[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

WHOOPS! Asked that the wrong way. What I meant to ask is if the online multiplayer for the English patch would be able to interact with US or EU copies.

The normal JAP game does but I don't even know if the patch supports multiplayer if it does you should be good.

No because the games are region locked. If you have the JPN version, you can only play with JPN copies, and vice versa.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I should buy All DLC then patch?

What you should do most probably is get a 3ds specialized for hacking. Download all the dlc's then downgrade your system so you can get hombrew and patch the game. You should have all the dlc. If you can't download it you can always get a the english version and download the dlc's and install them on the japanese version.

What you should do most probably is get a 3ds specialized for hacking. Download all the dlc's then downgrade your system so you can get hombrew and patch the game. You should have all the dlc. If you can't download it you can always get a the english version and download the dlc's and install them on the japanese version.

I don't think getting the English DLC would work with the JPN version unless you patch the English DLC to do so..

I don't think getting the English DLC would work with the JPN version unless you patch the English DLC to do so..

The dlc are files that work in Fire Emblem fates if they do not work it might be because of the region lock. Maybe by deleting some of the code or files that are locking the content you can make it compatible. This is only an option for good hackers. The safer route is just downloading the Japanese DLC in the eshop using the japanese game then patching it later.

Edited by Nero Sinclair

The dlc are files that work in Fire Emblem fates if they do not work it might be because of the region lock. Maybe by deleting some of the code or files that are locking the content you can make it compatible. This is only an option for good hackers. The safer route is just downloading the Japanese DLC in the eshop using the japanese game then patching it later.

I'm pretty sure that it is because of the region lock. And if you did want to delete some of the code/files, you'd need to recompile the DLC again, which is practically the same thing as patching it.

Yo, question about the actual translation and names.

I never actually rebuilt the CIA for the patch for IK... so is it "Touma"? Or "Valla"? Because the thought of "Touma" with "Nohr" and "Hoshido" instead of their Japanese names is again... bothering the crap out of me.

I can buy the DLC without upgrading my Firmware right?

Yup. Homebrew even lets you access the eshop on a lower firmware. Though also, we don't support piracy, so you'd better buy it. :P

Yo, question about the actual translation and names.

I never actually rebuilt the CIA for the patch for IK... so is it "Touma"? Or "Valla"? Because the thought of "Touma" with "Nohr" and "Hoshido" instead of their Japanese names is again... bothering the crap out of me.

It's referred to as Invisible Kingdom most of the time in the files.

Can I buy The DLC without homebrew then? I thought patching with homebrew didn't support the DLC.

If you have the translation patch on the Japanese version, you can't buy the DLC unless you have a Japanese 3DS or a CFW on Japanese emunand, and even then you can't easily patch the DLC.

And yeah the homebrew (non-CFW) patching methods don't currently support loading DLC. So for the full experience with the patch you'll need either CFW or the American special edition since it has Invisible Kingdom included on the card.

However, Smea says he's working on a version of Hans (the homebrew patching tool) that supports loading updates/DLC files too, so it may just be a matter of waiting.

Edited by powermad80

So I can do it with A Japanese 3DS and CFW then?

Well yes, but getting a Japanese 3DS with CFW (unless you already live in Japan) can be pricey. Any 3DS with CFW will work just fine, it's more of a "Japanese 3DS or CFW" situation really. You can't buy the DLC for the Japanese version unless you have a Japanese 3DS, or you have CFW and can just change your region to Japanese.

I need CFW to patch the game though right? And If I have a Japanese 3DS and buy the DLC before I Patch the game the patched game will recognize my DLC?

You need CFW or Homebrew to patch the game.

And the game would recognize it because they're the same region.

I need CFW to patch the game though right? And If I have a Japanese 3DS and buy the DLC before I Patch the game the patched game will recognize my DLC?

Not necessarily. There are a few different scenarios.

You need CFW to patch the game if you don't have a Japanese 3DS, or if you want the DLC and don't have the American special edition.

Standard homebrew can patch the base game, whichever card you have. DLC cannot be patched by homebrew-only means yet, but development is working to fix that. Success isn't guaranteed, but Smea always finds a way to work some wizardry and get it working.

So right at this moment if you want to play all 3 routes patched, you need either the American special edition or CFW. A Japanese 3DS will allow you to buy the DLC for the Japanese version, but you will not be able to patch the DLC yet.

Edited by powermad80

So basically I need CFW and a 3DS below 9.3?

Either that or the American special edition game card. Or you can wait for homebrew patching to support DLC and updates.

CFW requires firmware 9.2 or lower, but downgrade tools work through the latest firmware currently.

I don't think you can use this patch with

the american special edition

I'm talking about the delocalization patch that's also a thing and works with the American releases.

This thread's patch specific to the Japanese version, yeah.

Damn, really? That bites. I wish the spoof for the game would allow for cross-region play.

It's not a spoof, it's a patch. This does not allow you to access the JPN eShop if you were on another region, or allow for cross-play in any form.