[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the patch files, just go to the rom -> m -> C directory and replace the file that's already there with this new one.

So we need to place the Cryus fix file & the latest FE If patch folder by Team If (contains everything we have) into the v3.0 FE if's Patch folder, and go ahead and rebuild the game with the provided Patcher? Or do we have to rebuild the Fire Emblem If rom (Birthright, Conquest, Special Edition) ourselves?

Will that patch the Invisible Kingdom DLC files correctly?

EDIT:

Actually need to extract your Fire Emblem IF DLC (that contains IK), patch the files in & rebuild the DLC file.

Edited by geddanof

Hey, What program do you guys use to open the 7z with everything from team if? My mac is doing bad stuff. It creates 336 files of zero KB size which is most likely incorrect. Do you just use windows 7zip?

Really sorry to intrude with a stupid question. I did download the patch for Conquest and Birthright, but I have no idea the status of Invisible Kingdom or if a translation patch even exists in the first place. Can you tell me what you know?

Also, my Japanese is intermediate enough to play the game raw and translate for my own personal use, but I am kind of reluctant to volunteer myself into this translation project... if you could tell me how it works, I could consider helping. Thank you!

Ok. I've had a question for quite some time and I just remembered I wanted to ask it here.

I've not bought FE Fates because of what they did with the game. But soon I'm going to start an intensive Japanese course in Japan, so I might be able to play the original game.

So what I want to know is that if I can update my 3DS to the most current firmware and still use the region free patch. I'm currently using the 10.3.0-28E firmware.

And would the region free patch also allow me to buy and play Japanese DLCs? And playing online? Would I be able to play my region's (European) games both offline and online without any problems too? If I recall correctly, new games force you to update your firmware, so that's also why I'm asking the first question in the first place.

Thank you in advance :Roy:

Really sorry to intrude with a stupid question. I did download the patch for Conquest and Birthright, but I have no idea the status of Invisible Kingdom or if a translation patch even exists in the first place. Can you tell me what you know?

Also, my Japanese is intermediate enough to play the game raw and translate for my own personal use, but I am kind of reluctant to volunteer myself into this translation project... if you could tell me how it works, I could consider helping. Thank you!

Invisible Kingdom is already translated in patch 3.0, although as others have pointed out, there's an error in our translation of chapter 14 that causes the game to crash. There's a fix for that on page 103.

As far as helping with translation goes, just hit me up with a PM and we can talk in more detail about it :):

I'm honestly just wondering, but since a lot of the supports are translated (I'm thinking of this list), couldn't you guys use that instead of re-translating them from scratch?

We actually are using that list as a resource for our supports. The problem with many of these translations, however, is that they don't always stick closely to the original text and often include mistakes. While they help us get the supports done faster, we still need to check each translation for accuracy, which takes time.

Ok. I've had a question for quite some time and I just remembered I wanted to ask it here.

I've not bought FE Fates because of what they did with the game. But soon I'm going to start an intensive Japanese course in Japan, so I might be able to play the original game.

So what I want to know is that if I can update my 3DS to the most current firmware and still use the region free patch. I'm currently using the 10.3.0-28E firmware.

And would the region free patch also allow me to buy and play Japanese DLCs? And playing online? Would I be able to play my region's (European) games both offline and online without any problems too? If I recall correctly, new games force you to update your firmware, so that's also why I'm asking the first question in the first place.

Thank you in advance :Roy:

Don't update your firmware! It's possible to use the patch with just access to the Homebrew Launcher, but I recommend downgrading your firmware and setting up CFW. Take a look at the guide linked in the OP for more information.

Unfortunately, you can only buy DLC for the region you bought your 3DS. There are ways to get the Japanese DLC, but without a Japanese 3DS, you'd need a CFW to do so.

Edited by ShadySheikah

Soo since I'll need that "CFW" to get the Japanese DLCs, I suppose I should definitely downgrade my firmware. But my other question was: will I be able to play online? Not only Fates, but I'm also worried of not being able to play online with my other games for the console. And as I said, I believe that Nintendo forces you to upgrade your firmware to be able to play new games. And I want to play the new Pokemon, for example.

The way your CFW will work is, that you will have your downgraded normal Firmware and your secondary "Custom firmware" (CFW). You have to keep your main Firmware at 9.8, but you can do everything online as long as your CFW is updated to the newest version and you use your CFW for that.

