[Team If] Fire Emblem If Fanslation (All chapters and paralogues done)

Cellenseres

Okkkk sick of the fighting so here's your breakdown:

Why don't we keep a change log? Because we don't want to. We don't see a point in doing so. Also cause no one would make their own estimates, we know that from past experience.

Why aren't we transparent? Because when we were, our work was sabotaged by a user named Adam Apple, and we also received a lot of shitty translations and whatnot. So we don't. We keep our work private.

If you want to implement the translations, please feel free to do so. We also do that. Why is it taking so long? Because there's around 1,100 damn supports.

And also, like we've mentioned before, pretty much all the members on the team are burned out, or occupied with life. Here's a breakdown:

BrunhildeKnight is about to enter college.

Iris works as a full-time interpreter in Tokyo, and has no time to contribute at the moment.

PotatoPower has a job, and spends his free time playing games.

KentoBento is a university student and has a job.

Orange is busy with his job.

Master of Memes is also a university student.

I'm also about to enter college and have my own preoccupations at the moment.

If anyone wants to argue that we don't have the right to spend our time the way we want to, then you can leave. If you think you can do it better, then please do. We're not an official team translating this, we're just a group of random netizens. And we really don't care, and would rather like it if someone else did it.

And in fact, the consensus will likely to be drop the remainder of this project and allow someone else to take our work. None of the translators (I myself included) see a point in continuing, because we don't care, and the fanbase doesn't either.

Edited by luyairis

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, you shouldn't concern yourself with this Immahnoob fellow. I've seen a user with the same username post on other forums being very disrespectful and mean to others. Don't let him get you down, he seems to just spread negativity and hostility wherever he goes. I've seen him do this before, this is just one very negative individual that fails to appreciate the realities of the work you are doing.

I very much appreciate what you guys have accomplished and what you're doing, if you ever get around to releasing an updated version with fixes and more errors that would be fantastic but if you have other things more important and it takes a while that's fine.

Edited by XaosLogos

Guys, you shouldn't concern yourself with this Immahnoob fellow. I've seen a user with the same username post on other forums being very disrespectful and mean to others. Don't let him get you down, he seems to just spread negativity and hostility wherever he goes. I've seen him do this before, this is just one very negative individual that fails to appreciate the realities of the work you are doing.

I very much appreciate what you guys have accomplished and what you're doing, if you ever get around to releasing an updated version with fixes and more errors that would be fantastic but if you have other things more important and it takes a while that's fine.

I don't like when people talk about me as if I'm not here. First of, my initial question was respectful enough, the comment with "People should believe in "Finish what you started" more" had to do with supposedly the team changing game (e.g. to Ace Attorney), obviously, I am fine with people having their lives and all, but I don't think you understand how "We'll finish this in X time." then saying "Ah, we changed game lol, this is no longer a supported project" sounds like when the whole thing is almost done, it surely doesn't sound like people are not having time here.

Also, who are you?

Anyway, the two guys from the team that answered, by transparency, I believe what the other dude meant is that you update us on what you're currently doing rather than show us the actual progress. "Total transparency" in that regard will have people stop "badgering" you because they don't even need to ask you anything anymore.

None of the translators (I myself included) see a point in continuing, because we don't care, and the fanbase doesn't either.

This is sad though. The fanbase does care and quite a lot I would say. There are a lot of people waiting for the translation since the whole controversy with the localization being what it is. If you don't, well then...

Edited by Immahnoob

And in fact, the consensus will likely to be drop the remainder of this project and allow someone else to take our work. None of the translators (I myself included) see a point in continuing, because we don't care, and the fanbase doesn't either.

I just didn´t understand this part. I believe most of the fanbase, especially here in the Forum, is anxious for the final release with supports. I, for example, got a copy of the game, but didn´t started it yet, just because I was waiting for the final patch.

I agree about keeping the project closed to avoid some "evil trolls" to mess with everything and I understand that everyone has his own priorities in life (I even believe that I could help with the translation, but I don´t dare to ask to join because I probably won´t have enough time right now).

I just hope that you don´t drop it completely, because it seems this team worries about keeping consistency and meaning to dialogues, instead of just throwing a Google Translator in everything like I´ve seen many "fantranslators" do. If someone else takes the project to finish the supports, I can only hope they have the same good will.

Why don't we keep a change log? Because we don't want to. We don't see a point in doing so. Also cause no one would make their own estimates, we know that from past experience.

Why aren't we transparent? Because when we were, our work was sabotaged by a user named Adam Apple, and we also received a lot of shitty translations and whatnot. So we don't. We keep our work private.

