[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HANS reads... the cartridge.

A physical cartridge.

It doesn't support piracy.

And from what I remember, it doesn't work with Sky3DS.

And you can't run patched ROMs on Sky3DS.

So how do to run the game?
If you do not like the Sky3ds +?
the version of my N3DS is 10.7 not know if it will be different to that version.

i have a cia installer on 10.7 cause i downgraded to 9.2 then updated to 10.7. NASA and FBI both work.

You can't have a cia installer (that installs all cia, not just legit ones) on 9.3+ Sysnand.

Edited by thedude28

The only thing that would let you do that is getting your OTP for your system. I'm afraid he's screwed unless he downgrades and installs EmuNand or gets a legitimate cartridge to patch.

Sky3ds is absolutely useless for anything other than pirating 1:1 copy games.

Edited by shadowofchaos

The only thing that would let you do that is getting your OTP for your system. I'm afraid he's screwed unless he downgrades and installs EmuNand or gets a legitimate cartridge to patch.

Isn't the whole point of getting the OTP by downgrading to 2.1 to setup A9LH?

https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/47t6fy/info_thread_a9lh_installed_now_what/

I was just getting ready to downgrade and get my OTP but now I'm very confused about the whole thing...

I thought you could if you install A9LH before updating your sysNAND?

A9LH is used for booting into homebrew/CFW, there's no way you can install title managers if you're on 9.3+ Sysnand

Edited by thedude28

A9LH is used for booting into homebrew/CFW, there's no way you can install title managers if you're on 9.3+ Sysnand

The standard CFW used with A9LH is AuReiNand, which is made special for A9LH. You can use emunand if you want but a big feature of A9LH+AuReiNand is permanent sysnand CFW. Boots you into sysnand with both signature checks patched out and blocks any overwriting of certain native_firm partitions where the exploit hooks, so you can run a firmware update and A9LH persists, giving you latest sysnand CFW.

Edited by powermad80

The standard CFW used with A9LH is AuReiNand, which is made special for A9LH. You can use emunand if you want but a big feature of A9LH+AuReiNand is permanent sysnand CFW. Boots you into sysnand with both signature checks patched out and blocks any overwriting of certain native_firm partitions where the exploit hooks, so you can run a firmware update and A9LH persists, giving you latest sysnand CFW.

This is what I thought happened. Thank you for confirming this!

Quick question. So if you guys are able to hard write JP voices to the USA Version, can we do the same for using the USA cutscenes and skinships to add subtitles if adding subtitles to the JP version isn't possible? Or this that to technical to do?

Hey guys, I asked a week ago how the translation is coming along. I'm not trying to rush the project, I simply would like to know what is left to finish and where the project stands right now. Thank you for your support.

The actual project has been "transferred" over to the newer members, the more veteran members are all stopping as of now. That's just supports btw.

Quick question. So if you guys are able to hard write JP voices to the USA Version, can we do the same for using the USA cutscenes and skinships to add subtitles if adding subtitles to the JP version isn't possible? Or this that to technical to do?

It's possible. (We don't care about the NA version to do it though.)

The actual project has been "transferred" over to the newer members, the more veteran members are all stopping as of now. That's just supports btw.

It's possible. (We don't care about the NA version to do it though.)

The veteran members have stopped? Is this because the Story is finished?

*edit*{Nevermind before got it work] anyways what do you guys think is the best CFW to play Fe if with? I heard some methods offer the games dlc while others dont. Note gonna be using a physical se cart.

If you're using any CFW (except Gateway), then you'll be able to use DLC. You cannot play the game on the physical cart, but rather on your home menu (as if it was from the eshop).

If you're using Gateway, you'll be able to play the game in CFW, without the physical cart (because if you do play with the physical cart, you'd basically have to play it in HANS). However, you won't be able to play the translated DLC, as Gateway does not support it (though if you do want to play untranslated DLC, then that's perfectly fine).

If you're using HANS, which is not CFW, but a homebrew application, then you are allowed to use the physical copy, but you're not allowed to play/download the DLC nor online battles.

Edited by thedude28