What is the most difficult turn based rpg

How is The 7th Saga, I've heard a fair bit about it.

The bird enemy at the start of the game can kill you outright because, depending on the character, you do not have enough agility to HIT or RUN AWAY from it.

How is The 7th Saga, I've heard a fair bit about it.

I couldn't tell you much other than it's renowned for its difficulty changes after it was localized and it shows when I played the opening only to get whipped pretty hard. I don't know much else other than it is consistently a struggle.

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=38230&p=2296096 was a playthrough on here, at least.

Edited by Tryhard

I'd say Nocturne on Hard is the hardest SMT I've played, so my vote goes to that one. DDS1 was very forgiving in my experience but 2 may have some intimidating bosses, from what I've heard.

The 7th Saga seems to be more of a patience test than anything. I've still enjoyed it as far as I've played, though.

The bird enemy at the start of the game can kill you outright because, depending on the character, you do not have enough agility to HIT or RUN AWAY from it.

809BOqI.png

Is it this thing they called a Wyvern? Then again.. I did pick one of the faster characters I think, she seems like a glass cannon.

Edited by Jedi

Nocturne/Lucifer's Call is a pretty hard turn-based RPG, yeah. I'm going to be different and say Resonance of Fate, because the bosses in that game can--and will--kick your ass. Repeatedly. So satisfying when you finally end up beating one, though

Besides, more people need to appreciate this:

WbhGHjt.gif

SaGa Frontier II is not too difficult for most of the game, but has a pretty massive difficulty spike toward the end. Actually, that could be said of most SaGa games.