[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Game is good so far with my current method however I seem to have issues with any online stuff and amiibos etc.

Should I stay using Pasta on my N3DS 9.0.0-20E installing directly to the console using FBI (Does not appear on the Nintendo menu so I have to run it inside FBI) or change to something else that may/will work?

I have the Fire Emblem IF Special Edition (Payed AU $260 making my wallet :cry: ) and it does not have the 3rd route available running through FBI in the patched game.

Edited by Bakinpacman

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Game is good so far with my current method however I seem to have issues with any online stuff and amiibos etc.

Should I stay using Pasta on my N3DS 9.0.0-20E installing directly to the console using FBI (Does not appear on the Nintendo menu so I have to run it inside FBI) or change to something else that may/will work?

I have the Fire Emblem IF Special Edition (Payed AU $260 making my wallet :cry: ) and it does not have the 3rd route available running through FBI in the patched game.

If I recall, the amiibo feature isn't enabled until firmware 9.3, which is a problem since you'll be unable to use the patch and any of the custom firmware if you update past 9.2.

The best you can do currently is to install a emuNAND and update the firmware of the emuNAND to 9.5 (currently the highest available for emuNAND on New 3DS's).

For online, you may have to spoof eshop? i'm not sure, though I don't think the firmware version should affect online, it might, can't confirm as I haven't encountered any online problems.

You may have to download the 3rd route first to your NNID in-order to access it legitimately, otherwise you'd probably have to find the cia file for the DLC's.

Edited by Xanek

dumb question but how many chapters are there in total in this game? including different paths.... if there are different paths? l'm a total noob regarding this game.

There are two retail paths (the Special Edition contains both) and one DLC path. There are 28 storyline chapters for each path. Excluding Chapter 0/the prologue, the first six are shared between all three. In total, 72.

There are two retail paths (the Special Edition contains both) and one DLC path. There are 28 storyline chapters for each path. Excluding Chapter 0/the prologue, the first six are shared between all three. In total, 72.

thank you for the info! now i know how far the translation is currently right now and how much is left to be done. Thanks!

Yes it should, as long as you have a way to spoof the eshop, I used a eshop spoofer that I installed on my JP N3DS and was still able to access the eshop, and I did buy the DLC and it has stored on my JP NNID.

Unless you have a 3DS that is 4.5~9.2 firmware (probably a bit higher on new 3ds, still maxes out at 9.2) you will NOT BE ABLE to run the patch, but if you do get a 3ds with that correct firmware you should be good to go, just need to install custom firmware, whether it be Pastacfw + NTR_CFW or a emuNAND with a cia installed, you should be able to run it, though it won't work with the actual physical cart of the game in the 3ds and running it from the actual cart.

Idk about the eshop version, no clue on anything about that, only know that currently the cia version is the only way to run the patch.

The best that the physical cart can do for you currently in this translation to play it is for you to dump the game into a .3ds and using the patcher to patch the game, which you still need 4.5~9.2 firmware.

That's all well and good, but that doesn't answer my question at all. My question was, and still is; will I be able to download the other path as dlc, and patch that as well? Or will I have to buy the entire other game?

I don't even know what this "e shop version" or the "cia version" that you keep mentioning is. Again, it'll probably work just fine, but I just wanted to ask just to be 100% sure.

I did not order a Japanese 3DS because I was told that the patch would work fine on any 3DS, so long as the version is below 9.2.

That's all well and good, but that doesn't answer my question at all. My question was, and still is; will I be able to download the other path as dlc, and patch that as well? Or will I have to buy the entire other game?

I don't even know what this "e shop version" or the "cia version" that you keep mentioning is. Again, it'll probably work just fine, but I just wanted to ask just to be 100% sure.

I did not order a Japanese 3DS because I was told that the patch would work fine on any 3DS, so long as the version is below 9.2.

The DLC will not work if you're using a non-JPN 3DS/EmuNAND. However, if you do have a JPN 3DS or JPN EmuNAND, you can use the DLC. Edited by Linkmstr

The DLC will not work if you're using a non-JPN 3DS/EmuNAND. However, if you do have a JPN 3DS or JPN EmuNAND, you can use the DLC.

I'm pretty sure you can use free Patcher to buy it in game

The DLC will not work if you're using a non-JPN 3DS/EmuNAND. However, if you do have a JPN 3DS or JPN EmuNAND, you can use the DLC.

Wow, wasn't expecting that! Why did no one tell me this while I was asking around for requirements? >.< It's fine, It'll most likely take me quite a while to beat Conquest, so i'll probably have enough to get Birthright by the time i'm done with it, right? (At least, that's what I'm telling myself so I don't freak out.)

Anyway, thank you for letting me know. :c

Edited by Ben_413

Wow, wasn't expecting that! Why did no one tell me this while I was asking around for requirements? >.< It's fine, It'll most likely take me quite a while to beat Conquest, so i'll probably have enough to get Birthright by the time i'm done with it, right? (At least, that's what I'm telling myself so I don't freak out.)

To clarify you need Free multi patcher

To clarify you need Free multi patcher

I'm sorry, what? I don't understand. What do I need a multipatcher for? Also, what IS a multipatcher? I have so many questions. >.<

EDIT: I tried googling it, I couldn't find anything. I genuinely don't know what your talking about.

