Surprising Supports

Thane

Joker/Setsuna is one that really surprised me.

I never found any of Setsuna's supports to be funny, but this one got me laughing for a while.

I also didn't like most of Joker's supports, but again, this one, I don't know why, I think it's really cute.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harold's supports are so funny, the best IMO being Harold/Benoit. Harold/Luna is a close second. Even though I was never fond of Severa, Luna was really endearing in this support. She's a complete dork and it's great u_u...

Harold/Nyx was probably the least silly among his other ones, but I found the last couple of lines of their S support to be really sweet.

Just did Foleo's paralogue and I was really surprised ?? ; A ;

I'll be honest, I kind of disliked him at first, but after playing the paralogue and reading his C rank supports with (myself) and Leon,

I feel really bad ?? I will wholeheartedly accept my role as the supportive mother now ; u ;

Also love Charlotte's supports ~

I'm so glad I've been using her a lot in my run,

even her combat animation suits her personality so much XD

I quite liked Flannel/Nishiki, Lazward/Charlotte, Gunther/Mamui, Zero/Mozume, Syalla/Femui and Zero/Mamui.

While I still don't really like her, Charlotte's personality isn't as bad as I'd expected. And, from what I've read, Syalla isn't as bad as Tharja. I also think Syalla's portrait is way prettier than Tharja's. but that's totally off topic.

I actually found most of Zero's supports to be rather funny, especially the one with Charlotte.

Out of all the supports the Nohr siblings have with one another, Leon's supports were the best. They gave great insight on his character and backstory especially his support with Elise. On the other hand, a lot of Camilla's supports with her siblings kind of fell flat in my opinion.

Pleasant Surprise

Charlotte/Saizou is funny and quite sweet. I like Saizou much more because of this support. I have seen quite a few people vouching for Charlotte/Marx, but I prefer hers with Saizou a bit more because Saizou notices the real Charlotte for himself from the start, and basically tells her that he likes the real her since B-support. He also requests Charlotte to call his name. I didn't know the guy had it in him.

Charlotte/Zero. I do not particularly like Zero's character. (Though I like all archers by default, same goes for pegasus knights.) I particularly love the S-support in this one; Zero asking Charlotte to allow him to send money to her family is really sweet of him.

Harold/Aqua. Pure sweetness. It also reminds me of my favorite Ar Tonelico 2 ending. Making a genuine albeit clumsy proposal song to the songstress? All of my yes.

Leon/Aqua. That S-support. You are too sly, Leon.

I have more, but this will do for now.

Unpleasant Surprise

Flannel/Camilla. I actually adore Camilla as my sister, but this support is just plain drab and offer no positive moments. Ugh.

I think Marx/Charlotte is first in the game to impress me and it certainly did give me an 180 attitude on Charlotte's character (whom I previously had misgivings for due to her personal skill's naming). Thought I wouldn't like Charlotte, absolutely love her now.

Shinonome x Matoi was also a really good one. Honestly the entire child system being present in FEF doesn't strike well with me to start with, and I'm usually a lot less excited to read child supports after reading a bunch of them since they don't really entertain me as much as the gen1s do, but Shinonome x Matoi was the one support (first one I read of his, mind) to shoot Shino up to like, #5 favorite overall and the only child to even be anywhere close to top 10 on my list.

Saizou x Belka and Oboro x Belka are both excellent.

Edited by Thor Odinson

Harold/Aqua is quite heartwarming and the S-support doesn't feel forced at all and comes across as quite adorable (Harold proposes to Aqua by singing to her)

Aqua/Ryouma is also pretty good too if ignore the S-Support completely.

Saziou x Charlotte actually got me; that was hilarious.

Also Nishiki x Charlotte. The greatest S rank ever.

"Charlotte; I don't how to propose to you. Do you have any good ideas?"

Edited by iZallen

I wonder why so many people doubted Charlotte's character :/ it was pretty obvious, since this is FE, that she wouldn't be 100% evil and mean, and that her double-faced hijinks would actually give her some issues and fuel for interesting supports.

