[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will buying a Japanese Special Edition and then English Patching it allow it to be played on my English 3DS?

And will doing so cause any of the Wi-fi/Spotpass functions to be unavailable?

Also, will I need to also patch the menu patch from the other thread in order to make it fully English or does this patch include the menu one?

Edited by Victory3114

Will there be anything stopping me from DLC in terms of firmware on a Jap 3DS?

Your actual ability to decrypt and patch the DLC is all that would stop you. Seeing as you don't seem to know how to do it, it's highly inadvisable to try until you've attained a higher level of hacking.

Will buying a Japanese Special Edition and then English Patching it allow it to be played on my English 3DS?

And will doing so cause any of the Wi-fi/Spotpass functions to be unavailable?

Also, will I need to also patch the menu patch from the other thread in order to make it fully English or does this patch include the menu one?

No. The English patch only changes the text into the game. It does not affect any region functions, so you'll need a Japanese 3DS, or EmuNAND region-changed 3DS, or etc....

Wifi/Spotpass becomes unavailable if you're patching using HANS.

What menu patch from the other thread? This is the English fan-patch thread. The restoration patch is for Fates only, and it doesn't have anything to do with the menus.

Ok good and I need a Jap region SysNAND right?

CFW uses EmuNand only.

If you don't know what's going on here, and need to ask more questions, then you should probably just stick with HANS which can work on any 3DS and does not require any CFW.

Edited by thedude28

I understand the guide also touched on DLC without A Japanese emunand

Unless you're able to decrypt the DLC, change the files, build a custom cia and reencrypt, all of which takes an advanced hacker to do (which you clearly are not), don't even bother with it. The only real way to patch the DLC at the moment is via a custom cia.

I just wanted to say thank you for your hard work. I've heard translating RPGs can be especially hard due to how text heavy they are, and I imagine Fire Emblems with all their flavor text and support conversations, not to mention the three main stories of this particular set of games, are no different.

Unless you're able to decrypt the DLC, change the files, build a custom cia and reencrypt, all of which takes an advanced hacker to do (which you clearly are not), don't even bother with it. The only real way to patch the DLC at the moment is via a custom cia.

Ok I think I'll just follow the CFW guide then but dumb question how do I actually buy from the eshop without a firmware upgrade?

Edited by Namethatisused

Ok I think I'll just follow the CFW guide then but dumb question how do I actually buy from the eshop without a firmware upgrade?

I'll recommend this again, since you have no idea what's going on, you should stick with using HANS and not CFW. HANS is very noob friendly and will not break your 3DS, whereas getting CFW does pose some risks and should be attempted by those who have some idea of what they're doing.

The CFW guide assumes you have a basic understanding of 3DS hacking, and hasn't been updated in a while.

If you are going to follow CFW, then you can just buy from the eShop straight up (assuming you have a JPN emunand).

I've already told you before that CFW uses EmuNAND, and that can be updated to the latest version with no worries, so you can easily access the eShop with no problem.

If you aren't going to follow CFW, then you can't access the eShop at all. This is because Nintendo blocked out all users with firmwares <10.3 so that they cannot access the eShop at all.

I'll recommend this again, since you have no idea what's going on, you should stick with using HANS and not CFW. HANS is very noob friendly and will not break your 3DS, whereas getting CFW does pose some risks and should be attempted by those who have some idea of what they're doing.

The CFW guide assumes you have a basic understanding of 3DS hacking, and hasn't been updated in a while.

If you are going to follow CFW, then you can just buy from the eShop straight up (assuming you have a JPN emunand).

I've already told you before that CFW uses EmuNAND, and that can be updated to the latest version with no worries, so you can easily access the eShop with no problem.

If you aren't going to follow CFW, then you can't access the eShop at all. This is because Nintendo blocked out all users with firmwares <10.3 so that they cannot access the eShop at all.

Thank you I think I should be able to do this now

Sky3ds can't run modified ROMs.

You also need to generate Xorpads if you want to patch it.

Unless you mean it can work with HANs.

Do we help them, Jun? Because Sky3ds pretty much only runs pirated ROMS.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Hello I am Brazilian and I have a new3ds and use sky3ds and homebrew to play Fire Emblem IF.
How do I translate? Already download all the files requested in this topic.

Sky3ds can't run modified ROMs.

You also need to generate Xorpads if you want to patch it.

Unless you mean it can work with HANs.

Do we help them, Jun? Because Sky3ds pretty much only runs pirated ROMS.

Doesn't matter, they can't play the translation anyways. No need to help except saying it won't work.

Doesn't matter, they can't play the translation anyways. No need to help except saying it won't work.

Well, I have the HANS in HomeBrew that ta in my Sky3ds +
but I did not understand the patching process, would have to put the Fire Emblem IF patched in Micro SD 3DS? There is a version already patched without I need to patch? And where I can this Xorpads have to buy?

Well, I have the HANS in HomeBrew that ta in my Sky3ds +
but I did not understand the patching process, would have to put the Fire Emblem IF patched in Micro SD 3DS? There is a version already patched without I need to patch? And where I can this Xorpads have to buy?

Assuming I read your English right, you don't need the patcher if you're not using a cfw. And the xorpads you have to generate yourself.

Assuming I read your English right, you don't need the patcher if you're not using a cfw. And the xorpads you have to generate yourself.

So if I use the HANS just put the Fire Emblem Patch on Micro SD 3DS?
What format HANS reads the games in the micro SD? cia, 3dz, 3ds?

HANS reads... the cartridge.

A physical cartridge.

It doesn't support piracy.

And from what I remember, it doesn't work with Sky3DS.

And you can't run patched ROMs on Sky3DS.

Edited by shadowofchaos