Questions about skills stacking

derekai

Hello! I am facing some questions about skills stacking, I'd love to know if these skills stacks, that helps a lot for my unit optimizing!

Asama's Passive & Counter

The Royals' "Allies nearby take/deal less/more damage" & Battle Command

Aqua's Passive & those "Allies nearby heal in the beginning of a turn"

Lazward's Passive & Strength/Speed Rally

Thats all I need to know atm, thanks very much!

I'll add a few questions to the list:

-Nyx's Curse Reflection skill and Counter/Magic Counter (primarily the latter)

Flora's Ice Blood, while listed incorrectly, reportedly has the following effect*:

"It activates against ranged attacks and deals back half the damage, not all of it. The part about it only working when she's not at full HP and reducing the enemy's Skill/Speed by 3 is still correct."

-So would her skill also stack with Magic Counter?

*I seem to recall someone on this board stating Ice Blood to have that effect as opposed to the one currently stated on the site.

Aqua's Passive & those "Allies nearby heal in the beginning of a turn"

Lazward's Passive & Strength/Speed Rally

1. Should, will check later today. Stacks.

2. Should, will check later today. Stacks.

3. For sure it stacks with Sun God.

4. Yes.

Here's a weird one, what happens when two Flamboyants meet? (since double sided)

+30% activation 60% Hit?

Or does only one activate [15/30]

I believe only one activates. This is hard to test ><

I'll add a few questions to the list:

-Nyx's Curse Reflection skill and Counter/Magic Counter (primarily the latter)

Flora's Ice Blood, while listed incorrectly, reportedly has the following effect*:

"It activates against ranged attacks and deals back half the damage, not all of it. The part about it only working when she's not at full HP and reducing the enemy's Skill/Speed by 3 is still correct."

-So would her skill also stack with Magic Counter?

*I seem to recall someone on this board stating Ice Blood to have that effect as opposed to the one currently stated on the site.

That description is correct, only half damage returned. For stacking with counters, it's the same conditions as Asama, so it should stack. Will test later today.

Also, there's a stickied thread for skill discussion/questions, you can ask there next time xD

Edited by Aidil

Here's a few more queries that I thought of:

-Do 'debuffing' skills such as Draconic Curse and the 'Seal' skills stack with each other, Asura's and Sophie's personal skills, and/or with the debuffs from Hidden Weapons?

-While this isn't solely 'skill' based, do staves that factor in Hit such as 'Misfortune and Sin' receive the +40 Hit boost from Raven Strike on the player phase (or the boosts from any other +Hit skills for that matter)?

Also, there's a stickied thread for skill discussion/questions, you can ask there next time xD

Thanks for the responses!

Also, I had posted there a couple times a while back, and it was kind of hit-or miss as to whether my questions were addressed.

Granted, it may have been that my post wasn't noticed, or a lack of available data at that time, but it was still disappointing...

Edited by Tactless Tactician

I try to answer as many questions as I can xD The two more questions you asked I did test before as well.

1. Debuffs targetting different stats stack, if two debuffs target the same stat, the larger debuff takes priority. Also, Draconic curse is considered to be separate debuffs for all stats. So if you combine Draconic Curse and Speed Seal, the target would get -6 speed but would still get -4 all other stats.

2. Hit rate modifying skills don't affect staffs and batons. Tested with Flamboyant, Perfectionist, Swordbreaker. Didn't test raven strike in particular but it should go under Flamboyant.

I try to answer as many questions as I can xD The two more questions you asked I did test before as well.

1. Debuffs targetting different stats stack, if two debuffs target the same stat, the larger debuff takes priority. Also, Draconic curse is considered to be separate debuffs for all stats. So if you combine Draconic Curse and Speed Seal, the target would get -6 speed but would still get -4 all other stats.

2. Hit rate modifying skills don't affect staffs and batons. Tested with Flamboyant, Perfectionist, Swordbreaker. Didn't test raven strike in particular but it should go under Flamboyant.

Thank you again! To follow up from your responses:

1. If debuffs to the same stat don't stack, that means that the effects of decent number of Hidden Weapons are tied with, or are surpassed in scope by, Draconic Curse with only a few specific Hidden Weapons providing stat debuffs of -5 or higher to a foe. Such examples I found are:

Expert Shuriken (A rank). Has 1 mt and 70 hit, a surprising lock to range-3, cannot double attack, and possesses the following debuffs:

[strength/Magic/Skill/Speed/Luck -2, Defence/Resistance -5]

Oboro (S rank). Has 11 mt and 95 hit, standard 1-2 range, cuts the use's Def/Res by 5, boosts the user and opponent's double-attack threshold by 5, and possesses the following debuffs:

[Strength/Magic/Defence/Resistance -6]

Spikes (B rank). Has 5 mt and 95 hit, locked to range-1, an as-yet-unlisted stat reduction post-battle, and the following debuffs:

[Speed/Defence/Resistance -8]

Kagerou's Dazzling-dart (D rank). Has 1 mt and 80 hit, has standard 1-2 range and the following debuffs:

