Hello,

this is my LP of FE4.

Here it begins. Hopefully you'll enjoy:

I apologize in advance, if some units are going to die, because I'm very VERY bad at this game.

[spoiler=Prolog part 1]

jFHrQ4h.png

Welcome to FE4 Genealogy of the Holy War.

It's the first time that I play this game and it's also my first blind LP of a regular FE game.

Since I'm enjoying FE5 a lot atm, I thought to start doing a LP of its prequel.

Since it's blind LP I know almost nothing about this game. I know that for example skills and marriages exist, but I don't know, how exactly these mechanics work.

I try to find it out as much as possisble by myself. However tips and hnits are always appreciated!

So let's start this:

cKxkxyg.pngpnH2l0S.png4ZBtg3W.pngmtxMChd.png

A rolling timeline - cool! Never have seen it in FE before.

Geography Judgral's

(I show it uncutted, because I need it to understand the entire story)

Grandbell

lx3JF7u.pngVSRpx2O.pngWBm6qmT.pngLgwP458.png2BRvJR1.pngA0kPAJe.pngKm1yG2e.pngOi5DwNJ.pngVCUCtxz.pngABxp3Hm.png6os8su4.pngcu8vdsl.png

Lots of douchfaces

MaFaoJA.pngi3NjSnX.pngA5PHI0w.png

I know this guy

0UuPsL9.pngaWCeosh.pngCaKjib8.png7MQKxGr.png

ycjodAD.pngWDVPBKm.pngdjwb7cd.pngCFB0tCO.pngusz4l7b.pngWeWthBb.pngZQaKmGH.png

Agustria

11jj74V.png

Verdane

VYYvNtl.png4KIQyKt.png

Current situation

kI02bki.pngiSqNkbz.pngWAjc8b4.png

I think I know, what they're going to do...

YE1ELb9.pngVGRyA64.pngqmjCDzn.pngUJp6B60.png8DufpqO.pngiTEkdPN.png

Sirgod

bGvBBSV.pngTM2h0nH.png

They're f**ked!

CmYoBqh.png

AifLR6p.pngVC3HNPg.png

Sirgod and Noish

VFbcG4o.png

This is Oifaye, when he was a cute teenager.

0xfgYpg.png

"Mr. Frankenstein" Ardan and Alec

Map

Since in FE4 the maps are much larger than in any other FE game and the fact that the SNES9x has a different image format than VBA, I can't show you the full map. I only will show you the images, where the main action takes place.

OXCQDIu.png

Jungby in the south, which will be defended by Midir. Probably vainly...

xXSEWuM.png

Chalpys in the east, where my units start.

PoSQgQw.png

CKWGFZo.png

Another castle in the west, which isn't taken (yet).

My allies

Noish

5cIhh2G.pngtlOhb0D.png

Noish is a social knight, who can use sword and lances. Cavaliers are divided in this game: sword, axe, lance and bow cavaliers exist; also cavaliers, which can use two weapon types already. So far as I know mounted units can't be dismounted in FE4.

Explanation of some terms (please correct me, if I'm wrong):

Lover: I believe, if you attack next to your partner, you'll get an automatic critical.

Talk: If you talk to this person, you'll get a reward.

Gold: ?

Arena: ?

State: ?

Anima magic divided in this game like in FE5 and Tellius.

His stats for level 3 are pretty insane. In general the base stats of the allies are pretty high for their level, because also the enemies have damn high base stats (will explain it later).

muYCpPh.pngbZxnoxF.png

Each of my allies has at least one skill.

Noish even has two: critical and charge

Tbh I don't exactly, what charge will do, but think I'll find it out sooner or later.

Sigurd

zGJRc1n.pngVVXBu7N.pngVnc2mMn.png

Sigurd is the main character of Gen 1. He's a lordknight. He has awesome weapon ranks (* = max rank I think). He also has two leadership stars, which could give him +10 hit and evasion like it does in FE10. Pursuit sounds like adept from the Tellius series, another attack. Overall a pretty damn good unit!

Ardan

ntiZDat.png7pMkHaQ.pngikxn95j.png

Ardan is a swordarmor knight with expectable stats of a knight. Armorknights also seem to be split in sword, axe, lance and bow. He has nice sword rank and the ambush skill. It seems to work like FE13 vantage. Not as good as it's in FE5.

Alec

yjn9u5V.pngl9c1pwI.pngCmF0M0h.png

Alec is another socialknight. One level below Noish with accordingly lower stats. Same weapon ranks like Noish. He also has pursuit and nihil, which works identically like it does in FE10. It cancels the skill(s) of the opponents.

Midir

sz0s9yd.png

[zEcPmOB.pngnasTOfW.pngJnrMoto.png

Midia is a bow cavalier. He can't do anything against all these brigands with her only 2 range weapons. His stats are alright. He also has pursuit and charge.

Boss

Now the castle in the west Evans is seized by this guy:

CN9t5Hp.png5KeHhht.pngnR5Dsv0.png

Look at these stats: 55 HP and 16 speed - insane! Too bad that his weapons weigh him down so dramatically! The hand axe weighs 20 (!!!) and there's no buffer in this game. So his speed should be 0.

Enemies

gZvWqo7.png

In this chapter you only fight axe and bow brigands. Like I earlier said not only my units have pretty damn good stats, but also the enemies. The brigands have up to 40 HP.

In the first turn I'm killing the first enemy.

8JqkHub.pngaKizGz5.png

Right: Stats of your unit's weapon

Left: Stats of the enemy's weapon

One imprtant advice:

You must defend the castle where you start. If an enemy captures it => Game Over; same goes when Sigurd dies.

Also make sure to place an unit in this castle, whenever an enemy is very close to it. The castle throne also gives you very nice boosts.

lsTvqR8.pngtXiBI2W.pngzVwgNDy.png

In the enemy phase Midir couldn't defend Jungy as I expected.

kiYpAq3.pngmW9xt5s.pngBaQCBZp.png

The enemies capture not only the castle Jungby, but also Aideen.

agfhX5H.pngo9kXsTX.png

Aideen will be brought to Evans and a brigand destroys the bridge.

First I must recapture Jungby!

yGkZO4O.png

Enemies will come towards me and will burn villages!

Vex3BQ5.pngbtPK6Dc.png

Two more allies - Azel and Lex

Lex

JVTdWt1.pngDpSYKgr.png

Lex is axe cavalier with excellent base stats and weapon level and two awesome skills:

w3L4HCA.pngalNpBMr.png

Ambush (like Ardan) and elite, which gives you double experience. Probably one of the best units in this game!

Azel

aXLH9kN.pnghFbwG7u.png

Azel is a mage with very nice base speed. He hasn't as awesome skills as Lex has, but still a pretty good unit I think, since is the first non physical unit in this game!

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

Long considertion means two threads? :J

Everyone has split money, everyone buys things with their own money.

At castles in every chapter except this one and another, you can enter an arena, you don't die if you lose in arenas in this game, but you can only win so many fights each chapter.

Status is just your status, if you're asleep or whatever.

Also Midir is a guy.

[spoiler=Prolog part 2]
Unlike in my screenshot LPs I won't add a turncount, because these chapters take forever and there are some turns, where happens absolutely nothing! Otherwise this LP would become way too long. So I'm going to cut these chapters a little bit, which I normally don't do.

g7ZfmTq.png
Azel can orko this brigand (18 x 2)

reZSQoc.png13BBe1G.png
Unlike in FE5 100% hitrate exists - godthanks!

Iditbvl.pngLkobERE.png
Splitting my units

jlBrtSi.png
Yeah, more units!

Cuan
Ao9jkch.pngh7dDKW0.pngZgNswW7.png
Cuan is a dukeknight. Since he has 9 movement he seems to be a second tier unit like Sigurd. He has maximum level in lances and the continue skill.

Fin
kUffgJn.png2P1m7Yr.png
Fin is back (in my case). He's a lance cavalier.
I see: Social knight and cavaliers are complety different classes.
Social knights can use lances and swords and cavaliers can only use one weapon type; probably a second after their promotion.

az4c6V3.pnghavB0BO.png
He doesn't have his brave lance, but therefore he still has prayer, which increases his evasion massively, when he's almost dead. Will try out later, if this skill will work in battle!

Ethlyn
TuSfYtP.png2eey4Wu.pngK7RNet4.png
Ethlyn is a troubadour, who can use staves and swords like Nanna and Mist. She can talk to Sigurd and has a lover support with Cuan. She also has critical as skill.

KejkYnA.png
This area is cleared for now. Then all my units will be sent to the south to recapture Jungby.

xC0hBqo.png
woods give you +20% evasion

dYhOARm.png

Ydk7QnP.png
In enemy phase I almost lose my first unit. A death in the prolog would be the ultimate fail...

QB5rqi8.pngsPKQvhZ.png
You get money for visiting the non destroyed villages.

The church in the top left of the first image restores your (entire ?) HP. Make use of them!

sTAd6uI.png
Ethlyn can talk to Sigurd.

bQfHJmc.pnghQdmfVO.png
Cuan can do. Though they don't get anything for that.

VED38i2.png
This area is cleared of brigands. Now I want to have Jungby back!

ilgMMh7.png

kOtmDtI.pngGm8dtOG.png8nVeQMR.pngCoQROfl.pngpy3fiqR.png
Jungby is recaptured and Midir joins my party.

Meanwhile:
zKRGqlD.png
A horde of more brigands appears.

Y2NUQ10.png
The bridge is restored.
Now I must capture Evans.

7HhYQ7v.png
OOOHHHHH, Arvis appears! Sigurd must talk to him.

DyeHb2Q.png
All these brigands come to you automatically. Finn will deal with this entire pack. I'm going to check, if prayer will work. Hopefully no fatal decision...

xxvA0Fi.pngduVJTxE.png
Yeah it does! Despite 85% hitrate Fin dodges and survives!

fMkIiyN.png
I'm trying to kill as many enemies as possible in this turn.

FrJ6UR1.png
Could kill except for one. A road gives you -10% evasion - interesting!

jvHHWpn.png
Seriously don't f**k with Arvis! He'll roast you like chicken meat! 70 attack - that's even more than Ashera has!

yRjPeRB.png
His battle animation

UKO3nEy.pngGbFTcQ8.png3yl9fCN.pngmfiVHxG.png
Arvis is kind... yet! He gives Sigurd a silver sword.

