[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

I have a basic question. If people have the Japanese special edition, does the main patch cover all 3 paths (including Invis. Kingdom)? is the separate Invis kingdom patch only for those that have downloaded it as a separate DLC?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a basic question. If people have the Japanese special edition, does the main patch cover all 3 paths (including Invis. Kingdom)? is the separate Invis kingdom patch only for those that have downloaded it as a separate DLC?

No.

The Japanese special edition only has Hoshido and Nohr on it - the Invisible Kingdom route will always be dlc regardless of whatever version of the game you have.

It's not updated in the OP yet, but the Invisible Kingdom files are just so you can use them to make a custom cia and install that for patching Invisible Kingdom. Otherwise, there is no way to currently patch Invisible Kingdom.

Here's the link to the final release.

I haven't been keeping up with the drama, but I wanted to say thanks. You guys had a lot done long before the game ever came out, or even announced. And now that we've seen the official localization, I can appreciate what you're doing more than ever.

"Why bother translating a game that already has an English release?"

or

"Why bother translating a bad game?"

Well, because they want to. It shouldn't need any other reason than that.

It's not that a group of people translating in their spare time can be efficiently distributed to any arbitrary project that hasn't been worked on before. If it's not being translated, it's cause nobody wanted to. If the team didn't work on FE:Fates, they wouldn't all just hop on to the next game. Maybe a few, but they'd have to recruit a new team, and without enough interest there's nothing at all. No Fates, no "better" game, no obscure game big publishers would never touch, nothing. They did what they wanted to do, and that happened to be this. And now they want to quit, so that's what they're doing. I can respect that.

I'm also losing faith in official localizations lately... So much taken out needlessly, dated internet jokes inserted haphazardly, and odd choices to switch things around for seemingly no reason at all. It's almost like every single game coming out now needs a fan translated option. Obviously that's not feasible, but is it any easier to get the publishers to do a better job instead?

How do you do this with hans running on 10.5 with menuhax homebrew

You should downgrade if you can.

Step 1 - Obtain romfs for your version of the game. (From braindump or a rom off the internet.)

Step 2 - Download patch stuff

Step 2.5 - Extract romfs (Using something like ctrtool)

Step 3 - Put patch files into extracted romfs, overwriting old files

Step 4 - Repack romfs (https://gbatemp.net/threads/release-romfs-builder.379330/)

Step 5 - Put in /hans/titleID.romfs

Step 6 - Launch game with HANS using new romfs

If you're going to use Braindump, make sure you get the one that dumps romfs and exefs in different files.

I think Ctrtool can extract romfs.

ctrtool --intype=romfs --romfsdir=romfsdir romfs.bin

Assuming your romfs file is called romfs.bin.

The braindump page has similar instructions under the FAQ.

You could probably figure out how to do these steps by using Google or asking on GBATemp.

Thanks for everything you've accomplished. お疲れ様でした。 Now can someone tell me how to use the final release? For patching the Invisible Kingdom as well. 教えてください。

Edited by Purge

Thanks for everything you've accomplished. お疲れ様でした。 Now can someone tell me how to use the final release? For patching the Invisible Kingdom as well. 教えてください。

The final release will patch Hoshido and Nohr as normal (refer to the structure of previous patches if there's an error).

For patching Invisible Kingdom, your only choice is taking those files and generating a custom .cia with it, then installing it onto a cfw that's not Gateway (ReiNAND is recommended) via FBI or BBM or some other cia installer.

The final release will patch Hoshido and Nohr as normal (refer to the structure of previous patches if there's an error).

For patching Invisible Kingdom, your only choice is taking those files and generating a custom .cia with it, then installing it onto a cfw that's not Gateway (ReiNAND is recommended) via FBI or BBM or some other cia installer.

So take all of the files in the final release and use them to make a cia file? Is there a tool I'm supposed to use to do that? Sorry if this sounds incredibly stupid

So take all of the files in the final release and use them to make a cia file? Is there a tool I'm supposed to use to do that? Sorry if this sounds incredibly stupid

Well, if you don't already know how, then I can confidently say you won't be able to.

But if you look around..

Well, if you don't already know how, then I can confidently say you won't be able to.

But if you look around..

I think I got it. As I have a9lh installed, I already had everything I need lol. I'll use uncart to dump and decrypt9 for xorpad generation

I think I got it. As I have a9lh installed, I already had everything I need lol. I'll use uncart to dump and decrypt9 for xorpad generation

Or just wait for the final release with everything to come out and for someone to upload a fully patched 3DS or CIA.

[spoiler=DOWNLOAD LINKS]

Fire Emblem If - Fan Translation Patch (Rom Patcher Version) [v3.0]

Fire Emblem If - Final Patch Release (contains everything we have) [Patcher not included]

Fire Emblem If - Invisible Kingsom (Translated Files) (to use the translated files for Invisible Kingdom, you need to patch the DLC itself, it won't work by using this files for the main-game).

Added our final Patch release!

It contains everything we have.

Have fun!

Added our final Patch release!

It contains everything we have.

Have fun!

Some files are missing in the final patch (they are available in 3.0 patch):

A019.bin.lz
A020.bin.lz
A021.bin.lz
A023.bin.lz
A024.bin.lz
A025.bin.lz
A027.bin.lz
A028.bin.lz
B025.bin.lz
B026.bin.lz
B027.bin.lz
B028.bin.lz
C013.bin.lz
C018.bin.lz
Initial Settings.bin.lz (must be renamed to 初期設定.bin.lz)
X001.bin.lz
X003.bin.lz
X004.bin.lz
X005.bin.lz
X006.bin.lz
X007.bin.lz
X008.bin.lz
X009.bin.lz
X010.bin.lz
X011.bin.lz
X013.bin.lz
X017.bin.lz
X018.bin.lz
X022.bin.lz
にぎやかし_アミーボ.bin.lz
にぎやかし_物をもらった時.bin.lz
アサマ_サクラ.bin.lz
アサマ_ヒノカ.bin.lz
エルフィ_オーディン.bin.lz
オボロ_ベルカ.bin.lz
サイゾウ_ベルカ.bin.lz
サイラス_ベルカ.bin.lz
サクラ_ニシキ.bin.lz
シャーロッテ_ベルカ.bin.lz
ジョーカー_ヒノカ.bin.lz
スズカゼ_ベルカ.bin.lz
ゼロ_ベルカ.bin.lz
フェリシア_ラズワルド.bin.lz
フェリシア_レオン.bin.lz
ベルカ_マークス.bin.lz
ベルカ_ラズワルド.bin.lz
ベルカ_ルーナ.bin.lz
ベルカ_レオン.bin.lz
モズメ_ラズワルド.bin.lz
モズメ_レオン.bin.lz
ラズワルド_ルーナ.bin.lz
撤退.bin.lz
/m/C/C006.bin.lz must be located in /m/.

/m/B/B006.bin.lz is not necessary.

Edited by RainThunder

Does that contain the latest complete translation (minus the supports)?

It's basically the final patch released a while ago, but with the missing files.

The latest translations (My Castle random lines and supports) will need some time, Div 2 is just getting used to them right now.

It seems to be that whenever I attempt to generate the xorpads for the .3ds file of fe:fates special editiion it refuses to give me the Main.exefs_7x xorpad. the two it gives it Main.exefs_norm and Main.exheader. Is there a reason to this? Am I just being an idiot?