[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Assuming it's gone, putting the audio back on the cart isn't an issue- the problem is modifying a menu to make it switchable. Besides, dual audio isn't controversial at all- if they had the option at one point, there would be no point to removing it.

...I don't suppose it's the kind of thing that could be unlocked by beating the game?

While it would be nice to see it as an unlockable...I don't think they'd do that. It'd be a pleasant surprise for sure but it'd also be really weird cause it's not one of those things you regularly get from beating a game. I sure as heck would love to be proven wrong though.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Several things:

1. One of our coders who made the patcher (SciresM) has said he will modify the patcher to also be compatible with the NA versions. This includes all 3 versions, and the patcher will automatically setexr wbat version you're using, which clears J-Star's problem.

2. Like mentioned, it's known the Live2D assets are still in the NA Fates. Thus, Amie restoration SHOULD be relatively easier, as it's likely the Amie assets were kept in the game to prevent breaking it. If not, reworking Amie into the game is something we'll attempt at, but with no guarantees. (After all, we have access to the JP coding.)

3. Dual Audio is slightly misleading, it should be interpreted as "Undub." We can't restore the option of dual audio, but we likely can change the library files with the Japanese voices.

4. There will be multiple patches released in each combination possible. This means if you only want one thing and not the other, it should work.

5. Restoring the Fates text into If is a qestion of law too. We can't and won't distribute copyrighted content.

Stay tuned as we figure it out!

Based on the video, NA "Amie" scene is pretty short and fixed with zero interaction. I'm pretty sure they also didn't record controversial conversation in English like

"Your hand is soft" or "You're tugging my hair", guess that we need undub to feel the full experience of JP Amie function.

I'm curious about the 2nd and 3rd point, how tricky is it to restore the Amie function?

Is it only a matter of:

1. Delete NA Amie section code.

2. Replace it with the original JP code found in JP cart.

3. It works.

Will the team also undub the animated cutscene (E.g Aqua singing scene) back to Japanese or leave it in English?

I'd like to help out with the fan translation. Any way I can get on board with this project?

Message me what you can do. We're not exactly recruiting right now, though.

Based on the video, NA "Amie" scene is pretty short and fixed with zero interaction. I'm pretty sure they also didn't record controversial conversation in English like

"Your hand is soft" or "You're tugging my hair", guess that we need undub to feel the full experience of JP Amie function.

I'm curious about the 2nd and 3rd point, how tricky is it to restore the Amie function?

Is it only a matter of:

1. Delete NA Amie section code.

2. Replace it with the original JP code found in JP cart.

3. It works.

Will the team also undub the animated cutscene (E.g Aqua singing scene) back to Japanese or leave it in English?

It's *basically* that for the group, but for the user who wants to apply the patch, that's a different story.

We can undub the cutscene if we can undub everything else (replace the library file), but we can't sub it just yet.

Not sure if this question is asked but, will you be also adding back more/restoring the JP voice customizations for both gender Kamui for the NA version.?

One thing at a time, but we plan to eventually. It SHOULD be auto-restored with the standard undub, though.

Just saw that my firmware updated without my permission anyway, so I'm in the fucked-zone for a long while.
On the positive side, this probably means that by the time the region-free and everything is ompatible with my current firmware, most, if not all of the game will be translated. gonna make sure it doesn't update anymore after this, lest i have to buy the butchered version of the game when its finally released.

Yeah okey, so they have removed the amie feature it seems. Not sure if it's just locked away or entirely removed.
But my life mantra is "if we can't pet waifu, there is no point in lifefu"
But yeah.

So It'll be possible to get a European version of the game from a store and then patch it to change the names back to the original, as well as add Japanese audio and unlock the amie features right?

Yeah okey, so they have removed the amie feature it seems. Not sure if it's just locked away or entirely removed.

But my life mantra is "if we can't pet waifu, there is no point in lifefu"

But yeah.

So It'll be possible to get a European version of the game from a store and then patch it to change the names back to the original, as well as add Japanese audio and unlock the amie features right?

If it's just as easy as patching the NA version then most likely, yes.

Edited by thedude28

If it's just as easy as patching the NA version then most likely, yes.

Well then I hope it is. I won't mind buying the game then. But I'll wait until it's possible to get those changes done. Otherwise I'm not spending a single dime on the game.

Well then I hope it is. I won't mind buying the game then. But I'll wait until it's possible to get those changes done. Otherwise I'm not spending a single dime on the game.