5QDRYsM.png
Only these few enemies are left.

Lex also can talk to Sigurd:
hq1gXXt.png60ahlhf.png

The final boss:
M5wH32K.pngNDqSKBQ.png
50% down already. However the throne will heal 20% of his HP.

WA5ExvS.png7SD7oFs.pngcLZZoI8.png
Midir has a special boss conversation.

vw4ne62.png
Sigurd finishes him off...

Mb0hHQu.png
...and figures out that Aideen is another castle!

Level ups (x) = total number in this chapter

Azel (1)

• HP
  • magic
  • speed

Lex (3)

• HP +3
  • strength +2
  • defense +2

Ardan (2)

• HP +2
  • strength +2
  • speed

Alec (2)

• HP
  • skill
  • luck

Ethlyn (2)

• HP
  • magic
  • skill
  • defense

Cuan (1)

• HP
  • strength

Sigurd (2)

• HP +3
  • speed
  • resistance

Noish (1)

• HP
  • defense

Fin (2)

• HP +2
  • skill
  • speed
  • luck

Unfortunately in the SNES games whenever you play with battle animations, all the stats won't be shown at the same time. In the next chapter I'm going to change to map animation, so I can take a screenshot of each level up.

wait didn't you ask me to delete this thread?

Yeah, it's the second thread.

Still decided to do this LP and I'm going to continue it!

Edited by Mister CatTeaDawn

Blind well than your in for quite the fun time, plot wise this game kicks ass especially considering its the fourth game and well let's face it 1-3 didn't quite win awards for great characters and story, i'd say it is the best in the series plot wise. The large maps appeal to some players hopefully you can get some enjoyment of them. Some advice get a couple weapons over 50 kills, you earn critical hits on that weapon without the need for the skill, really quite useful.

So you started FE4 I see.
Well
Let me drop this spoiler here. Don't quote if you don't want to be spoiled. Game mechanics only.

[spoiler=Skills and slight Inheritance explained]
Charge is a skill that allows you to perform 2-20 additional rounds of combat upon activation, which is [user's Attack Speed-Enemy's Attack Speed + (HP/2)]%. Charge activates if you have >= 25 HP.
They are rounds, not attacks, which differentiates it from Continue (which is Adept renamed). This means the enemy will get to go again too.
Charge can get screwy on you. My best example for you to understand is Wrath!Edward if he got unlucky and got hit while he's about to get attacked by additional enemies. You expect Cuan/Noishe to attack only once, but then they activate Charge and can either: 1) kill-steal or, 2) end up on the other end of an enemy's weapon.

I've been unlucky with Charge. Tread lightly.
However, one thing to note, is that Charge is safer for someone like Midayle/Midir since he's a bow-user. Enemies won't be able to go again if they can't attack in the first place.

Pursuit... oh boy, Pursuit.
Pursuit is doubling. Literally the ability to double. To double in this game is just having one Attack Speed over the enemy's Attack Speed.
This makes some units really good (fucking Sigurd) and some even shittier (fucking Ardan).

Midir joins Soren in the Being Mistaken for a Woman Club. Total members: 2 (so far). More members are welcome.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Just saying that social knights are cavaliers, since that's their Japanese name and you're playing on an older patch.

Use that silver sword. Abuse that silver sword. Don't bother with anything weaker. [spoiler=Promotion info and level caps]Also, duke knights are promoted lance knights. You can promote a unit at 20, and the cap is 30.

[spoiler=Chapter 1 part 1]
Isp9AWX.png9fPcrtS.pngyomPEKO.png87KD9mB.pngJUQk8i9.pngs5Viiel.pnguYinFvC.pngQHg23ZG.pngfhJgziX.pngUhAHZwu.pngV32ozZo.pngGl849mF.png

nilO5fi.png

9999eEl.pngSvOueK2.png
[spoiler=Three sons] Two of them are bad and one is good.

qN2iRvU.pngg53EKaL.png

P0HAOSw.pngCmuGZMU.pngD1Gd1gX.png0uehm1Q.png
Eltshan - somewhat tells me that he could be related to Noish.

fkqLi91.pngSNqC0Fb.pngoCj6u6G.pngjkwUOnF.pngMen2Dzy.png
Ayra is distrustful...

DC21SnJ.png

Shanan

9PfT29Q.pngC7CpCjF.png
These Genoan brigands want to recapture Evans. Ayra is among them.

Map
lpCTlDT.png
Genoa is in the south.

Evans is pretty much in the center of this map.

Enemies

JsE51X9.png
Same like in the prolog: Mainly brigands and a few hunters.

Ayra
JmiQ8gB.png
Ayra is level 4 myrmidon with pretty damn good bases (17 speed!).

ke5RLpV.png
She also has three great skills: Pursuit, nihil and meteor. Meteor is like astra: Five attacks. However I don't know, if each astra attack does half damage (like in 9 + 13) or regular damage (like in 10).

She's recruitable. However I'm going to tell you later, how. Because this one is really complicated and dangerous.

Castle:
4Kx8iFH.png
In the castle you can do lots of stuff:

OTZav8g.png
Town is basically similar to the battle preparations.

Weapon repair
gnA6BF5.pngDCquVy2.png
You can repair / forge weapons any time in this game for money. How broken is that!?

Everyone has split money, everyone buys things with their own money.

Pawn shop
VsZsaiq.png
You can sell the weapons and items.

Storage
fXpX0vZ.png
You can manage your supply.

Arena
zv4Faxe.png

At castles in every chapter except this one and another, you can enter an arena, you don't die if you lose in arenas in this game, but you can only win so many fights each chapter.

Fortune Teller

ePKNgN6.png

Will check this out later.

Item shop

Lp5PcMu.png
They're not that expensive for having 50 uses. However don't buy anything yet.

5zcQMoW.png
You can promote. I'll find out later, how it works.

eclwHKU.png
Trading items among units.

jHl8cw2.png
The unit will leave the castle and go to the battlefield.

vQIpdMX.pngAXrFvf2.pngWQtfp4U.png

Whenever you leave the castle, the unit can back to it in the same turn and guard it. Guarding is very important, if an enemy can reach your castle in the same enemy turn. If your castle is seized by an enemy => Game Over

The castle throne gives you +30% evasion and will heal some of your HP. So a good place to grind.

So in the first turn I send all my units to the south to Genoa. There's still a little distance between my units and the enemies.

2sqN0Iu.png

The Genoas are coming towards me.

Meanwhile in Marpha

2c0GJBQ.pngeeIe3Qh.png

Aideen gets kidnapped once more.

ZFCdUHn.pngPUR1A39.pnggAGokrY.png

It's one of the three sons. He's the good one! He let her free.

reeULp9.png9dvqWCA.png

A young child is joining too.

kqXLVV6.pngQCWrS3K.pngLMO5xVw.png

Oh snap! These brigands are going to chase them!

Dew

SY7qdTp.pngzfAN634.png

Dew is a level 1 thief without strength and defense. His high speed will save his ass from these brigands. Good point: He has lots of money and three skills.

AxF3XIN.png

Whenever he hits an enemy, he'll get gold. Cool!

mDXZOkW.png

Absorbs the HP of the enemy. Not a very effective skill for him since he can barely do any damage.

lnqbM61.png

It sounds that he gets weapons for the half price, if he goes shopping. Also sweet!

Aideen

aFiSPWX.png2txpnII.png

Aideen is a cleric. A better healer than Ethlyn because of her higher magic. She can talk to Ethlyn. Two big cons:

1. She doesn't have any skills.
  2. Her low movement of five. The brigands can catch her sometime because they have six movement.

bQhJaAh.png

Dew and Aidden must flee from this brigands and join Sigurd's party. Dew will block them in the forest. They have no hitrate against him.

KRyV0Ye.png

While this pack of brigands is in my attack range now.

Units

3S9N7kb.pngVcbY1Z7.png

Overview of your units

Items

zlbdQId.png

Overview of all your weapons and items

Skills

Bz12IUT.png

Overview of all your skills and what they do. Interesting to know at anytime!

The rest is self-explained.

z6FeWyW.pngqVDi5Gb.png

Sigurd deals with lots of them.

QJBYaLU.png

Dew blocks them while Aideen can move flee. Enemies won't attack you, if they have 0% hitrate.

kNJ6zji.png

SZyw4At.png

nJqP4iC.pngKNckQJB.pngIW4QI9V.png

Ohhh... the leader was among them. Didn't pay attention to him. Lex barely suvived this enemy phase.

kJJtR9L.png

The problem of her low movement!

Boss

B8J3xGF.png

Unlike my expectations the Genoan leader doesn't guard the castle, but is going to fight. He's a warrior. He has tons of HP and a silver axe.

Another thing: Equipment

This game doesn't seem to have autoequipment. When you attack him in melee range, he'll use the silver axe. When you attack him from two range, he'll counterattack with his hand axe.

That means whenever you have 2 range weapons, you can automatically counterattack at any time.

KWdUFHd.png

I killed all this subordinates. Had to trap him, because he can oneshot Ethlyn with his silver axe.

JL2mZXo.png

Weird! The boss didn't attack!

JL2mZXo.pngMnIh8x5.pngMnIh8x5.pngtqhcdFm.pngdH9GIsQ.png

Azel finishes him off and gets a hand axe!

About the level ups:

Against my expectations all the stats won't be shown at the same time, when I play with map animations (unlike in FE5). That means I can't screenshot them.

After each chapter I'll show you the level and stats of all my units.

LRn1ozZ.png

Aideen can escape them.

8Z8kjER.png

His steal skill: 1000 gold is nice!

0zzUlkU.png

Money for rescuing this town.

QaNOjmQ.png

Next turn she can join my main group.

Now I must deal with Ayra...

[spoiler=Chapter 1 part 2]
PXaiGIX.png
Fin can talk to Cuan. He gets +1 strength, skill and defense.

Ayra's recruitment:
She's recruitable with Sigurd, after you've seized Genoa.

tFjFQUo.png
The thing is that she's going to move, if you decoy one of these axefighters! The main problem are her skills. If she activates Astra, she can kill EVERYONE!

