What is the most difficult turn based rpg

KitN isn't really a turn-based RPG lol

i've always been confused by this. is 'turn-based' traditional rpg style like up to ff9, or grid-based like fire emblem?

ok, talking out loud helped me out. 'turn-based' works for fe-like games, but is a stretch.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

Apparently, of the RPGs I've played, Baten Kaitos Origins is supposed to be pretty difficult for a jrpg but i didn't have much of an issue with it, beyond some boss battles.

So my vote goes for SMT nocturne.

i've always been confused by this. is 'turn-based' traditional rpg style like up to ff9, or grid-based like fire emblem?

ok, talking out loud helped me out. 'turn-based' works for fe-like games, but is a stretch.

The Dept. Heaven games take a bunch of mechanics, scrunch them into a game, and hope for the best. It almost always delivers. I feel like KitN is closer to bullet hell than traditional RPG.

Speaking of. . .I should get around to playing The Dark Spire seriously.

Yggdra Union

I think the worst thing about this game is the RNG and damage calculators. (I once took 4 damage, three times in a row, from a guy with 4 attack, while my defense was 5)

DQ's random encounters range from easy to manageable to brutal.

Some encounters in later games (where the games don't use set sprite sizes to limit encounters) force you to deal with 10+ attacks a turn, from encountering multiple of a double attacking enemies at once.

But if you are dealing with that much shit, chances are the RNG just decided to hate you.

Actually 90% of DQ's difficulty comes from RNG hating on you.

Except Dharma. Screw Dharma. Dharma is simply unfair. Dharma can go.

...Screw that area.

The Dept. Heaven games take a bunch of mechanics, scrunch them into a game, and hope for the best. It almost always delivers. I feel like KitN is closer to bullet hell than traditional RPG.Speaking of. . .I should get around to playing The Dark Spire seriously.

dark spire was too tough for me. I would go into the dungeon and like half my dudes would die in a random encounter.