Skills to change

NekoKnight

Oh my goodness yes. Bow Knights in particular are a snoozefest.

"Congratulations, you reached level 15, now Garon's army of maids will have a harder time attacking you!"

Kunai Breaker is actually a life saver on the chapter on Lunatic where every enemy with a debuff has Negative Chain otherwise the mutliple Elite Ninja debuff your units into oblivion.

Kunai Breaker is actually a life saver on the chapter on Lunatic where every enemy with a debuff has Negative Chain otherwise the mutliple Elite Ninja debuff your units into oblivion.

I'm not calling it a bad skill, I'm calling it boring, just like Rally Skill. I wish Bow Knights' skills were a tad more exciting.

Kunaibreaker is a fantastic skill and works great on Bow Knights. But yes, Rally Skill really should go. They knew not to bother with a Skill Seal; why couldn't they realize that it'd be best to drop Rally Skill?

No they aren't, a single player game isn't going to balance its features for a tacked on multiplayer, sorry. FE and Balance are 2 words that never have gone together.

Uh... This isn't Shadow Dragon. PvP wasn't just smacked on top. They even have taken the time to make a community and custom rules for PvP. Also, The PvP has changed a lot of this game. Weapon Penalties make 10x more sense with PvP in mind. The adjustment to age old skills makes more sense if you consider PvP. The focus on player phase attacking makes 10x more sense with PvP in mind. This game has obviously been made with PvP in mind cause many of the core mechanics were changed to fit a PvP setting.

EDIT: You can even say that the way that PvP has changed single player is for the better. It's not always about being stronger than the computer, it's about being smarter with weapon penalties, player phase focus, and skills being adjusted to fit their intended purpose without being broken.

Edited by Psyruby

I'd be happy to see all the Rally skills gone. Not all skills are going to be equal but everyone should get something interesting for their first promoted skill. Compare Rally Skill to Sol or Rally Defense to Deadly Breath. The latter skills' worth is immediately recognizable and makes you look forward to unlocking them. I've never been excited about getting a Rally skill.

For defender, I would change it from giving +1 to every stat to giving +3 Def/Res

I think the idea behind Defender is it makes the frontline unit more powerful with the intent of defending the supporting unit (not that they need defending when they are invincible in the back anyway...). So it would actually make more sense for the offensive stats to be boosted imo.

I'd be happy to see all the Rally skills gone. Not all skills are going to be equal but everyone should get something interesting for their first promoted skill. Compare Rally Skill to Sol or Rally Defense to Deadly Breath. The latter skills' worth is immediately recognizable and makes you look forward to unlocking them. I've never been excited about getting a Rally skill.

Rally skills are pretty great when playing Lunatic mode (well except for Rally Luck and Rally Skill), as you need all the help you can get to handle the powerful enemies. Sure they aren't as interesting as other skills. but they're still useful, though not as much on lower difficulties

I find things like Rescue, shove and etc whcich were pre-FE mechanics really pointless in taking up a slot. I'd aether get rid of them completely or actually make it a trait for xertain classes. Don't make Rescue a skill, make it an all time thing you can do with all horse mount units.
I find a bunch of other skill things pointless. I'd remove 1/3 of the skills. It seems overwhelming with these amount of skills, but not even all of them are used, you have to make the player want to use it for the benefit of the class or unit.

Rescue is pretty useful now considering there are no more stat penalties and you actually get stat bonuses for pairing up. I think it's worthy of a skill. I wish Shove was on all non-mounted characters and Canto on all mounted characters.

Rally Defense, Rally Speed, and other actually relevant ones are plenty interesting and lead to great strategy. It's just that Rally Skill and Rally Luck are trivial, and even that's just because of long-standing flaws with the Skill and Luck stats.

If you've never been excited about getting a Rally skill, you've never used Rally Speed.

Edited by Othin

Rally Defense, Rally Speed, and other actually relevant ones are plenty interesting and lead to great strategy. It's just that Rally Skill and Rally Luck are trivial, and even that's just because of long-standing flaws with the Skill and Luck stats.

If you've never been excited about getting a Rally skill, you've never used Rally Speed.

Yeah, for my weighted stat equation, 2.5 Skill and Luck = 1 (Str/Mag)/Spd pretty much.