Things you did out of curiousity. (Odd Awakening stories I guess?)

Basically, share some odd things you did in a run out of curiosity or boredom.

Here's an example of something I did.

In My MaMU file, I desided I was going to marry Chrom to Olivia from the start. (Not too strange so far)

Then I thought to myself on Chapter 11's map "I wonder how may turns it would take to get Olivia to Max level by JUST DANCING for Chrom" So, like the time-wasting masochist I am; I found out. The answer is 228 turns. The map as a whole took 238. Gods it took about an hour just for all of the dancing.

A friend and I actually joked about all of this dancing for Chrom ("Special Dance" anyone?) being how Lucina was concieved and her just looking on absolutely flabbergasted from a forest or something.

Got to admit, the joking about it was most of the fun.

What sort of odd things have you done out of curiosity (or just for fun) in Awakening?

I once pitted an armless Chrom against an entire Risen encounter, for the sole purpose of training Lissa and Maribelle to level 10.

It's a lot harder to convince the enemy to target the non-healers than you think...

I put Maribelle in her Troubador class in the range of a mage and they only targeted Vaike due to his low resistance stat which allowed me to heal him constantly to level Maribelle up.

Here's how I grind the staff rank of my units if the situation presents itsself:

If there's a Risen encounter with an Anna merchant, I check the map to see if there's a 2 range enemy that can't double Anna and kill everything except for the aforementioned enemy and wait for it to come to Anna. I just let the enemy attack Anna until the enemy's weapon break and I keep healing her in the mean time.

Similar to LordTaco42, I did Priam's Paralouge using only Chrom, King Marth and Prince Marth, just to see if King Marth, when paired up with Prince Marth, could solo the whole map (I believe he had 2 brave swords and the Exalted Falchion, while prince had the regular Falchion. Chrom was just kinda hanging out on the bottom of the map.

He could do it on Normal. Ive yet to check hard or Lunatic (I kinda doubt he can do it alone on lunatic though). Sol OP.

Edit: Fixed spelling mistake

Edited by Sadisticorc

I was playing Rouges and Redeemers 3 for the first time in Lunatic mode and was able to fill most of the spots up with my main units and 4 rally bots, but there were 2 deployment spots left. I kinda have it as my creed that I will always do full deployment with very few exceptions for all playthroughs, so I picked my two "best" (they were good compared to everybody else, but very underleveled compared to my main group) units with A-support with each other: Sumia and Cynthia.

At most, I just expected Sumia and Cynthia to do some random rallying and weakening of the units so the others could go in for a kill, but they ended up killing a few weaker units, so I got a little more gutsy and had them move to the southwest corner of the map to help Morgan and Severa deal with the units down there. Cynthia and Sumia were in range of the flyers at the end, so I was going to rescue them with Lissa, but I accidentally rescued Morgan and Severa instead. I was freaking out because Cynthia (she was in front) had very little defense at that time and I didn't think Sumia would do a good job helping with the A-rank, but at the same time, I didn't want to reset then and there because for the first run, everything was going great and there were so many clutch moments, I didn't want to waste it. So I just ended the turn and prayed that Cynthia would survive the hack-forges, beast killer, brave lance, and the two legendaries from pretty much max-stat units. She did. Yeah sure, she escaped with like 13 HP, but the fact that she tanked (thank you Pavise!) and was able to kill one of her attackers with Sumia's help was absolutely amazing and I instantly respected both units 10x more.

And that's how Sumia and Cynthia became part of my Apotheosis team! And they absolutely wrecked dem fliers.

I changed all of the 1st generation ladies in my Army to the Bride Class, all of which were unmarried (save for Sully, someone had to marry Chrom), they all had an A support with Robin, and sent them out onto Rouges and redeemers 3, just to see who he would marry. The results were: He was able to get an S support with Lissa, Maribelle, Sumia and Cherche, as well as Panne dying. Poor Panne.

Getting every single unit every single skill they could possibly get in my main file.

Also currently doing a run where I get whatever skills someone needs, and then put them back into the class you recruit them with.

I changed all of the 1st generation ladies in my Army to the Bride Class, all of which were unmarried (save for Sully, someone had to marry Chrom), they all had an A support with Robin, and sent them out onto Rouges and redeemers 3, just to see who he would marry. The results were: He was able to get an S support with Lissa, Maribelle, Sumia and Cherche, as well as Panne dying. Poor Panne.