NEVER upgrade your main Firmware (that, after downgrading, should be 9.8) to anything higher. Use your CFW thereafter for everything.

Also, just as a tip, before updating your CFW to a version after 11.0 (which it will ask you to eventually when a new update is created by nintendo), make sure that it is safe to update by searching online first.

Also, before you Downgrade, do you have a new 3ds or an old 3ds? A new 3ds has a small random chance to hard brick on you. (As in, Your firmware is entirely corrupted and I don't know right now if a hardmod could even save it anymore) Downgrading a new 3ds is quite risky and I would not recommend it.

• 4 weeks later...

Also, before you Downgrade, do you have a new 3ds or an old 3ds? A new 3ds has a small random chance to hard brick on you. (As in, Your firmware is entirely corrupted and I don't know right now if a hardmod could even save it anymore) Downgrading a new 3ds is quite risky and I would not recommend it.

Please refrain from spreading misinformation. It is most certainly NOT "quite risky" to downgrade a new 3ds. I've done it twice, set up arm9loaderhax on both of them with zero issues. In fact, it can be argued that merely setting up emuNAND (not CFW btw, it's emuNAND) is a fairly large risk to newcomers to the 3ds scene, as you always need to make sure you're on emuNAND before doing a variety of things, one of which is updating, something which you must avoid doing on sysNAND at all costs or your 3DS is finished in terms of hacking unless you are capable of hard-modding (yes, this works because of a new method of downgrading that was discovered for even 11.0) or you have another hacked 3DS. emuNAND is also pretty inconvenient, with unreliable boot rates, requiring GBA VC games to be installed or injected twice to both sysNAND and emuNAND, wasting space on your SD card (redNAND is a little better, but not by too much), and having to go through homebrew launcher for everything instead of being able to instantly boot to tools that you may need using a boot manager with a9lh, built-in or otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm using my old 3DS to use braindump (i buyed Fire emblem If...Fates japanesse) but i'm lost because

I see "Fire Emblem If - Fan Translation Patch (Rom Patcher Version)" but i'm not using rom and Fire Emblem If - Final Patch Release (contains everything we have)'s link's dead

i learn all i need is A hex editor like HxD,Romfs Builder and Romfs Extractor...but how i can to ?!

Ps : my Old 3DS firmware is 10.3.0-28E

Edited by ADS04

Sorry for the dead link. You can download the patch release from this alternate link here. Regarding how to use it, please refer to EldinTokuro's guide to using the patch with HANS. It's written for the restoration patch, but the process is identical.

Since it's been a while, I'll give you guys an update on our latest progress:

• Live2D lines are almost done! All of the females have been translated, and only a few males remain. Once those are done, it shouldn't take more than a few days to edit and proofread them.
  • My Castle lines are progressing, but for the time being, we're leaving them on the back burner to focus on supports.
  • Speaking of supports, we're giving our full attention to the first generation of characters. Female-female supports are almost done, male-female supports (the majority of supports) are about halfway finished, and male-male are progressing at a slow-but-steady pace.
  • After first-generation supports are complete, we'll start working on the child supports right away.

Sorry it's taking so long for a new release! We want at least the first-generation supports to be finished before we release something new, and we're doing everything we can to get it out to you guys as quickly as possible. Thanks to everyone for sticking around for so long!

And as a reminder, if you'd like to join the team and lend a hand, just shoot me a PM! We're always open to extra help, and if you're proficient in Japanese or have a firm grasp of English grammar, we'd love to have you. :D:

Sorry for the dead link. You can download the patch release from this alternate link here. Regarding how to use it, please refer to EldinTokuro's guide to using the patch with HANS. It's written for the restoration patch, but the process is identical.

Thanks ShadySheikah^^

...see EldinTokuro's guide, it's looking difficult to understand about six digit hex name,if it's showed by image/screenshot,that can be easy but...I will risk to not understand...

Since it's been a while, I'll give you guys an update on our latest progress:

• Live2D lines are almost done! All of the females have been translated, and only a few males remain. Once those are done, it shouldn't take more than a few days to edit and proofread them.
  • My Castle lines are progressing, but for the time being, we're leaving them on the back burner to focus on supports.
  • Speaking of supports, we're giving our full attention to the first generation of characters. Female-female supports are almost done, male-female supports (the majority of supports) are about halfway finished, and male-male are progressing at a slow-but-steady pace.
  • After first-generation supports are complete, we'll start working on the child supports right away.

