[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Thank you guys so much for your work. i have a little question...

Can the conversation in "My castle" such as shops, mines...etc be translated? if so, isn't easier to translate it first before the supports since they are smaller in compare?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made an account just to say how incredible the work you guys are doing is. The original storyline and content is well-worth the effort of installing the patch. The translations are very fluid and I'm thoroughly enjoying my playthrough of the OG version. I look forward to the future when the supports will, too, be translated to the same level of quality.

Great work, team!

Thank you guys so much for your work. i have a little question...

Can the conversation in "My castle" such as shops, mines...etc be translated? if so, isn't easier to translate it first before the supports since they are smaller in compare?

Yes, that's what the first patch from Div 2 will be. Progress is very slow atm though, because almost 100% of the team is suffering from exams.

I'll check in the previous thread pages to see if it has already been reported, but in Hoshido Chapter 6 (maybe Nohr too, haven't tried yet) Marx's line "...You reckless fool. All who resist will meet their end here." appears twice.

Hi there. Just started playing the translation patch using HANS and the romfs. Even though I know this project was finished a while ago, I still hope to find an answer on some questions.

When I use a physical copy of Fire Emblem if - Hoshido (White Kingdom), Am I safe to assume that, by using HANS, the (temporary) patch only works for the Hoshidan path that is on the physical cartridge, and any DLC (Nohr + IK paths officially bought from the Japanese eshop) does not work since it's not actually on the cartridge but on the SD? Or will the patch still work for this DLC? (can always access it outside of HBL in Japanese of course, since I'm playing on a Japanese 3DS)

Also, do I understand correctly that the SE version of the game contains both Hoshido and Nohr paths on the actual physical cartridge, while the IK path still needs to be unlocked as a free download and is still treated as DLC and therefore, not compatible with the 3.0 patch?

Edited by Ansatsu

could I get some technical support?

I patched the .3ds and hit "build CIA". I deleted the JPN version I had already and installed said .CIA. I tried to boot it but it kept saying "please redownload from e-shop". I restarted the system, and its icon was gone. I went to DevMenu, but it was still installed. I deleted & reinstalled, the Icon is still gone. However, I can successfully boot it from DevMenu, but it will crash if I hit the home button.

What did I do wrong?

Edited by raahaahaa

Hi there. Just started playing the translation patch using HANS and the romfs. Even though I know this project was finished a while ago, I still hope to find an answer on some questions.

When I use a physical copy of Fire Emblem if - Hoshido (White Kingdom), Am I safe to assume that, by using HANS, the (temporary) patch only works for the Hoshidan path that is on the physical cartridge, and any DLC (Nohr + IK paths officially bought from the Japanese eshop) does not work since it's not actually on the cartridge but on the SD? Or will the patch still work for this DLC? (can always access it outside of HBL in Japanese of course, since I'm playing on a Japanese 3DS)

Also, do I understand correctly that the SE version of the game contains both Hoshido and Nohr paths on the actual physical cartridge, while the IK path still needs to be unlocked as a free download and is still treated as DLC and therefore, not compatible with the 3.0 patch?

I'm not sure about HANS (I don't keep up with homebrew related news), but the temporary patch will only work for the Hoshidan path.

For the JPN SE version, you're right where you get both Hoshido and Nohr paths, but IK is considered DLC and will need you to tinker around with it before you can patch it.

could I get some technical support?

I patched the .3ds and hit "build CIA". I deleted the JPN version I had already and installed said .CIA. I tried to boot it but it kept saying "please redownload from e-shop". I restarted the system, and its icon was gone. I went to DevMenu, but it was still installed. I deleted & reinstalled, the Icon is still gone. However, I can successfully boot it from DevMenu, but it will crash if I hit the home button.

What did I do wrong?

Assuming you're on the latest version of CFW, I'm thinking that you have a bad build of the .CIA, so rebuild it and see how that goes.

Assuming you're on the latest version of CFW, I'm thinking that you have a bad build of the .CIA, so rebuild it and see how that goes.

I did, and got the same results; it installs, no icon on home menu but I can boot from DevMenu.

I'm using the latest release of cakes and am on 10.8, if that matters. could it be the XORPads? I have the right ncchinfo/slotkey.bin.

Also, when I boot JKSaveManager the "Fire Emblem" in 'Fire Emblem If" is just jumbled text.

EDIT: I forcibly injected my eng save, and it's telling me I don't have ANY of the three paths LOL. apparently I fucked up somewhere.

Edited by raahaahaa

I did, and got the same results; it installs, no icon on home menu but I can boot from DevMenu.

I'm using the latest release of cakes and am on 10.8, if that matters. could it be the XORPads? I have the right ncchinfo/slotkey.bin.

Also, when I boot JKSaveManager the "Fire Emblem" in 'Fire Emblem If" is just jumbled text.

EDIT: I forcibly injected my eng save, and it's telling me I don't have ANY of the three paths LOL. apparently I fucked up somewhere.

Xorpads are generated from the ncchinfo.bin so I'm sure it's not that.

But maybe it's because you don't have region free (since CakesFW afaik doesn't have that).

So if you don't have region free, get FMP or use NTR.

Xorpads are generated from the ncchinfo.bin so I'm sure it's not that.

But maybe it's because you don't have region free (since CakesFW afaik doesn't have that).

