[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Small update, if anyone is in need of a Gateway card, I have a once-used Gateway (opened to check if it works). Selling for USD $60, PM if interested!

I'll buy it if it's pre-loaded with a .3ds of Fates SE with more supports done. :smug:

They're normally included in the game, the patch shouldn't have anything to do with you being able to get them. It might change what they're called, but wouldn't stop you from getting them (you get a few freebies if you have a SE).

Oh, I see,

They're normally included in the game, the patch shouldn't have anything to do with you being able to get them. It might change what they're called, but wouldn't stop you from getting them (you get a few freebies if you have a SE).

So I guess they were already translated in this version.

Got another question though. When I go online I can do pretty much everything (visit castles and stuff).

However, I can't get to find any DLCs if I actively look for them. Is it that there aren't more or what? How can I know which ones do I have?

Edited by Belucard

Hmm, just a suggestion, is "Syalla" really the best romanization of Tsukiyomi's daughter's name? My first instinct in transliterating シャラ would be "Shara" (shya-ra, after all).

Edited by powermad80

Hmm, just a suggestion, is "Syalla" really the best romanization of Tsukiyomi's daughter's name? My first instinct in transliterating シャラ would be "Shara" (shya-ra, after all).

Maybe, maybe not. But there's absolutely no way names are up for debate.

Then you only have one option: Region change your emunand to JPN, sign up for a JPN NNID and have at it.

Just found the DLC, sorry for being this dumb.

Although they are not translated they are there, alongside some placeholder DLCs.

So far I recognized the Ballestician, the Witch and some Seal below them.

Maybe, maybe not. But there's absolutely no way names are up for debate.

I think some romanization will always be up to personal interpretation, that´s why they can´t open the names for debate, if they do, it will just never end.

At least "Syalla" or "Shara" will both be pronounced as シャラ, so it won´t be strange if the characters speak the name (haven´t played yet, don´t know if they talk about this person). One of the things that sounded so strange for me on Awakening was people calling "Emerina" everytime on voiced scenes and the name changed to "Emmeryn".

We're working on them!

Totally off-topic, but I love your Touhou avatars, you just went from one of my favorites to another one. Could you PM me where you find those? XD

Edited by Brunho

Totally off-topic, but I love your Touhou avatars, you just went from one of my favorites to another one. Could you PM me where you find those? XD

I found them on Google. Lol.

(You can also use Danbooru, Zerochan, and Konachan.net (or Konachan.com for nsfw) if you want them...)

If you want my current pic, I waifu2x'd it here: https://aww.moe/tpkcxl.png

Edited by luyairis

Dumb question, but since the english version has released is the project still ongoing? I really don't want to play that one but i also want to know whats going on with the supports and skinskips lol. Great work on whats done though, not sure how much thanks you guys get but for what its worth i really appreciate what you guys are (were?) doing!

Dumb question, but since the english version has released is the project still ongoing? I really don't want to play that one but i also want to know whats going on with the supports and skinskips lol. Great work on whats done though, not sure how much thanks you guys get but for what its worth i really appreciate what you guys are (were?) doing!

Yes, this is still a thing. They are going to complete the patch translating all the remaining dialogues (supports, etc) and make them closer to the original, without all the official "localization changes". It may take some time though, since it´s a lot of work.

There are two patches: one to make the JP version playable in English (this one) and one to make the English version more like the Japanese one (restoring Amie, adding JP audio, reverting name/support changes, adding swimsuits etc).

Overall, the patch for the NA version will be better for a variety of reasons. You can still purchase DLC using it with a >10.3 NA 3ds, you can pick and choose which aspects of the restoration to use, and if you have an NA SE, you can more easily patch Revelations. It'll be a few more days until the NA patch is completely done, but once it is you really should be using it unless you already have a JP copy and don't mind missing out on some extra features.

The JP patch is still ongoing, but it's also mostly complete and not receiving very much attention right now.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

Several questions. Can I use this with the English Special Edition? I would like to use the better of the translation, and since the language is already English, anything that was not translated and still in Japanese, and be translated cuz I patched over the English version?

Lets say I then build the patched .3ds rom. can my Sky3DS+ (which currently is running the Fates Special Edition properly right now) still use it or must I install it as a .cia ? since cia uses my 3DS itself as a private header, lets say i can put it back on sky3DS+, can I use the conquest cartidge's private header on the 3ds to go online?

There are two patches: one to make the JP version playable in English (this one) and one to make the English version more like the Japanese one (restoring Amie, adding JP audio, reverting name/support changes, adding swimsuits etc).

Overall, the patch for the NA version will be better for a variety of reasons. You can still purchase DLC using it with a >10.3 NA 3ds, you can pick and choose which aspects of the restoration to use, and if you have an NA SE, you can more easily patch Revelations. It'll be a few more days until the NA patch is completely done, but once it is you really should be using it unless you already have a JP copy and don't mind missing out on some extra features.

The JP patch is still ongoing, but it's also mostly complete and not receiving very much attention right now.

Wow, so the delocalization patch is that close to done. I'm almost tempted to just switch to that if only I knew how I could change my avatar's name to english characters. I tested out save injecting and it seems to work fine, just displays a '?' for every character.

Several questions. Can I use this with the English Special Edition? I would like to use the better of the translation, and since the language is already English, anything that was not translated and still in Japanese, and be translated cuz I patched over the English version?

Lets say I then build the patched .3ds rom. can my Sky3DS+ (which currently is running the Fates Special Edition properly right now) still use it or must I install it as a .cia ? since cia uses my 3DS itself as a private header, lets say i can put it back on sky3DS+, can I use the conquest cartidge's private header on the 3ds to go online?

Yes, you can use this with the Eng Special edition. Sky3DS+ does not support modified roms.