Sorry it's taking so long for a new release! We want at least the first-generation supports to be finished before we release something new, and we're doing everything we can to get it out to you guys as quickly as possible. Thanks to everyone for sticking around for so long!

And as a reminder, if you'd like to join the team and lend a hand, just shoot me a PM! We're always open to extra help, and if you're proficient in Japanese or have a firm grasp of English grammar, we'd love to have you. :D:

well good to see you guys are still here i have not been here in months

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

New release incoming!

We know it's been a while since the last patch release, and we're sorry about that. But that's going to change really soon, because...

The new patch is dropping on November 30 December 7! (See post down below)

Over the last several months, we've been hard at work adding support, Skinship, and My Castle Lines, as well as revising the story chapters to fix mistakes and give them an extra layer of polish. We're not there just yet; we haven't started on the child supports, and we still have a good chunk of first-generation support files to go. That said, we believe there's enough new and improved content to warrant a new release.

Here's what's going to be in the new patch:

• Revised story text for all three storylines, with reported errors and other mistakes fixed and sentence flow overall improved.
  • All Skinship lines for every character translated. Skinship lines without accompanied text aren't able to be translated at the moment, unfortunately.
  • Translations for roughly half the first-generation supports. All female/female, over half the male/female, and only a few of the male/male supports are currently complete.
  • Translations for 50% of the My Castle lines. Important and substantial lines are complete, while more generic shop-related dialogue is not.

We're going to be changing up our distribution method, too.

We realize it's been more than seven months since the last release. That's not going to happen anymore. Starting with this upcoming patch, we're going to place our releases on GitHub and update the repository with the most recent translations on a monthly basis. We'll still assemble a complete release package every few months, but for those who want files as soon as they're ready, they'll be there for you to download and use. We'll make use of GitHub's Wiki feature to provide detailed installation instructions, and we invite you to use the issue tracker for any mistakes you may find in the text.

When the new patch hits on the 30th 7th, we'll start a new thread with all the information and links to the GitHub repository and release. Unfortunately, we can't update the current thread's OP anymore, now that Cellenseres is no longer an active member of the team. I'll update this post with the link when the thread is made, as well.

Also, our team welcomes anyone looking to lend a hand. If you'd like to help out, please don't hesitate to send me a PM. All you need is a firm grasp of the English language. If you can translate Japanese to English, even better!

Finally, a huge thank you to everyone who has stuck around for so long. We couldn't keep going without your support! If you have any questions or comments about the upcoming patch, please let us know.

Edit: New thread is live! Continue discussion here.

Edited by ShadySheikah

Hey guys. Deepest apologies, but we're going to have to push back the release a week. We weren't expecting Thanksgiving weekend to hit us as hard as it did, and there's still a lot of last-minute polish that needs to get done.

We're shooting for December 7, now. I'll edit my last post to clear up any confusion. To make up for the delay, I'll post some screenshots of the new content later this week.

Hey, just want to let you guys know that we're on-track to release this Wednesday for sure. We're working right now on getting everything wrapped up and ready to go for the new patch.

With the release of the patch this Wednesday, progress will be as follows:

• All story chapters (Hoshido, Nohr, Invisible Kingdom) at 100%
  • Skinship lines for every character at 100% (subtitles for text-less lines, like confessions isn't currently possible)
  • First-generation supports (excluding children) by gender:
    • Female/female supports at 100%
    • Male/female supports at 55%
    • Male/male supports at 37%
  • Second-generation supports at 4%.
  • My Castle and misc. lines at 45%

I also promised a few screenshots of some of the new content. Starting with a minor cosmetic change, we decided to drop the official "Fates" logo and go with our own version of the "If" logo instead.

[spoiler=New Logo]

ab2P0BP.jpgyasxkHu.jpg

Some of the Skinship lines were done before we took over, but here's a look at some of the new supports we've done recently.

[spoiler=Skinship]

5lUm2Hv.jpgDr5svSt.jpg

Last, but not least, we have a few screens of the new supports we've been working on

[spoiler=Supports - potential story spoilers ahead]

DrAVEQH.pngCJ4eV2F.png

Edit: Patch release isn't quite live yet, but the new thread and GitHub page are! Head over here to continue discussion: http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=67613

Edited by ShadySheikah