Favorite pairings in Elibe

I know that, I never said they were YOUR two favorites... I don't like Lyn at all though. Such a boring character.

Same with me, though being autistic and pretty different from most other young women probably has something to do with it. xP

You heathen, how dare you not like Lyn! *HISS*

*Ahem*

Sorry, when you said "they're my two favorites too" I was thrown off. The "too" threw me off, made me think I gave the impression that they were my favorites :3

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll never understand that either. They're both really boring to me.

"Boring" is a very subjective term, and people don't want to hear whether you understand it or not. People think differently, and when you say "I'll never understand why people like this", it sounds like you're saying there's something so "wrong" or "foreign" with anyone who doesn't think like you.

I dislike Hector/Lyn because I personally feel that two people who interact like them would make a shitty couple, but you don't see me saying that. Because it doesn't matter what I think and there's no point for me to say it other than to offend someone who does like it.

Put simply, unless the topic is specifically about discussing pairs you don't like, it's rude to say "Oh, I'll never understand why people like this thing I hate".

Edited by Sunwoo

Raven x Lucius

also I'm pretty into Mercdude and Myrmperson pairs (given they actually talk) so also Dieck x Rutger

idk I don't really ship a lot of Elibe, I want to say I'm lowkey into Percival x Cecilia but I don't know if I really care that much, I like the idea of it though

"Boring" is a very subjective term, and people don't want to hear whether you understand it or not. People think differently, and when you say "I'll never understand why people like this", it sounds like you're saying there's something so "wrong" or "foreign" with anyone who doesn't think like you.

I dislike Hector/Lyn because I personally feel that two people who interact like them would make a shitty couple, but you don't see me saying that. Because it doesn't matter what I think and there's no point for me to say it other than to offend someone who does like it.

Put simply, unless the topic is specifically about discussing pairs you don't like, it's rude to say "Oh, I'll never understand why people like this thing I hate".

Uh, excuse me, but no one has said they had a problem with my post except for you. So there must be nothing wrong with saying what I said. Also, I didn't say Hector and Florina were a shitty couple, I simply said that they bored me, which is less offensive.

Edited by Anacybele

Uh, excuse me, but no one has said they had a problem with my post except for you. So there must be nothing wrong with saying what I said. Also, I didn't say Hector and Florina were a shitty couple, I simply said that they bored me, which is less offensive.

Or maybe people who would have a problem simply don't look at this thread, or they're all holding back their tongues because it's not worth it to respond to you. I've also seen you complain about things that no one else has in other topics, so why is my opinion suddenly so much less valid than yours or anyone else's, hmm? I tried to be nice, but if this kind of response is what I'm going to get, tell me why I shouldn't respond to you in a similar manner from now on.

The point is, saying that they bore you is a negative comment that does not need to be said. This isn't a topic about your least favorite pairings in Elibe, and you don't need to understand why people who like that pairing do and no one cares that you find it boring.

I don't think it was rude at all, this is a thread about peoples' favorite pairings. It's only natural that people would discuss, list, or wonder why someone likes a pairing that they don't. I doubt anyone thought she was saying they were "wrong" or "foreign" or anything like that, and it didn't sound like that was what she was saying.

I dislike Hector x Lyn and I don't understand why people like it. She dislikes Hector x Florina and doesn't understand why people like it. It's just a difference of opinion, nothing that says "you are foreign and weird and your mind needs to think like mine."

But *shrugs* to each their own, I guess?

I don't think it was rude at all, this is a thread about peoples' favorite pairings. It's only natural that people would discuss, list, or wonder why someone likes a pairing that they don't. I doubt anyone thought she was saying they were "wrong" or "foreign" or anything like that, and it didn't sound like that was what she was saying.

I dislike Hector x Lyn and I don't understand why people like it. She dislikes Hector x Florina and doesn't understand why people like it. It's just a difference of opinion, nothing that says "you are foreign and weird and your mind needs to think like mine."

But *shrugs* to each their own, I guess?

