[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for making this guide Dude! I really appreciate it!

i heard this patch works on 10.7? im abit worried about downgrading... unless a complete wipe will let me restore it

I have a section on that in my guide.

If your downgrade messes up, then your 3DS is out for good unless you have a hardmod.

I have a section on that in my guide.

If your downgrade messes up, then your 3DS is out for good unless you have a hardmod.

hardmod?

what would you say the % of failure is when downgrading?

is amazing finaly i can play de japanese version of FE fates, but i have a problem, but you should make a video tutorial about the how install it, the instructions are a little bit confusing for me, i´m not so good at english so i don´d understand very well :D:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello! Thanks for creating this fan translation. I have a question regarding the 7 DLC map pack. Is it possible to buy/download them to work with this translation or no?

I'm new to 3DS hacking/Rom so I don't fully understand what you can and can not do. I read on the pastebin about using Japanese DLC with kind of mods that do away with the Gateway Red Flash Card, but I thought that was only for Revelations. I bought the Japanese version of FE: IF Special Edition so I'm good with that I believe.

Edit: I saw someone posting somewhat of a similar question but I wasn't sure how he got around to buying them off the eShop with a CFW? Aren't those illegal or something to use on the eShop or won't Nintendo ban you?

Edited by Tirnoth

Hello! Thanks for creating this fan translation. I have a question regarding the 7 DLC map pack. Is it possible to buy/download them to work with this translation or no?

I'm new to 3DS hacking/Rom so I don't fully understand what you can and can not do. I read on the pastebin about using Japanese DLC with kind of mods that do away with the Gateway Red Flash Card, but I thought that was only for Revelations. I bought the Japanese version of FE: IF Special Edition so I'm good with that I believe.

Edit: I saw someone posting somewhat of a similar question but I wasn't sure how he got around to buying them off the eShop with a CFW? Aren't those illegal or something to use on the eShop or won't Nintendo ban you?

You can buy/download/play DLC, but you cannot play the translated version of it on a Gateway Red. Revelations counts as DLC too, so that will be untranslated as well.

You can buy things off the JPN eShop if you have one of the following:

1. A JPN 3DS

2. A region changed EmuNAND that is JPN.

It is completely "legal" since EmuNAND is an emulation of your console, thus you're able to create a legit JPN eShop account and buy things with it.

You can buy/download/play DLC, but you cannot play the translated version of it on a Gateway Red. Revelations counts as DLC too, so that will be untranslated as well.

You can buy things off the JPN eShop if you have one of the following:

1. A JPN 3DS

2. A region changed EmuNAND that is JPN.

It is completely "legal" since EmuNAND is an emulation of your console, thus you're able to create a legit JPN eShop account and buy things with it.

Thanks for replying!

I'm a little lost with option 2. From reading that guide, I'm to use a NTR CFW 3.0 to get this to enable that?

I bought on eBay the Fire Emblem IF: Special edition (JPN), New 3DS with 9.2 Firmware with current setup on the 32gb micro SD set to autoboot ReiNand CFW through menuhax. The emunand is on latest 10.7 and has a title manager already on it, and Cubic Ninja. So with these then, I just need to setup that NTR CFW 3.0 to be able to get on the Japanese eShop then?

Finally, if I managed to get this to work, I'm assuming I need to setup an Japanese eShop account through the main game via Dragon Portal when I buy the DLC or through the Homebrew interface? Also, do credit cards outside of Japan work or do I need to go to places like Play-Asia to buy a Nintendo points to use?

My apologizes if this was long or if this was asked. I did my best to search from this site and Google to get an answer, but I wasn't finding the answers I was seeking.

Edited by Tirnoth

Thanks for replying!

I'm a little lost with option 2. From reading that guide, I'm to use a NTR CFW 3.0 to get this to enable that? (This is the link that was at the bottom).

(-snip-)

I bought on eBay the Fire Emblem IF: Special edition (JPN), New 3DS with 9.2 Firmware with current setup on the 32gb micro SD set to autoboot ReiNand CFW through menuhax. The emunand is on latest 10.7 and has a title manager already on it, and Cubic Ninja. So with these then, I just need to setup that NTR CFW 3.0 to be able to get on the Japanese eShop then?

