Favorite pairing for the fathers - Part 1: Saizou, Tsukuyomi, Kaze, Subaki, and Jakob

Morgan

Favorite Pairing for the Character - Part 1: Saizou, Tsukuyomi, Kaze, Subaki, and Jakob  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite partner for Saizou

• Felicia
    • Kagerou
    • Sakura
    • Azura
    • Setsuna
    • Charlotte
    • Rinkah
    • F!Kamui
    • Belka
    • Hana
    • Orochi
    • Hinoka
    • Oboro
    • Mozume
    • Ryoma (gotta have it mentioned)
    • Kaze (for those people)
  2. 2. Favorite partner for Tsukuyomi

• F!Kamui
    • Kagerou
    • Hinoka
    • Setsuna
    • Oboro
    • Sakura
    • Nyx
    • Hana
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Azura
    • Felicia
    • Mozume
    • Effie
  3. 3. Favorite partner for Kaze

• Saizou (right at the too)
    • F!Kamui
    • Felicia
    • Azura
    • Mozume
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Setsuna
    • Sakura
    • Hinoka
    • Orochi
    • Rinkah
    • Hana
    • Effie
    • Pieri
    • Belka
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Charlotte
    • M!Kamui (*sweats nervously*)
    • Camilla
    • Elise
  4. 4. Favorite pairing for Subaki

• F!Kamui
    • Luna
    • Hinoka
    • Orochi
    • Kagerou
    • Oboro
    • Felicia
    • Azura
    • Hana
    • Sakura
    • Rinkah
    • Setsuna
    • Mozume
    • Nyx
    • Zero (he's bi so never say never)
  5. 5. Favorite partner for Jakob

• F!Kamui
    • Felicia
    • Kagerou
    • Azura
    • Mozume
    • Hinoka
    • Setsuna
    • Sakura
    • Hana
    • Oboro
    • Rinkah
    • Luna
    • Nyx
    • Pieri
    • Belka
    • Effie
    • Elise
    • Camilla
    • Orochi
    • Charlotte
    • Flora (our hopes just melted away i guess)

Whether it be for Love or for Stats, most of us have a favorite pairing for certain characters. I made this poll to find which ones are the most popular in terms of supports and mods. Whichever you prefer, please vote and contribute your thoughts! Thanks and I hope this will be a fun series! :)

Saizou: Orochi. Saizou and Grey have insane MAG growth and I just love the idea of making them a family of Exorcists.

Tsukuyomi: Orochi again. Shara REALLY wants Orochi for her mother to boost that awful SKL and keep her MAG high. (Second choice: Oboro.)

Kaze: Effie. She makes Midoriko a beast.

Subaki: Setsuna. She counters Subaki's low SPD and RES, and her lower offensive stats can be compensated for by Matoi's passive.

Jakob: Nyx. I like a magical Dia/Deere, for one thing. For another, they're two of my favorite characters, and I like to pair up characters I like so I can have them Battle Couple it up together :3

I voted Flora for Jakob... I mean, the girl does so much. She deserves to at least get her crush requited, y'know? And I find their relationship much more plausible than Jakob's other prospects. A lot of Jakob's supports, as people have pointed out, have antagonistic A-C supports where Jakob is a dick, and an S support where the girl suddenly falls head-over-heels for him. It's a bit unbelievable that someone would fall for him after three discussions, but Flora has worked with Jakob and seen more sides of him than most people have. I can imagine her falling for him (and vice versa).

If Oboro can marry Takumi, then why can't Flora marry Jakob? Screw the unrequited love trope. :(

That Luna vote is so ridiculous there supports are not that great.

Hinoka x Tsubaki is more endearing in support so this

Saizou x Kagerou is good

Tsukuyomi x Orochi big age difference but makes a good syalla

Jakob x Charlotte funny supports makes a monster Deere

Kaze x Azura/Felicia

Edited by MatoiFalconWing

You know, I kind of agree.

I find the idea of referencing Cordelia in Luna and Tsubaki's supports a nice idea in principle, but looking at the script it just feels like they overdid it, bringing it to dominate both the Luna x Tsubaki support and the Luna x Matoi support.

I like the idea, but not necessarily the way they executed said idea.

I'll agree with you that I like the Hinoka x Tsubaki support more.