You must decoy her with someone, who can survive her. The only one, who definitely can do it is Alec
iKILhb4.png
because of nihil. However I've no idea, if she has a critrate against him.
However you need more than one turn to reach Genoa, kill the boss, seize Genoa and talk to her with Sigurd.
Alec can survive only one turn at a max. Ethlyn must be very close to him and heal him in every turn.

QYwkaLl.pngPRwxtOJ.pngdql049B.png
Ayra moved!
Actually pretty bad. I can send Alec to a thicket in the west, but I can't move Ethlyn, because she can't get out of her attack range.

My strategy:
G493KLq.png
Kill this dude and retreat.

LS1Dh90.png
Place Alec on this forest tile.

And send everyone else out of her attack range

Ayra vs. Alec
TOU3GPR.pngNofckpD.pngEB7XzXD.png
Survived with 1 HP, but it won't help me at all.
How badly I wished an elixir or a physics stave. At least Alec has more movement than her so I can bring him out of his attack range.

1iOhsfx.png
Again killing this axefighter and retreat.

Azel can talk to Aideen:
t5a2E0D.pngrYggic1.pngECll2Nl.pngzUZBDAp.png
Azel is Arvis' brother?! Interesting!

sSzRJWQ.png
I'll get another problem! These brigands can reach Alec. He's trapped!

F9RaHwa.png
Dew must leave this forest to hinder as many brigands as possible to reach Alec. However Dew should still dodge it.

xB0sGOj.pnghckbymd.pngo6r3Nnr.png
Of course not!

Deathcount: 1

xCApknl.pngiVegt9w.pnggTCXlrR.png
At least Alec survives...

However I must reset it, because I need the thief.

Resetcount: 1

Attempt #2
Pztvlwo.png
I place Sigurd in this forest and everyone else ride out of her attack range. I hope Sigurd will dodge twice.

Pztvlwo.pngKn24A04.pngFCJEa4f.png
Good job Alec!!!

UYcEXc5.png
F**k! She activates Astra! Thankfully she only hits 2/6. Astra does regular damage! One more hit and Sigurd would be wrecked!

vIHQOGw.png
This situation looks hopeless!
Alec can't get healed and Dew can do absolutely nothing against these brigands. At least I can place Alec in a forest tile, so he should survive most likely!

rysjiKc.pngEchO5Ue.pngYAlps3T.png
Ayra too OP - please die!

Missed recruitment: 1

(Probably) I've already sacrificed one unit for you!

TFpK2p6.png
The brigands have 13% against him, so I can still hope he'll survive!

Bmi4rVb.pngrcOSSZG.png
Surrounded

GIVE ME A GODDAMN VULNERARY!!!

geHH1Xi.png
Oh no - more shit is coming towards me! If I hadn't got enough problems atm...

UxDBNYB.png
GOD DAMN IT!!! 13% must hit me, of course!

Deathcount: 2

Well, that means I must continue this game with two units less. However Idc for them, becuase I like self-created challenges!

7Mmfr7I.png
Sigurd will fight the boss.

6RxUKQu.png
Only a generic enemy.

HtSCnC4.png39D1QAa.png
You can kill the boss and seize in the same turn! Genoa is entered!

SJqzoqG.pngSJqzoqG.pngv8paBAo.png39xsRUS.png624JDuH.png
No, she doesn't have, because she can't anymore...

8KrYaH1.png
[spoiler=Too late!]This is a generic conversation

BIx0KjZ.pngL4UKGIh.pngB07RZFw.png
Sad conversation

ErbAEhp.png
Oifaye must calm down Shanan.

KktNNnp.png
What a liar! He killed her!

QmZOxEz.png
Genoa captured and so many tears... :sob:

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After a very long time of consideration I still decided to replay the entire chapter, because Ayra seems to be a pretty good unit.

Resetcount: 2

Attempt #3

Ethlyn can talk to Aideen:

o73zRp3.pngTp8sopH.pngmlVHokf.png

gets a return stave

uAowKhm.png

The return stave is pretty much the panic button in this game. If your can be captured very soon, you can send an unit back to guard it. Also useful to get weapons and items. A very good stave.

3mXQldc.png

I send all my units to the west to kill these brigands first. So I can prevent getting trapped by them and Ayra.

4dlh1X1.png

After killing them I split up my units. Cuan decoys this axefighters, which automatically meants that Ayra will move:

mUKf4Bn.png

Alec is also in the west. Ethlyn always will behind him to heal him. Sigurd is in the north and while Ayra will fight Alec, Sigurd will seize Genoa once more. Hopefully the results will be better this time!

obiy3Vb.pngQvi7kXE.png

Thankfully Sigurd has enough speed now (14) not to get doubled by her anymore. Only Alec and he are in her attack range. Hopefully Ayra will go after Alec of course.

CDgPzNI.png

Yes, she does! Alec dodges once. Ethlyn can heal him.

I need at least three more turns, because Sigurd can orko the boss and he needs one turn to reach Ayra.

seoM61k.png6mczs1U.png

Not enough to beat him!

82toZ6R.png

Alec is fullhealed, so he can survive one more enemy phase.

6pfiYDK.png

OMG! Alec dodges twice! That means I can send him to Sigurd in the next turn, because he can survive one more turn. I don't have to sacrifice him to get Ayra - awesome!

Genoa is caputered once more. Here's the good conversation:

Dy5N3ja.png

g4WKHuF.png

Ayra will attack Sigurd again and he can talk to her in the next turn.

VvOkJd5.png

Good! Thank you for having exactly enough HP to survive two hits by her.

94X2A5Z.pngF2EGYlw.pngUCbZQnc.png

Cavaliers appear from the castle in the west and they're not that far away from my castle Evans. The problems don't stop!

Finally Sigurd can talk to Ayra:

niobnk2.pngY8b4Bwl.pngziLV4hY.pngjl1xyZ5.pngaAxkxgY.pngsNT7wHY.pngGMVDuiJ.pngP5ijTCz.png

One of the hardest recruitments I've ever had!

[spoiler=Chapter 1 part 3]
H57wEbh.png
You saw that a group of cavalary appeared and rode towards my castle Evans.

AjX9Vgt.png
Lachesis - probably brother and sister

C8wSSOv.png
A bunch of NPC cavaliers appear from this castle.

MMRsT7P.pngl1oQfXv.pngl1oQfXv.pngiSJlShD.png
Eltshan vs. Elliot

Enemies + Elliot
HvewNMi.pngBgcUR8B.png

NPCs + Eltshan
fEP7734.pngvvnc20g.pngDKjzfY3.png
The enemies have no chance against the NPCs, who are pretty much one entire class above them.
Eltshan is maximum level with a personal weapon, mistoltin (swordhunger), which gives him +10 skill and resistance. He orkoes everything, but he still can get hurt a little bit. Though his HP is high enough to survive.

MmnVLxx.pngM1vDdNW.pngAT9p8Lt.pngf0aIbFP.png6GuM0CG.pngYzOlDg5.pngHeRj86m.png
These NPCs make my life much easier. They hinder these cavs to enter Evans, so I don't have to retreat. The half is eliminated already.

6Y2tqRW.pngaz5hKYb.pngUsSHpdR.png
However I decide to play safe and send Cuan back to the castle to guard. I don't know, if Elliot is going to seize an empty castle instead of fighting the NPCs.

Dew can talk to Aideen:
BqiputZ.pngRlcYJTg.png54QjHkg.png
warp stave

7WkDeck.png
The warp stave works differently than in other FE games. You can't send an unit to a specific spot on this map. It's just a better return stave. You can send an unit to one of the seized castles, or castles which isn't blocked by an enemy.

Bmh837l.pngc6VpXAH.pngeAFKh2f.png
Elliot is down, but he isn't dead. He just retreats.

CwfYoc8.pngjpzVaUI.png
All the enemies are dead. Evans is safe for now.

jpzVaUI.png
The NPCs ride back to their castle.

lpK9Plu.png
Meanwhile Sigurd entered the west side of the map. He'll decoy a few of these brigands to bring them to move eastwards.

odoAYA1.pngMyzsBZU.png
Like I expected - everyone is moving

DMLCFOO.png
I retreat with Sigurd. The brigands shall move far towards east. He's overleveled, other units shall get the kills.

dqnnbjw.pngN5tK2k4.png
Interesting - all these brigands move back to their castle and form. Haven't seen sth. like this before - interesting A.I.!

vLulnaF.png
I must wait for a few turns till the other units reach this area. Sigurd must play the decoy bird once more.

vdhkZcy.png
The entire pack is moving again towards my units.

kullFLc.png
It's time for a bit "Ayra-action". I send her to the forest. She'll take all these brigands and hunters all alone! Everyone else gets out of their range.

lB6bMKw.png
Astra is activated once at least.

fdYWEjW.png
In this turn I leave the enemies to Ayra and Sigurd (both in a forest).

WkqbfQr.png

wx0EQlS.pngyscjxl2.png
Two brigands decide to kill theirselves by attacking Sigurd.

y2A7UGw.pngKXUT54J.png
26% hits Dew the third time in this chapter! At least he has tons of money.

XMSf4vS.png
This area is cleared. In the next turn I'm going to fight the boss.

Mqn4PTv.png
Gandolf is a warrior with max. level, a hand axe and a skill ring, which gives the carrier +5 skill. Looks frightening at the first sight, but is no match for Sigurd.

K4d9y3X.png
Sigurd can do 30 damage in one turn. That means he could even orko him, if Gandolf attacks him in enemy phase. Though not correct, because he'll get healed by the throne before enemy phase.

7RUNzcm.pngqy8bhk9.pngdALK3x4.png
Oh what, Sigurd misses once with 96%?! The RNG in this chapter reminds me on FE5!

VQecdle.png
In the next turn he can be wrecked.

NELI6HH.pnguWxQnjW.pngS37u7Qv.png
Goodbye - now Jamka has lost both brothers. Got the skill ring.

8t0ZuLB.pngp6SuKqH.pngEGNOWxj.png3yn77wg.pngJE4XLNV.png
Another capturing thwarted

FVCX29A.png72MM3bl.png79molya.png7heWDtd.pngX0Bgceg.pngiEIykao.png
There she goes...

3T6iwPO.pngrqKP9rZ.png9251f1L.pnghKZCLcU.pngASObVkW.pngYuIxGtn.pngPhDSfMC.png
Sigurd is :wub: and is going to search her.