Part of this may because I have more of a history with her. Another is that it's fine if people don't understand the appeal of a pairing someone else likes. But there is no point in commenting just to say that you'll never understand why people like it. If you don't see the appeal, that's fine I don't care. But please keep that to yourself, it doesn't add anything meaningful in discussion.

If you're asking people to explain why they like it so you can understand their POV better, that's entirely different. But saying "I'll never understand it" just shoots down discussion before it even begins and shows that you don't want to understand, you just want to complain about it. Also, if it's her right to say that she feels a pairing is "boring" and feels the need to tell everyone, then why do I not have the right to state that I don't like hearing that and I feel it's rude, hmm?

Only Elibe pairing I care about is Lyn/Rath, and even then I don't really care about Elibe pairings too much anymore. Everything else is either "okay" or "no".

Edited by Sunwoo

Also, if it's her right to say that she feels a pairing is "boring" and feels the need to tell everyone, then why do I not have the right to state that I don't like hearing that and I feel it's rude, hmm?

Never said you didn't have the right, please don't put words in my mouth.

• 4 weeks later...

Eliwood x Ninian. I like how it affects the story. Plus Roy gets to be part Ice Dragon and have Nergal as his grandfather, which is a cool twist.

Hector x Lyn. Wasn't a fan at first, but the bonus content in HM won me over here.

Kent/Sain x Fiora. Hard to say which I like more; Sain's hilarious, but shes more natural with Kent.

Lance x Clarine. I think this is a thing. At least, I hope it is.

Klein x Tate. Good for you Tate, make him realize how insensitive he was!

Jaffar x Nino. So natural. Gotta love these two.

Roy x Lilina. Personal favorite. I'm a sucker for the childhood friend thing, and the fact that their fathers were best friends, as well as their natural chemistry together, is great. Plus it gives a special ending, which makes Roy the King of Lycia. So there's that too.

And yes InsaneNoire, FE 6 could have used many more endings.

FE6:

Roy x Lilina

Wade x Shanna

Chad x Cath

Rutger x Clarine

Saul x Dorothy

Zelots x Juno

Noah x Fir

Astore x Igrene

Bath x Wendy

Ogier x Lalum

Klein x Thite

Elphin x Fae

Raigh x Sophia

Perceval x Cecilia

Zeiss x Elen

Yodel x Niime

Galle x Miledy

FE7:

Eliwood x Ninian

Hector x Florina

Lyn x Rath

Rebecca x Wil

Serra x Oswin

Priscilla x Erk

Fiora x Kent

Isadora x Harken

Farina x Dart

Pent x Louise

Nino x Jaffar

Vaida x Heath

Karla x Bartre

Edit: I changed my mind on Dieck x Shanna, after I read the Wade x Shanna support I automatically liked the pairing better.

Edited by I love fire emblem

• 2 weeks later...

FE6:

Roy x Lilina

Wade x Shanna

Chad x Cath

Rutger x Clarine

Saul x Dorothy

Zelots x Juno

Noah x Fir

Astore x Igrene

Bath x Wendy

Ogier x Lalum

Klein x Thite

Elphin x Fae

Raigh x Sophia

Perceval x Cecilia

Zeiss x Elen

Yodel x Niime

Galle x Miledy

FE7:

Eliwood x Ninian

Hector x Florina

Lyn x Rath

Rebecca x Wil

Serra x Oswin

Priscilla x Erk

Fiora x Kent

Isadora x Harken

Farina x Dart

Pent x Louise

Nino x Jaffar

Vaida x Heath

Karla x Bartre

Edit: I changed my mind on Dieck x Shanna, after I read the Wade x Shanna support I automatically liked the pairing better.

Pretty much this for the most part. The highest on the list for me would be Roy x Lilina, Eliwood x Ninian, Hector x Florina, Priscilla x Erk, Pent x Louise, and Nino x Jaffar.

