New Interview with Kozaki.

Pepper

There are several skimpy outfits on them, a lack of pants, random open thighs (like on female Corrin, which is the only issue I have with her design, actually), Camilla, etc.

Oh yeah, another issue I have with some of Kozaki's female designs: round balloon boobs. Just ew. Big boobs, yeah, those happen in real life sometimes, but boobs as round and balloony as Camilla's and Charlotte's? ...No. Just no.

Its a game not real life.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But your asking for realism in a game where the MC can turn into a dragon and other things.

No, I'm asking for some practicality and a little realism in the designs, not the plot or creatures that exist or anything. I've never complained about the laguz or magic or anything, have I? In fact, I'm a big fan of the laguz.

Basically gratuitous panty shots in places it doesn't belong. There's absolutely no reason for Paladin F, Great Knight F, and General F to not wear pants, especially since most of them aren't really designed for sex appeal (boobplate aside on knight/general aside, but it's still on very bulky armor like what's the point?) and then there's just...panties? It's really out of places and the only reason they're there is because somehow, heavily armored female characters are allergic to pants??? what even

Tbh if Camilla had the cleavage thing (possibly toned down slightly just so it's not like, what the hell is the material made of, is it cloth? but cloth shouldn't give that much support without some kind of shoulder straps that her design lack. Is it metal? Metal would provide more support but it doesn't exactly bounce like in Hoshido 13's cutscene), but tight pants akin to like, superheroine catsuits, even, I think she'd still get across sex appeal but also give her a more powerful and coherent design instead of a giant mess downstairs. It'd be badass and sexy at the same time. Petrine's design, for the most part, does that well.

Like there's a lot of positive aspects about these designs but some decisions are just really baffling, and are there for the sake of having a panty shot being there (also see Hoshido 13's cutscene seriously why is that cutscene a thing, at least Nohr ending was some much needed humor) without regard for visual coherence and just making sense in a design in general. Like it actively detracts from the design even when you throw practicality out the window; It's like, it doesn't really belong there, it doesn't even look good

I mean there are a bunch of really nice designs this time around; I personally love Merc and Hero's design for both genders, but it still doesn't erase the fact that, some design decisions are just fucking stupid and the only reason it's a thing is someone wanted to show some panties on women. It's also like, the tankiest classes too? I don't get it

At least Wyvern Rider/Lord is spared this time around though thank god, I ran Wyvern Lord/Great Knight Female MU in Awakening and killing Grima was mandatory battle animations on including that not-so-glorious final magic shot to Grima with her ass in all its glory right in my face I don't want to look at her butt ok

Seriously, we got Sorc for that. Just keep it contained to Sorc and we're all good.

Edited by Thor Odinson

The only thing I wish was different about the Hero design is the arm shield I prefer the classic seperate solid piece from the GBA games and that ring thing they have behind them. Otherwise I gotta agree the Merc and Hero design looks good.

Classic GBA does have some nice stuff. I do have criticisms there as well because my standards are really high but the animations there is, well, usually a highlight.

Except fighter. Fighter's animation sequence is kinda dumb and not in the so ridiculous it wraps back around to being amazing like Nomad Trooper crit way. Warrior's great, though.

Classic GBA General animations, though

were the shit

chainspear so good

Edited by Thor Odinson

The only thing I wish was different about the Hero design is the arm shield I prefer the classic seperate solid piece from the GBA games and that ring thing they have behind them. Otherwise I gotta agree the Merc and Hero design looks good.

Gotta keep that tribute to Ike.

Oh man the Mercenary design in this game made me so happy, it's a gambeson!

They are wearing legit cloting someone would wear to fight with swords and the like!

As someone who's into HEMA and the like this was GREAT.

But your asking for realism in a game where the MC can turn into a dragon and other things.

That argument never works for any sort of medium. People don't necessarily want real-to-life realism when they just say "realism". What they want is an internal logic and some internal consistency with that logic.

For instance, if high defense units of both genders had less clothing that would be an internal, realistic consistency that implies armor doesn't actually matter/do anything in the setting--it'd just be fashion. God Eater does this, for instance, with full in-setting logic that remains consistent throughout. Settings with lots of magic/enchanted materials will also do this.

But it's not really the case in FE:F or Awakening. On the male end of things, higher defense units tend to have more armor. On the female end of things, they also tend to have more armor just...it also happens to be missing in really key areas. That ruins/takes away from the internal consistency and thus people complain about "realism".

No, I'm asking for some practicality and a little realism in the designs, not the plot or creatures that exist or anything. I've never complained about the laguz or magic or anything, have I? In fact, I'm a big fan of the laguz.

So does it bother you that much cause to honest at the end of the day their fictional characters and if that's the style of the game its the style of the game I've never really understood why people let it bug them.

I will feel uncomfortable if next game doesn't have kozaki as it artist, art style in general can break or make a game for me. Hopefully Kozaki can stay for more games, he draw most attractive characters out of all artists that IS hired. I absolutely adore Lucina, Azura, Female Kamui, Leon, Cordelia, Naga (Yes that Naga in Awakening, I wanna S-rank her) Felicia and Chrom's design.

Except fighter. Fighter's animation sequence is kinda dumb and not in the so ridiculous it wraps back around to being amazing like Nomad Trooper crit way. Warrior's great, though.

