PuffPuff

Phoenix Mode  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• Good
    • Bad
    • I Don't Care

http://fireemblem.wikia.com/wiki/Phoenix_Mode

After reading and hearing about...I'd have to say that this is good for younger audiences to enjoy this game. What do you think of it? :)

Voted Good of course. :D

Edited by Princess_Florina

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bad.

I know veterans can just ignore it and all that jazz, but there has to be a point this stuff needs to stop - the "it's for new players" excuse holds up until a certain point, then it becomes borderline laughable.

I say it's good. Honestly I'm so bad that I lost units pretty regularly on Normal/Casual in Awakening if that affects anything. I think it's great for people who have never played SRPGs and want to start out. I'll probably be sticking to Casual myself, though.

And anyway it's only available on Normal so anyone who wants to go Hard or Lunatic won't be affected by it.

It may not be for everyone, but there is NOTHING wrong with a very easy mode feature, especially for those who just aren't good at Fire Emblem yet they want to experience the story. There's no reason to hate this mode, it's not mandatory, and it may help others.

Bad.

I know veterans can just ignore it and all that jazz, but there has to be a point this stuff needs to stop - the "it's for new players" excuse holds up until a certain point, then it becomes borderline laughable.

You wouldn't say the reason that the series sold poorly for a long time!

...And to why that casual exists now, because people have been getting scared of losing their characters.

It may not be for everyone, but there is NOTHING wrong with a very easy mode feature, especially for those who just aren't good at Fire Emblem yet they want to experience the story. There's no reason to hate this mode, it's not mandatory, and it may help others.

^

Especially since were getting newer audiences by the minute!

If there are people who would rather play Fates this way, then it's good for them. The new mechanics make this game trickier than Awakening, if anything, so it can save newcomers some headaches if they just want to play for the story.

I say it's good. Honestly I'm so bad that I lost units pretty regularly on Normal/Casual in Awakening if that affects anything. I think it's great for people who have never played SRPGs and want to start out. I'll probably be sticking to Casual myself, though.

And anyway it's only available on Normal so anyone who wants to go Hard or Lunatic won't be affected by it.

I don't have anything against people who decide to play on Phoenix, but let's be honest here, Phoenix mode will not actually be helping those people get into the SRPG genre since there is barely any thinking involved. It's just letting those people play this particular game as if it were a VN with some interactive action elements. People who want to properly get into the genre would be better off starting on Casual at least.

I don't understand it. Although Fates is more technically demanding than ever, it's hard for me to imagine what someone could find so challenging that Normal Casual isn't enough to keep things manageable, especially with the option of grinding. But if there really are people finding the game more accessible as a result, I can't exactly complain.

I don't understand it. Although Fates is more technically demanding than ever, it's hard for me to imagine what someone could find so challenging that Normal Casual isn't enough to keep things manageable, especially with the option of grinding. But if there really are people finding the game more accessible as a result, I can't exactly complain.

never doubt how awful at videogames someone can be.

DarkSydePhil is the prime example of this

Honestly, I see nothing wrong, seriously what's wrong with a very easy feature?

Not everyone is going to understand the mechanics at first, so what's wrong with helping them?

Why are people are taking it as a personal offense?

I'd say I'm in total awe that they needed to make this a thing, but then I remember how much my older sister struggled with Normal/Casual Awakening.

I'm sure she could of been decent if she actually payed attention to what she was doing, but with the varied map objectives and such, and I can definitely see her losing on Pheonix.

My opinion is "Eh, whatever..." While I personally don't think it's a very necessary thing to add, Phoenix mode is still the least of my concerns regarding this game's implementations (although most of my negative impressions are not strictly tied to the gameplay aspect).

My opinion on phoenix is sort of in the middle with a slight lean towards "good". Phoenix seems unnecessary to us because we've played FE a ton, to newcomers that aren't used to strategy, this could be really helpful for them to get in. And it's not like people WON'T play harder difficulties, most will. Whether it's indirect peer pressure or a desire for a challenge, a good amount of people will move on to higher ones, especially once they become more comfortable with the game and become less scared. But I can see why people say the mode is bad though.

Also, the poll should probably include a "I don't care" option because that probably represents a large group.

My opinion on phoenix is sort of in the middle with a slight lean towards "good". Phoenix seems unnecessary to us because we've played FE a ton, to newcomers that aren't used to strategy, this could be really helpful for them to get in. And it's not like people WON'T play harder difficulties, most will. Whether it's indirect peer pressure or a desire for a challenge, a good amount of people will move on to higher ones, especially once they become more comfortable with the game and become less scared. But I can see why people say the mode is bad though.

Also, the poll should probably include a "I don't care" option because that probably represents a large group.

Done!

Don't really care

IS can make the easiest mode a literal press to win button and I won't give a fuck as long as I get a good solid Lunatic out of it

if they took Normal Phoenix and labelled THAT Lunatic and sold it to me then I'd have a problem

Edited by Thor Odinson

There are some games that include cheat codes or a cheating console (PC version of TESIV:Oblivion and TESV:Skyrim).

So I don't think that should matter much... It's your choice... It isn't like the other harder options were removed.

Edited by Naughx

I don't care, personally, since I won't be using it, but I do find the concept rather absurd. I mean, who's that bad?

Perhaps it would make some of the harder difficulties of Fates easier to bear. My impression is that Pheonix mode is listed with Classic, and Casual, rather than the difficulty levels of the game.

In Lunatic mode, the ability to resurrect in-battle may allow average players to complete those chapters. And who knows, maybe there will be a difficulty level in the future that forces players to ABUSE pheonix mode! :P