[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick question, do you need a Japanese NNID to purchase DLC, through the homebrew? Also, if you're using a Japanese 3DS, I'm guessing you still need to install homebrew?

Homebrew is required for HANS. If you want the DLC via HANS, the only way you'll be able to do it is yes, if you have a Japanese 3DS + NNID.

May i ask, how do i exactly buy IK with a FE:If copy?, assuming you have either a JP/EUR console, it doesn't seem possible to access Eshop from the 3DS, so the only real way to do it is by using a JP 3DS (with Eshop naturally) or changing the region of your 3DS by modifying the Emunand, which is, a bothering thing to do, mmh, i haven't researched HANS at all, but maybe, there is a way to insert IK into Fates Cartridge with the latter method, that's just a conjecture though.

May i ask, how do i exactly buy IK with a FE:If copy?, assuming you have either a JP/EUR console, it doesn't seem possible to access Eshop from the 3DS, so the only real way to do it is by using a JP 3DS (with Eshop naturally) or changing the region of your 3DS by modifying the Emunand, which is, a bothering thing to do, mmh, i haven't researched HANS at all, but maybe, there is a way to insert IK into Fates Cartridge with the latter method, that's just a conjecture though.

Iirc you need an actual physical cartridge so you can dump the game. That said, plenty of sites to import from. And for IK, you'll still have to buy it from the eShop either ways.

Edited by luyairis

Iirc you need an actual physical cartridge so you can dump the game. That said, plenty of sites to import from. And for IK, you'll still have to buy it from the eShop either ways.

luys' right. You need a physical copy of the game to dump the game and patch it. Otherwise your only other option is Emunand.

Ok guys Made the video Sorry if I tend to ramble :p BUT It's gonna be up on my channel, Link, Cellen or anyone else that would like to embed it in the op for use by anyone else because I suck at forums and embedding videos isent my strong suit..(see earlier post) SO it will be here

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHJkij9Ov4dygaL_Gh5VcoA

Watch it there throw it up on here doesnt matter to me, Just trying to help before I'm dead to the world with work. I did wanna say youll need to download a few things in order to do this, I dont have time to grab the links they're fairly easy to find with google I do name and show you the files needed in the video so yeah. Hope it helps! It should be up in about an hour :D

Quick Question regarding a link to a tool that I may have found but just hesitant to download due to computer recognizing the issue. The Hex editor you used was HxD yes? Where about would you find the link you used to obtain it?

And I may have goofed despite just beginning. I figured I'd need to have obtained the dlc through eshop so I could have the second page of save files to be able to keep my files from wiping. So with most recent update (today) how boned am I? [10.2-028]

Edited by Tasya

Quick Question regarding a link to a tool that I may have found but just hesitant to download due to computer recognizing the issue. The Hex editor you used was HxD yes? Where about would you find the link you used to obtain it?

And I may have goofed despite just beginning. I figured I'd need to have obtained the dlc through eshop so I could have the second page of save files to be able to keep my files from wiping. So with most recent update (today) how boned am I? [10.2-028]

Lol. Well, the HxD editor is quite easy to find cant go wrong with CNet http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Editor/3000-2352_4-10891068.html

Now as for the other part to be frank I feel like you're boned but I'm still unsure,I believe It should still work so long as you have a perma way to get into the homebrew channel like Ironhax or Smashhax or something. I know quite a few hax were blacklisted and can no longer be used though. Jw do you happen to have a Japanese 3DS That would explain how you obtained the DLC through the eShop at least.

You should still be able to use hans, but will be locked out of emuNand and custom firmwares so you won't be able to get any new DLC without updating again and potentially losing that, too.

For the record, you don't need DLC to keep your saves, either- there are multiple save file backup utilities out there already that can do this for you instead. And if you were to set up emuNand, you'd be able to update that to the latest version anyway and buy the DLC normally from there, without losing access to any *hax.

So with the special edition of IF you get all 3 paths in one, but you have to download IK from the eShop?

You get IK from the main menu somewhere (forgot where but it's there).

With the Special Edition, you do get all 3 paths, but you still have to download IK.

You get IK from the main menu somewhere (forgot where but it's there).

With the Special Edition, you do get all 3 paths, but you still have to download IK.

Odd. It wont let me get it withjout connecting to the internet...which I cannot do lol. Oh well. I dont wanna play it if I cant understand it 100% anyway. Bits and pieces arent all that fun.

Lol. Well, the HxD editor is quite easy to find cant go wrong with CNet http://download.cnet.com/HxD-Hex-Editor/3000-2352_4-10891068.html

Now as for the other part to be frank I feel like you're boned but I'm still unsure,I believe It should still work so long as you have a perma way to get into the homebrew channel like Ironhax or Smashhax or something. I know quite a few hax were blacklisted and can no longer be used though. Jw do you happen to have a Japanese 3DS That would explain how you obtained the DLC through the eShop at least.

Ya I just got the Japanese 3DS today

Edit: Okay so I was at the right link, but I was just scared because my computer keeps recognizing it as a Trojan. I'll make an exception then.

You should still be able to use hans, but will be locked out of emuNand and custom firmwares so you won't be able to get any new DLC without updating again and potentially losing that, too.

For the record, you don't need DLC to keep your saves, either- there are multiple save file backup utilities out there already that can do this for you instead. And if you were to set up emuNand, you'd be able to update that to the latest version anyway and buy the DLC normally from there, without losing access to any *hax.

Okay and is the emuNand and custom firmwares required to make the patch work? That's pretty much the only real goal I have here since the bells and whistles of themes and the likes aren't really my thing to begin with.
Ahhhhhhh I should have done more research before actually trying the process. First time rom/hack/editor or whatever this process is called. The terminology is just as foreign to me as Moon Runes are lol.
Edited by Tasya

Odd. It wont let me get it withjout connecting to the internet...which I cannot do lol. Oh well. I dont wanna play it if I cant understand it 100% anyway. Bits and pieces arent all that fun.

Yeah because you need to download IK. It doesn't come preinstalled. So when you go download it, you need jap eshop access.

Okay and is the emuNand and custom firmwares required to make the patch work? That's pretty much the only real goal I have here since the bells and whistles of themes and the likes aren't really my thing to begin with.

Ahhhhhhh I should have done more research before actually trying the process. First time rom/hack/editor or whatever this process is called. The terminology is just as foreign to me as Moon Runes are lol.

You can use HANS to get the patch working, which requires homebrew. Edited by thedude28