Dragon Quest XI Announced for PS4, 3DS,... NX?!

The DanMan

Dragon Quest was a great series, from what I played on it. I'm just curious what route they're gonna go down- Dragon Quest 8, 9, or 10?

Welp, it's been announced. It's coming to PS4 and 3DS, as well as the NX.

PS4 has straight HD visuals, while the 3DS has cutesy chibi style on top and 2d SNES-style graphics on the bottom.

Square plans to release it in time for the 30th anniversary of the series.

Now, this just raises questions about the NX: it seems like the Foxconn production rumors are true, if the game is going to release on NX (or it's one hell of a delayed port). Which just begs the question: is the NX actually not inferior to the PS4 and getting a straight port of that, or is it the 3DS successor and getting an enhanced port of that version?

It's not like the PS4 version's graphics are bleedin' edge MGS5 level of ultra-realistic graphics. NX or even the Wii U, I'm certain, wouldn't need to really push themselves to render the game.

That said, both versions are looking pretty amazing and it's nice that they're doing three different graphical styles for the game. Too bad we'll never get it, though.

I wouldn't jump on the "NX is coming out next year" train with this news, because IGN's article on the news updated, saying that Square Enix said that the games are under CONSIDERATION for the NX. No article I've seen has even said that the games would come out for the NX next year, just that the games were for the NX (before SE made the consideration statement).

I don't think the NX is coming out next year, anyways. It needs to be announced at an E3, and that's only one month away from the supposed release date. That's too short of a wait between a console announcement and release. The Wii U just picked up steam with Mario Kart, Smash, and Splatoon, too, so I doubt it will end earlier than five years (which is how long Nintendo's consoles usually last, if not more) over being a "failure".

Sorry I have nothing to say on Dragon Quest and instead only the NX

^Just checked another article and they updated with that info. Nice backpedaling there, Square.

And on a side note, the protagonist is Future Trunks.

Edited by The DanMan

Okay. sure why not ? I personally think DQ is over, but I'm not complaining.

Will it be a MMO ?

Nope. Single player experience. It's the thirtieth anniversary and the previous game is still going strong, they aren't gonna make an MMO under those circumstances.

Especially since X is allegedly getting a port to the NX too.

• 2 weeks later...

We haven't even gotten DQ 10 over here. and the remakes of DQ 7 and 8 skipped American 3DS (m-my childhood Q_Q). I think it's safe to say whatever systems it comes out on, it ain't comin to America unless its a launch title

I made a topic asking about Dragon Quest. I tried to play it...but the Dragon Ball artwork hurt so much so I gave up on it.

Not a fan of Toriyama too, eh ? Hopefully, the gameplay and story will make you come back.

We got a scrap load of new screenshots from Siliconera.

The console version looks very pretty

Indeed it's beautiful ! And this game is supposed to come out in the normal 3DS. *happy sigh*

I don't know which style I should choose both are so awesome. :-(