Finally, if I managed to get this to work, I'm assuming I need to setup an Japanese eShop account through the main game via Dragon Portal when I buy the DLC or through the Homebrew interface? Also, do credit cards outside of Japan work or do I need to go to places like Play-Asia to buy a Nintendo points to use?

My apologizes if this was long or if this was asked. I did my best to search from this site and Google to get an answer, but I wasn't finding the answers I was seeking.

You need to edit that link out. You're not allowed to link that site here.

You completely misunderstood what I said here.

If you want to buy DLC, you need:

1. A JPN 3DS

2. An EmuNAND that is JPN.

If you do not have either of these, there is absolutely no way you can access the JPN eShop.

When I mean eShop account, I mean you need a JPN NNID to be able to access the eShop.

If your using ReiNand, you can already support out of region DLC, so there's no need for NTR CFW.

NTR CFW cannot access the Japanese eShop (assuming you're not using a JPN region EmuNAND), it is mainly used for boosting the user experience.

Homebrew also cannot access the JPN eShop, only the region your 3DS is in.

If you somehow get all of this sorted out, then you can use your credit card to buy DLC. They accept all the standard ones.

You need to edit that link out. You're not allowed to link that site here.

You completely misunderstood what I said here.

If you want to buy DLC, you need:

1. A JPN 3DS

2. An EmuNAND that is JPN.

If you do not have either of these, there is absolutely no way you can access the JPN eShop.

When I mean eShop account, I mean you need a JPN NNID to be able to access the eShop.

If your using ReiNand, you can already support out of region DLC, so there's no need for NTR CFW.

NTR CFW cannot access the Japanese eShop (assuming you're not using a JPN region EmuNAND), it is mainly used for boosting the user experience.

Homebrew also cannot access the JPN eShop, only the region your 3DS is in.

If you somehow get all of this sorted out, then you can use your credit card to buy DLC. They accept all the standard ones.

Thanks for the response!

I guess I'm not entirely sure how EmuNAND works. I just read online that EmuNAND keeps two versions of your firmware, one being the official and the other being the modified/CFW/fake one.

So bottom line what you're saying is I need a Japanese 3DS? A US 3DS for example, will not be able to access the Japanese eShop. From what I Google'd, the only way to access Japanese eShop is only having a Japanese 3DS. I guess I was lost because I've read the Japanese CFW 3DS able to access EU and US eShop by changing the SYSNAND or EmuNAND and region settings? but not the other way around (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Sorry if I'm slow to understand. Anyway, thanks again for answering my questions.

Edited by Tirnoth

Thanks for the response!

I guess I'm not entirely sure how EmuNAND works. I just read online that EmuNAND keeps two versions of your firmware, one being the official and the other being the modified/CFW/fake one.

So bottom line what you're saying is I need a Japanese 3DS? A US 3DS for example, will not be able to access the Japanese eShop. From what I Google'd, the only way to access Japanese eShop is only having a Japanese 3DS. I guess I was lost because I've read the Japanese CFW 3DS able to access EU and US eShop by changing the SYSNAND or EmuNAND and region settings? but not the other way around (correct me if I'm wrong here).

Sorry if I'm slow to understand. Anyway, thanks again for answering my questions.

Yup, I've been saying that all along. No exceptions.

I'll give you a quick rundown of what things mean:

SysNAND and EmuNAND are two different entities.

When you get a CFW, you are usually creating an EmuNAND along with it.

An EmuNAND is an emulated version of SysNAND, with a few other tweaks.

Now, because EmuNAND is an emulation of SysNAND, it also has a region (the same as your SysNAND region).

You can change the region of EmuNAND to whatever you want, but it's for the more advanced user (since it's more than just changing region settings).

If you tried changing the region of SysNAND, you're most likely going to brick 100%.

About accessing the eShop, again, let me reiterate what I said in the posts above:

To access the JPN eShop, you need either a:

1. A JPN 3DS

2. A region-changed EmuNAND

Yup, I've been saying that all along. No exceptions.

I'll give you a quick rundown of what things mean:

SysNAND and EmuNAND are two different entities.

When you get a CFW, you are usually creating an EmuNAND along with it.

