[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that included in Amie? We really need to see the code first.

Wat?

Compare the ones yourself online lol. Someone will upload NA supports..

in the Amie you get the love swimsuit from the stream a level 3 accessory only had a bath towel so hopefully you guys can patch this as well also given that the black swimsuit is shown in the hot spring building it most likely is still in the games code hidden and probably have to patch that building as well to allow interchangeable swimsuits again.

1. Yes, I said you can run unmodified 3DS roms with Sky3DS. You can't run a patch on a Sky3DS, as that would be a modified rom.

3. Nope, browserhax is still working.

1. Well, that destroys the whole reason why I got Sky3DS.

3a. So, all I have to do now is go into the Internet browser and I get English IF? It's THAT simple? Wow, I could have saved a lot more money that way. But, if you use a physical copy of IF and patch it, how does that work? Does it permanently change the game into English or does it require you load up The Homebrew Channel every time you wish to play it that way?

3b. Assuming Fates itself will not receive a patch, according to a little salt I sensed from one of the developers, does that mean DLC is inevitably gone since you'd have to get IF to patch it? Given, you can not access other region eShop channels to get to the DLC if, say, you access it on a NA handheld.

1. Well, that destroys the whole reason why I got Sky3DS.

3a. So, all I have to do now is go into the Internet browser and I get English IF? It's THAT simple? Wow, I could have saved a lot more money that way. But, if you use a physical copy of IF and patch it, how does that work? Does it permanently change the game into English or does it require you load up The Homebrew Channel every time you wish to play it that way?

3b. Assuming Fates itself will not receive a patch, according to a little salt I sensed from one of the developers, does that mean DLC is inevitably gone since you'd have to get IF to patch it? Given, you can not access other region eShop channels to get to the DLC if, say, you access it on a NA handheld.

1. Lol. There's a lot more you can do, if you just read up a bit.

3a. You're new to the hacking scene, aren't you? Using browserhax will only get you into the Homebrew launcher (from which installing Menuhax is recommended, also just another entry point into Homebrew.) From there, you can use HANS to patch a physical copy of the game you have inserted. (We do NOT support piracy and won't tell you how either). And as it is, using HANS is exactly designed to patch a physical copy of If. You have to repatch it everytime. I'm not sure if HANS can patch a game loaded from Sky3DS, though. (You're seriously suggesting piracy and we don't stand for that).

3b. What are you even trying to say, lol. We're patching Fates with whatever lost content there was. And what do you mean, you have to get If to patch DLC? (Why would you even get the DLC if you didn't have If?) And you technically CAN access the Japanese eShop on a NA 3DS, but it requires a lot more in-depth hacking that your 3DS doesn't support and you clearly don't seem to have the skills to do so yet.

Edited by luyairis

If I were to wait for the NA restoration patch, and just buy the NA copies, would the patch eventually work with the DLC version of IK using HANS or do I need it in the physical copy (NA SE)?

Thanks, guys.

Kinda, the patch itself won't be able to work with the DLC (using HANS), but I'm pretty sure the DLC will use stuff from the patch (ie. Restored names, dub restoration).

At least I think that's how it works, don't quote me on that though.

Wait, I'm confused from these posts. Are we doing the "de-localize" thing that I did with my personal copy?

Like "Reflet", "Kanabo", "Byakuya", "Anya" and all that crap?

Because if we're delicalizing things, why the hell are we mixing localizations (Hoshido, Nohr) with "name restoration"(Lazward, Marx, Yatonokami)?

That's kind of inconsistent and bothers me to no end.

If you're going to call them by JP names with this patch, then you should go full weeb.

Edited by shadowofchaos

is there a way to reload a save without having to restart the game ?

Oh if you're just talking about normally, at any point hit L + R + start, and the game will automatically go back to the Title Menu (where you can select saves).

If you're talking about with Hans then no, you have to quit out to the Homebrew Menu every time by holding L+R+Down+B and starting up Hans again. You could save the loadout you have for the patch to make it a little faster. Until then, though, you can't soft-reset without meeting a black screen until smealum releases *Hax 3.0. He said he's been working on it along with some additional features but recently he's been working on WiiU stuff lately so who knows when that'll happen.

1. Lol. There's a lot more you can do, if you just read up a bit.

3a. You're new to the hacking scene, aren't you? Using browserhax will only get you into the Homebrew launcher (from which installing Menuhax is recommended, also just another entry point into Homebrew.) From there, you can use HANS to patch a physical copy of the game you have inserted. (We do NOT support piracy and won't tell you how either). And as it is, using HANS is exactly designed to patch a physical copy of If. You have to repatch it everytime. I'm not sure if HANS can patch a game loaded from Sky3DS, though. (You're seriously suggesting piracy and we don't stand for that).