Well, as I said, you are absolutely welcome to do whatever you please. However, giving a response like "we're not going to tell you what we're doing" is exactly why you're getting pestered. The only possible reason you wouldn't want to show progress (dare I suggest it) is because you haven't made any progress.

As for transparency, that's not what I meant. What I meant is to show people exactly what you're doing, not let them modify your script.

Given the fact that this very thread is over 90 pages long, I would say that means people care about the project. As for dropping it, that's fully up to you. I will say that you could avoid a LOT of this by just throwing out weekly small updates. Even if it's only supports for a single character, at least you can say you made some progress that week.

Alternatively, simply dump the raw translated text on a pastebin, tell people which file it belongs in, and give a link to FEAT so people can add it themselves. I personally have done this for a lot of the supports using one of the various pastebins filled with translated supports.

Well, as I said, you are absolutely welcome to do whatever you please. However, giving a response like "we're not going to tell you what we're doing" is exactly why you're getting pestered. The only possible reason you wouldn't want to show progress (dare I suggest it) is because you haven't made any progress.

As for transparency, that's not what I meant. What I meant is to show people exactly what you're doing, not let them modify your script.

There actually is notable progress, but it was decided yesterday that we won't release it. We'll release the fixed up controversy supports. That's all. Everything else we've done will be kept for our use only.

Alternatively, simply dump the raw translated text on a pastebin, tell people which file it belongs in, and give a link to FEAT so people can add it themselves. I personally have done this for a lot of the supports using one of the various pastebins filled with translated supports.

People used to care about it, this project and thread was started back when Fates wasn't even released.

And to clarify, it was agreed between the translators and editors yesterday that all translation work will now cease.

Any support available online is easily findable via Google, as well as FEAT. Like mentioned above, any work we have done will be retained, minus several supports.

The remainder of the IK fixes will be applied over time.

--

I'd like to clarify right now that the original point of this project was only to translate the menus and make the game playable. Anything else beyond that was and is completely extra.

As of now, all translation work will be ceased. Whatever is left with Invisible Kingdom, we will likely fix it, and release the fixed files. If not, then that means we don't care anymore.

ruc

Why are we ending? Because we're all burned out and don't care anymore. We intend to keep our infrastructure private.

This does not mean restoration is dead. That is a separate project run by separate members of the team.

There actually is notable progress, but it was decided yesterday that we won't release it. We'll release the fixed up controversy supports. That's all. Everything else we've done will be kept for our use only.

Now that's just being plain mean...

Deciding not to release what you've done only makes it sound even more like you've actually done next to nothing.

Edited by Tomato Hentai

Deciding not to release what you've done only makes it sound even more like you've actually done next to nothing.

This.

While I thank you for the previous work, I find it quite distasteful to just let all the fans down, whatever your reasons are.

Don't get me wrong, everybody has shit at home and the stuff, but you just can't be considered a serious person if you drop a project that isn't 100% finished in order to move on to other game that is, by far, more difficult, technical and longer.

And please, don't just answer again with a "I am starting/at college", most people do and they still find time to continue with their tasks (heck, even I do, and I have to attend to college, japanese, fansub and work, man).

You can do it better than that, guys.

Now see, that right there is going to get you a lot of flak. I personally find that to be downright obnoxious, but ultimately it's your decision what you do with your progress. If you want to avoid a huge mess, I'd just throw whatever you've finished out to the public, along with any partially unfinished work and a "to-do" list. Of course, you could also just be yanking our chain out of pure spite, but whatever I suppose.

I am probably out of line here, but I will say the lot of you (not all of you, though) have been acting like complete drama queens in regard to this project. Again, you by no means owe anyone anything, but you were held to a certain standard due to claims you (as a team) made. Sure, as you said, the original project was for menus only. However, there are quotes from you and other team members saying that you would translate things such as all the supports. Saying such things means people expect such things, and to act like this now (completely childish with "HAHA WE HAVE STUFF WE'RE NEVER GIVING YOU NOW") only hurts whatever little goodwill you still had with people.

Regardless, I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Deal with it. We don't feel the need to justify ourselves. If you want to accuse us for dropping a project that we joined to work on in our own free time, then you should reconsider.

Also, most of the team didn't move onto the GAA team. Most of us are just stopping.

Btw, one thing you should understand: We don't care about the fans. We did this project for our own reasons.

if you want to continue this project, go ahead. Best of luck to you.

So you won't be giving what you've finished to the other team or the public for them to continue the project either?

Most of the unreleased work is just edits on existing scripts (a changelog is available in the Error Log in the OP). The exception is one DLC and several supports (non-important). The Saizou and Belka support is being polished by several editors and will be released, one way or another.

