Boss abuse problems

So I'm playing lunatic mode. I tried my best to not use lon'qu and fredrick for everything, but unfortunately i've come to the point where my other units are 5 or 4 so levels lower than the enemy units. I was abusing the dark rider boss on chapter 15 when something weird happened: After a while, i would hit him and get 0 exp. I tried this unpaired, paired, and with several units, but nothing worked. only got exp when I killed him. None of my units other than lon'qu and fredrick are master sealed, so I'm wondering if intelligent systems caught on to boss abuse and put some mechanic in to stop it.

regards,

--dimbenes

...however, you can get large amounts of exp for stave wielding units by killing all nearby enemies except for one, and have them wail on a unit whose weapon you took away. You can infinitely heal them until the enemy's weapon breaks and you'll get the same amount of exp every time.

I'm not sure if this trick is well known or not (it probably is and I'm just being an idiot D: ) but it's a decent way to grind for priests, clerics and troubadours in their awkward stages of not being able to attack.

Then have your dancer dance the healer, and if Olivia lvls up on a dance and gains HP, you can heal that 1 HP for s'more exp

...however, you can get large amounts of exp for stave wielding units by killing all nearby enemies except for one, and have them wail on a unit whose weapon you took away. You can infinitely heal them until the enemy's weapon breaks and you'll get the same amount of exp every time.

I'm not sure if this trick is well known or not (it probably is and I'm just being an idiot D: ) but it's a decent way to grind for priests, clerics and troubadours in their awkward stages of not being able to attack.

A better way is to just abuse Rescue staves over and over again. I mean, they're freaking E-Rank in this game and you can buy them a-plenty.

Edited by Ritisa