[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

So if I get the NA SE I won't have to worry about having IK as DLC (since it's included) and the restoration will eventually work with the NA SE to restore the audio to japanese voices (to undub it)?

Edited by oie

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will this work on a new 3ds ver 10.3 (us).

For the two main routes via hans. If you want everything, downgrade to 9.2.

So if I get the NA SE I won't have to worry about having IK as DLC (since it's included) and the restoration will eventually work with the NA SE to restore the audio to japanese voices (to undub it)?

That is, if IK is really on the cart. There is still a chance SE users would just have an early access code. And yes, the restoration is there. Read the op.

That is, if IK is really on the cart. There is still a chance SE users would just have an early access code. And yes, the restoration is there. Read the op.

Oh, okay. So if IK is to be downloaded with a code in NA SE, I'm guessing HANS won't work with IK and I'd just have to play IK in English audio then?

Thanks!

Oh, okay. So if IK is to be downloaded with a code in NA SE, I'm guessing HANS won't work with IK and I'd just have to play IK in English audio then?

Thanks!

Yes, IK becomes DLC and HANS won't work with any DLC in general.

Edited by thedude28

Would digitally bought games (one of the two main routes) work with HANS as well or does HANS only work with physical copies?

Also, when using HANS, do I just save normally, or is there something I should keep in mind when saving?

Thanks!

Would digitally bought games (one of the two main routes) work with HANS as well or does HANS only work with physical copies?

Also, when using HANS, do I just save normally, or is there something I should keep in mind when saving?

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure HANS works with digital copies. And there's nothing special about saving when using HANS.

Thank you very much for all the work into this patch. I am running it right now in Birthright using HANS.

Two quick questions:

-Is there a list of which supports have been translated in the 3.0 patch and which haven't?

-Some of the character speech in my castle is in Japanese. Is this not translated yet, or is it me screwing up something with my patching?

Thank you very much for all the work into this patch. I am running it right now in Birthright using HANS.

Two quick questions:

-Is there a list of which supports have been translated in the 3.0 patch and which haven't?

-Some of the character speech in my castle is in Japanese. Is this not translated yet, or is it me screwing up something with my patching?

Only 10% of all Supports have been translated in patch 3.0, so you're fine. I don't know if we are getting full translation for supports by the time official NA releases or in next patch, so don't count on my words entirely.

Only 10% of all Supports have been translated in patch 3.0, so you're fine. I don't know if we are getting full translation for supports by the time official NA releases or in next patch, so don't count on my words entirely.

Thank you.

I was referring to the things characters say in My Castle when you talk to them in the field, when you visit a shop or building, when buying or selling items, etc. Those are not yet translated as well?

The other question I have. If I unlock a not yet translated support now just for the gameplay support bonus, and a later patch translates the support, will the Japanese support be replaced with the translated one in the Support Viewer in the Museum so I can later watch the translated supports I already obtained? I thought I saw a post somewhere with trouble with this. Am I safe to unlock non-translated supports so that I can view them translated in a future patch?

Cellenseres just confirmed, to get FE:if as the original title screen, replace the icon.bin file with the original one (so replace the one in the patch with the one you have), and patch it from there.

nah, that's not completely true.

If you want to use the original 3D Banner, you need to remove the "banner.bin/banner.bnr" in the exe-folder in our patch.

If you want to use the original japanese Game Title ("ファイアーエムブレム if" instead of "Fire Emblem: Fates"), you need to remove the "icon.bin/icon.icn" in the exe-folder in our patch.

curious question guys, will there be a 'uncensored' patch by the time the game releases in NA.!?

(just the censoring parts, e.g pat game and the few dialogues maybe?) .

Just read the OP...

[spoiler=INFORMATION ABOUT RESTORATION PATCHES!]Team If also plans to release several patches for Fire Emblem: Fates, following several controversial decisions made by Nintendo:

The currently existing patcher will be modified to work with Fire Emblem: Fates (all editions). We will release several patch packs (as possible). Here are the following packs:

- Amie restoration

- Japanese dub restoration

- Japanese name restoration

- Fan-Translation

Packs that need to be verified are legal:

- Official Japanese text pack

- Official NA text pack (for Japanese-edition users)

Any combination of them is possible. SciresM plans to make it so if you want it, just unzip the pack in the patcher, instructions to follow.

Edited by Cellenseres

curious question guys, will there be a 'uncensored' patch by the time the game releases in NA.!?

(just the censoring parts, e.g pat game and the few dialogues maybe?) .

Also, logically speaking, how could we even get a patch before release? We need the actual game to do anything.

