For those interested in PvP

In other words, people will hack their stats.

Oh well… I had no interest in PvP anyways… actually, I'm baffled over so many people focusing on it rather than in game considerations.

We don't even have an Apotheosis level map yet to make us focus more on stuff like max stat caps rather than 20/20 stats with growth rates.

You might experience this

I remember seeing forged Imhullus and Auras in Shadow Dragon PvP. I still manage to beat some hacked teams because I threw Starlight on Catria and would make her perform a triangle attack on hacked sorcerers.

That Hinata has crazy and ridiculous stats. Looks like I'll have to request matches on this forum to avoid hackers.

Imhullu was an enemy only weapon that made its user invulnerable to every attack unless it came from the starlight tome. I used just stick a Paladin on the gate and spam gradivus heals every turn and time them out.

Looks like Hinata unlocked his true final form

Oh well… I had no interest in PvP anyways… actually, I'm baffled over so many people focusing on it rather than in game considerations.

A couple reasons why:

1. Competitive multiplayer is a concept that many people enjoy, and the prospect of having one with gameplay that isn't barebones like Shadow Dragon is exciting (provided we find ways to keep it somewhat balanced)

2. Most of us here don't have the game so there isn't much to think about in terms of in game considerations. Whereas PvP theorycrafting is definitely possible

Also lol what's with that Demonic Ganglari and its glitchy "durability"

Edited by Bovinian

Looks like it's been forged to +63

Ah. I've never actually seen what a forged weapon looks like in this game.

The funny thing is, aside from the godly Atk/Hit/Crit, he still only has 92 avoid and is locked to a 1 range weapon, so he can be easily killed from 2 range by a normal unit lol

Ah. I've never actually seen what a forged weapon looks like in this game.

The funny thing is, aside from the godly Atk/Hit/Crit, he still only has 92 avoid and is locked to a 1 range weapon, so he can be easily killed from 2 range by a normal unit lol

I noticed that too! I think there will be ways to get around hacked units. I mean I did with my partially max stat units in Shadow Dragon. I can see why Kunais, Poison skills (like Snake Venom, Four Fangs, etc.) and bows will be useful in PvP.

Besides if you run into an impossible to beat, hacked team, you can blacklist that user.

Most likely I'll be blacklisting a ton of other players, haha.

Edited by Leif

Well, I have no intention to truly do PVP, but holy crap, if someone managed to recruit those kind of units...

Demonic Ganglari +63 ? WTF ?

I'm extremely hyped for the endless possibilities that PvP brings yo the series! Do I think this iteration is what it should be? No, but it is solid and a great starting point (as to consider the poor job SD did a full PvP mode is a joke in itself.) I've got several plans for different builds and have even created what I think might be the single greatest strategy, albeit pretty cheesy.

A bit unrelated, but what is the other item that Hinata has? Some golden shield?

It's the Battle Emblem item, which increases Str/Mag/Skl/Spd by +2 each (while in possession)

Edited by Bovinian

You can only get one of those items normally right?

Even if you don't, the item itself isn't really that broken. The +63 Demonic Ganglari is the real issue. Using up one item slot for that boost seems fair. After all, having 4 item slots would mean no back up weapon when the weapon triangle fails you(especially for a reverse weapon), then you have to take into account 1-2 range weapons, and a whole slew of other options. I'd rather run three different swords, the consumable item that raises all stats by 2, and maybe that item(but probably something like an elixir.)

Even if you don't, the item itself isn't really that broken. The +63 Demonic Ganglari is the real issue. Using up one item slot for that boost seems fair. After all, having 4 item slots would mean no back up weapon when the weapon triangle fails you(especially for a reverse weapon), then you have to take into account 1-2 range weapons, and a whole slew of other options. I'd rather run three different swords, the consumable item that raises all stats by 2, and maybe that item(but probably something like an elixir.)

Also gotta reserve some item slots for expendable Golden Coins amirite

Anyway, is there a tome or ability or something like Dark Tome Luna in the previous FE games. Go through defenses fully?

The tome hasn't been in the games since Sacred Stones on GBA. However, there is a skill called Luna, which Great Knights can acquire at Level 5. The skill doesn't cut through Defense completely, but cuts through half of it. If the unit has a magical weapon equipped, it cuts half the target's Resistance instead.

Edited by Karaszure