Rh2O4vM.png
conquered Marpha

X4jO8jj.png
Meanwhile in Verdane

NBwMzDP.pngRGIKUUL.png5XmvCBA.png8vBQJXh.pngT016CRW.png9hGZs6F.pngB0oseBX.png0vgepKJ.pngNdWWMDI.png
Reluctantly Jamka decides to fight.

iejSNX5.png
So another pack of brigands and hunters including Jamka leave Verdane and is coming towards me.

Jamka

WRjWHdO.pngiNBifwZ.png

Jamka is a bowfighter (= archer). He has a killer bow which makes him very dangerous! He can oneshot everyone with a crit, even Sigurd. Morever he has three skills: charge, pursuit and continue.Continue works like adept. The unit has a chance to attack again. Good skill. He's recruitable with Aideen. The problem is that she has less movement than her, which makes it hard for her to reach her.

My plan: I wait till Jamka has left the giant forest to reach him with her without any trouble. This will take lots of turns though.

CAVbxod.pngHsulvLB.png6NxBfKH.pnggTJhjFK.pngipK0ziJ.png
Sandima kills King Batou. Jamka has lost his entire family within few minutes.

[spoiler=Chapter 1 part 4]
0Jle4qb.png
The master of evil: Manfloy

xpz0why.pngPAgPw9j.pngQOqntYv.png2m5rE0q.pngcZ5Qz83.pnglsCH244.pngixkI4zT.pngbWpLn8d.pnglODk5wh.pngX9mGa6t.pngBullY8q.pngmVmH6zO.png

ocfrHJ3.png
More enemies appear from castle Verdane and move.

KCL0Uzf.pngf3TRDjm.png
Sandima is the boss. He's a dark mage, an extremly powerful one - beware! He has no skills, but he has a long range tome Fenrir which has an attack power of 32. Since my units except for the magic users and Sigurd don't have any resistance, it'll almost oneshot my units! Jormung is a regular 1-2 tome. Idk, if it poisons the opponent like it does in FE5.

Midir can talk to Aideen:
RqGgbQg.pngRqGgbQg.pngRz0EUFz.png

Sigurd also can:
O7e267r.pngGSfsUal.pngGvZ71VC.png5Xvb7y8.pngSIFqtHG.png9dtYhyq.pngyLbsO9f.pngXe0HJUP.png
You get nothing for both conversations.

OoHRCJu.pngssUtkIW.png
Like I said in the previous part: I let the brigands come out of this forest, so Aideen can reach Jamka much better.
I've learned my lesson from Ayra's recruitment. I'm going to play more carefully and patiently! Aideen will get attacked once, but she can take one hit.

yBnaViX.png
She even dodges.

TMAJwiZ.pnguENhEnu.png
This brigand stands in my way.

Now she can recruit him:
9t0qqqQ.pngGFMmJ5p.pngrqFzqZq.pngC3t2xoL.pngyVZGqdv.pngAxUTblk.png
This recruitment was much easier!

wpZL6IM.png2SGfnWs.png
Jamka actually can't kill this brigand (17 x 2 < 45), but continue activates, so he can kill him.

I6jfcOx.png
Now I must eliminate the first wave of Verdane's brigands.

dAwfB4n.png

bdpWiPC.png
They were no match for my units; couldn't hit me at all in the forest.

Now I must cross this huge forest. It will take lots of turns till I reach Verdane's castle.

TelrPBJ.png
On this tile - a woman appears!

Yc9etaZ.png
Sigurd has found Deidre!

7yBap8A.pngvWGhzXp.pnguW8Er4p.pngurkSHFE.pngz4laKsA.png7BZ860b.pngpwmg550.png
Second pairing confirmed already!

Deidre
7xIoUuh.pnglbvZq1s.pngkp4DGFv.pngmOvUyVb.png

Here's the ticket to the boss: Deidra. She's a shaman. Unlike in other FE games shamans use light magic and not dark magic. Aura is extremly powerful, but also ridiculous heavy. But it's not the weapon, which makes her broken against Sandima, it's the silence staff! In this game I believe that sleep and silence only can be used, if the magic of the user is higher than the resistance of the opponent. Therefore it always hits! Deidre has 14 magic and Sandima has 13 resistance, so the silence stave should work on him. Actually it has to, because Deidre told it in her conversation with Sigurd. She also has nihil.

n6D2GEQ.png9MIn6YB.png

It took me like 15 turns to escape from this forest. Jamka is in the attack range of a couple of hunters. Let's see, if the entire pack will move.

DN4XwFk.pngmgxQbwy.png

He can kill both.

CIRECbC.png

Yes, everybody moves.

RhfDUjN.png

Time for "Ayra-action" again!

8wCpeLk.png

Ouch! Don't become Dew II! Getting hit with 26%.

It's the only enemy, who hits her.

wnUvN6H.png

Lots of enemies. However this time I'll play the aggressive way and kill as many enemies as possible.

0bF0Drd.png

Only these two hunters survive. They can't kill anyone of my units including Ethlyn.

VAH6brP.png

riQ5MhN.png

The last remaining enemy. Only Sandima is left.

Before I'm going to silence him, let's see the power of fenrir:

6aY9Tsq.png

Alec surives with 1 HP! Not the first time in this chapter.

HrwdQs9.pngjkHppUG.pngmxqFv52.png

Now he's f**ked!

mcCzSO3.png

Easy victim for Sigurd.

Df13DFL.png

Can Deidre kill him? At least I want to see the battle animation of aura.

6cPU96z.png

Looks great, but it doesn't help to kill him... miss

Hj4eTi2.pngTn3WHmf.png

Midir can't kill him either. Only hits 1/2.

phcdWDb.pngtcgQMM5.pngBfXeVvU.png

So I gve this kill to Ethlyn. She still can fight too! Get the magic ring!

This was chapter 1! Don't worry the upcoming chapters will be even longer most likely.

FE4 has much larger maps, but therefore the number is smaller.

In Verdane's castle Sigurd can't prevent Batou's death and will vengeance for it. No conversation between him and Jamka.

My units' standings

2JwwgLJ.png

SpmhF9F.png

B4FSkK2.png

CuihLDs.png

rsbpvaD.png

m74uJV1.png

8oTljZr.png

mcbptdy.png

pWDKdYL.png

TvNEfWb.png

verpx6R.png

r8XNi7n.png

9TDHjTN.png

ruQbkAb.png

zZufjUM.png

In the next chapter I'm going to show it in a table.

Anyway it'll take some days till I'm going to start the next chapter. Want to continue with The Last Promise LP now.

In Fe4, you don't get any personal healing items, so you either need to heal in your castle, on churches or with staves, so be wary of that. And you quickly noticed something about the AI, they are programmed to move in formation and pretty much will do so with little regard for life and limb, so you can use it to your advantage, but it can also make them tougher.

More shenanigans on the way, but you'll soon see.

So a little change about this LP from now on (also mentioned it in my very first post).
This LP isn't a solo blind LP anymore.
Since I missed at least a couple of items / weapons in the previous chapters already, so I decided to get support by different people in each chapter. They can give me a few information about the game mechanics and hints about hidden items in each chapter. It's a co-op LP from now on!

[spoiler=Chapter 2 part 1 (ft. Dual Dragons)]
Map story
HrSG9hS.pngJGHQefL.pngrfrXpGR.png

WjOPgQO.pnguhPl8L5.pngvYHNlzB.pngglqAJgq.pngvzm5PYS.png

T2fj5J8.png

OeSbSac.png
EBBLD7I.pngjcZ1Ld6.pngiNi61iz.png
Eltshan rides to the Augustrian prince with his intention to stop the conflict. Will he have success?

yL3PTSn.png
NQo5bgG.pngpqQV8Cu.pngnFBxYHb.png
Quite the opposite: He's going to capture Nodion!

NSXNAwW.pngG14Tytd.pngKxvWZqs.png
Dirty plans

MLlADoK.pngN95ZLbL.png
Lachesis gets the information (she already expected).

YnkErbQ.pngGwA2293.png
More trouble: Crossknights will come from the north. However she'll be guarded by a few Nodions.

IHeRgsN.png
wHNolS0.png6qcDmfx.png
Elliot is going for vengeance.

hIi2fy6.png
EqUYrEV.pngtkUYeyF.png
First task: Saving Nodion and Princess Lachesis

Map
mLY8Vxc.png
Evans is on the top right of this map.

bokQE7I.png
The Heirheins consist of cavaliers, knights and a couple of ballistas.

eGYhZgB.pngN9xSg0x.png

i8G5glJ.png
Elliot is among these cavaliers. He's higher level and has better stats than in the previous chapter, but still no skills. Not too tough!

amTW7rw.pngQ0WBTrd.png
The big boss is his father Noldo a general, who guards Heirhein. He has great shield, which negates any physical and magical damage - Nasty!

POLyYA5.png
The Nodion paladins protect Princess Lachesis, who guards her castle. The Heirheins aren't far away from it. The cavaliers can reach it in two turns already, but they won't have a chance against the paladins.

Go9Zj64.pngrudgpbj.png
Lachesis is a level 2 princess. Not very powerful and squishy, but pretty fast. She can use swords and staves. The prayer sword is a 1 range sword (which gives her the prayer skill when equipped?). She also has charisma, which gives near units 10% (hit, evasion and critrate?).

Arena
Before I'm going to start the chapter I use the arena. The arena has a total of 7 rounds. If you surivive a round, you have the choice to fight the next opponent. The HP from the previous fight is full restored. The FE4 arena is by far the most broken arena for these reasons:

1. You can't die! Whenever you lose, you'll have 1 HP left. However you can't entry the arena.
0KFWi1o.png
2. You can choose your weapons (the unit has). So you can take advantage of the weapon triangle at any time.
3. You can even move your units after doing the arena.

The first unit, who survives 6 rounds, will fight this guy in the 7th round:
K8Q0gyS.png
Holyn

A1GNIPn.png
And if you beat him, this happens:
UJvZJcy.pngNZq5Xlr.pngarQlYBC.png
You recruit Holyn.
The first unit, who beats all the 7 rounds of the arena, gets him. That means you can get him very early or very late. Just depends, when you're using the arena.

sorUTGt.pngAbkXgcb.png
Holyn is a myrmidon with actual worse stats than Ayra compared to her level. His skills are pursuit and luna.