3b. What are you even trying to say, lol. We're patching Fates with whatever lost content there was. And what do you mean, you have to get If to patch DLC? (Why would you even get the DLC if you didn't have If?) And you technically CAN access the Japanese eShop on a NA 3DS, but it requires a lot more in-depth hacking that your 3DS doesn't support and you clearly don't seem to have the skills to do so yet.

1. Yeah, well...I did just get it :T

3a. Huh, I don't mean to be offensive here, but isn't this whole thread in a pretty legal gray area as it is?

3b. I should've phrased it better, especially since I forget a new person replies to me every time. But, also, I phrased it pretty badly in general, too. What I mean is:

- If Fates does receive a restoration patch of lost content (Amie, cut scenes, etc.) will it still allow for DLC to be added to the game?

That is the jest of what I meant to say. And, I'm not new to the hacking in general, but to the 3DS scene in paricular. I have changed up my Wii U so much that it can easily do a bunch of things that it should have never been able to do, such as using GameCube controllers on other games and the Pro Controller on Wii Mode. I have never failed to do a process before for any other Nintendo console either, with the exception of almost bricking the Wii U after incorrectly setting the region code.

But, given the 3DS and Wii U both only recently began seeing progress in this criteria, I am "new" in this sense, yes, so don't badger me if I sound like a (...) in some of my words. I can admit that I am new to the 3DS scene and that I am not too smart in the many ways you can hack it, but I did just pick up on it over the past month.

1. Yeah, well...I did just get it :T

3a. Huh, I don't mean to be offensive here, but isn't this whole thread in a pretty legal gray area as it is?

3b. I should've phrased it better, especially since I forget a new person replies to me every time. But, also, I phrased it pretty badly in general, too. What I mean is:

- If Fates does receive a restoration patch of lost content (etc)

3a. All fan-translations are (but we have contacts in Nintendo so lol whatever). There were some people here and on Gamefaqs that did prove its legality a while back.

3b. Well there's no reason dlc couldn't be added. We're only editing the script files, not the system files. It should work as normal, and dlc patching will require a custom cia as usual.

But, given the 3DS and Wii U both only recently began seeing progress in this criteria, I am "new" in this sense, yes, so don't badger me if I sound like a (...) in some of my words. I can admit that I am new to the 3DS scene and that I am not too smart in the many ways you can hack it, but I did just pick up on it over the past month.

No, it's just the Wii U that saw progress in this criteria, as the 3DS had pokemon Romhacks for a while.

I think using the NA supports with polishingis a good choice, it's hard holding off playing for so long! I wouldn't even mind a preliminary patch that added the missing supports from the NA version without cleaning them up first. Anyway after that if just the DLCs got translated and the ending epilogues I think I'd be totally satisfied.

Edited by Firion

in the Amie you get the love swimsuit from the stream a level 3 accessory only had a bath towel so hopefully you guys can patch this as well also given that the black swimsuit is shown in the hot spring building it most likely is still in the games code hidden and probably have to patch that building as well to allow interchangeable swimsuits again.

Sentences please, I have no idea what that means.

You're seriously suggesting piracy and we don't stand for that

He's not supporting piracy, he's asking how the patch works! If everyone here was an accomplished hacker, why would we get so many questions?

a. Browserhax doesn't automatically patch anything, it's a method of loading Homebrew, and that has several tools and applications you can use to create and run the patch. What you need to do is load Homebrew, use it to dump your game and obtain xorpads, put the game dump and the xorpads into the team's patcher, then take the resulting file, and put it back into Homebrew (using your SD card). Then whenever you want to play the patched game, you launch Homebrew with the game inserted, and then launch the game using the appropriate application.

b. The NA/EU versions will be receiving patches. They'll be user-customizable to do any combination of various things such as restore the JP names, undo censorship, etc. Exactly what is possible will be known once the game releases. Patching DLC with normal Homebrew on the latest system menu version is currently impossible and likely will be for the foreseeable future, there are more advanced methods that can do so but the team doesn't offer support for doing them. If you want to patch IK, a NA SE will likely be the only way to do so.

If I were to wait for the NA restoration patch, and just buy the NA copies, would the patch eventually work with the DLC version of IK using HANS or do I need it in the physical copy (NA SE)?

You'll need the SE. Hans may or may not be upgraded to work with DLC later, whether or not that happens (or is even possible) isn't in the If team's hands and shouldn't be counted on.

That's kind of inconsistent and bothers me to no end.

Well, there are two main exceptions to using the official JP names:

-If it was localized in Awakening, Awakening's localization is being used. Same goes for things that were localized before Awakening and then not mentioned in it. This is why the Nosferatu are Faceless; calling them Nosferatu would become confused with Awakening's Nosferatu. It's also why Robin is Robin and not anything else, etc.

