[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

the supports are not voice anyway for now why not give the undub a try ? there is one going around it adds jap voices via Hans i think the supports will need a lot of work because they change so much im some cases

Can't speak for him but I'm stuck on the JP special edition (and honestly prefer to be on it) with my avatar having a name written out in Japanese, so transferring my save doesn't really seem to be an option.

I can only hope someone on a certain site frankensteins together a JP special edition with the missing supports patched in from the NA release for now, until this patch is all ready.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't speak for him but I'm stuck on the JP special edition (and honestly prefer to be on it) with my avatar having a name written out in Japanese, so transferring my save doesn't really seem to be an option.

I can only hope someone on a certain site frankensteins together a JP special edition with the missing supports patched in from the NA release for now, until this patch is all ready.

If you really want to transfer your save (even though you said you preferred the JP version) then I think you can easily change your name by editing your save. When I opened Chapter0 from my exported save, one of the first things I saw was my player name. I'm not sure if changing that actually changes it in the game, but it's worth a try.

If you really want to transfer your save (even though you said you preferred the JP version) then I think you can easily change your name by editing your save. When I opened Chapter0 from my exported save, one of the first things I saw was my player name. I'm not sure if changing that actually changes it in the game, but it's worth a try.

Useful info, but yeah I'm gonna stick to the JP version. As much as I really want all the supports so I can blaze through the whole game without hesitation, pics keep cropping up of all the ridiculous changes, and I don't want to deal with any of that. JP version is great and this translation is a dream. Shame I can't learn enough Japanese in just a few weeks to read the rest.

Still, I'd take at least the NA remaining supports patched in temporarily (or perhaps the rest of those ~50% of the supports that are already translated) because there are currently no Shara supports in the current patch, and I have S-rank plans for her.

Edited by powermad80

So, I have a cia of FEIF SE patched with this installed, and a cia of the English SE installed. However, I can only view the data of the 'Inbox' in the japanese copy. Nothing shows up in english, while the data from both the English and Japanese shows up in the Japanese one. Does it have something to do with the fact that I do not transfer the 'global' save because it erases my logbook? Even if it does why would the english data not show up in the english one?

Sorry if this belonged in the feif hacking topic, i assumed it belonged here because it involved the fan patch.

Edited by Blyvern

Would you be able to let me know how to go about doing that? I would love to transfer my Hoshido file from my Japanese SE to my English SE (when it comes in Thursday). My character's name is in Japanese so I assume there would be problems if I do it without changing anything.

If say I wanted to Patch this onto a physical cart of FE Birthright for the sheer fact of wanting the delocalization in action would it work?

No, you can't modify the physical cart. The closest thing to that is HANS, which is only a temporary solution.

Sorry I meant if I were to apply the patch so when I put my physical copy of Birthright into Hans after having applied the patch, would it work in such a way that it's basically the japanese version translated?

I think so, don't quote me on that though.

The article was actually mostly neutral until towards the end I thought. But those comments, ugh, hard to resist replying despite knowing it'd be a waste of time. I used to post there regularly and know exactly how ill informed most commenters on Kotaku are.

Well whatever they say there's a lot more people who do appreciate your efforts than don't! I legitimately probably wouldn't feel up to playing it at all without the patch despite being a fan of the series, but with it I enjoyed the game quite a lot. The fact it was done despite it being planned to release overseas is really cool, I'd never heard of something like that. Hell games getting retranslations in general after an official release is rare, only example that pops into my head is Ar Tonelico 2. So thanks!

I have successfully patched the special edition and made a .3ds file. However, I cannot get it to start on my sky3ds+ card. Is there a way to fix this?

Sky3DS can't play patched ROMs, since changing any data in the ROM breaks Nintendo's signature on the software and the 3DS will refuse to run it.

You need to load it with the clean ROM and patch it through Hans.

I installed cfw (rx tools) on my o3ds and the emunand is on 9.2. I was able to play the game but cannot access any online content of the game. Nintendo recently released 10.6 update, and I was wondering if it is a good idea to update emunand to 10.6? According to the front page, it says the game only run below 10.3? Sorry I'm a bit new to this.

Let us all take a day of rest and watch in amusement the Kotaku article that was published about us's comments. Man that shit is hilarious.

I'll take any "shitty" translation over cut and lazy localization "content" any day. Unfortunately publishers like Nintendo has a hardcore defense fanbase who is willing to suck up any to the point they lose to rationalize everything.

