Phoenix Mode

PuffPuff

Phoenix Mode  

171 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of it?

• Good
    • Bad
    • I Don't Care

Given that Nohr is advertised as harder, it's hard to see why someone with such a desire for an easy game as to play Phoenix Mode would start with it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Given that Nohr is advertised as harder, it's hard to see why someone with such a desire for an easy game as to play Phoenix Mode would start with it.

Which is... exactly what I said?

I wish people that argue on censorship, rating, and generally what they're arguing against casualization actually research what they're talking about.

Honestly asking, do people arguing actually play games besides Fire Emblem, because the answer against Phoenix Mode seems no.

I honestly want to know how you were going to follow that. Enlighten me, what do you know we don't and how is having played other games a factor in this discussion?

Truth be told, I talk lengths about casualization exactly because I've played plenty of other games where it's a transparent presence.

Edited by cloudropis

I get what the mode is trying to achieve, but perhaps a bit misguidedly. I'm convinced there'd be ways to create super easy difficulties while still maintaining the essence of the game.

I voted bad. I don't have any strong feelings about the mode though, it's a very minor thing in the grand scheme of things.

I like it. Actually, the things I heard about the Nohr route started to let me really think about using the Phoenix Mode~ I know, that I'd lose all my units in the first battle in the classic mode because I am 'not very good' in Fire Emblem. I really like the idea ^^~

^ But, casual?? You wouldn't lose them then. :\

The thing about Casual mode (and probably the sole internal justification for Phoenix mode) is that while you don't lose your units, they do lose any exp they might have accumulated during the map. So, a particularly poor or reckless player could be capable of painting themselves into a corner unless they do a bunch of grinding.

In a way Phoenix mode reminds me of Freedom Planet's Casual difficulty, where you practically have to make an effort to lose a life in order to do so. That's a different game in a different context, though.

Edited by Tamarsamar

• 3 weeks later...

Now I why that we have Phoenix Mode. Since this game's classic mode is not for everybody and don't recommend playing it unless you've played other games. This game's mechanics itself is telling me that it is meant to be a harder game than anything else.

[spoiler=Chapter 19]Ch19

Upon the fox tribe, for some reason, you can't even attack them unless they do so first. I mean WTF?! :wtf: They don't have anything to negate attacks which is what it seems.

Edited by eclipse
Thanks for spoiling part of the gameplay

Now I why that we have Phoenix Mode. Since this game's classic mode is not for everybody and don't recommend playing it unless you've played other games. This game's mechanics itself is telling me that it is meant to be a harder game than anything else.

[spoiler=Chapter 19]Ch19

Upon the fox tribe, for some reason, you can't even attack them unless they do so first. I mean WTF?! :wtf: They don't have anything to negate attacks which is what it seems.

*Necro necro*

they can't attack/be attacked on certain turns. you'll know it is active if they have a leaf on their sprites.

Edited by eclipse

*Necro necro*

they can't attack/be attacked on certain turns. you'll know it is active if they have a leaf on their sprites.

*Giggle*

The code of conduct says 1 month. It hasn't been that long.

Annnyway...

It will suck if Nishiki and Kinu don't get this in your Hoshido/Invisible Kingdom party.

Edited by eclipse

*Giggle*

The code of conduct says 1 month. It hasn't been that long.

Annnyway...

It will suck if Nishiki and Kinu don't get this in your Hoshido/Invisible Kingdom party.

nope =\ Enemy only mechanics, yay

Hey, the two of you above me - that's gameplay spoilers.

EDIT: Also don't mini-mod, or generally make life a pain in the neck for the rest of the mods.

EDIT2: Or derail the topic.

Edited by eclipse