[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

To all those who have submitted mistakes in the Error Log, Forum, or otherwise:

Please add your name to the following link below. Your name will be recorded as a contributor to this project.

Note: We are still undecided as to how we will add our own credits. It's likely that we actually won't add any of our own names to the rom.

Credit Log

(This is an honor-bound system. We are not going to check if you have actually helped or not, but we could if necessary.)

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just want to confirm 2 things for others, as when I mentioned it before people said no, but it is in fact 100% true:

• All Three Versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation) are all on the single SE game cartridge for the NA version.
  • Yes, SE owners get to play Revelations three weeks prior to launch on eShop, it's not DLC and you don't get a code to redeem

This (I think) would facilitate patching the NA version for all 3 routes as IK/Revelation is not completely relegated to DLC only, which is a bigger PITA to do.

Edited by nowiColada

Here and here and here and here just to name a few

Relevant text they all share:

All Three Versions of Fire Emblem: Fates (Birthright, Conquest, Revelation*) on a Single Cartrige**

• *Allows purchasers to play Revelations three weeks prior to launch on eshop
  • **Only way to get all Three Versions on a Single Cartridge

Edit: And the stock image used to advertise it everywhere also says the same thing. "Complete Fire Emblem Fates Edition: Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation on a single game card"

Edited by nowiColada

Here and here and here and here just to name a few

Relevant text they all share:

Edit: And the stock image used to advertise it everywhere also says the same thing. "Complete Fire Emblem Fates Edition: Birthright, Conquest, and Revelation on a single game card"

This recurring picture was never shown in the Direct. It could very well have been Photoshopped and spread like butter thanks to the massive hype. Where all those sellers got that picture from is what I really want to know.

Even though the Direct verbally states that all three versions are included, there was no mention of the word ''cartridge''. Not sure if some sort of Japanese Direct said something alike, but what Japan got was a download code due for Revelation's release to download for free as we all know.

Personally, I'd wait before I grip my SEs or that another, irrefutable proof pops up before believing that Revelation is indeed preinstalled on cartridge and we get to actually play it before everyone else.

Edited by ItzMeeMario

That reddit post cites one of your other links as a source, so it doesn't count (because if the other is wrong, it is too). As for the store text, "allows purchasers to play Revelations three weeks prior to launch on eShop" doesn't necessarily mean it's on the cart- it could just be an early-access download (sort of like the NES games included with the Ambassador program). And in the Best Buy link you gave, it says:

What's Included

• Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright, Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest
  • 80-page artbook
  • Nintendo 3DS XL carrying pouch

with no mention of Revelation. When sellers give conflicting information, it's always a sign that they don't know everything and shouldn't be taken as perfect sources.

Furthermore, none of that is new, those preorder pages have said that since Nov.12th- if it was cut-and-dried for that long, it shouldn't still be as vague as it is. So while it sounds like all three are on one cartridge, no download needed, that's not quite good enough to say it is for sure. What I'd really like to see is something like a Direct, or at least an official Tweet saying that no download will be needed to play Revelation with the SE. And since that's not likely to happen, we'll just have to wait for launch and see what happens.

Edited by Czar_Yoshi

It's just like the Jap SE you'll get to play Revelations before everyone else because it comes pre loaded on the card itself and unlocks at a certain point. Anyone whos proficient in data mining can confirm this to be true.

EDIT: I personally cant wait to patch the English SE with this glorious patch and STILL be able to play with all my buds. Feelsgoodman.

(mod edit: merging your double post)

Edited by ghast

And in the Best Buy link you gave, it says: <snip>

No, it clearly says "Play through Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, as well as the Revelation path on a single game card with Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition" right on the front page of the bestbuy ad. Pretending to interpret what's written in a different way, or denying it, just because you can, when it also clearly does not state the required "Comes with a redeemable code for xyz DLC" clause like every other pre-order bonus game in existence is required to do, doesn't make sense.

This recurring picture was never shown in the Direct. It could very well have been Photoshopped and spread like butter thanks to the massive hype. Where all those sellers got that picture from is what I really want to know.

Even though the Direct verbally states that all three versions are included, there was no mention of the word ''cartridge''. Not sure if some sort of Japanese Direct said something alike, but what Japan got was a download code due for Revelation's release to download for free as we all know.

Personally, I'd wait before I grip my SEs or that another, irrefutable proof pops up before believing that Revelation is indeed preinstalled on cartridge and we get to actually play it before everyone else.

So because they don't show it in a direct means they can't use anything else as marketing material they give directly to retailers? I'd also like to know what precedent you think was ever set where any game, pre-order/special edition or 3ds or whatever, does not specifically state "Comes with a redeemable code to download xyz DLC" or "Comes pre-installed", like every pre-order dlc bonus does, but does comes with one of those anyway.