So if you don't have region free, get FMP or use NTR.

I switched to Luma3DS and voila! everything works. Thank you!

A small team update:

This Friday, I will be leaving Team If to focus on my studies and my job.

User Linkmstr will be taking my spot as one of the head administrators. Please message him if you have a question instead of me.

Hello dear Team If

I'm new in Serene Forest Forums and i'm french

Here my problem : I want desperately to play Fire emblem if with fan translation but see my new 3ds xl on latest firmware, i'm so out of luck...

Or i downgrade the firmware but...all this hard method put my brain K-.O

Or i'll buy a linker but...see you don't support piracy, i understand you

Good luck and i pray a HUGE success for you all and for the project

Edited by ADS04

A small team update:

This Friday, I will be leaving Team If to focus on my studies and my job.

User Linkmstr will be taking my spot as one of the head administrators. Please message him if you have a question instead of me.

Thanks for the work you've done and the help you've provided so far, and good luck.

i was told i should ask here about the supports translation is the supposedly controversial one translated how it should be yet.also on the restorations page there is a link to a fanslation patch is that the same as the one on this page and which of the patches on this page should i use if im using hans to patch the game.

Edited by jjiohnson1992

As of the time of this posting, I, former head administrator and translator for Team If, and Kalimizu, former head administrator and former head editor for Team If, have officially left Team If.

It was a pleasure working with this team, and I hope we can work again someday.

As of the time of this posting, I, former head administrator and translator for Team If, and Kalimizu, former head administrator and former head editor for Team If, have officially left Team If.

It was a pleasure working with this team, and I hope we can work again someday.

A couple of friends and myself were keeping track of the project, but none of us had an account.

Today I logged in to at least say thank you luyairis...

We still have our hopes up. We really expect to read the real support conversations in this game: the part that was most affected with localization.

Sad day today... but hey, we've here for almost a year. Let's wait a little longer

Hi, I'm new here and I'm very interested in this project but I'm a little confused if its still being worked on? I apologize if this is a stupid question but if some one could give me a answer I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

Hi, I'm new here and I'm very interested in this project but I'm a little confused if its still being worked on? I apologize if this is a stupid question but if some one could give me a answer I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

I've been asking that exact question in the restoration patch thread (there's some overlap in the teams of the two patches), most recently in this post.

Kind of trying to push for them admitting they've lost interest (no negative connotation intended - it's 100% understandable if that's the case) and open sourcing their progress so far, so that other parts of the community can finish what's left.

How do you install the Invisible Kingdom path on a North American 3DS? I have a Japanese copy of the Special Edition and it has the English patch. I have been searching for an answer for quite some time and it would be amazing if somebody tells me how to do it. Thank you very much.

My 3ds is on 10.5 and I wondered, do I have to downgrade it? Because I know that is possible but I'll have to buy cubic ninja and it seems very difficult... :(

I want to buy gateway, and I wondered if I use gateway and with that download a copy of the japanese game, then could I use this patch?

If I could do that, then the only problem is that I'm on 10.5 ... (I did update it once, but I guess there is no way to remove an earlier update)

I would really appreciate it if someone reacted! I really want to be able to play the patch, I loved fire emblem awakening and was really looking forward to playing fire emblem if, but in the US/europe version they have removed so many features, and there isn't even an option for japanese voices!

PS. If I have gateway, could I play the japanese game without having to buy a japanese 3ds? (without problems that I'm on 10.5?)

My 3ds is on 10.5 and I wondered, do I have to downgrade it? Because I know that is possible but I'll have to buy cubic ninja and it seems very difficult... :(

I want to buy gateway, and I wondered if I use gateway and with that download a copy of the japanese game, then could I use this patch?

If I could do that, then the only problem is that I'm on 10.5 ... (I did update it once, but I guess there is no way to remove an earlier update)

I would really appreciate it if someone reacted! I really want to be able to play the patch, I loved fire emblem awakening and was really looking forward to playing fire emblem if, but in the US/europe version they have removed so many features, and there isn't even an option for japanese voices!

PS. If I have gateway, could I play the japanese game without having to buy a japanese 3ds? (without problems that I'm on 10.5?)

If you're under 11.0 and have a physical copy you can easily use homebrew to patch the game through hans without downgrading. If your copy is digital you will need to downgrade to 9.2 and install a cfw. There are plenty of guides on doing that, but theres a deficit on good guides on how to patch your digital copy once you've got your cfw running.

My account here is new as well but I'm someone who's been keeping an eye on this thread and the restoration patch one for some time now and I felt I just had to comment.

First off obviously thank you to every and anyone involved with this for all the work that's been done so far. I absolutely on principal refuse to play the mess that NoA put out there even for free so this project means a lot to a fan.

Second however is a suggestion. I haven't seen this mentioned anywhere (and I'm to lazy to search) but if it makes things easier, I'm perfectly happy with just a plain old text file of the support conversations. It sounds like the hard and time consuming part is actually implementing the translations into the game itself. If that's the case I have no problem having to refer to some document on the side and just matching up dialogue boxes with the file. It probably saves the translation team some time and effort and it should make some of the more impatient or ungrateful fans here happy by at least having something to refer to.

Again apologies if this has already been suggested or considered, I'm just hoping it's a way to make some people happy and avoid any more drama similar to what I saw when the original team called it quits.