Standings of the units, who used the arena:
FLt2Pqh.png
RukJkvY.png
ubYredw.png
ezN8sUF.png
QqZEqXO.png
Lc9254S.png
EXlGWX2.png

eGYhZgB.pngN9xSg0x.png
In the first enemy phase all the cavaliers and Elliot move towards Nodion.

kkJwT9U.png
There's also a general miniboss among the Heirheins.

5kiGtkd.pngp0WcEnh.pngBYWjUbD.png
Bandits appear, who'll destroy the villages.

TCbcstX.png
Turn 2: the cavaliers can reach the left paladin in the next turn already.
My units have still a far way till they will reach Nodion.

wZeC3Fo.png
Turn 3: not quite yet, but in the next enemy phase everyone including Elliot can attack them.
My cavaliers still need two turns; my footies won't reach this area in time.

w4HJnbm.pngyDGXQDp.png
Turn 4: These paladins are good walls.

7A77olI.pngR2WtKEK.pngcr1TB05.png
Turn 5: My units finally reach Nodion. I can start to kill some stuff. The enemies less.

cIQ8y7f.png
Sigurd and two NPCs block my weaker units like Midir.

ZJ3L89D.png7qJibdb.png
Elliot can be taken down finally in the next turn.

CmVaEqe.pngY7cOnhv.pngnBqwUEO.pngoKVCvkV.pngBxqDMDG.pngAexHtPr.pngZuwSY1n.png
Midir, Lex and Fin finish Elliot off! Goodbye and NEVER AGAIN! Get a silver lance as reward.

5UIrUBc.pngii10rCq.png8oJeMzV.pngG1hCIwD.png
Turn 6: All the cavaliers including Elliot are defeated. Princess Lachesis is safe!

If Sigurd talks to her,
cxdZPZ1.png8TTiTSI.pngNYFBP4r.png
she'll become an ally. She can leave her castle. The three (if survived) NPCs will surround her that she can't get attacked from all four sides.

748R9gm.png
After some turns I'm going to kill the rest of the Heirheins.

np5hla5.png
Philip is a moving general, who also has great shield.

jRP5Mfj.pnghx1P088.png
He can attack my units in the next turn.

RhsnanI.png
He attacks Jamka, who can't counterattack.

GYNU8fJ.png

Midir attacks twice, but great shield activates once.

PPFE2H1.png

Great shield #2

2SDUCbD.pngA9fRCDu.png

Sigurd only hits once, because great shield #3

mVRjyuE.pnguivGtCG.png

Cuan could kill him,... but great shield #4

7kE2Jyg.pngWQTjh2z.pngQ4aKorT.png

This boss was annoying. Great shield activated 50%. Hate this skill!

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

[spoiler=Chapter 2 part 2 (ft. Dual Dragons)]
qUFlPIN.pngqOGl8dF.pngyGqrEte.png
This area is almost cleaned up.

Mxs4qGJ.pngcKyg5FY.png
Look, how much damage Ethlyn's light sword does![spoiler=There's a way to make it even more broken.]Will demonstrate it on a boss later.

iE38VJZ.pngCvo6rGt.png
Whoops... Lachesis accidently attacked with the wrong weapon. Her thief sword doesn't do any damage to this knight; wanted to attack with her prayer sword of course. So Ardan takes the kill.

QSC5yeB.pngwWdhHpG.png

total clearance

BTJ8rpz.pngpHE9Kfd.png
The Heirheins are alomst completly eliminated. Only the guards of the boss and the boss itself are left.

G99JrRY.pngvjhjoO3.png7CmXoK6.png
bosstime

0eG64lA.png
no great shield - Cuan can survive another hit, so he stands still.

brUZpfe.png
Two of Lachesis' guards are still alive and do a good job at weaking these knights.

gKxE9Qy.png
again no great shield - unbelievable!

9kdFXxG.pngg5NTkX1.png
only the boss is left

hS3Lrk1.png
Boldo was healed quite a bit before the player phase. Sigurd can hit him twice.

qaaPigQ.pngIDbRQ5H.pngOgcWqC5.png
Jamka finishes the job. This boss was much easier, because great shield wasn't activated one single time.

zseDrVs.png
Arden must look for something in this area.

jqqujWq.pngkpBineE.pngRsM725S.png
Heirhein is mine!
Next task: Stopping the Anphonian bandits

TBfKnPx.png8WYSnBB.png
Anphony sends some knights out and

kPLq3n4.png2xMSjX6.png
[spoiler=Agusty tons of cavaliers.]Beowulf is recruitable.

En8I5HW.pngxiQkt42.pngcAE2xAS.png
Two green haired people join.

XUI5YB7.png8d14o75.pngJ3Jwdii.png
oh dear

Levin
RnZfFda.pngcI9n9aJ.png
Levin is a bard. Idk the difference between a mage and a bard except that they have a different promotion (Azel can promote into a mageknight). He's goddamn fast, but it doesn't help him yet, because he hasn't pursuit yet. Therefore he has continue and critical, which doubles the attack power (like the crit in FE5).

Sylvia
0z6In5X.pngWuWa2dL.png
Sylvia is a dancer, who also can use swords. Since she has no strength, she'll only be used for dancing. Dance is an own skill. Moreover she has continue (useless) and prayer (useful). Since she's very frail, a massive boost of evasion will help her quite a lot. Definitive not the worst dancer in FE!

Both appear the turn after you've seized Heirhein.

r9aEqKx.png
[spoiler=Their job is to stop the Anphonian brigands destroying all the villages.]Of couse I fail!

Since Sylvia can dance for him, Levin can ORKO a brigand each turn.

Vgik5E1.png
Arden has to be placed on this tile.

mjSIGs8.pngj6blOdC.pngLmqAIqd.png
miSG26G.pngAoET8ry.png
His final use in this game: Getting the pursuit ring. The holder of this ring, has the pursuit skill. That allows to double the enemy, if the unit has 4 AS more than the opponent. A nice present for Levin!

TqSFPYV.png
The two remaining NPC do their own thing. One of them kills itself.

NpF7j8E.png
It's showtime! The Agustian cavaliers start to change! There are tons of them. I must be very careful.

zqoGkkr.pngo1iyuj8.png
Peggies fly to this castle, but they don't do anything yet.

547GdHi.pngCZmV5ap.png
Levin will be very rich in this chapter.

5gZMz92.png

5gZMz92.pngkLryhLm.png

VtRBAgq.png
My calculation: 34-11=24 :facepalm:
This miscalculation can be fatal for Cuan, because he can't survive another hit. I only can hope that he'll go for Midir, who can't counterattack.

Nefj94U.png
Thankfully the A.I. is as stupid as I was. He attacks Midir instead of Cuan.

1z3VHMs.png
Charge of the Agustian cavs.

gBAcoSZ.png
[spoiler=I couldn't save all the villages.]In one of them was a speed ring apparently.

ImhwJqT.png9eHYYvW.png

TLAjuPL.pngeBvwVlP.png

Jwhl4l8.png
More stupid A.I. behavior! That also means that the cavaliers will change their direction.
I only can hope that the knights won't move towards me as well, if this NPC is dead. This dozen of cavaliers and the paladin boss are already enough for me!

6evravG.png
Yupp, they go for him. Gives me a little bit time to form my units.

UA3osLT.pngMnFidPQ.png
1 vs. all - in the next turn he'll be so dead!

rC2az22.png
He was a brave fighter!

oYjXu0N.png
Beowulf is on the front of this pack of cavaliers. So I can reach him easily. I let come him to my units.

yLR4uHB.png

wGTsKs3.png6erMr4y.png
Voltz is maximum level. He's very bulky with his 60 HP and has continue. Not an easy boss. However the cavaliers aren't too bad. They only have iron swords.

iSGZEPY.pngaUGAIBk.png
Beowulf is a sword cavalier with pursuit and charge. Be careful! If charge is activated, he can double. I must keep all my units out of his attack range.

Ul8lk9y.pngRxZEcvF.png
Although I checked out his movement range about three times, he still could attack Fin for some reason. Since lances are ridiculous heavy in this game, Beowulf could double him. I was very lucky that charge wasn't activated! Otherwise Fin would be wrecked! Tbh I still don't get it with the movement ranges. They confuse me as hell, especially the road tiles.

Sigurd can talk to Beowulf
CBrgags.png6hDC1PF.png
and recruit him, if he has 10000 gold. Probably everyone can recruit him, who has >=10000 gold.

PcNVyAy.pngQGxLxDj.png
Boss goes for Jamka, who dodges.

Sigurd weakens some of the cavaliers. The Anphonian knights don't move thankfully.

40OmhhI.pngj9EjqYp.png
Deidre is so useless

cPar2PY.pngRnVbvts.png
Azel is better. I only attack the boss with my 2 range weapons users, because he hasn't a 2 range weapon.

jQjK0zT.pngOXjaOoF.png

2wpYgzo.png3qGXv8w.png
REdYPSO.pngWLIQnfP.png
rMfNUS2.pngASIDh8F.pngASIDh8F.png
Jamka gets another bosskill and skill ring.

[spoiler=Chapter 2 part 3]
kcNsemL.png
dOCFZeA.png
2i6K14a.png
jm0jNwh.pngkoibsI6.png
Love-support: When Ethlyn attacks besides Cuan, she has improved chance to do a critical hit. Love-supports work like bond-supports in FE10.

6PqhwE4.pngiYS49U7.png
SZyG55F.png
Doesn't look too bad anymore! Most of the cavaliers + boss are gone.

nFx12d4.png
Levin must still defend the villages.

XaEJHt3.pngSG1rR5w.png
All the remaining cavs. go for Beowulf, who survives easily and can weak them very well.

Finishing the rest:
UnNC4gH.pngQiC8O4B.pngxEZbOfP.png4gjjqkf.png
I'm very close to the next main boss, but I must fight lots of armors before.

cEVklu5.png44ZyrHu.png
Macbeth is another general with 2 range weapon great shield.[spoiler=Seems to be annoying]but he isn't if you use a simple trick.

RZehO7I.pngnIDhykL.png
Levin is the richest guy on Judgral.