Edited by Ben_413

I've got all 3 routes working for me without the use of a Japanese 3ds but I'm using Gateway, with the .cia of the dlc so I'm not sure how to help you. Sorry. :/

I've got all 3 routes working for me without the use of a Japanese 3ds but I'm using Gateway, with the .cia of the dlc so I'm not sure how to help you. Sorry. :/

I also ordered a Gateway! Does that mean there's hope for me, still? :D

:KnollRoll:

Edited by Ben_413

Yep, if you're using a Gateway, you shouldn't have a problem! You might need to set up the emunand as Japanese to buy the routes via eshop, I'm not sure, but it'll definitely work one way or another.

Edited by Kitsunin

Yep, if you're using a Gateway, you shouldn't have a problem! You might need to set up the emunand as Japanese to buy the routes via eshop, I'm not sure, but it'll definitely work one way or another.

Thank you so much! :D

:KnollRoll:

You could have used CFW for free. You can create EmuNAND for free and you can convert EmuNAND region to JPN for free. No need for Gateway, but that's your choice.

Again, your 3DS needs to be on firmware 9.2 or below to use CFW and/or Gateway.

Edited by Linkmstr

dlc confirm working on gateway without needing a japanese 3ds or japanese emunand. btw no point worrying about dlc right now anyways because it's either gunna be awhile to translate it or not translated at all because i believe it's harder to decript/ find a way to modify it to be able to translate it.

Some errors/cutoffs.

In general

• Yes / no confirmations are still in japanese, some death dialogue is translated, some aren't.

Chapter 1

• I think something broke... when Elise hugs you and you spin around.. you don't spin. you're just standing there idle while Elise magically rotates around you lol.

Chapter 2

• whenever Elise comments on Leon using weak magic, shouldn't it be "Leon's nice!" instead of "Leon, nice!"?

Chapter 3

• Gunther talks about the infinite chasm and the task they been assigned with, and there is no space in the sentence: "We have no other option but to crossthe Infinite Chasm."
  • When Elise comments about Camilla's fighting, "When Sister is on the battlefield..." shouldn't the s in sister be lowercase?

Chapter 5

• During the cutscene with Aqua, should it not be a comma instead of a period in the sentence "But she loves me. And so does" ? Since I feel like And shouldn't be capitalized/the beginning of a sentence, since I was taught in school that you don't really begin sentences with But or And, though I guess you can't really make a exception for this sentence to not be begin with a But.
  • Same with when Takumi first talks to you.
  • Too many space's when Kamui says "Eh? No, it' s not like that..." same with when Ryouma talks about the mysterious figure, "If we want to win this battle, we need Kamui... Kamui' s dragon powers..."
  • Another instance of too many spaces is after Aqua mentions the divine dragon blood, kamui says "Eh? Divine Dragon's blood..." , too many spaces after Eh?

Chapter 6 (Hoshido) [bunch of cut off lines]

• "That Hoshido town, all of those innocent peo" people gets cut off in this sentence, could be moved to the next line
  • Same with "That Father thought I was part of the famil" the y in family gets cut-off
  • "But if it weren't for my mother's intervention" The n at the end of intervention barely is cut off.

also why is father capitalized in the previous mention above while mother is not? I feel like there should be some consistency.

• "That sword our "Father" gave me? It would h" this line gets cut off, can't make out what was even tried to be said here.
  • "If I was truly a part of your family, like you s" ... "then he wouldn't have committed such terrib"
  • "If you decide to put an end to his madness," something at the end of this sentence is cut off, as you can barely see 2 dots of a letter that was suppose to be there. "alongside the Hoshidans so we can end it to" i'd assume it would say "end it together."
  • "Silence... it behooves me to even THINK tha"
  • "If you've truly sided with the Hoshido Kingdo"
  • "whatever those insipid Hoshidans did to you" ,this sentence could just as well end there, i'm assuming the part of a word/punctuation cut off is the period.
  • "He'll have to come back if there aren't any le"

When Felicia rejoins you, why does she call the Infinite Chasm the Endless Valley?

No problems with Chapter 6 Nohr though.. lol, guess the Hoshido side, they wanted to talk a lot.

Also there seems to be a good amount of dialogue that continues on a different line after a comma, which looks unnatural, is what we currently have the best way to represent the dialogue or no? Or is it to be in-line with the way the Japanese text would appear?

Like for example, end of chapter 3 during the conversation with Mikoto

But you've grown, haven't
 you, Kamui?

There's a lot of dialogue that is formatted like that.

Edited by Xanek

Yep! but are you using an old 3ds or a new one? (if it's an old one, then I could definitely help you, but if it's a new one then I'm not sure)

It's a old 3DS xl. It is indeed below 9.2.

You could have used CFW for free. You can create EmuNAND for free and you can convert EmuNAND region to JPN for free. No need for Gateway, but that's your choice.

Again, your 3DS needs to be on firmware 9.2 or below to use CFW and/or Gateway.

Oh, I didn't even need to buy a gateway? ._. It's a bit too late to go back now, I already ordered it.

EDIT: Omg! I double posted, didn't I? I'm sorry. It won't happen again!

Edited by Ben_413