To think that a mini fight put the final nail in the coffin....
The least you guys can do is make one final release patch, but even if you don't want to release it then that's fine too, because I know we can't do anything to influence your decision.

People used to care about it, this project and thread was started back when Fates wasn't even released.

And to clarify, it was agreed between the translators and editors yesterday that all translation work will now cease.

I'm pretty sure I can speak for some people who stuck around from the very beginning (including myself) to say that this hurt a lot.

I'm not mad about this, because it's team's decision and I'll have to respect that.

I am really sad about this decision though, partially my fault for being so invested into waiting for a patch that everyone can be satisfied with.

Well, I guess that's that then.

Deal with it. We don't feel the need to justify ourselves. If you want to accuse us for dropping a project that we joined to work on in our own free time, then you should reconsider.

Also, most of the team didn't move onto the GAA team. Most of us are just stopping.

Btw, one thing you should understand: We don't care about the fans. We did this project for our own reasons.

I don't think anyone is acting hostile or upset due to you dropping the project really. I would presume it's more due to your rather unpleasant behavior and how you seem to find it amusing to withhold things. Either way, as you said, you have no need to justify your actions here, since you weren't being paid to do this.

However, I will warn you about saying that you're dropping the project and allowing others to continue it. Doing so, by US Law, means that you forfeit any credit to the project due to you officially marking the project as abandonware (since you have not filed for a copyright, nor can you due to the nature of the project). In other words, anyone else could pick it up, slap their names on it, and say they fully made this project on their own.

1. We never even put our own names on it so whatever.

2. We aren't a US-based group, and this is already on the gray side of the law anyways.

3. If someone else slaps their name on it who cares? Everyone knows we did it originally.

Also, we know who has been here since the beginning. PM me for several options. While we may be abandoning the project, I (as an administrator) am not opposed to transferring our library to several people we knows who know this project.

Yes, I didn't start pestering anyone until I was misinterpreted and had someone be hostile towards me for no reason. It's one thing having every right to start, stop, kill, whatever a project you're doing for free, it's another to act as if anyone asked for the impossible, being unnecessarily aggressive in the mean time.

I would have been fine with any type of answer if it wasn't so condescending.

I'm fine with you guys dropping the project, it's just that "we've done a lot of stuff but we're not releasing it" sounds both like an excuse and like you're teasing us. I, personally, would've kept quiet about not releasing portions of the translation. That's the only thing I have even a slight issue with.

We haven't done a lot of stuff. It's mostly just fixes and revisions. The real thing we're not releasing are custom builds (which have never been released to begin with.)

Also, we will be sending our files to someone who wishes to continue the project. You can get it there later. (This decision was made AFTER we decided to not release our files, thanks to some nice people online.)

Edited by mikuru

SE haven't done a lot of stuff. It's mostly just fixes and revisions. The real thing we're not releasing are custom builds (which have never been released to begin with.)

Also, we will be sending our files to someone who wishes to continue the project. You can get it there later.

So just for clarity. I understand that we'll be able to get the files and that if anyone is willing, they'll continue this project.

Are you giving this project specifically to another team that will continue this project though? Because I'm sure I've read that somewhere.

Hello! Just wanted to stop by once more to say thanks for all the work you guys did making the translation patch. Sad to see that work on it has ceased, but the initial patches helped me in the wait for the NA release. Appreciate all the work that has been put into the project.

Once again, great job and thank you very much!

Really? Then why tell us to boot. You're dangling a steak in front of some hungry dogs and only giving them the bone. If you're going to be like that, just say "We've only translated the 'controversial' supports, and they will be released", rather than saying "lol we're only giving you part of what a lot of you want."

Not to mention, it makes it seem more like you did next to nothing and are just saying it.

So we cannot hold you to your word? how are we supposed to believe you'll finish the restoration patches? Right now, for all we know you'll just say "We finished everything, but we don't care about you so we're keeping it all to ourselves. Deal with it, we don't even care."

Now, I know it's your project. You can do with it as you will. I may not seem like it, but I am very thankful for your work on the translation/restoration thus far, and I do hope you continue(more specifically, I hope you actually release it). Hell, I'll probably delete this post once I reconsider my point of view in an hour or so. What makes people mad, however, is when you say you're going to do something, only to later say you're not finishing it, and then only releasing part of what you made in the first place because "lol we just don't care." and saying it in a tone that suggests you are surprised by our response it just icing on the cake for me.

Edited by raahaahaa

Well, thanks for what you did translate so far.

If you really don't care, why not just release what you have made? I'm sure it would take all of a couple minutes to upload the files, probably less time than it takes to type out some of these responses.