Blackzero plays the Fire Emblem you've maybe never played(Gaiden, semi-blind)

Blackzero

bAhgjfD.png
OSouA3h.png
MWz8IP8.png
tMawphD.png
Hello there Serenes Forest! You might remember a while ago I tried a random Sacred Stones run... Well, I gave up on that, since doing most of the stuff I was doing was tedious, so I gave up. Instead, as you see here, I will be playing FE:Gaiden, since well... It's Gaiden. I've never really seen a run on it on SF, so I thought I might give the real black sheep(Besides, SS is probably more of a gray sheep than it would be a black sheep) of the Fire Emblem Series.
Gaiden, as the word means, is a side story to Marth's first game, Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light(Or Shadow Dragon if you go by the remake). It features some characters from FE1, and takes place about a year after FE1(I think, I know it takes place between Marth's first and second games.)
[spoiler=The Beginnining ]
g9RQvWc.png
If you leave it on the title screen you get some backstory on the game's setting. So far, as it says, there's two sibling gods on the island of Valencia.
QfMiOOm.png
Can't have love without hate.
MhKr5Jh.png
In half? Then doesn't that make it two islands now if that was done?
tMoJMes.png
pYjt73m.png
We only have two main countries here in this game, so don't expect doing to different countries in this game.
S703Pi3.png
b0RISSL.png
Make note of this.
EXD5lEl.png
You won't need to make note of this, because you'll see.
Wq4w9zu.png
And our first thing Gaiden has different from other Fire Emblems, is that there are explorable towns. I'm not sure why other FEs didn't try this, as it doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. Maybe someday?
Also, here we have two people here, whom will talk...
zEAkjs0.png
Right now! And that was sword training? It looked more like Alm(The blue guy) was just running into you then twoards the house and running into you again over and over.
rRouW89.png
So is Alm a kid or something? I don't think people would say exactly that to a teen or adult.
QB4vzqp.png
Then why don't you take care of them? You look like you could if you could be rammed into over and over and not budge. Anyways, I guess we need to go do... Something...
vwU3WjP.png
Hmm? What's this here? Some kind of meeting?
q0G7uTT.png
Uhh... Ok? Is it the guy next to you?
Three of these guys say the same thing, so I'll try talking to the red guy.
I7ZqkWk.png
A chicken coup?
LuDvWI5.png
C1WVf9M.png
Oh, that kind of coup! Why? Well, I don't know yet, but problably "Grr I want power so that's why I did it!" I mean, its a NES game, would the plot be THAT complex?
ZoPhixM.png
Then just grind on some stuff like the bandits outside.
MbTu3rs.png
Mycen? Purple armor guy? He's a general? Then why doesn't he fight those bandits?
SQttKbC.png
K.
RrtIbyM.png
K.
fMWLA8u.png
I guess?
oRXbgUE.png
Mycen?
Fgm67jg.png
148K7OI.png
So your just going to let the bad guy come and attack this village? What a jerk.
fHuMWJZ.png
Unless you're playing on casual mode(No this game doesn't have it)
wy7phQB.png
Yea...
ABQOuHD.png
SHOTS FIRED! SHOTS FIRED!
M6gfZ0o.png
*Cue airhorns*
yt378Rs.png
So Alm does have a portrait, and talks! I thought he would just be silent the whole game.
MZFaKML.png
qrVFxB0.png
s90PLPG.png
Your welcome.
31xBC5V.png
And here we have the first ever playable soldier in FE. Yes, they are actually a class, not something to slaughter. Lets see what the other three have to say.
5tqrKKU.png
You! Yes you!
9SgNmEK.png
5V2VQiC.png
I have the feeling he might get into trouble. Also, dat face.
wdsWM1S.png
5PPGKOJ.png
YOUR NOT ROBIN! Unless... *Gasp* Possible ancestor?
6DTKNbK.png
HtQpnjz.png
TbgUEpi.png
Glad to see someone realizes this unlike some OTHER people. Also, calm down, don't be so angry.
tn3G1Zh.png
Well, lets see what could be in these woods...
w8rV8J0.png
Surprise! Those bandits Mycen talked about! What a twist!
I'm right at the limit of images I can put into one update(What I use for uploading images only uploads 50 at a time, per hour) so, We'll see stats and our first battle next time!

Edit:I should change that this LP is not exactly completely blind. I have played a little of this game before, seen LPs in other places, and I've read a summary of the story, so plot wise I know somewhat what is coming, but gameplay wise is a whole different story. Some advice would be helpful, but don't give away things like secrets and the like.

Edited by Blackzero

Oh yeah, Gaiden.

As you're doing it blind, I'd advise you to grind.

The game is possible to beat without it though, but it makes it soooo easier. As long as you don't get the mechanics, I don't advise you on doing a non-grind playthrough.

Let's hope you enjoy. It's a pretty good game, after all.

Ha! Joke's on you! I have played Gaiden before! I've even seen a run of it on SF!

But in seriousness, I enjoy playing Gaiden, and hope you will too. If you're going in COMPLETELY blind, the first chapter will hold quite some surprises when it comes to gameplay. Sure did for me, haha.

And yeah, Cliff's face is the best.

bAhgjfD.png

OSouA3h.png

MWz8IP8.png

tMawphD.png

Hello there Serenes Forest! You might remember a while ago I tried a random Sacred Stones run... Well, I gave up on that, since doing most of the stuff I was doing was tedious, so I gave up. Instead, as you see here, I will be playing FE:Gaiden, since well... It's Gaiden. I've never really seen a run on it on SF, so I thought I might give the real black sheep(Besides, SS is probably more of a gray sheep than it would be a black sheep) of the Fire Emblem Series.

Gaiden, as the word means, is a side story to Marth's first game, Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light(Or Shadow Dragon if you go by the remake). It features some characters from FE1, and takes place about a year after FE1(I think, I know it takes place between Marth's first and second games.)

I've also started playing Gaiden not too long ago. I'm on Chapter 2 (I think mid-way through, last I recall).

wdsWM1S.png

5PPGKOJ.png

YOUR NOT ROBIN! Unless... *Gasp* Possible ancestor?

Nah, he just used time travel. This is really Awakening's odd pre-sequel thingy, and this is his real canon appearance.

[spoiler=Gaiden Chapter 2 Character Recruitment Spoiler]Also, you'll be running into a guy named Kamui (though I think he's sometimes called "Cami", depending on translations).