Seeing as Europe gets less censorship than NA. it's possible Amie is still in by default for Europe.

Seeing as Europe gets less censorship than NA. it's possible Amie is still in by default for Europe.

Yeeeeeeeh......No. I don't know where you are getting that from but the fire emblem game is getting a pegi 12 rating here like every other game on the 3ds. The awakening game had no difference to the American version compared to a few words being spelled the British way. Like color was changed to colour and etc. If the amie feature is gone in the U.S it is certainly also gone in the European.

Yeeeeeeeh......No. I don't know where you are getting that from but the fire emblem game is getting a pegi 12 rating here like every other game on the 3ds. The awakening game had no difference to the American version compared to a few words being spelled the British way. Like color was changed to colour and etc. If the amie feature is gone in the U.S it is certainly also gone in the European.

EU didn't have Tharja's Summer Scramble CG censored while NA did, but NA didn't have Tharja and Nowi's Harvest Scramble convo censored while EU did. To people concerned about censorship, that is a very big difference.

EU didn't have Tharja's Summer Scramble CG censored while NA did, but NA didn't have Tharja and Nowi's Harvest Scramble convo censored while EU did. To people concerned about censorship, that is a very big difference.

It's been a while so I can't recall that.

But I honestly doubt that EU version will have the amie feature intact. It seems like a much bigger deal than a simple still image. Would be nice if it was tho. That'd practically remove most of my worries.

I posted this in GBATemp, but seeing as this is the "main" thread, I'll ask here.

I don't know if you guys will actually bother with this, but I noticed Amiibo units have no unique lv up quotes, and that's not going to fly with me.
I only really use Lucina and Robin Amiibos (I even married Robin to my FeMui, I'll just dump the screenshots in a spoiler), so I've taken care of those already.
Just add this to the end of LvUp.txt file inside the m folder, again, I've only implemented Lucina and Robin, but I'm also giving you dummy ones for Marth and Ike in case you guys decide to do something with them.
MID_レベルアップ1_ルフレ: Hmm, I don't feel\nvery different...
MID_レベルアップ2_ルフレ: I can tell\nI've gotten stronger
MID_レベルアップ3_ルフレ: Now that's strategy!
MID_レベルアップ4_ルフレ: Wow... Sometimes I\nsurprise even myself!
MID_カンスト_ルフレ: My tactics are\nrivaled by none.
MID_レベルアップ1_ルキナ: I cannot\nsettle for this!
MID_レベルアップ2_ルキナ: Good. I must\nstay this course.
MID_レベルアップ3_ルキナ: This strenght serves\nmore than me alone.
MID_レベルアップ4_ルキナ: Father... I've become\nmuch stronger...
MID_カンスト_ルキナ: I cannot fail!
MID_レベルアップ1_マルス: Dummy
MID_レベルアップ2_マルス: level up
MID_レベルアップ3_マルス: quotes
MID_レベルアップ4_マルス: for
MID_カンスト_マルス: Marth
MID_レベルアップ1_アイク: I
MID_レベルアップ2_アイク: Fight
MID_レベルアップ3_アイク: For
MID_レベルアップ4_アイク: My
MID_カンスト_アイク: Friends
R9qnGuX.png
(As for the Female Kamui and Robin marriage)

anrAZ6o.pngjgLCrsG.png
lt8XkPw.pngQzbLnxa.png
w6S5v5o.pngsdzXXiW.png
JFzBP3O.pngl6C9Fui.png

Edited by DeathChaos25

Couple questions: is this patch still up and running, and if so, does it work only with a digital copy of the game or does a hard copy work as well?

Yes, the patch was always running. You need a physical copy to patch it yourself.

i'm seriously itching to play the game, so i figure it's best to ask here

should i play the translation or just wait?

That's up to you.

Edited by thedude28

So there's a lot of pages to read through and I apologize if this has been asked before but is it possible to play your translation with the downloaded version of If? I have all 3 versions and my JP N3DS is running 9.9.0-26J.

Also, if possible, is there a recommended guide to follow that has had near perfect success of getting to play the translation patch?

So there's a lot of pages to read through and I apologize if this has been asked before but is it possible to play your translation with the downloaded version of If? I have all 3 versions and my JP N3DS is running 9.9.0-26J.

Also, if possible, is there a recommended guide to follow that has had near perfect success of getting to play the translation patch?

You mean the eShop version? Look at the post above you.

What do you mean by "near perfect" success? I'm pretty sure the guide they have is pretty noob-friendly.