PjS5RTr.png2QNTHlp.png
First armors can reach Sigurd. He even can even orko one of them, because the NPC has weakend him before.

e0ViYKQ.png
There are tons of them. They're pretty tanky with >50 HP. However some of them are damaged by the NPC, which makes it a little bit easier for me. Must try to kill as many of them as possible.

ovDjw4K.png
GqJ4gWG.png
bYouKbm.png
DXjeAYS.png95yt3jR.pngcontinue
msYRVUz.pngVoLUsGB.pngf5LJL6N.png
cIOaCAB.pngmE2sLng.png
mE2sLng.pngouc9d6h.pngYQdqrsd.png
Only two are left. I placed my units safe, so no one can get killed by two hits.

Killing the rest:
Jq0py9q.pngcrit
G1gyGX1.png

Bosstime:
NKeCOku.pngA2QSeLJ.pngNVIGI1X.png
Greatshield activated 1/2. Sigurd survives two hits.

aaHG0jF.png

How to kill the boss in an easy way:
lfRfeOu.pngSj9ycoi.pnglzh3BuP.png
HBWTa81.pngiBpsFFe.pngOiRmnzN.png
The power of love: I was lucky that she critted and great shield wasn't activated. However an effictive strategy to kill the boss with the minimum of effort!

feg1qH0.pngwJOVeta.pngXdakEOO.pngzqg10Ak.png5feC2L0.pngEepi3Aw.pngCRSN7fX.pngh2tBZmu.pngmPaUHG6.pngBLOTyAR.pngvrH2VBn.pngqCXCawS.png8UTueGr.pnggrGYMf5.png

ojpq6od.pngzUX1sdN.pnge4PLt0E.png
Levin gets the cutter sword, a not very powerful one.

xmmKZHq.pngR5mtLiD.pngfFmasHG.png
The next castle features lots of myrmidons, mages and ballistas. Levin is close to this area, but there's a hill in his way, which he cannot climb down. He has to go around a very long way. It will take forever till he and Silvia have reached this area.

SSu5mkV.pngnJerPuu.pngM0CiWuW.png
Another enemy: Lots of peggies. Levin can talk to the leader of this group. [spoiler=He's also the closest person to this group, so the recruitment shouln't be too bad.]Not a bit of it!

GpHIFjn.pngp0oStjP.png
More enemies

8PBpDrV.pngHTrtJWu.png
Clement is a bishop, who defends McKil. The easiest mainboss, because Sigurd can ORKO him. Only beware of the sleep stave. Status staves have a default reach of 10 and work, if the user's magic is higher than the opponent's. The status effect lasts for 5 turns.

LkgJSSe.pngEPpud1f.png
Shagaal is the endboss in this chapter. He guards Agusty. He's a baron, apparently the best class in the entire game, because it can use each weapon except for light and dark magic. However he only has a silver sword, which means magic users can wreck him very easily. Has great shield though.

jIsPt1s.pngbL2gMaV.png
Fury is a pegasus knight with the pursuit skill. Pretty nice base strength and speed. Hopefully she's so clever and flies towards Levin.

olXZhBg.pngYpXm0qU.pngtx0L7JN.png
Agusty has tons of cavaliers with iron lances and two paladins.

Ohh1XLE.png
It takes lots of turns till my units come in the attack range of these cavs.

KlRGvC5.pngORIRI9k.pngtElvr1d.png
If Cuan talks to Fin, Fin gets a hero lance (=brave lance).

kcNsxQT.png
I'm retreating further. Lex will be the wall, because he has the highest defense of my team.

GeVjBoj.png

Take them out:
aI0Bj5P.pngHlWICA8.png7rcREwa.pngSfYSSC9.png
The paladin has a grace period, because otherwise I would place one of my units in the attack range of the second wave of cavs. Survival is more than questionable. Jamka shall get attacked by him.

pkeHamY.png

YD1uImj.pngqcmhw6r.png8I64kts.pnggI6NeiK.pngURo7I8J.pngSrZpCc2.png
Beowulf gets a boost in strength, skill and defense.

[spoiler=Chapter 2 part 4]
BngV5Gm.png
Safe distance to the second little wave of horsies.

2Hsa7uh.png
Noish takes all the punishment.

ccANVXM.png
GeClPPd.png
SkkN9xP.png
5ue6kuS.png5W0NTYE.pngDeidre gets a level up, but no stats.

Problem:
Fury's peggies are going for the (unguarded) Evans. I must save this castle with someone. If someone seizes my homecastle, I'm doomed. Unfortunately Levin is somewhere in nowhere. Ethlyn rides towards him to "return" him.
oKI7S5k.pngWlGtqSw.png
[spoiler=I send Dew to Evans, because he's uselsess in combat anyway.]A terrible idea, because he can't survive two hits.

In the next turn I warp Jamka to Evans as well, who can't counterattack Fury.

ykXevhy.pngs2OY6rc.png
Jamka has stand for some turns. Even if she hits, the throne will heal him more than enough.

Ycrck39.png
It takes about 5 turns till Ethlyn reaches Levin and returns him to Evans. If he's guarding, Fury won't attack him.
You can't guard and talk in the same turn, so I must wait a turn:
OvZzdIk.pngFskBLTN.png7Qr4af5.pngNXANYdO.pngQRVN4so.png9MwSFxk.pngonRY34Z.png4zINiMA.pngXf6SCHx.png
Now she fights for the right side! The other peggies leave the map at once.

I have to wait tons of turns till Ethlyn, Fury and Levin have caught up my team. I need the largest attack power I can get.

fUfLBx1.png
Sigurd is decoying this knight. Hopefully the others will move too. I'm trying to drag them out of the attack range of the ballistas.

3oBQKcb.pnge5qmQGR.pngYJsjUdG.png
Yes, everything is moving except for the knight. The ballistas miss, because they suck in this game unlike in FE5.

SymAary.png
Only kill this archer.

PPH8tms.png
Retreating, because I'm very worried about these mages. Most of my units have 0 res. and can't survive two hits.

IwsiD6c.png
AlLCjKZ.pngNoish even gets doubled.

daF94xD.png
aXLakKj.png
FdWidQZ.png
FKV4W4F.png
TVyOuuE.png
tEDSqsw.png
wX8YLYS.png
px2Cd9k.png
9Qb4EAl.png
8uKZ8xL.pngsmTbHR9.pngthanks continue he doesn't get any damage
Xf0pQli.png everything killed - excellent!
However I had to return Azel, because he could die by the ballistas. Aideen could die too, but she has a much better avoid than him.

0dk2Vff.png
Here you see!

V3icjGd.pngYe7AflX.pngPAVh0IV.png
The last enemy on my way towards Clement.

QXJO5MO.png3ZbwcvU.pngFKu19Sb.png3UgwYCM.png
Easiest boss in this game s far. He couldn't even use the sleep stave against me. Silver sword will be repaired in the castle.

JGImzCC.png
The ballistas disappear.

H3EggvF.pngXl6RqWp.png
The final destination in this chapter: Agusty

ZqPsc0B.pngNyGD620.pngOr7eDql.png
Holy shit: 16 (!!!) cavs. and the paladin boss. Looks fun!

However they don't move at once, after you've captured McKill. They only will move all at the same time, if you reach a certain line on this map.

lL0N1Cz.png5v0hThB.png
The boss is problematic, because he has slayer (=horseslayer), which means bad news for the horsies. Effective damage isn't calculated in the attack screen. It activates a critical hit instead.

Fury can talk to Sigurd:
oRV0uvN.pngjcrAawn.pngUINJWaJ.pngMP1xXwU.pngeeyMitr.pnglvrfWaK.png6byGtY8.png
just an info conversation

hiFF1RP.png
After some turns the first enemy cavaliers are in my attack range. I decoy and kill one by one - "sandwich-tactics"

ETxBfba.png
1/17 defeated

3HqVvi0.png3HqVvi0.pngthanks continue
gMq1Ej9.png
EE7yfqb.pngagain continue
4/17 down

NUvcA5d.png
Must move back not to be in the attack range of the boss.

DZZ3TzX.png7I25fdW.png
The bowknights must die first.

w3MuPoY.pngAkwoeuB.png
6/17 down

k6B14pS.png
Thankfully the boss is in the back of this group, so I can move enough spaces back after attacking.

k6B14pS.png
2QyrqRM.png
YvWt2kO.pngnxMt7VV.png
More than the half is down - looks quite good so far!

PMilr3n.png
Must retreat further towards McKil.

xlvOLKN.pngR0vo31y.png

jl19Ees.png
Can kill two more dudes in this turn:

pZUfZIs.png
8uA4Mto.png

YchOczO.png

B44HQYC.png

QpRO11l.pnghI9q4AH.png
Now I'm pressing forward and kill as much as I can (including boss of course).

cLLmZ2h.png8GkOhAX.pngcBJdJiu.png
731xffx.pngqM4RDXi.pngP3hk72s.png
Yes it is, because Jamka critted once! He kills tons of bosses in this chapter. And the best thing: He has the elite ring. Besides Sigurd my best unit so far!

[spoiler=Chapter 2 part 5]
Killing the rest of these cavaliers:
RTokFr0.png6RW9ENk.png
NWvTOH2.png
f9PvCa3.pnga09KeRy.pngso many continues at the right time
CoTqPMi.pngG2u0VBj.png
ovR59O9.pngqbdrMLo.png
Kim9zDE.png
That's it - all the 17 cavaliers defeated without any losses. Took me a while, but with a good balance of aggessivity and turtling it was very managable.

A few turns with idle. I'm moving forward towards Chagall. Only some kinghts with a javelin and ballistas are the only remaining stepping stones.

C7TayQz.pngqwS6pBE.pngsRX0yro.png

vE7tTNA.png
another lover-crit

QG1lYZ9.pngIbCQRq0.png
1Jhzkp3.png Why do I use her? She sucks anyway!
yfvdK6Y.pngnbt5vsF.png
eGj27vw.png
Only four enemies and Chagall are left.

YL6cZUa.pngFMdIKcA.png
LcHhOqJ.png

simRyKn.png
XrWIoWV.png2MSrPOh.png
only Chagall left

Final bosstime in this chapter:
HNLZnUY.pngm8CQhl2.png
great shield activates once

uEvaqhG.pngm8BHLhu.png
miss

oa3T69j.png
another lover-crit with Ethlyn?