(I apologize if i'm asking in the wrong section/thread but i couldn't figure out where to ask)

I wanted to know if there is a video or tutorial somewhere so i could learn how to uh...well i guess "use" this patch offered here? (i have no idea how patching works and all i want to know is how can i play FE: Fates without nintendo's horrid censoring)

Think of me as someone who is completely illiterate with how "patching" works. As far as i know or how i think it works is that all you do is download a file, put it in the game's folder, and when the system launches the game and reads the game's folder and all the files in it, it will read the patch/file and "blanket" it over the game and presto! You have the game patched with japanese audio, uncensored amie, original names and etc

I'm also wondering (since i am buying the limited edition FE Fates 3DS) if this patch will work on it since it'll more than likely come with the latest firmware updates and stuff.

I have like...3+ questions but i'd hate have to a huge block/wall of text so if maybe i could PM someone willing to answer my questions? Because before the game comes out on the 19th i was seriously debating canceling my pre-orders for the game, console, and dlc and just importing. I mean i could say i'm so~so versed in japanese so i should be fine but i want to make a decision before the game comes out so i can avoid wasting $

(I apologize if i'm asking in the wrong section/thread but i couldn't figure out where to ask)

I wanted to know if there is a video or tutorial somewhere so i could learn how to uh...well i guess "use" this patch offered here? (i have no idea how patching works and all i want to know is how can i play FE: Fates without nintendo's horrid censoring)

Think of me as someone who is completely illiterate with how "patching" works. As far as i know or how i think it works is that all you do is download a file, put it in the game's folder, and when the system launches the game and reads the game's folder and all the files in it, it will read the patch/file and "blanket" it over the game and presto! You have the game patched with japanese audio, uncensored amie, original names and etc

I'm also wondering (since i am buying the limited edition FE Fates 3DS) if this patch will work on it since it'll more than likely come with the latest firmware updates and stuff.

I have like...3+ questions but i'd hate have to a huge block/wall of text so if maybe i could PM someone willing to answer my questions? Because before the game comes out on the 19th i was seriously debating canceling my pre-orders for the game, console, and dlc and just importing. I mean i could say i'm so~so versed in japanese so i should be fine but i want to make a decision before the game comes out so i can avoid wasting $

Here is a video tutorial made by one of the members: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWjdyo8QgYk

As for the other questions, you can pm me or someone else.

I'm sorry "thedude28" i'm new to being a member on the site and don't know how to privately message so i'm gonna post it here and hopefully you can help me out?

1) Will this patch work with the new nintendo 3ds that i'm gonna get on the launch date
The next following questions i ask, i understand have hypothetical answers since the game isn't out yet and nobody has been able to test them so if you answer them can you tell me with "how much certainty" is your answer
Also i don't know if according to forum rules is what i'm asking taboo or looked down on, i'm honestly brand new to all this and i'm sorry if i'm asking what is suppose to be common knowledge
2) Does the dual audio patch for the NA version of the game blanket everything? (nohr, hoshido, revealations, dlc, and side stuff)
3) Does the amie patch interfere in any way with all the other aspects of the game? like will it mess up dlc or "downloaded" stuff not on the cartridge. i'm getting the collector's edition which comes with all 3 games on the cartridge (supposedly) and i already pre-ordered the dlc
4) What about the original name patch? (same as question 3)
5) How completed is the fan translated patch at this point and where does it not extend [the version that translates it for USA version without Nintendo's idea of what is appropriate for us]
6) If 5 isn't 100%, without asking for a date, can we at least expect that at some unknown time, they'll complete it to 100% covering everything and re-release it?
7) If i use the first 3 patches (audio, amie, and original name) and later decide, after the fan translation patch is completed to 100%, to download the fan translation, Will i be in danger of losing any save progress or anything at all patching my game up again?

Hi everyone, I am new for here. I have a little problem; actually I have a copy of Fire Emblem If Special Edition imported from Japan and one American Old 3DS XL with SysNAND 9.2.0-20U and CFW with EmuNAND 10.5.0-30U version and Hombrew Launcher with Region Free and HANS. I just want to load the FE and play in Japanese (do not want to use the patches).

I load my copy of FE in Hombrew into CFW and load the Region Free, the game doesn't start, being the screen black. I load the copy in HANS with the hope that starter, unfortunately was not well, leaving the upper screen and lower noise in yellow. ¡Help!, please. ;w;

I do something similar to what he did Linkmaster in this video:

Obviously unpatched to English, just load the game.

Please excuse my awful English.

Edited by Hilbert Green

Hi everyone, I am new for here. I have a little problem; actually I have a copy of Fire Emblem If Special Edition imported from Japan and one American Old 3DS XL with SysNAND 9.2.0-20U and CFW with EmuNAND 10.5.0-30U version and Hombrew Launcher with Region Free and HANS. I just want to load the FE and play in Japanese (do not want to use the patches).

I load my copy of FE in Hombrew into CFW and load the Region Free, the game doesn't start, being the screen black. I load the copy in HANS with the hope that starter, unfortunately was not well, leaving the upper screen and lower noise in yellow. ¡Help!, please. ;w;

Did you set HANS' region as JPN?