[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Managed to use hans with the sky3DS+ anyways. Either I got lucky because despite being on firmware 10.5 it appears to work. No crashes yet.

That's still HANS/homebrew doing the work. Sky3DS doesn't support modified roms by itself.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is odd. After downloading the english patch then extracting ROMFS and putting the English into it the English special edition. I don't know if it actually worked. I then added an UNDUB patch which made everythign japanese, but THAT worked. The weirder thing is....

I downloaded and did the same thing to the japanese special edition, curious on what it would do, and I notice that it ryoma is spelled Ryouma, and Xander is Marx (which did not happen when i applied it into the english version)

Does this mean it actually does NOT work for the already released English version?

Edit: I later found out that the two files are organized differently. After putting all the right files where they should be, I believe I finally got it working.

Edited by KuroKairaku

This patch is for the JP version. There's a different patch for the NA version. If putting this patch in the NA version works at all, there'll probably be a lot of weirdness lurking in random corners- just use the patch that's meant for the game you have.

This patch is for the JP version. There's a different patch for the NA version. If putting this patch in the NA version works at all, there'll probably be a lot of weirdness lurking in random corners- just use the patch that's meant for the game you have.

It works to a degree, but I did find on the world map its ????????????????? all that, but then again all text works fine. AS for the NA version, are you sure theres even one out? They only offer atleast here, a patch for the japanese one. There is a thread for content restoration, but theres litterally nothing avaiable for it, only swimsuits. However I found on a completely different site Undubs v3 for USA, and Using the swimsuit restoration.

If you can , PM me the link to this NA patch for the fan script, I would love to use it.

It works to a degree, but I did find on the world map its ????????????????? all that, but then again all text works fine. AS for the NA version, are you sure theres even one out? They only offer atleast here, a patch for the japanese one. There is a thread for content restoration, but theres litterally nothing avaiable for it, only swimsuits. However I found on a completely different site Undubs v3 for USA, and Using the swimsuit restoration.

If you can , PM me the link to this NA patch for the fan script, I would love to use it.

The reason you can't find a fan script for the NA version is cause we haven't released one, lol. That's a topic you can read about in the OP of the restoration thread.

The reason you can't find a fan script for the NA version is cause we haven't released one, lol. That's a topic you can read about in the OP of the restoration thread.

Well that's a disappointment. (I don't mean that in a way like "fuck why haven't you made it yet" since I know how hard stuff like this can be)

So I have two choices. Either I can go for the more true to what their saying script, but then have my saves have no tittles and what not, have the over-world menu not chapter descriptions and minor issues that mostly places random ? or ) in sentences. And this is only in the beginning of the game. Who knows what I may come across. Though at least the names and dialogue actually makes sense for its Japanese centric theme, especially for the hoshidian side.

Or I can just go with the English game that had a support dialogue of nothing but (...), had a "pickle" saga and even made some guy a wacky "bro" of some sorts. I mean I guess the wacky-ness is funny but.....

Hard choice honestly... I was hoping that my solution of combining the two romfs would help, Where it simply replaces the NA script with the English one, and anything that was NOT translated, gets translated by the original English script, which is all right as I don't have to go through random support in japanese. I guess i wasn't as smart as I thought I was.

Edited by KuroKairaku

Are you sure it even changed the regular script in the NA version when you put the JP patch in? You said the names didn't change, so I'm going to hazard a guess that nothing else did either.

Are you sure it even changed the regular script in the NA version when you put the JP patch in? You said the names didn't change, so I'm going to hazard a guess that nothing else did either.

I don't understand how you got that, I'll edit my previous post to avoid this confusion once I find out where the mistake is.

I'm sure it worked. I spent like a day working on it after figuring out the structure where different. Now that I'm receiving slightly different dialog (trust me I compared) and that my Yato is called Yatogami which is a good Xander is named Marx as well.

Edit, if this is about my post 2 post back where I found out nothing changed. That was before I discovered my mistake. I got it working now (evident not only by the changed names, but the constant ??????? and ? and / in dialog) only be stopped by what is mostly a minor annoyance, and the developer and perfectionist inside me wanting to fix the problem. I sometimes wish I knew a bit about hacking my self, then I'd just replace the script myself the longer way, file by file that contains only dialog. Concidering how bored I am. XD

Edited by KuroKairaku

I downloaded and did the same thing to the japanese special edition, curious on what it would do, and I notice that it ryoma is spelled Ryouma, and Xander is Marx (which did not happen when i applied it into the english version)

It's this one. They're Xander and Ryoma in the NA version, if the patch was changing anything they'd show up like they do in the JP version.

If you want to mess around with it, you're welcome to. But the NA version is almost done, and will probably finish long before you have something you're happy with. No random ?s either.

It's this one. They're Xander and Ryoma in the NA version, if the patch was changing anything they'd show up like they do in the JP version.

If you want to mess around with it, you're welcome to. But the NA version is almost done, and will probably finish long before you have something you're happy with. No random ?s either.

Almost done? I hope your definition of that word is as I think it is. Nontheless, uplifting all the same.

Anyways, I edited the post too...(if you look at the bottom of it) It was suppose to be an observation I made noticing it did NOT work. I later found out of how the files are ordered differently... then I got it working, to a degree. Anyways for now the only thign I have working is the undub and swimsuits.... my Avatar sounds alot more sexy and mature in the japanese voice acting.

Edited by KuroKairaku

It's playable, but there are lots of errors like text skips caused by lack of testing. The Hoshido/Nohr paths have a lot of people playing them and giving feedback because they're a lot easier to patch, but very few people have IK.

That said, if you play it anyway, definitely report any bugs you find.

glad to hear progress is being made on JP patch, im slowly playing it but not having all the supports and going out on the internet to find them is a bit hecktic :P

Yep I am happy that there is a fan translation project on this. I am now spending my free time learning Japanese....so that I can happily play the Jap game and one day import Jap 3DS and say goodbye to the localization. In Europe the game just announced and out in May lol the waiting is too long.

Yep I am happy that there is a fan translation project on this. I am now spending my free time learning Japanese....so that I can happily play the Jap game and one day import Jap 3DS and say goodbye to the localization. In Europe the game just announced and out in May lol the waiting is too long.

If you have Homebrew, you can play the translation on any region of 3ds, just without any online functionality. And since there's a patch, you won't really need to know Japanese to play the JP version, all you need is a copy of the game (either region) and a 3ds with Homebrew installed.

Man, there seems to be quite a few typos in Conquest. I can't even really keep track of how many there are, or where they appear at this point.

i kinda wanna fix them myself lol

If you read the OP, there's a giant section on reporting errors.

Then they'll fix it for next patch.

i kinda wanna fix them myself lol

Actually might not be as hard as you think.

You can download the Fire Emblem Archive Tool and, if you're up to the task of deciphering which patch file contains which exact data, you can go in, unpack the patch files to a text file, edit them yourself, and repack them.

I use it to make some minor edits around my patch that are very much not the proper translation but which I find amusing, like changing Odin's name to something that better reflects my opinion of him, and Pieri to Fieri.