[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

You mean the eShop version? Look at the post above you.

What do you mean by "near perfect" success? I'm pretty sure the guide they have is pretty noob-friendly.

Ah sorry for the annoying questions!

By "near perfect success" I guess I was just asking for the process that has had the most success in getting the translation to work.

Guess I'll have to buy the first two versions again in physical form...

Edit: Actually one more question if anyone can answer. Does this mean that I have to have both Hoshido and Nohr physical copies to play them translated or can I just have one physical and the other 2 as DLC and still play the last two translated?

Edited by Thunder Mage Ilyana

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah sorry for the annoying questions!

By "near perfect success" I guess I was just asking for the process that has had the most success in getting the translation to work.

Guess I'll have to buy the first two versions again in physical form...

Edit: Actually one more question if anyone can answer. Does this mean that I have to have both Hoshido and Nohr physical copies to play them translated or can I just have one physical and the other 2 as DLC and still play the last two translated?

I'm pretty sure any process would work, as the only problems I remember were people having problems with folders not being named properly due to it not supporting unicode characters (or something, I forgot).

But unfortunately for you, you'd need to get both physical carts because the extra paths come as DLC.

I might as well wait for a chance, if they might release it on the 19th.???

When I said usually, I mean they're barred by Japanese law from doing it.

Even if it's a case where that isn't in play (as in, they simply made a limited stock, but didn't explicitly call it a Special Edition), look how long it took certain Amiibo and the Sm4sh GCN adapter to have rereleases. Some of them still haven't happened, and it's been over a year already.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

When I said usually, I mean they're barred by Japanese law from doing it.

Even if it's a case where that isn't in play (as in, they simply made a limited stock, but didn't explicitly call it a Special Edition), look how long it took certain Amiibo and the Sm4sh GCN adapter to have rereleases. Some of them still haven't happened, and it's been over a year already.

No, that usually doesn't happen at all. It'd be a VERY slim chance at most.

Then I might as well wait for a slim chance to get it then

hello guys, so recently i managed to install a homebrew(menuhax 2.2) on my 3ds.

the problem is when i tried to braindump my fire emblem if (special edition e-shop, already updated to the latest version of the game too)
i got red screen on the bottom and black screen on the top
has anyone run into the same problem?

I'm using an old 3ds and the firmware is 10.3.0.28J
i'm sorry if i'm posting on the wrong thread

edit:
it seems i need a physical version of the game for the english patch :(
sorry for the long post

Edited by maxiusagi

Does it hang immediately or after dumping for a while? And have you tried just letting it sit for a while?

If it only does it after a while, check and make sure there's enough space on your SD card. You'll need more than a gigabyte.

Either way, I'm fairly sure you need a physical copy of the game to use the patch...

Then I might as well wait for a slim chance to get it then

Suit yourself.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Does it hang immediately or after dumping for a while? And have you tried just letting it sit for a while?

If it only does it after a while, check and make sure there's enough space on your SD card. You'll need more than a gigabyte.

Either way, I'm fairly sure you need a physical copy of the game to use the patch...

it hangs immediately after i started the dump (got red screen).

yeah i'm planning to buy the JP special edition :( now

i hope my old save file will works there

You should be able to transfer your saves using Homebrew. The Support Gallery will be messed up by applying the patch, but not permanently (any support you've seen before will appear in JP there until you see it again normally, then fix itself).

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

OP updated!

[spoiler=INFORMATION ABOUT RESTAURATION PATCHES!]Team If also plans to release several patches for Fire Emblem: Fates, following several controversial decisions made by Nintendo:

The currently existing patcher will be modified to work with Fire Emblem: Fates (all editions). We will release several patch packs (as possible). Here are the following packs:

- Amie restoration
- Japanese dub restoration
- Japanese name restoration
- Fan-Translation

Packs that need to be verified are legal:

- Official Japanese text pack
- Official NA text pack (for Japanese-edition users)

Any combination of them is possible. SciresM plans to make it so if you want it, just unzip the pack in the patcher, instructions to follow.

OP updated!

[spoiler=INFORMATION ABOUT RESTAURATION PATCHES!]Team If also plans to release several patches for Fire Emblem: Fates, following several controversial decisions made by Nintendo:

The currently existing patcher will be modified to work with Fire Emblem: Fates (all editions). We will release several patch packs (as possible). Here are the following packs:

- Amie restoration

- Fan-Translation

Any combination of them is possible. SciresM plans to make it so if you want it, just unzip the pack in the patcher, instructions to follow.

In regards to the last two options, that's a "legal gray zone". It is technically against copyright (NOT illegal in America, that is) to simply lift and use assets from a copyrighted product without permission. However, nothing is stopping you from simply doing creating a similar copy using it. That is to say, you could create a patch using the script as a base, editing all the names, fixing censored dialog/content, and so on. This is because you would technically not be using the original script, but rather making your own script that was quite similar. This is kind of like copying pages from a book or taking pictures. So long as you are not selling it for profit, and it isn't the original, it is technically "legal".

Note that the terms "legal" and "illegal" do not even apply here, at least for US law. Copyright is a civil matter (not a criminal matter) and thus, by definition, cannot be legal or illegal. Of course you could be sued for it, but I could also sue anyone for anything.

Releasing our own modified files of the original is as far as we're basically willing to go, lol. We will NOT risk any form of Copyright Infringement (DMCA), or provide anything that could lead to piracy, which in turn leads to a DMCA (and a lawsuit if necessary, though has that EVER happened in history? Nope.)

And either ways, those last two are literally just direct rips and transfers of the text, so......yeah that's not any form of edited material.

I suppose we could create a guide on how to dump and do it though.

Hello i'm new here.
I have a few questions:

The pach for US version is like make this version more like the JAP version?

You guys know is there will be a problem in the online games or dlc?
How long will take for all the patches?

There is a way to support this?

OP updated!

- Amie restoration

- Fan-Translation

this is awesome! keep up the good work

I am so sorry if this has been asked before but there are 72 pages of this and I'm not nearly as knowledgeable on how patches such as this may work

I have a couple of questions that I would really appreciate any help with

-I realize the patch will work with all versions, but does this mean all physical, digital and special edition versions of all versions of fates? for example the european version of the special edition.

-I have no clue about how to install or use this patch, but will it require me to go through a lot of instructions before I can get it running? or is it as simple as downloading it to an SD card and placing it in my 3ds?

-is it possible to download only specific parts of the patch? I am not at all bothered by the removal of the tapping portion of skinship and I'm looking forward to the official localization, but is it possible to only have the japanese audio functioning?

and keep up the amazing work!

Edited by Crazy Retro Cool