7cB37yw.png
unfortunately not

PqiU1R9.png0NVRv4c.pngfzYGY4l.pngL36t4Ls.png
That means another bosskill for Jamka.

1vGLf4b.png
Forgot to visit a village the entire time.

9CAcrpZ.png9rUn01I.png
Dang it! Must I fight him once more?

HcCN4mG.pngox2K2Qh.png
Traitor!

RVht7rO.pngCyw28nt.pngQC5F2hk.pngRTGmTyc.pngTyQ5zmS.pngMFtcsg0.pngd3QnGDD.pngTlWJhQB.png0fwgmbG.png2SkMlmE.png2SkMlmE.png
Prepared for a big clash!

Standings
w0YinMS.png
nrE92DZ.png
Nthof24.png
582gU8i.png
bDDho80.png
CO4VK53.png
bLnaJ4F.png
KKdxo35.png
uHkvMOt.png
igcbPcw.png
K4Mg9cR.png
Nu8MXMO.png
50iW810.png
WYONRCs.png
94hdK1H.png
pQ8z8wM.png
FqCTAmp.png
uB9zmRk.png
6wKMmBe.png
h1QDivr.png
WCwnqfe.png

Heya Mr.IceTea. Would you mind some friendly advise on how to lay out the screenshots in a cleaner way? I feel like there are a lot of points where there's just a big mass of images that clutters up the post, and there are generally cleaner ways of conveying what's going on when you're playing. For example, instead of posting screenshots of all the textboxes in say, Levin's talk with Fury, I'd lay it out like this...

fe4042.png

Levin.pngLevin: Ah, this getup? I’m doing the wandering bard thing. Whaddya think?

Fury.pngFury: Well, it’s fine. But why? I heard Your Highness was being held prisoner in Evans, so I came as fast as I could.

Levin.pngLevin: Me? A prisoner of Evans? Ha! Who would’ve told you that?

Fury.pngFury: King Shagaal of Agusty.

Levin.pngLevin: Ha! Fury, m’girl… you’ve been had! It’s nice of you to be so trustin’, but you wouldn’t last a day in the city! You’d get caught up with the wrong people… end up like Sylvia.

Fury.pngFury: Levin, who’s Sylvia?

Levin.pngLevin: She’s… ah… Nevermind. Anyway, what are you doin’ here again?

Fury.pngFury: Obviously I’m here to take you back to Silesia! It’s been nearly 2 years since you just up and left. Queen Rahna is a complete wreck. Please come back with me.

Levin.pngLevin: If I go back, I have to succumb to the will of my late father and succeed the throne. But my uncles would never have it. One slip up and there’d be mutiny, like there is here. You know who suffers then? The people. Give the throne to somebody who can handle that. I like the freedom I have now. I’ve no use for the crown. Give it to one of my uncles.

Fury.pngFury: You know that Silesian royalty claims direct lineage with the Wind God Holsety. That means you are the only one capable of succession. Only you can preserve the Silesian lineage. And the people wish it of you as well. Levin, the queen was in tears when I left. Please… Sniff… just come back with me.

Levin.pngLevin: Fury, you’re not gonna start cryin’ on me too, are ya? Aghh! Give me a break. I’ve got a soft spot for cryin’ chicks, ya know. Okay. I’ll return once I’ve sorted some stuff out. Just let me rack my brain a bit, okay?

Fury.pngFury: Okay. Then please let me stay with you until you do return. I’ll send word back to that you’re unharmed.

Levin.pngLevin: You just don’t take no for an answer, do ya? Well, I’m gonna hang a bit with Sir Sigurd. We hit it off. And his army’s full of babes! You should get to know the girls… polish up your style a bit.

Fury.pngFury: Er… okay.

Levin.pngLevin: Fury! I’m jokin’! Don’t be so damn gullible. You really are a sweet girl. You put all the other girls to shame. Don’t you change a thing, okay?

Fury.pngFury: Er.. okay. Ah, no I…

Edited by FionordeQuester

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=Chapter 3 part 1]
A little change: I'll show you only the text of the map story and some conversations instead of the images to cut down the number of parts for each chapter.

Map story
After losing Agusty, King Shagaal moved his royal court north to Madino. Keeping his word with Eltshan, Sigurd didn't pursue him.

While the troops rested at Agusty Castle, Sigurd worked to fulfill his promise to Eltshan. He persisted in negotiations aimed to return administrative control back to Silvail. However the directive from Barhara to "maintain a presence", and govern never changed.

In a half year's time, the officials dispatched to Agustria became exceedingly reckless, and began to abuse the power they were entrusted with. The discontent of the Agustrian people slowly began to take root. Before long, a new conflict arose giving Sigurd great cause for invading Madino.

Shagaal had been arranging a military force at Madino poised to challenge Sigurd in an attempt to regain control of the capital of Agustry.

Meanwhile the notorious Orgahill Pirates north of Madino positioned themselves to take advantage of the ensuing chaos.

Sigurd had strict orders from Barhara to hold Agustry Castle at any cost. The ensuing conflict weighed heavily on Sigurd's heart. In addition Eltshan had troops stationed at Silvail Fort southwest of Agustry. The battle on the horizon was gearing up to be a true test of one's friendship and loyality. All of Sigurd's attention was now focussed on the looming threat at the northern reaches of Agustria... one that could very well change the course of history.

5sLuD6h.pnggnus5N4.png577E8pb.pngPJ6INdc.pngeTNAAtX.png
Shagaal is going for vengeance.

WrWkjBY.pngzU8Ec6j.png

The big clash vs. Eltshan is coming up!

VwKaGHv.pngSzg7w3q.pngvxU9dtc.pngtVKEQ5i.pngnoDBcjY.pnguUWflOH.png
This chick will get a problem with these pirates.

RJOlgNG.pnggjEKKDK.pngZ4ASO0I.pngQCM57Zf.png
Three nasty foes at the same time.

A little part of the map
lHhl4lh.png7sTLRfY.png
The first foe is Madino. The enemies consists of knights, mages and ballistas.

S9YgLNU.png0NJ5oxp.png
The boss is hero with max. level and a thunder sword. Nothing special. He has pursuit though.

XtJiZrr.png
East of Madino: a little pack of bow cavaliers and paladins - Also brigands, who want to destroy the villages.

ecyxTsQ.png
East of Agustry: a few knights and a general; all with lances

jDlKJqh.png
West of Agustry: a few cavaliers and a paladin; all with javelins

This means I must defend my home castle at the beginning. I'll split my units into two groups: One group will deal with the armors and the other one will fight the mounted units. Arden and Dew will be left in the castle, because they're unusable (I know that Dew can get some money, but I'm afraid of to lose him).

yIY0FcL.pngDEyLg4X.pngjBad5jA.png
If Holyn talks to Ayra she'll get the hero sword. It's very powerful, has 100 hitrate and has the brave effect. This sword will make her broken!

t12tdpD.png
Ethlyn and Cuan will deal with the armors. Maybe I'll get a few lucky lover-criticals.

t4J0Dex.png
Ayra will decoy these armors. She's in the forest so she should dodge everything.
This group will deal with the armors and bow cavaliers from the north and the cavaliers from the west.

PyXdeAt.png

kkoOyzU.png
Yupp, good job.

(forgot to equip her the hero sword)
eZBVlbg.pngubhREZy.png
Cuan takes lots of damage. The general does 21 damage to him.

The bow cavaliers moved towards me. Now I must kill tons of enemies (again):
KjVBoXb.pngngalZBM.png
I only kill this knight. Jamka will be surrounded by all these enemies. I think, he's going to survive it. His evasion is pretty good and even if they hit, his defense is so good for his class that he will take a few hits.

1UQTH8j.png
using physics on Cuan

tI3Mb1N.pngkzuZUyL.png
another lover-crit

PDrq2M1.pngNPOlIv0.png
one knight less

ZukbT09.pngb3nLx5l.png
Jamka gets hit 1/4

RAvV80H.pngY7XHFsp.png
lTpbJ4C.png
The bow cavaliers try their luck on Holyn and Sigurd. They get hit only once. No unit was in serious danger!

YmHXQt3.png
Midir and Lex take a bit damage by the knights. No big deal!

xDMngXg.png
The brigands are going to destroy the villages. Fury will stop them.

Time to slash these nine enemies:
78yyGcE.png
cNpjvlC.png
cO4XCCJ.png
DdHIZia.png
PNlConF.png
Thankfully Silvia can refresh each ally next to her so I can attack with four more units:

VD1l6Cq.png
aHdxm7h.pngAhhZlSz.png
66qPVIx.png
k4R25TQ.png
OuuEFca.png Even Alec can kill sth.!

The knights:
2uZoYFz.pngC1fqzOt.png
qSy2OGt.png2GWO0w9.png
Only one armor knight is left!

9zhvCt2.png
Fury can kill this brigand in the next turn.

UEcQnuf.png
Two packs of enemies are almost defeated (except for one knight in the east)! Now I must deal with the few cavs. from the west before I'm going to move to Madino.

XXVomay.png
The group of mages move as well. So I've to fight two different groups once more.

Killing the cavaliers from the west:
3K6abUe.png
fJwwQ8v.png
Sb3CsOX.png
CSloWOL.png
7IdWwWY.png Ty for making dancers so broken in this game!
CK6UUZb.pngZFEOZBM.png
Azel and Levin will deal with the mages. Everyone else will move towards Madino.

k1hYd2N.pngk1hYd2N.pngEKfZZnZ.png
This area is cleared up as well. Now chasing with everyone towards north!

TQpyopA.png
Fury's task is to get some money.

kqGuQml.pngfCRdR3V.pnguD6qtV3.png
money and a restore stave

bG0XGgO.png
this group takes a while till she'll reach my party because of the forest

6Az60Z8.png
Jamka decoys the first one.

8MGUo41.png
first one down

hICO8h5.png
Whoops - I forgot that Azel was damaged.

BwT32ZY.png
Damn it! >_>
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Attempt #2

Replayed this turn.
This time Aideen heals Azel with the physics stave.

gGz1bF0.png

FS4rACl.pngtk5UNaZ.png
Better :)

40Qx064.png
Xky2X2Y.png
h6glmLT.png
Only the sage is left. Aideen uses physics on Azel again.

jR61itf.pngxlVvRHp.pngCz1FQnB.png
You can visit the town and get money, even after you've killed the brigand.