-If it was localized before e3 (the January and April trailers), those localizations are being used. Hoshido and Nohr are big examples.

Those are there because the purpose of the patch isn't to be as similar to Japan as possible, it's to stick with what people are used to.

You'll need the SE. Hans may or may not be upgraded to work with DLC later, whether or not that happens (or is even possible) isn't in the If team's hands and shouldn't be counted on.

Then if I get the JP SE, will the patch later include the NA localized text or will it still have the fans translation version (just wondering)?

Thanks.

Edited by ie2580

Patching DLC is actually very easy if you know what you're doing, but for newbies, it's extremely hard as it requires both CFW and many tedious steps, and the fact that we don't support Piracy makes it a tad bit harder, because they'd need to manually patch it themselves which I can almost guarantee almost none of the newbies might get right.

Hi, i am new here so I just want to start by thanking this team for their efforts. I abhor Nintendo USA for their arbitrary censorship and glad (although its taking a lot of work) to have the option to play it as it was intend.

I have some probably very straight forward questions I was hoping someone could answer.

I was able to get this game to work on my recently (but messed up a bit so got to do it again) CFW Old 3DS. But I used the wrong threads patcher (think it was 1.2) so this starts my first questions:

1) Can I just swap out the patch and patcher data in the folder I did the patching and just "re patch" / Update the game with what ever is the latest Patch ? (currently 3.0)

2) Is there any danger to Downloading Game updates via Nintendo for this game?

3) I have a copy of the JP special edition, did I get the right one? I was positive it had both games but the menu makes it look like there is only 1 of 3? Has a buy paths option in opening menu. Does the Special Edition come with the 3rd downloaded story path or is that the DLC you refer too?

Bonus Question: Looked and am a bit confused

WILL it be possible to translate DLC? im seeing what I think are nos and some yes? will it require the English versions of the games? if so obviously dont need translation patch , but the content restoration stuff would be needed right?

Thank you

Edited by Reidlos

Hi, i am new here so I just want to start by thanking this team for their efforts. I abhor Nintendo USA for their arbitrary censorship and glad (although its taking a lot of work) to have the option to play it as it was intend.

I have some probably very straight forward questions I was hoping someone could answer.

I was able to get this game to work on my recently (but messed up a bit so got to do it again) CFW Old 3DS. But I used the wrong threads patcher (think it was 1.2) so this starts my first questions:

1) Can I just swap out the patch and patcher data in the folder I did the patching and just "re patch" / Update the game with what ever is the latest Patch ? (currently 3.0)

2) Is there any danger to Downloading Game updates via Nintendo for this game?

3) I have a copy of the JP special edition, did I get the right one? I was positive it had both games but the menu makes it look like there is only 1 of 3? Has a buy paths option in opening menu. Does the Special Edition come with the 3rd downloaded story path or is that the DLC you refer too?

Bonus Question: Looked and am a bit confused

WILL it be possible to translate DLC? im seeing what I think are nos and some yes? will it require the English versions of the games? if so obviously dont need translation patch , but the content restoration stuff would be needed right?

Thank you

1. Yes. Back up your saves though. Iirc you'll lose the first page of saves.

2. Don't do it, basically. (Although our patch was fixed to work with 1.1)

3. Which menu? If its the Title Menu, well you only have one choice for the first 6 chapters. When you reach chapter 6 is when the choice appears. If you have two choices already without downloading anything, it's the SE. If you don't, it's not the SE, unless you downloaded it. (You can post a picture of your cart if you would like.)

And IK is DLC for If SE, it didn't come on the cart cause it was released several weeks after release.

B: Yes, it is. IK itself is dlc and we translated it. It doesn't require the English version of the games, and why would content restoration be needed?

does that include the other paths? say I have the SE will everything be fine on that cartridge also would the voice over/name patches for DLC maps be disabled?

>Does that include the other paths?

It depends on what version of the game you have. Some will have paths as dlc and others on-cart. You can only patch on-cart unless you're relatively more advanced at 3DS hacking.

And if you have an SE, yes, it's fine. The cart itself won't ever be modded.

Also, the name restoration will only work if you've actually watched that section, voiceover we'll have to look at it first. (Name changing isn't changing a root variable assigned to names, we're going through all the text files and changing them in-script manually).

Out of curiosity... With the NA release of Fire Emblem Fates coming out this coming Friday, is there any idea regarding when the game in full will be translated including all three stories, the support, DLC and all that. Not to rush or anything of course. I'm looking forward to playing the game in full as it was meant to be played... uncensored.