I find the idea of referencing Cordelia in Luna and Tsubaki's supports a nice idea in principle, but looking at the script it just feels like they overdid it, bringing it to dominate both the Luna x Tsubaki support and the Luna x Matoi support.

IKR? Thanks Tsubaki and hinoka has a lot of history plus the last two lines of their S support is just... :' -( best otp in fates! Edited by MatoiFalconWing

Really, on the account of both that and also a skills/stats/stat growth issue, I would heavily prefer Hinoka!Matoi.

There's only one real extenuating circumstance that might lead me to consider occasionally going for Luna!Matoi, and that would be availability in a no-grind run; Luna joins at the end of Ch. 12, while Hinoka has to wait until Ch. 16. Since supports tend to take 1-2 battles to build up per rank (for a fast support vs. a regular support), we're talking about a case where Hinoka!Matoi might not be available until around Ch. 24 if its a normal speed support (4 ranks x 2 battles per rank), or Ch. 20 if its a fast support, before considering the effects of other children paralogues (which will give a few more battles leeway).

Whereas Luna!Matoi might be around Ch. 20 or so, again before considering paralogues that may let her come earlier by giving her parents more time to build support. This would then give me more time to build support with Matoi and marry her by the end of the game.

But, obviously, this argument loses its weight if we remove the "no-grind" restriction, as then with purchasable random battles and any generated encounters (if they exist) you'd have unlimited time to build up the Hinoka x Tsubaki support.

And since no-grind is an arbitrary self-imposed restriction, Hinoka!Matoi would be easy to get and then to get married to as long as I wasn't doing a no-grind challenge run.

I probably will just fight some random battles or encounters to bring Hinoka and Tsubaki up to speed with their supports.

Really, on the account of both that and also a skills/stats/stat growth issue, I would heavily prefer Hinoka!Matoi.

There's only one real extenuating circumstance that might lead me to consider occasionally going for Luna!Matoi, and that would be availability in a no-grind run; Luna joins at the end of Ch. 12, while Hinoka has to wait until Ch. 16. Since supports tend to take 1-2 battles to build up per rank (for a fast support vs. a regular support), we're talking about a case where Hinoka!Matoi might not be available until around Ch. 24 if its a normal speed support (4 ranks x 2 battles per rank), or Ch. 20 if its a fast support, before considering the effects of other children paralogues (which will give a few more battles leeway).

Whereas Luna!Matoi might be around Ch. 20 or so, again before considering paralogues that may let her come earlier by giving her parents more time to build support. This would then give me more time to build support with Matoi and marry her by the end of the game.

But, obviously, this argument loses its weight if we remove the "no-grind" restriction, as then with purchasable random battles and any generated encounters (if they exist) you'd have unlimited time to build up the Hinoka x Tsubaki support.

And since no-grind is an arbitrary self-imposed restriction, Hinoka!Matoi would be easy to get and then to get married to as long as I wasn't doing a no-grind challenge run.

I probably will just fight some random battles or encounters to bring Hinoka and Tsubaki up to speed with their supports.

yeah you should do that and trust me it'll all be worth it!

Honestly, I don't really have a preference for most, but I really like Subaki x Luna.

I normally pair up units on either hair color or if they look nice together. And Luna gives Matoi her canon hair color(?)! I never mind classes or stats, because I always adjust to whatever state they're currently in. I rather enjoy reading their supports together.

Tsukuyomi x Nyx is a nice one too! Nyx gives a black hair color for Syalla, and Dark Mage!

Well:

I voted Belka for Saizou.They are both assassins and their supports were really cute.

I voted Nyx for Tsukuyomi.I was gonna vote Sakura but then I read Leo x Sakura supports and well yeah.

For Kaze I said M!Kamui cause Kaze is a sexy peice of man that I wish was the bi option cause OMG he is just hhhhrrrgggg

For Subaki I said Luna.Not cause of their supports but simply because I want a paradox.(Was gonna say Zero but Zero is mine)

For Jakob I said Azura cause why not

Edited by Azz01

Saizou…. without regard to stat, Kagerou, due to shared backstory

Tsukuyomi…. Nyx, I guess… haven't read their supports, but it should yield a black haired Syalla and Nyx has way better speed than does Orochi.

Kaze…. Rinkah… haven't read their supports, but it gives Midoriko access to the luck triggered Smithy Skill and I don't like gambling on Miracle procs (and the 100% miracle build is too far out for me to care about, given its reliance on statues and me not caring about PvP).

