[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Is there a guide or video on how to install the patch? I'm still new to 3DS Homebrew. Also, I want to patch it on my JP N3DS than on my US N3DS XL, since I have all the DLC installed on my Japanese handheld. It is on 10.3.0-28J.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a question. The so called name restoration patch will also restore skills, weapons and the name of the kingdoms are are you guys only going to do so with character names?

And what about those who want only the Amie without the Japanese names?

Well we already use Nohr, Hoshido, and Invisible Kingdom for the kingdoms. As for items and weapons and skills, it depends. Skills are generally taken from Awakening, items are either their Awakening name, but new items (especially character special ones) are by us. Weapons are the same case.

We're going to only worry about name + Amie for now, because if we can do that, it's but 10 minutes work really to restore the localized names.

Is there a guide or video on how to install the patch? I'm still new to 3DS Homebrew. Also, I want to patch it on my JP N3DS than on my US N3DS XL, since I have all the DLC installed on my Japanese handheld. It is on 10.3.0-28J.

Op for normal Hoshido + Nohr (or read back 2 pages, iirc there's a Hans post). For IK, DLC, and installation as a .CIA, that's a lot more complicated that we'll eventually make a guide on (some others have already though)

For anyone with some free time, would you mind checking if my current Castle is accessible? Not sure if I tripped the cheat flag again, but I want to be sure before I clear yet another save.

10515 - 20549 - 73122 - 69282

We're going to only worry about name + Amie for now, because if we can do that, it's but 10 minutes work really to restore the localized names.

Thanks for your quick response. Still weird to see the Japanese names for characters and yet use the localized name for Kingdoms, but I guess people are too used to them. Some don't even know these names are localizations so it's not hypocrisy in every case.

Good luck on your patch and thanks for considering those who want the localized names too.

Edited by Black Mage

1. Install Homebrew on your 3ds using your preferred exploit. Smealum's site has a fairly comprehensive and up-to-date list of the methods, and all the downloads needed for this step.

2. Dump your game cart using Braindump.

3. Obtain xorpads for your game using decrypt9. Instructions are included in the download.

4. Put your dumped game and the xorpads into the patcher in this thread's OP.

5. Put the resulting .romfs file in the hans folder on your 3ds's SD card, then launch it through Homebrew.

I am sorry for all the questions I am about to ask you. If they can't be answered right now, because you need to test it, that's fine.

I was wandering what type of software I will have to pre download to my 3ds to get this content, when available (i am very new at this, and I am planning on reading and watching detailed videos about this).

Also will you post your patch here on this form, or a different form?

Another question is if I download this patch will it delete my saved files?

Will having the amie feature effect the relationship status, just like JP release?

If English Amie voices are not in the files, there are going to be JP voice overs. Will those have sub-titles by chance?

Lastly when do you estimate when you will be done with this patch?

1. Read the post one above yours.

2. It's in the OP, right now. Read the OP.

3. You can back up your saves using various homebrew applications, though the support gallery will be slightly messed up.

4. The patch currently applies to the JP version, which has Amie by default.

5. They currently don't.

6. All three main routes are currently complete, and going through bugfixing. For all intents and purposes the game is fully playable, improvements will probably keep being made indefinitely until everyone loses interest (since it's always possible to add more polish).

Thanks for your quick response. Still weird to see the Japanese names for characters and yet use the localized name for Kingdoms, but I guess people are too used to them. Some don't even know these names are localizations so it's not hypocrisy in every case.

Good luck on your patch and thanks for considering those who want the localized names too.

My personal copy of the patch has:

Hoshido to Byakuya

Nohr to Anya

Club to Kanabo

Faceless to Nosferatu

Yatogami to Yatonokami

Raijin Katana to Raijintou

Fuujin Bow/Wind God Bow to Fuujinyumi

I'd be willing to share those "corrections".

Hoshido to Byakuya

Nohr to Anya

Club to Kanabo

Faceless to Nosferatu

Yatogami to Yatonokami

So is pretty much the current patch, but with those name changes? Are those the only changes your patch has?

If you are willing to share I'll be happy to try it :):

So is pretty much the current patch, but with those name changes? Are those the only changes your patch has?

If you are willing to share I'll be happy to try it :):

I may be reading this wrong, but what he means is our patch with all the other changes (names, etc), but he changed his to also have those changes instead of our original translation.

I may be reading this wrong, but what he means is our patch with all the other changes (names, etc), but he changed his to also have those changes instead of our original translation.

Oh I see well thank you for that clarification.

May I ask what is the progression on the patch so far? Do you guys plan to release the final (or close to final with all supports) on official Western release or after it?

Go guys!! :XD:

4kCyjYh.jpg?1

XD hahaha, i think i will pick Fan Translation (dissapointed with the US release for removing the pat minigame and i am afraid they might change the dialogue of "soleil" < who appears to be into women" so i rather play like the real original which is the jap literally 'fan translated' more original than the US release :)

please keep this up guys ! i currently have the v3.0 installed will see whats new! i hope that you guys will also translate all the 'support' chats , cause i love those ! XD

Hoshido to Byakuya

Nohr to Anya

Club to Kanabo

Faceless to Nosferatu

Yatogami to Yatonokami

Is this because of personal preference?

Good to see that this project is making so much great progress.

So, what about cutscenes? Anyway for us to know what's they're saying?

maybe we need to wait until the US version came out so they could use the subbed cutscenes from it.

Edited by KamuiSama

May I ask what is the progression on the patch so far? Do you guys plan to release the final (or close to final with all supports) on official Western release or after it?

No one? I apologize if being too pushy. :(

So, what about cutscenes? Anyway for us to know what's they're saying?

Google and Youtube.

No one? I apologize if being too pushy. :(

No different than it was last time an update was given: all maingame chapters are complete for all three routes, and about 10% of the supports.

Google and Youtube.

No different than it was last time an update was given: all maingame chapters are complete for all three routes, and about 10% of the supports.

Just curious, what happened to the earlier claims before the 3.0 patch that 50% of the supports were done and would be included?