You say that but

fe700481.png

You say that but

fe700481.png

yeah but thats just weird

its not as glorious as FLYING HORSE JUMP CRIT

also not a fan of the shorts ya ain't a youngster in pokemon bruh

Aaaaaanyway more on topic was it the french site's exclusive or will the english gaming sites report on the interview soon

Edited by Thor Odinson

I will feel uncomfortable if next game doesn't have kozaki as it artist, art style in general can break or make a game for me. Hopefully Kozaki can stay for more games, he draw most attractive characters out of all artists that IS hired. I absolutely adore Lucina, Azura, Female Kamui, Leon, Cordelia, Naga (Yes that Naga in Awakening, I wanna S-rank her) Felicia and Chrom's design.

Mr Kozaki has done great work for the series I do hope he sticks around for another game or two at least I'm very happy that he's been getting love lately.

Alright, if the art directors are to blame for the dumbass armor/outfit designs on female characters, then explain the Tellius designs. They're a lot more practical, even Petrine who is obviously meant to be "sexy." Either they must have had a completely different group directing them or Kozaki really is at fault for the revealing and weird female designs in Awakening and Fates. So which is it?

Also, I CAN blame Kozaki for drawing too many females on their tip toes and with their butts and backs turned to us (Olivia, Cherche, Tiki, female Kamui (sort of)), and too many females with their feet pointed inward (Sumia, Nowi, Tharja, Cordelia (sort of)). Normally, the latter doesn't really bother me too much since I occasionally position my feet like that myself, but seeing it that often is just...yeah, no.

I liked Senri Kita's style and poses a lot better. Kozaki isn't a bad artist at all, don't get me wrong (I like the way he draws some people, like Ike). But Senri Kita is just better. I still wish she would come back.

how is that to blame?

Mr Kozaki has done great work for the series I do hope he sticks around for another game or two at least I'm very happy that he's been getting love lately.

1CO5Fbh.jpg?1

Female Kamui look so good that it so unfortunate that she can't be a separate character since i will really really like to S-rank her, Koazki's design gets SSS from me. Take Female Kamui and compared her to any other girls in the series, there's really no contest.

this topic reminds me of why we can't have nice things and yes I know some designs are awful :/

There really no big complain of Kozaki's design here.
Edited by Awakener_

I do feel sorry for the the amount of hate this guy gets, but as one of them I can see why. He decides to do these and then IS says "Yes" and then he goes to make more. I like the anime art design but it doesn't help this. It's also the main reason why this argument gets so far but mainly on female characters. There's no moral design to them. I see an easy objectified little girl when I look at look at Nyx despite the fact that she's supposed to be freggin old.

Characters like Meg in RD don't exist anymore, and even Draj can be a good example of what a girl really looks like. I praised Draj's design when I first saw it. Thinking maybe he's thought about this. Rinkah at least makes sense. She at least lifts and fits to her role, but there's no strong females or any females that represent what a girl really looks or feels like since Awakening.

All females wear almost nothing somewhere on a part of the body, just don't look fit for the roll they're supposed to playing or just over sexualized. Cherche has no armor on the back (go ahead and abuse you spine with chest armor and breasts) and Cordelia (A skirt, and leg straps, centered and clearly showing in the official art). If you going to design soldiers like these, then make a soldier. They can still be called sexy material.

TL;DR - I rather more realistic and moralized female designs like Minerva's, Draj's, Astrid's and Meg's.

I do feel sorry for the the amount of hate this guy gets, but as one of them I can see why. He decides to do these and then IS says "Yes" and then he goes to make more. I like the anime art design but it doesn't help this. It's also the main reason why this argument gets so far but mainly on female characters. There's no moral design to them. I see an easy objectified little girl when I look at look at Nyx despite the fact that she's supposed to be freggin old.

Characters like Meg in RD don't exist anymore, and even Draj can be a good example of what a girl really looks like. I praised Draj's design when I first saw it. Thinking maybe he's thought about this. Rinkah at least makes sense. She at least lifts and fits to her role, but there's no strong females or any females that represent what a girl really looks or feels like since Awakening.

All females wear almost nothing somewhere on a part of the body, just don't look fit for the roll they're supposed to playing or just over sexualized. Cherche has no armor on the back (go ahead and abuse you spine with chest armor and breasts) and Cordelia (A skirt, and leg straps, centered and clearly showing in the official art). If you going to design soldiers like these, then make a soldier. They can still be called sexy material.

TL;DR - I rather more realistic and moralized female designs like Minerva's, Draj's, Astrid's and Meg's.

So everyone is ignoring Owian in fates ?

post-15556-0-58849500-1438326453_thumb.png

Edited by Pepper

tell that to tumblr and I don't wanna say names from here u_u

A lot of Tumblr is over sensitive about everything they lack perspective about stuff cause they don't realize not everyone thinks in there line of thought granted that could be said for everyone, but the way they go about it most of the time is very poor and grade school like.

Japan's society is pinnacle of a escapist society and what you know, FE is a Japanese game. As much as people like to complain about the designs if there a survey asking which girl they like better, Titania (or whoever from your "realistic' and "moralized" FE game)or Camilla, Camilla will destroy Titania. People will always either just like or subconsciously like these kind of character even if they complain a lot. Hell if one like fat girls, anime or Japanese's game is the wrong place to look.

Edited by Awakener_