Skillsets for Lon'qu and Stahl

~Silver

So, currently I have Lon'qu (Assassin) with Swordfaire, Lancebreaker, Limit Breaker, and Lethality. (Should I ever enter a chapter that has a unit that nullifies Lethality, I'm comfortable with switching that to Astra) My question is: What should his final skill be? I know I have some options, such as Movement +1 and Acrobat, but... meh. I'm not really sure.

And then I have Stahl (Great Knight) with Limit Breaker, Bowbreaker, Hit Rate +20, Resistance +10 (I do this because Stahl's Resistance doesn't have a very satisfying cap, and I plan on using him very offensively) and Luna. My question is: I'm hesitant about Bowbreaker, because... bows. I don't really consider bows the highest threat among things, so... should I swap it out for something? Granted he doesn't have TOO many options, skill-wise, so...

So my question is: Final skill for ol' Lon-Lon, and should I swap Bowbreaker on Stahl for something else?

Generally speaking, Lethality doesn't activate quite as often as Astra (1/4 of skill compared to 1/2 of skill), and if utilized correctly (Critical Forged Killing Edge or Sol Katti), Astra can do 7.5 the damage a normal attack would have done. The only scenarios that such would not kill an enemy unit would be against Knight, Cavalier, and Wyvern Rider promotions. Though even factoring out Critical Astra, Astra generally activates more often than Lethality, even if the latter does instant kill.

All Stat +2 can be used if you ever decided to use Strength +2, though the increase generally might not be worth the skill slot compared to Limit Breaker.

Lon'qu can make good use of Lucky Seven (Trickster) on maps where a maps worst threats can be dealt with before turn 7, though I don't know if such would include Apothesis.

Movement +1 gives Lon'qu movement equal to a Pegasus Rider, Cavalier, or Wyvern Rider, which might be good on larger maps such as Garden of Giants, Apothesis, or Grima if you need Lon'qu on enemy cleaning, though his inability to learn Galeforce does mean he can't defeat one enemy and retreat (only his kids). If you considered move+1 though, you probably should have considered Deliverer first, because why would you not have all of your units paired up?

Acrobat shouldn't be needed, as Lon'qu will generally want to remain in forts and woods due to his low defensive ability as an Assassin and in general.

Pass should be considered if you have Lon'qu using bows.

One skill to consider is Aggressor, since that gives Lon'qu +10 attack on his turn, which can spell deadly when trying to utilize Critical Astra.

...okay that's Lon'qu. Stahl is going to be a bit weirder...

You might want to consider Aegis, as it can cut Tome damage in half. While it doesn't save you from Bolt Axe, Shockstick, and Levin Sword attacks, those only pop up against very specific sets of opponents (Tricksters, War Priests/Clerics, MAYBE Dark Fliers or Healer Falcon Knights), whereas Sages, Sorcerers, Valkyries, and Dark Knights will appear much more often. Though if you leave Stahl as a Great Knight, it might not activate often...

The only danger a Bow would present to a wall like Great knight is if the wielder has a skill like Luna/Luna+, Lethality, or Vengeance, otherwise Bow users are just not powerful enough to deal much damage to a Great Knight under normal circumstances.

As a side note, Luna should be best utilized on maps with large numbers of high defense units, whereas Astra may see use on maps with... well not all that many armored units.

Finally, Aggressor can still be utilized. Though it doesn't give Stahl must counter-attacking use, it does make him quite deadly on the Player Phase.

Pass should be considered if you have Lon'qu using bows.

Which, I suppose in certain situations, I will, so Pass it is.

For Stahl, I don't feel like wasting limited Second Seals to get a "decent" skill, so I think I'll pick up Dual Guard+. Having Panne as a wife for him, (who's staying in the Taguel class) she can be rather fragile, so I suspect that a slightly higher chance to negate any attack will be grateful.

Which, I suppose in certain situations, I will, so Pass it is.

For Stahl, I don't feel like wasting limited Second Seals to get a "decent" skill, so I think I'll pick up Dual Guard+. Having Panne as a wife for him, (who's staying in the Taguel class) she can be rather fragile, so I suspect that a slightly higher chance to negate any attack will be grateful.

Do remember that Second Seals CAN be bought in infinite quantities from shops as soon as chapter 14 is unlocked. Plus, Golden Gaffe with units possessing Despoil can add up quickly, and the funds can easily be used to buy extra Silver weapons for even MORE Golden Gaffe runs. All you would need to do is make sure Auto Attack is set to Blitz. Though I will admit that the training does become tedious after a good long while.

Dual Guard+ is a good skill to carry though, especially when pitting Panne against Strengthy units due to Great Knights high defense stat. A shame that neither Panne or Stahl can learn Dual Attack+ or Dual Support+...

Do remember that Second Seals CAN be bought in infinite quantities from shops as soon as chapter 14 is unlocked. Plus, Golden Gaffe with units possessing Despoil can add up quickly, and the funds can easily be used to buy extra Silver weapons for even MORE Golden Gaffe runs. All you would need to do is make sure Auto Attack is set to Blitz. Though I will admit that the training does become tedious after a good long while.

Dual Guard+ is a good skill to carry though, especially when pitting Panne against Strengthy units due to Great Knights high defense stat. A shame that neither Panne or Stahl can learn Dual Attack+ or Dual Support+...

I've decided I'm going to ultra-tryhard and not progress any chapters until all my units are in tip-top shape. So when I reach Chapter 6 (Maribelle and Ricken, right?) I'll have to... "ultra-tryhard" them, and then only will I progress.

I've been using the DLC levels to get Second Seals. Tedious, but it works.

And I've never... used Auto Attack... not sure how it works.

Chapter 6 = Gaius and Panne, Maribelle and Ricken = Chapter 5.

Auto attack basically just makes your units move and do stuff on their own. It's good for Golden Gaffe providing they can survive, but if you're grinding for exp (on EXPoniental growth at least) I wouldn't recommend it as auto battle mode units don't know what skills are, and thus will 1-range counter units and stuff.

Chapter 6 = Gaius and Panne, Maribelle and Ricken = Chapter 5.

Auto attack basically just makes your units move and do stuff on their own. It's good for Golden Gaffe providing they can survive, but if you're grinding for exp (on EXPoniental growth at least) I wouldn't recommend it as auto battle mode units don't know what skills are, and thus will 1-range counter units and stuff.

Alright then, thank you!

...I just realized half my units have Lancebreaker.

That seems like it could pose a problem at Wellspring of Truth if you don't have literally any weak units to act as filler (aside from Spotpass and the occasional person who doesn't properly set up a streetpass team), though such a challenge DOES seem kinda fun if not insanity inflicting...

That seems like it could pose a problem at Wellspring of Truth if you don't have literally any weak units to act as filler (aside from Spotpass and the occasional person who doesn't properly set up a streetpass team), though such a challenge DOES seem kinda fun if not insanity inflicting...

The thing with the Wellspring of Truth is that you have pairup and support bonuses while your enemy does not. No matter what you have a pretty important advantage.

The thing with the Wellspring of Truth is that you have pairup and support bonuses while your enemy does not. No matter what you have a pretty important advantage.

True true, though Wellspring is the only place in the entire game, Streetpass battles aside, where enemy units can pack Lethality, also enemy Manaketes/Taguel.