Complaining is not going to change anything. Nintendo will continue this tradition until the whole staff changes, fans will defend till death(pretty much every big title has a dedicated fanbase to defend their title and opinions). You guy better just forget and move along. Best luck to your team.

I have successfully patched the special edition and made a .3ds file. However, I cannot get it to start on my sky3ds+ card. Is there a way to fix this?

Sky3DS does not play patched roms or undub. The only alternative way to play your patched file is to convert it into a .cia file, but you need to be on EmuNAND (requires to firmware on 9.2) to install a .cia file.

Edited by Astora

Would you be able to let me know how to go about doing that? I would love to transfer my Hoshido file from my Japanese SE to my English SE (when it comes in Thursday). My character's name is in Japanese so I assume there would be problems if I do it without changing anything.

I spoke too soon.

What I thought might change the name was really just a preview of the player's name for the save file. Which would mean the player's name is stored elsewhere and I can't find it.

Sorry.

I can see several reasons for why they used this as an example:

Fl5aKWL.png

One of the most obvious and likely is Kotaku taking sides and trying to persuade others in taking their side too. It's not hard knowing the average Kotaku reader. Besides, all you need to do is read the comments and you'll see that I am right, one of the most liked comment is one that says they support censorship, go figure.

Look, both the left and the right actually say the same thing, there's really no difference between the two (completely accurate, I will believe both sources), except the first one is more complex, more verbose and maybe has better syntax (it's actually good on the right too). Here I can say (at least for me, quality can't be objective in writing, to be fair) that the left one is superior.

I'd read the left one over the right one if there was no context, but that's not how the rest of the localization is. It's not complex, verbose and with better syntax AND on top of that, it's not as accurate (both content and dialogue). So I am still happy you guys are still doing this! I thank you.

I would help you if I could, but I have no knowledge of the Japanese language, without that, I can't even help in working on the syntax.

Edited by Immahnoob

While I support this effort I wonder if responding and being featured in Kotaku is the best thing for this team.

After all it is not rare to see game company to C&D fan translation effort, especially now that official US version is out. I think d team should just stay quiet and release the patch when it is over before getting spotlight whatsoever.

Well, anyhow, the best of luck to you guys. I pray no lawyers will be knocking on your doors :D

I hope that doesn't happen.

But at least I'm safe if they do.

In my case, I can just simply modify my text files on my own and say "I modified this myself. On my own personal copy."

Edited by shadowofchaos

I installed cfw (rx tools) on my o3ds and the emunand is on 9.2. I was able to play the game but cannot access any online content of the game. Nintendo recently released 10.6 update, and I was wondering if it is a good idea to update emunand to 10.6? According to the front page, it says the game only run below 10.3? Sorry I'm a bit new to this.

The OP is a little out of date, it's fine to update your emunand to 10.6 (just not your sysnand). For anyone on 10.5 and using browserhax to launch homebrew, don't update.

Complaining is not going to change anything.

Agreed. So enjoy the patch for what it improves upon and stop complaining about people who don't like it.

While I support this effort I wonder if responding and being featured in Kotaku is the best thing for this team.

After all it is not rare to see game company to C&D fan translation effort, especially now that official US version is out. I think d team should just stay quiet and release the patch when it is over before getting spotlight whatsoever.

Well, anyhow, the best of luck to you guys. I pray no lawyers will be knocking on your doors :D

There was one other unsolicited publicity stunt a while back- Nintendo definitely already knew about this. They did nothing then, and while it's always possible they could change their minds I don't think it's worth panicking over.

The OP is a little out of date, it's fine to update your emunand to 10.6 (just not your sysnand). For anyone on 10.5 and using browserhax to launch homebrew, don't update.

Ok thanks. If I don't want any of the game online features then I do not need to update my emunand right? (It works now so I don't want to screw up anything) From my understanding updating the emunand basically allow me to load eshop and enjoy online content as well as compatibility with new games. Is there any specific reason that we want to go online with this game?

Ok thanks. If I don't want any of the game online features then I do not need to update my emunand right? (It works now so I don't want to screw up anything) From my understanding updating the emunand basically allow me to load eshop and enjoy online content as well as compatibility with new games. Is there any specific reason that we want to go online with this game?

Within the game itself? My Castle. This thread is only about developing and applying the patch, though, so you'll have to look it up elsewhere- ask in the FE14 section or read the articles on the mainsite.