• 4 weeks later...

for FE6, although the supports are so much sparser than FE7, I'd have to say

Roy x Lilina (bc I feel like it's only in their interactions that Roy has a semblance of a personal agenda instead of embodying what a good leader should be, if that makes sense; )

Elphin x Perceval (dont freak out guys, even a villager in chapter 13 says they're sweet together)

not to be negative and not that it matters, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with all of Clarine's supports, and thus can't reconcile myself to Clarine x Rutger.

Noah x Fir, this shits canon,

Ellen x Zeiss was pretty sweet as well.

for FE7,

Eliwood x Ninian, Hector x Lyn, damn I love the Pirate Ship cutscene,

Raven x Lucius, canonest gays ever,

Nino x Jaffar, shit shit SHIT I have such feels from remembering my first ever playthrough and how sad Nino's story was,

Wholeheartedly wishing that Sain would be level-headed enough to settle down with someone 2k16

I find Kent x Lyn really sweet as well

I have thought much too much about all of this.

for FE6, although the supports are so much sparser than FE7, I'd have to say

Roy x Lilina (bc I feel like it's only in their interactions that Roy has a semblance of a personal agenda instead of embodying what a good leader should be, if that makes sense; )

Elphin x Perceval (dont freak out guys, even a villager in chapter 13 says they're sweet together)

not to be negative and not that it matters, but I have to say I was pretty disappointed with all of Clarine's supports, and thus can't reconcile myself to Clarine x Rutger.

Noah x Fir, this shits canon,

Ellen x Zeiss was pretty sweet as well.

for FE7,

Eliwood x Ninian, Hector x Lyn, damn I love the Pirate Ship cutscene,

Raven x Lucius, canonest gays ever,

Nino x Jaffar, shit shit SHIT I have such feels from remembering my first ever playthrough and how sad Nino's story was,

Wholeheartedly wishing that Sain would be level-headed enough to settle down with someone 2k16

I find Kent x Lyn really sweet as well

I have thought much too much about all of this.

Meh, if he's left unpaired he leaves Elibe to flirt with women from other Fire Emblem games

At least that's how it is in my head

Eliwood x Lyn (I'd like to think that Lyn!Roy has got Lyn's feistiness.)
Roy x Lilina (same reason with @madamebrasidas)

Saul x Dorothy (The A-level conversation was hilarious!)

Dieck x Clarine (The whole conversation in general was another hilarious manzai act. I especially laughed at Dieck's "Well, f*** this! I'm outta here!" response to Clarine's "You have saved my bro's life! We are eternally grateful!".)

As for non-romantic companions:

- Dieck x Ward (The conversation really show them as brother in arms.)

- Dieck x Rutger (This is a nicely done, deep conversation between men.)

• 2 weeks later...

where all the hector/farina shippers at man where are my people

that aside, I don't have too many serious ships from 6 or 7 and i tend to be all right with most of them? there is one specifically i can't stand at all for a number of reasons, but as stated before that is not the point of this thread, so I will keep my mouth shut on that front.

As for what I do like, for the most part...

FE6:

Roy/Wolt

Shin/Wolt

Clarine/Klein

Shin/Sue

Percival/Roy

Percival/Klein

Sue/Sophia (idek)

Wolt/Lilina

Roy/Sophia

Lilina/Roy/Wolt OT3

And most of these are casual at best... it's really only the first two i actively ship lol

FE7:

Hector/Farina

Rath/Wil

Matthew/Legault

Matthew/Leila

Wil/Rebecca

Lyn/Kent

Eliwood/Ninian

Lloyd/Legault

Linus/Legault

Serra/Oswin

Hector/Serra

Serra/Florina

Hector/Matthew

Lyn/Florina

Jaffar/Nino

Rebecca/Nino

Kent/Sain

Hector/Eliwood

and Serra/Lucius as BFFS? yessss pls

And again most of those are super casual but I am literally always happy to discuss these ships with people because they are great.

(So can you all see my character biases yet or not?)

I like Kent x Lyn so much, considering it's also lampshaded in Kent x Sain B support. Much better than Seth x Eirika IMO.

I also like Hector x Florina, really disappointed that she can't marry him in Elibian nights...