The interresting thing with FE4 is that it probably is one of the hardest game to do blind, but once you know what you're doing, it becomes one of the easiest.

Have you already planned your marriage somehow ? Now may be the time to start thinking about it.

[spoiler=Quick Marriage explanation.]

In the first 50 turns of each chapter each (deployed) units gain at least 1 point with each unit of the opposite gender.

Some conversation adds some love growth. too. For example Azel and Midir with Aideen gives 100 point each.

Once they reach 500 point, they become lovers.

[spoiler=Chapter 3 part 2]
Ethlyn is decoying the first knights, who are placed next to Madino's castle:
IZQmwAK.png5zXirQO.pngzcWyRYf.png
Everyone moves towards me!

XikB1ks.png
Azel is still training his weapon level agianst the mages.

GNab9hn.png
The end for the sage.

MhNCxwl.pngORKOed thanks to hero sword (4x12=48)
MQysKfh.png
nwYPZEn.pngiMG9dCa.png
CGt6MQJ.png
F2Vn0AU.pngzWyqFds.png
ogvu1xK.png3e7F5B2.pngKA1FD2a.png
4p4ImC6.pngpt1eqNJ.png
4AVfaGI.png

sUNQT14.png
Only one bow knight and the bishop with fortify survive. Some of my units are in the attack range of the ballistas.

vxjOtyK.png
One of the three ballistas is more powerful and has much better accuracy.

KBT7AUF.png
The last remaining knight.

i88MlVL.pngwf9uVvH.png
Fury continues to save the villages.

u6Pi5Ve.pngiaKaZCg.png

fPbvl4Q.pngbJxqLoO.png
Only the ballistas are left. After I've killed them, I dethrone Jacoban.

B4SOcvJ.png
XdiXmme.png
hr31u3V.pngDvs9zS4.png
No more stepping stone on my way to the boss.

gH65yyo.png

Myl0nEG.png

fLVdoKC.png
Again Ethlyn shows her awesomeness against the bosses.

dK3sqHI.png
Take this light sword!

m5DFPgY.png
Ouch! Noish was behind the castle in the 2 attack range of the boss. Jacoban doubles him, but he survives barely.

BccaRIt.pngfrKvWOG.pngS99Mmw8.png
Ethlyn weakens again and Jamka finishes the job. The bosskillers always are the same protagonists: Sigurd, Ethlyn and Jamka

BJ7nT9a.png
for Lachesis

Sigurd seizes Madino

Oifaye: Sir, we can't find Shagaal anywhere.

Sigurd: Really? Maybe he escaped to Silvail. That's where Eltshan is, anyway. Eltshan's Cross Knights are all that's left of Agustria's military might...

Oifaye: Sir, Father Claude of Edda just arrived.

Sigurd:: What!? Father Claude? Bring him to me at once!

Claude: Sigurd, good to see you. I've come to... wellm I've some horrible news from back home.

Sigurd: What in the world happened?

Claude: Someone murdered Prince Kurth while he was returning from the Isaac campaign.

Sigurd: Somebody what!? Who would do such a thing?

Claude: Well, Lord Byron was always seen at Prince Kurth's side. There's suspicion that your father commited the murder.

Sigurd: That's inconceivable!

Claude:The most prevalent one is that you and Lord Byron conspired to kill the prince. His Majesty's became so overwhelmed by it all that he's fallen terribly ill.

Sigurd: Kurth confided in my father for everything. What could my father gain from his death?! What about the two dukes who opposed the prince, Reptor and Langbart? I'd suspect them. Aagh! I wish I could go straight home, but I have orders from His Majesty to guard this area. Claude what should I do?

Claude: I'm currently on my way to Blagi Tower. It's on the island just northwest of here. I'm of Blagi descent. If I pray at our holy tower, the truth will be revealed to me. I plan to tell His Majesty all my findings. Sir Sigurd, you've nothing to worry about.

Tiltyu: Yo, Claude. Enough of your jabberin'. Let's go movin'. I'm bored outta my wits.

Sigurd: Hey, you're Tiltyu from Freege, right? What are you doing here with Father Claude?

Tiltyu: I can't have him wandering around out here all alone. So I'm pretecting him.

Sigurd:... But you're Duke Reptor's daughter, right?

Tiltyu: Look, all that frightin' stuff's beyond me. Besides, I'm in love with the priest, you see!

Sigurd: I'm at a loss with this child... Well, once I know the truth, I'll rendezvous with your troops.

Claude and Tiltyu are leaving the castle and are going to Biagi Tower. They're not shown on the map (yet).

lJJjsBw.png

JBEKUS9.pngskMOsgX.png
I forgot to mention that Deidre isn't playable in this chapter. She must stay in Agustrian Castle. Not a big loss...

QVSvQl4.png
After Madino is captured, she leaves the castle.

jLOctxf.png
Snap - Manfloy appears. He berserks her and both are teleported off from the map. Means Deidre won't be playable for a longer time...

HBTxIfd.png

wLBB365.png392N69p.pngYgaLJfl.png
wing clipper - it seems to attack the resistance of the opponent and might be effective against flying units (at least peg. knights - referring to wing)

Meanwhile in Silvail:
Q1wSILS.png
Shagaal pays Eltshan a visit.

OqbkUUv.pngGafwNyK.pngPvqVv14.png

qDJqzG6.png6jPqxss.png
Eltshan sends himself and his crossknights out.

Jpj9Y4F.pngMaKiYep.pngkdAvOdt.png
While Shagaal seizes Silvail's throne and sends some knights out.

First promotion:
N9c8m17.pngCUBNydM.pngqTFB3S3.png
Jamka becomes a sniper. The promotion boosts are pretty damn good in this game aside of HP.

You can promote an unit to second tier from level 20-30. Level 30 is the maximum level in this game.

Eltshan
lKOE7dk.pngHIBS2ec.png
Eltshan is the leader of Silvail's crossknights. He's a level 25 paladin. Look at his stats! His mistoltin gives him a massive boost in skill (38!!!) and resistance. Furthermore he has five leadership stars. The crossknights benefit from him. [spoiler=You don't want to fight him]and you don't have to, if Lachesis talks to him.

Also the huge number of crossknights can turn into a massive problem for my units, because they've a much better hitrate because of Eltshan's leadership stars.

I must wait while till the crossknights will reach me:
nCUaHuC.png

HWwFyN5.png
Eltshan always is at the back of this pack.

V3pqK36.pngFnja2uc.png
Step for step taking out one by one. After attacking, they move back so only a few cavs. can attack my units. They all have javelins - very nasty!

otUZewt.png

twrFHE0.pnglS6qnpt.png
Killing one and then riding back. Sigurd is in the attack range of some knights. He could get into serious trouble!

2C0FXVL.pngcSebAHF.pngw8AzrFv.pngnvB1Fbt.png
Even Sigurd isn't invsible against them.

x3WcUrb.pngjSbjjoi.pngdRTp74V.png
No chance

Now my venturous plan:
Killinging as many crossknights as possible and talking to Eltshan with Lachesis.
ab9aMSX.png
LMcBQAH.png
KqRgh4H.png

Lachesis can reach his brother and talk to him:

Lachesis: Eltshan! It's me, your sister!! Please, stop this senseless fighting! You can't fight Sir Sigurd! Is betraying one's friends a part of the honour of being a knight?

Eltshan: If Shaagal is defeated, Agustria will fall as well.

Lachesis: If Shagaal withdrew his troops, Sir Sigurd would also back out of this. Please, talk with King Shagaal. He can't ignore the commander of the cross knights.

Eltshan: ... Okay. I'll give it one more shot. I'd rather risk my life for my friend than this crazy war. That is the way of the knight. Lachesis, this sword is for you.

v42haVN.pngsLxJuQN.png
Lachesis gets the earth sword and Eltshan disappears. Unfortunately it doesn't apply to his crossknights. That means I still must kill them all.

The earth sword is a 2 range magic sword, which absorbs your HP with the HP of the opponent (like runesword). A great sword, but unfortunately it has only 10 uses.

t5XYzoK.pngkIXNxiE.pngQr6ufEj.png1BM245E.pngParURvh.png
Consequently he gets captured.

Now continuing to wreck the crossknights. I think that they shouldn't benefit from the leadership stars anymore.
4fUOEsk.png
ZCbB8x4.pngzzde8T4.png
yq52jSE.pnggm5TqjE.png
[spoiler=Fury has equipped the horseslayer, which doubles her attack power.]A very bad decision

IzG4dO1.pngAnaIH6u.png
Ok, only three crossknights are left.

FU4UXtq.png
Sigurd is safe now so I hope the best for my units!

FU4UXtq.pngz8Yo1mV.pngz7I69gB.png
Oh, COME ON!!! - NOTHING WORKS WELL SO FAR!!!
If she had equipped a lance with less weight, she would have survived...

To be continued with or without her...

The interresting thing with FE4 is that it probably is one of the hardest game to do blind, but once you know what you're doing, it becomes one of the easiest.

Have you already planned your marriage somehow ? Now may be the time to start thinking about it.

Thanks for the detailed explanation!

Already asked a couple of people

• how marriage does work and
  • which pairings are recommended

I've a list about the pairings. Try to implement their suggestions in chapter 4.

Yeah I figured you'd have difficulty with Eltoshan's squad. Levin in a forest does well against them and if you time it right you can get Lachesis to swoop in and speak with her brother while offing the rest of the crossknights with your other units. Refresh with Sylvia for another four attacks if you can.

Regarding pairings, the ones that are recommended for the first playthrough as so

AideenXMidir

AyraXHolyn

LachesisXBeowulf

SylviaXClaude

FuryXLevin

TiltyuXAzel

BriggidXDew

These pairings are certainly not bad and you could do a lot with them. To pair units have them stand next to each other for a very long time, turn after turn, kind of like building supports. The best pairings in the game however are below

AideenXMidir

AyraXNoish

LachesisXBeowulf

SylviaXDeath(her subs are better)

FuryXClaude/Azel, if you want to pass the valk staff and have a decent healer, go with Claude, if you want a stronger safe than go with Azel.

TiltyuXLevin

BriggidXHolyn