An EmuNAND is an emulated version of SysNAND, with a few other tweaks.

Now, because EmuNAND is an emulation of SysNAND, it also has a region (the same as your SysNAND region).

You can change the region of EmuNAND to whatever you want, but it's for the more advanced user (since it's more than just changing region settings).

If you tried changing the region of SysNAND, you're most likely going to brick 100%.

About accessing the eShop, again, let me reiterate what I said in the posts above:

To access the JPN eShop, you need either a:

1. A JPN 3DS

2. A region-changed EmuNAND

Alright, now I get it. And it makes me a sad panda as I bought the wrong N3DS then ;_;

There is one last question I do have: if you're going on the eShop, won't that force your firmware to update and thus ruin your CFW?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification and my apologizes for being a bit slow.

Edited by Tirnoth

Just saying, even if you buy the DLC, you won't be able to use that download to use this patch.

What you would do is take the ticket (your receipt that you bought the DLC that let's you download it to the 3ds essentially) from the legitimate DLC purchase to generate a CIA file that you would modify with the English patch file for Invisible Kingdom.

It's essentially really complicated.

But if you mean legit ways to purchase DLC from the eShop... you will have to change the region on your Emunand.

I use my JPN 3ds for this patch, so that's why mine works.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Just saying, even if you buy the DLC, you won't be able to use that download to use this patch.

What you would do is take the ticket (your receipt that you bought the DLC that let's you download it to the 3ds essentially) from the legitimate DLC purchase to generate a CIA file that you would modify with the English patch file for Invisible Kingdom.

But if you mean legit ways to purchase DLC from the eShop... you will have to change the region on your Emunand.

Sorry, I meant to say the map pack, not revelations.

I bought the Special Edition (JPN) version so I figured that wasn't going to be an issue considering its on the cart, but I again I'm unsure...?

My main issue was trying get the DLC from the eShop, payment, and to play the map pack DLC (e.g. Anna on the Run) with the translation patch if at all possible.

Sorry if these questions are stupid. From researching and asking around, I get different responses >.< I'm also not sure what sources to trust given I don't know a lot about CFWs in general. Last time I messed with one was the PSP.

Edited by Tirnoth

Alright, now I get it. And it makes me a sad panda as I bought the wrong N3DS then ;_;

There is one last question I do have: if you're going on the eShop, won't that force your firmware to update and thus ruin your CFW?

Anyway, thanks for the clarification and my apologizes for being a bit slow.

Nope, most CFWs can be kept up to date.

Sorry, I should have been a bit clear here when I said DLC. I meant the map pack, not revelations.

I bought the Special Edition (JPN) version so I figured that wasn't going to be an issue considering its on the cart, but I again I'm unsure...?

My main issue was trying get the DLC from the eShop, payment, and to play the map pack DLC (e.g. Anna on the Run) with the translation patch if at all possible.

The JPN version does have Revelations, but it comes in the form of DLC since it is not on the cart.

Hi, so I have the Japanese special edition and a Japanese 3ds. I successfully patched conquest and birthright. But I'm not sure how to get the CIA to patch revelations. Can I get a detailed explanation on what I need to do to patch revelation? Thank you so much.

Hi, so I have the Japanese special edition and a Japanese 3ds. I successfully patched conquest and birthright. But I'm not sure how to get the CIA to patch revelations. Can I get a detailed explanation on what I need to do to patch revelation? Thank you so much.

.cia generation is extremely complicated (in this case). If you don't know how to do it already, we can't tell you here.

Nope, most CFWs can be kept up to date.

The JPN version does have Revelations, but it comes in the form of DLC since it is not on the cart.

I thought the Japanese version of Fire Emblem: IF Special Edition had Revelations on the cart as with the case with the US edition?

Edited by Tirnoth

I thought the Japanese version of Fire Emblem: IF Special Edition had Revelations on the cart as with the case with the US edition?

Nope, it was never on the cart in the first place. While you do get all three paths, Revelations is just a free download.

Revelations didn't exist at the time.

The thing with cartridges is that they need to be prepared months in advance before release for ratings and other crap.

Revelations might have been finished before release date, but not in time to put it on the cartridge. It was too late by then.

• 2 weeks later...