I for one liked her support with Benoit, and actually makes me doubt my choice of pairing Benoit and Belka together (while their support is cute, I found Charlotte's better).

Arthur has probably surprised me the most. I thought he'd be the most gimmicky character in the entire game, and his supports are often pretty damn good. Hell, even Setsuna (who's probably the most gimmicky character in the game) has a good support with him.

Arthur has probably surprised me the most. I thought he'd be the most gimmicky character in the entire game, and his supports are often pretty damn good. Hell, even Setsuna (who's probably the most gimmicky character in the game) has a good support with him.

If you're not a big fan of Arthur's gimmick, try Arthur/Azura. It's surprisingly gimmick-free and has a very touching progression.

kamui x aqua sue me n_n

...what did you find surprising about it? (and you didn't mention which route, they have different supports for IK versus Hoshido/Nohr)

I was mainly pleasantly surprised by Charlotte in general, I think I really do like her.

Edited by L95

Wasn't expecting too much out of Ignis after reading his support with Foleo. Then I read his other supports and was surprised at how good they were. It felt like all his S supports were naturally flowing from the A's and that most of the A also made sense to stop there.

Like what other people said, a lot of Charlotte's supports were a good surprise. The same can be said for Oboro too. Out of all of her supports, I really enjoyed Kamui/Oboro and Belka/Oboro.

Ryoma/Marx wasn't bad, but alright. It's kind of boring, and I thought it was going to be something much interesting.

Well, I was pleasantly surprised about the supports of this game in general. They're consistently better than Awakening's

Unpleasantly surprised? Cyrus/Elise. Based on their interactions in chapter 6, I was going to have them get married, but after reading their supports, he's not allowed anywhere near her. A lot of Camilla's are pretty boring too. I also don't care for a lot of Hana's supports.

Pleasantly surprised? Well, I thought I would hate Charlotte, but she's one of the only characters with consistently good supports. Also, Saizou/Kagerou. I thought it would be them talking about Ryouma or something like that, but it ended up better than I thought. Also, obvious Ryouma/Elise and Xander/Sakura. I thought they would be weird but they're some of the best I've read. Also, I don't think this is really spoilers, but just in case

Despite being my favorite Awakening character, a lot of Inigo's supports are pretty hit or miss. However, his supports in this game are pretty fantastic all around.

Also, Saizou has been one of my favorite characters, and (with the exception of Hinoka) his supports have been even better than I expected. His supports with Charlotte and Belka and Laswald are some of my favorite in the game. Laswald/Saizou is like Inigo/Gerome, but waaaaaaayyyyyy better.

...what did you find surprising about it? (and you didn't mention which route, they have different supports for IK versus Hoshido/Nohr)

I found it pleasant and the fact they have diferent supports each route ,once again sue me n_n

Also, Saizou has been one of my favorite characters, and (with the exception of Hinoka) his supports have been even better than I expected. His supports with Charlotte and Belka and Laswald are some of my favorite in the game. Laswald/Saizou is like Inigo/Gerome, but waaaaaaayyyyyy better.

Ahaha, really? I'm gonna have to do this then to see!

Also just read Saizou/Charlotte... awawawa cute. Oboro/Saizou is funny too!

Ryoma/Marx wasn't bad, but alright. It's kind of boring, and I thought it was going to be something much interesting.

Ngl although it's definitely not the worst support ingame it did disappoint me the most for, well, reasons esp if you follow my art blog

I guess my own expectations were too high or something.

I'll just get my fuel from all those cutscenes instead

Ngl although it's definitely not the worst support ingame it did disappoint me the most for, well, reasons esp if you follow my art blog

I guess my own expectations were too high or something.

I'll just get my fuel from all those cutscenes instead

Yeah, I was hoping their supports would be them thrusting their swords passionately at each other in a friendly display. Maybe compare the lengths or thickness or something.

Sword is slang for penis.

lmao

then again, one of the translators I know thinks it's their best, so maybe there's a bunch of nuances (about dicks) missed in translation, or something.

Here's hoping for localization.