[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Out of curiosity... With the NA release of Fire Emblem Fates coming out this coming Friday, is there any idea regarding when the game in full will be translated including all three stories, the support, DLC and all that. Not to rush or anything of course. I'm looking forward to playing the game in full as it was meant to be played... uncensored.

Please read the OP for progress, and they said they're almost done DLC.

Edited by thedude28

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been keeping up with all the posts here but I'm sort of confused at one thing. On one hand the NA localized script is copyrighted so it can't be shared, but I also hear that the rest of the supports will be patched in from the NA version after they're cleaned up. Is that all definitely true for the patch as CFW users will use it (for the Japanese version)? The remaining supports and such will be taken from the NA version and scrubbed of localization changes?

I've been keeping up with all the posts here but I'm sort of confused at one thing. On one hand the NA localized script is copyrighted so it can't be shared, but I also hear that the rest of the supports will be patched in from the NA version after they're cleaned up. Is that all definitely true for the patch as CFW users will use it (for the Japanese version)? The remaining supports and such will be taken from the NA version and scrubbed of localization changes?

Basically yes.

>Does that include the other paths?

It depends on what version of the game you have. Some will have paths as dlc and others on-cart. You can only patch on-cart unless you're relatively more advanced at 3DS hacking.

And if you have an SE, yes, it's fine. The cart itself won't ever be modded.

Also, the name restoration will only work if you've actually watched that section, voiceover we'll have to look at it first. (Name changing isn't changing a root variable assigned to names, we're going through all the text files and changing them in-script manually).

so it is possible to change some things on DLC maps? Sorry if I misread your statement.

1. Yes. Back up your saves though. Iirc you'll lose the first page of saves.

2. Don't do it, basically. (Although our patch was fixed to work with 1.1)

3. Which menu? If its the Title Menu, well you only have one choice for the first 6 chapters. When you reach chapter 6 is when the choice appears. If you have two choices already without downloading anything, it's the SE. If you don't, it's not the SE, unless you downloaded it. (You can post a picture of your cart if you would like.)

And IK is DLC for If SE, it didn't come on the cart cause it was released several weeks after release.

B: Yes, it is. IK itself is dlc and we translated it. It doesn't require the English version of the games, and why would content restoration be needed?

Thanks but still a bit confuzeled. So in the current patch DLC and a few things are not quite done yet right? And how would one go about buying Japanese DLC from US even with a CFW?

and the 3 paths thing, if i get to chapter 6 , the SE version gets to choose either of the 3 paths? (2 if i dont get dlc)

If I got Invisible Kingdom how do I get it move to computer to use your patcher? I think i read its alot harder then the main game?

Edited by Reidlos

Thanks but still a bit confuzeled. So in the current patch DLC and a few things are not quite done yet right? And how would one go about buying Japanese DLC from US even with a CFW?

and the 3 paths thing, if i get to chapter 6 , the SE version gets to choose either of the 3 paths? (2 if i dont get dlc)

If I got Invisible Kingdom how do I get it move to computer to use your patcher? I think i read its alot harder then the main game?

Read the op.

If you don't know standard hacking, don't bother even trying to region change to get the dlc.

And the SE comes with 2 paths preloaded and a download for the third path. You can choose any 3.

And let's not even bother with moving your IK to the computer, that is way beyond what you clearly can do.

Read the op.

If you don't know standard hacking, don't bother even trying to region change to get the dlc.

And the SE comes with 2 paths preloaded and a download for the third path. You can choose any 3.

And let's not even bother with moving your IK to the computer, that is way beyond what you clearly can do.

So if I'm grasping this right, you're saying that the the patch linked in the OP comes with all three paths. No need to buy a second game or DLC? I'm a bit confused about how you get the DLC maps or is that with the patch as well. Sorry this is my first time reading about this project.

Basically yes.

I don't fully comprehend the question, but I guess it was about the unreleased translated supports of the patch will be taken from the NA version instead of being fan translated? :((

So if I'm grasping this right, you're saying that the the patch linked in the OP comes with all three paths. No need to buy a second game or DLC? I'm a bit confused about how you get the DLC maps or is that with the patch as well. Sorry this is my first time reading about this project.

There is no patch for the DLC, you'd have to rebuild it using the translated files they provided.

Thus the patch only covers 2 of the 3 paths.

That's weird didn't the OP say all paths completed. Invisible Kingdom is being fixed. DLC and support is being translated? How does one go about rebuilding translated files that who provides?

All paths are completed. They're just not distributing IK, they're distributing the files to it. And rebuilding the CIA is for experienced users only.

Ah thank you. Umm stupid question but I'll ask it anyways. Now I got FE White Kingdom (JP) for the purpose of patching this game onto it. I also have FE Birthrights (NA) on my New 3DS. So to just make sure I'm following here when you say buy it yourself and patch it... well I'm just a little confused who I'm buying from. Sorry if I'm out of the know with all this information in advance.

Ah thank you. Umm stupid question but I'll ask it anyways. Now I got FE White Kingdom (JP) for the purpose of patching this game onto it. I also have FE Birthrights (NA) on my New 3DS. So to just make sure I'm following here when you say buy it yourself and patch it... well I'm just a little confused who I'm buying from. Sorry if I'm out of the know with all this information in advance.

If your'e talking about buying IK, buy it from the eShop yourself.

No because they're DLC. You can't change anything about DLC if you're using HANS.

but the NA SE can work the patch like others say right? Also will online be effective ie:wording of characters, weapon names voices etc? also if DLC maps is a no go then is there an alternate method then Hans? if there is one to play DLC maps translated?

but the NA SE can work the patch like others say right? Also will online be effective ie:wording of characters, weapon names voices etc? also if DLC maps is a no go then is there an alternate method then Hans? if there is one to play DLC maps translated?

According to what's been said, NA SE has all 3 paths on cart already, as opposed to the JPN SE which only contains Nohr/Hoshido and IK is DLC.

For DLC, there is no alternative, CFW is the only way you can play patched DLC, which requires FW 9.2 or lower, and as of right now, 10.4/1.5 Cannot be downgraded unless you Hardmod your 3DS, but if your 3DS FW is within the 9.3-10.3 range, there are many tutorials and videos on youtube on how to downgrade to 9.2

Read the op.

Ouch

Thanks for the info, I am just starting and trying to get any lesser questions out of the way fast, im a quick learner and I ripped apart the PSP "back in the day" so i am capable of becoming capable :) I just am not a programmer so I of course cant just know right from the start how this translation team did everything just from looking at it, i prefer in these cases to read instructions/examples or even segmented concepts on what to do which is really the basis for everything people learn ?

Ouch

Thanks for the info, I am just starting and trying to get any lesser questions out of the way fast, im a quick learner and I ripped apart the PSP "back in the day" so i am capable of becoming capable :) I just am not a programmer so I of course cant just know right from the start how this translation team did everything just from looking at it, i prefer in these cases to read instructions/examples or even segmented concepts on what to do which is really the basis for everything people learn ?

Editing DLC requires some previous knowledge of this stuff, if you want to region change DLC, this page helps,

https://www.3dbrew.org/wiki/Title_list/DLC

Of course, like I said, without previous knowledge of what you want to do, this might all seem alien.