[Skill -5, Defence/Resistance -3]

Mighty Kunai (A rank). Has 4 mt and 75 hit, has standard 1-2 range, grants 2 consecutive attacks when user initiates battle while halving strength for the next attack, and the following debuffs:

[strength/Magic/Skill/Speed/Luck -2, Defence/Resistance -5]

Deathbringer Kunai (C rank). Has 11 mt and 110 hit, has standard 1-2 range, reduces the user's HP by 30% after the battle, and grants the following debuffs:

[Luck -8, Defence/Resistance -5]

Also, both Kaze and Saizou have weapons that have a 2-tile 'aura' effect granting allies +4 Speed or Strength respectively (but their weapons' limited debuffs are all -4).

The only Hidden Weapons that have any notable advantage over Draconic Curse imo, are Oboro (but it's limited to Elite Ninja units) and Spikes (but they're limited by being 1-range locked)

With this in mind, I'd like to try a bow user with Draconic Curse, a 'Seal' skill or two, and Proximity Shot if the latter skill becomes available.

2. So to be clear, are the hit rates of those certain staves a flat percentage regardless of the hit/avoid skills on the part of either the user, or the target?

1. I only tested multiple skills, didn't test hidden weapons. Will have an answer for you later. Hidden weapons follows the same rules as skills.

2. They're still affected by hit/avoid given from stats, just not skills.

Got around to testing these two, and for both of them they do stack. Ice blood should stack with magic counter as well, given it's the same scenario as Asama's personal skill and counter. Can't test Flora though, I haven't found a Flora with magic counter yet.

Edited by Aidil

1. I only tested multiple skills, didn't test hidden weapons. Will have an answer for you later. Hidden weapons follows the same rules as skills.

2. They're still affected by hit/avoid given from stats, just not skills.

Got around to testing these two, and for both of them they do stack. Ice blood should stack with magic counter as well, given it's the same scenario as Asama's personal skill and counter. Can't test Flora though, I haven't found a Flora with magic counter yet.

So skill based debuffs and hidden weapon debuffs don't stack with eachother, correct?

Edited by TheWerdna

That description is correct, only half damage returned. For stacking with counters, it's the same conditions as Asama, so it should stack. Will test later today.

Thank you so much, finally someone confirms Ice Blood's effect. I myself noticed the discrepancy in the Japanese text a long time ago and asked around several times, but nobody ever answered.

I'm not sure if this was brought up already, but Ice Blood only works while being attacked, not when attacking(both the debuff and the counter).

Edit: I'd describe it to be: "When a non-adjacent enemy triggers battle and inflicts damage, if the user is not at full HP before receiving the damage, the enemy receives half the inflicted damage and enemy's skill and speed -3 after the battle."

Edited by Aidil

only works while being attacked, not when attacking(both the debuff and the counter).

Regarding the counter, is this an implied condition for all counter-type skills? I know it's true for the actual Counter skill, and presumably also Magic Counter. Well the only other one I can think of is Nyx's personal skill, since Asama can't exactly initiate an attack while unequipped. Oh I guess also Hinata's.

Btw I'm totally S-supporting Flora on my first Nohr playthrough, and choosing Oni as my secondary, you can probably see where this is going

Edited by Bovinian

A few questions about the functionality of the Ballistician DLC class.

I recall seeing that someone happened to hack in the class for a male Kamui.

But aside from the four movement, S-rank in bows, and the stat caps listed on the website, what is the class's effective range, and is there anything else notable about it?

i.e. Can it double attack, or proc skills (or activate passives such as Four Fangs or Snake Venom)?

Also:

1. Can the effect of 'Automatic Turret' be boosted by skill activation buffs such as Hoshido and Flamboyant? If it activates, is the unit still allowed another action? And if multiple enemies are in range, what determines who is attacked?

2. With regards to the 'Barrel Modification' skill: "When using the “Turret” command, Turret’s range +1 and inner/outer range -1", what does use of the turret command specifically entail?

Edited by Tactless Tactician

Singing and Rally are different commands, so you can only do either or on the same turn. Lazwald and Shigure's personal skills go under the rally command, so you can do their skill + rally at the same time. If you're considering Special Song bonus on top of a rallied unit, then yes they stack.

Also I can't answer the Ballistician questions because you can't get that class yet outside of hacking xD

Edited by Aidil

• 7 months later...

I would like to add a few question to the list if I may,

- Does Grisly Wound and Poison Strike stack?

Yes.

That is how they teach us lessons in Lunatic Conquest 17, 21 and 25.

Savage Blow, Saizo's personal and Hana's personal stack as well.

It will be a easier work to find what skills don't stack:

1. Larger debuffs replace smaller ones.

2. The personal skills of Peri, Kiragi and Hisame don't stack with the same buffs of Rally.

Edited by Tooru

I would like to add a few question to the list if I may,

i mean you did, but you mayn't, because it was necroposting

what the fuck mayn't is a word?