Edited by nowiColada

No, it clearly says "Play through Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright and Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest, as well as the Revelation path on a single game card with Fire Emblem Fates - Special Edition" right on the front page of the bestbuy ad too.

Can we just drop this topic and worry about it where it should be, this is not the forum to be debating about this.

It's just like the Jap SE you'll get to play Revelations before everyone else because it comes pre loaded on the card itself and unlocks at a certain point. Anyone whos proficient in data mining can confirm this to be true.

The JP SE doesn't have it already on the cart. If it did, it wouldn't be any harder to patch than the other two routes.

Hello, I have a question, and I do apologize if it has been asked before or this is the wrong place for it... but let's say I install the patch/game to an SD card on one system that's capable of running CFW and the like. Would it be possible for me to transfer the game/data to another SD Card/System and still have it work? Basically, I have to use my old 3DS to patch the game but I'd like to play it on my new 3DS (my new 3DS has already been updated too far for me to do any homebrew-style fiddling). I'm not sure if doing a standard system transfer or what have you would get the game over in its patched state. Also, does anyone know if Streetpass works with the patch?

Hello, I have a question, and I do apologize if it has been asked before or this is the wrong place for it... but let's say I install the patch/game to an SD card on one system that's capable of running CFW and the like. Would it be possible for me to transfer the game/data to another SD Card/System and still have it work? Basically, I have to use my old 3DS to patch the game but I'd like to play it on my new 3DS (my new 3DS has already been updated too far for me to do any homebrew-style fiddling). I'm not sure if doing a standard system transfer or what have you would get the game over in its patched state. Also, does anyone know if Streetpass works with the patch?

1. No, the game shouldn't work.

2. It does.

With dual audio not present in the English release, I put my faith in thee, translators... Through your work may we experience the game as it was truly meant to be.

Or not? The more I see the livestream, the less awful the localization seems. Hmm...

Well, the name change reversion patch will still be appreciated! I'd still like to keep the original Japanese names...

Edited by XaosLogos

News Roundup to try to whittle down potential speculation:

-To all the debate about all routes being on a single cartridge for the SE, here's a screenshot from the Polygon stream who did the unboxing for the SE earlier today: http://i.imgur.com/7bndXcI.png

-The replacement to petting was also seen later in the video (1:57:57) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi7Wtu8A-y0&feature=youtu.be&t=7077

-No Japanese voices (0:15:27 - 0:16:19) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi7Wtu8A-y0&feature=youtu.be&t=927

Good News:

-Any changes for IK should be easier to do for Hans users who have the SE

Bad News:

-Unless dual audio is a post-release free/paid DLC, no JP voices without a patch

-Petting should be harder to implement now that something actually replaced it, rather than the menu option for it just disappearing

Seems like a lot would have to happen to get this game fully patched. Granted I'd only want a few things patched personally (jp audio, potentially petting) but it looks like this project could potentially get too complex for a pick-and-choose approach to happen, not that I know anything about 3ds coding. And that's not even considering there'd still be patchwork to do for non-SE copies.

Edited by J-Star

Since it is confirmed that NA version won't include Dual audio option, I do hope that the team could do a Amie restoration + Undub(JP voice). However with the petting mini game altered rather than locked or removed entirely, restoring petting game might be a challenge to do.

Several things:

1. One of our coders who made the patcher (SciresM) has said he will modify the patcher to also be compatible with the NA versions. This includes all 3 versions, and the patcher will automatically setexr wbat version you're using, which clears J-Star's problem.

2. Like mentioned, it's known the Live2D assets are still in the NA Fates. Thus, Amie restoration SHOULD be relatively easier, as it's likely the Amie assets were kept in the game to prevent breaking it. If not, reworking Amie into the game is something we'll attempt at, but with no guarantees. (After all, we have access to the JP coding.)

3. Dual Audio is slightly misleading, it should be interpreted as "Undub." We can't restore the option of dual audio, but we likely can change the library files with the Japanese voices.

4. There will be multiple patches released in each combination possible. This means if you only want one thing and not the other, it should work.

5. Restoring the Fates text into If is a qestion of law too. We can't and won't distribute copyrighted content.

Stay tuned as we figure it out!

Edited by luyairis

Dual audio: I didn't watch the stream, is it actually confirmed to not be there, or was there just no option to switch in the place where it was in Awakening?

No visible option to switch anywhere http://i.imgur.com/TswImet.png

I put timestamp for it in an earlier post on this page if you want to see in more detail. Do you think they might've kept the audio on the cart and just removed the option from the menu?

Assuming it's gone, putting the audio back on the cart isn't an issue- the problem is modifying a menu to make it switchable. Besides, dual audio isn't controversial at all- if they had the option at one point, there would be no point to removing it.

...I don't suppose it's the kind of thing that could be unlocked by beating the game?