Subaki…. Hinoka. Already addressed by my earlier posts. Absolutely gorgeous brilliant red hair (I like it better than the "canonical" Luna colored hair if going for a Cordelia look-alike, although I still do like Luna's hair; its just a matter of degrees). Moreover, Lancefaire, Seals, and Breaking Sky access from Holy Lancer/Basara. Luna's class set better allows emulation of Cordelia's (Hero/Bow Knight), but Matoi's her own person. Also, Hinoka should be giving Matoi substantially better growth rates.

Jakob… Felicia… no real preference, so arbitrarily sticking the butler with the maid as it requires little thought.

I third this notion.

Also I ship Severa and Owain too hard not to pair "Luna" with "Odin"

Who the hell was the person who voted Saizou for Kaze and vice versa.

I ship for love/awwww, not stats most of the time, so:

Saizou x Belka - This leaves me kinda divided... I really like the Saizou x Kagerou supports as well as the ones for Belka x Zero (and they left me with some serious feelz), but the Saizou x Belka support is still pretty great... It has a slight boost though for being a Hoshido x Nohr pairing, so I guess it wins.

Tsukuyomi x Sakura - Mostly because Tsukuyomi is the only guy I actually feel comfortable marrying Sakura to. At least their supports aren't awful, and I think they're somewhat cute. I don't like Tsukuyomi at all though.

Kaze x Azura - Bias. That is all.

Subaki x Luna - Their supports weren't all that amazing, but I just want the Cordelia expy to be Luna's daughter... it's just so fitting. Also because Hinoka x Xander OTP

Jakob x Flora - WHY ISN'T THIS A THING.

I'm late but I'll put in my two cents

Saizou/Kagerou - their supports, need I say more, and it's funny how she constantly restrains him.

Tsukuyomi/Sakura - two little kids and they'd be so cute together. Their supports are cute as well.

Kaze/Oboro - I know a lot of people ship her with Takumi, but honestly their supports are hella cute. She pokes fun at him, and he gets all flustered. It's cute, I swear.

Subaki/Hinoka or Setsuna - my vote accidentally went to Mozume whyyyy but I like Subaki/Hinoka a lot, they're really cute together. But his s support with Setsuna is sweet.

Jakob/Felicia - I know a lot of people voted for Flora but I honestly think Jakob and Felicia look cuter together. Too bad their supports aren't so good imo.

That's all.

Saizou/Kagerou, obvious reasons, although Belka's a close second and I enjoyed his with Charlotte too.

Tsukuyomi-voted Nyx because the support wasn't bad and there's no none option but really I don't have anyone I want to pair with him

Suzukaze/Rinka, they have some out-of supports interaction (granted, early chapters, but hey being PoW together is bonding time right) and their supports together were cute enough. Shame it doesn't get Rinka access to the Samurai line or I'd like it more.

Tbh though I need to read through kaze's supports again because Rinka has priority with Ryouma for me though, but for now

Voted Tsubaki/Zero because their support was super shippable, but out of his S rank options, Hana. I find their bickering pretty endearing tbh, although I also liked Tsubaki with both princesses. Matoi's my number 1 choice for Shinonome's girlfriend, though, so the royals went down a few priority levels for Tsubaki out of that. I guess he can marry Hinoka on the run I marry Kinu to Shino instead, since I liked that one too.

Jakob/Azura, actually pretty sweet support and the S doesn't feel terribly rushed in context of fates, especially since Jakob's tend to be extra contrived. Hinoka was another one I liked with him.

Edited by Thor Odinson

For Saizou, I picked Charlotte. I haven't seen the supports, but my eugenics side is telling me to make a Gurei that can hit hard and accurately (Saizou's massive skill growth with Charlotte's strong str growth and speed).

For Tsukuyomi, I chose Nyx just for the sake of Nohr/Hoshido relations and prolly for super magic Syalla. Otherwise, Orochi is probably the best choice.

I don't really care or like Subaki since she's basically Mandelia, but A LOT worse. I just chose Luna.

I don't know about Kaze. He's already quite good in his own way, so I kinda chose randomly. Setsuna was my choice probably just to give Midoriko Bowfaire when she's recruited(if the skill inheritance shit works again), otherwise, Kagerou for super steroided Midoriko.

While I'm on the boat to see Jakob supports with Flora, Mozume is my choice due to his supports with her. I really don't care about Deere that much.