Poor Panne indeed. :C

But at least Robin now has a harem of pretty ladies?

This sounds way too funny. I might have to do this sometime.

Oooh, I also decided to set up a streetpass team on my original save file that consisted only of the Spotpass versions of past lords, and containing references to their original titles.

Though I accidentally deleted that save, I still have a few memories of it. For one, I had renamed numerous weapons to be similar to regalia that appeared in the games each lord came from, and I also forged numerous weapons to have similar stats to their appearances in a lords original game, regalia included.

~King Marth the Lodestar was using the Exalted Falchion, a Noble Rapier I forged and renamed Star Edge, and a Superior Sword. I tried to base him off of his Smash Bros appearance, so he had Counter, Astra, Swordfaire, Renewal, and Rightful King.

~Ike the Heo was also based off his Smash Bros appearance, so he came with Counter, Vantage (In lieu of his side-B attack), Aether, Gamble (mostly because I'm the one gambling if I actually use Ike in Smash 4), and Swordfaire. Wielding the Ragnell, an Armorslayer I renamed Alondite, and a Tomahawk I had forged for the Grima Chapter long beforehand.

~Roy was also based off his Smash appearance, but I didn't want to have repeat classes, so I made him a Grandmaster instead. I had Roy with Counter, Swordfaire, Astra, Ignis, and Aegis wielding an Alm's Blade renamed to SwordOfSeals, an Eliwood's Blade renamed Lion Rapier, and Valflame.

~Hector sticks out to me for some reason. As a General, he toted Pavise, Aegis, Vengeance, Axefaire, and HP+5 wielding the Armads, a Hector's Axe renamed Wolf Beil, and a Beastslayer renamed Horseslayer because it was called that in Rekka no Ken for some reason.

~Robin, as I named my avatar at the time, toted Pavise, Aegis, Ignis, Renewal, and Rally Spectrum, and wielded a Levin Sword, Thoron, Mercurius, and Mjolnir.

I plan to do this again with the female lords and a few other female characters I've taken note of at some point, but I've been lazy.

Edited by Xenomata

One time I named FeMu "the girls" and married her to Inigo for the lulz. =P I'm currently working on ORKOing HM Grima with Villager Donnel, just to see if it's possible.

I did a playthrough where I made Robin as close looking to Chrom as ppossible and named him Chrom.

It helps that male voice number 3 sounds just like Chrom.

I plan I doing something like this soon, then getting all the children with "Chrom" as their father.

If you don't mind, would you mind telling me what all the options you made to make him look like Chrom are? I'd assume just making his hair color blue and the face different is as close as you can get.

I trained everyone up to be the best that they could be after reading an fea confession on tumblr which confessed that somebody had trained up all of their units just so they could use those units against their weaker counterparts on streetpass.

I'm also doing a classic run through (MMU) right now and they only person I will reset for is Virion ... because Gael needs his bro, no excuses.

I once let a hillbilly borrow my copy of the game, and he went on about how Chrom and Lissa are the perfect couple and it's stupid that they can't marry.

;)

When I first got the game I mixed up the names of some of the characters, so I accidentally told others playing the game that "I S-Ranked Chrom and Lissa...no I mean Chrom and Lucina, no geeze, sorry, I mean Sully."

I have some odd stories about Awakening.

I actually send a unit in a skirmish without weapon once.

I was asking myself "does the game let you do this, trapping yourself in a map without the ability to complete it?" and the answer is YES.

During the chapter 5 of my first playthrough, I was thinking "Does the Back to TitleScreen command (L+R+Start) also exist in Awakening?"

Of course it exist and I had to reddo the chapter.

During Paralogue 1 of my first playthrough, I defeated all ennemy units using Donnel because I was scared he wouldn't have enough experiences to level up.

That's not a odd stories but a bad habit of mine. I always kill "ennemy" unit we can recruit first, then I restart the chapter and recruit them properly.

During the chapter 5 of my first playthrough, I was thinking "Does the Back to TitleScreen command (L+R+Start) also exist in Awakening?"

Of course it exist and I had to reddo the chapter.

Ouch.

Yeah. L+R+Start/Select soft resets games on 3DS systems. Use it for pokemon all the time while shiny hunting. It sucks that you had to experience that.