animal crossing help?

EarthboundAddict

So it's been a while since I last visited my AC:NL world, about 4 months (yes I know I'm a horrible person) and it is chaos.

There are about 107 weeds (yes I counted) a couple of my villagers moved out (Amelia, cecilia and rocco)

the villagers that are left are cranky and rude and my towns reputation has dropped horribly.

I was thinking of starting a new file but there are some villagers here I really like (Rosie, Lopez, Benjamin and a deer whose name I can't remember) and I've done quite a bit, but I don't think it's worth it and I think it might be way too late to fix by now.

What do you guys think, should I just start a new world or should I just attempt or restore this one?

I'm guilty of restarting my town at least 10 times, I'm not exagerating, so my advice may not reliable, but unless there's something you absolutely can't lose, you really should restart,

and about the villagers you want to keep, I've heard it's possible to trade villagers with another player.

I stopped playing ds wild world for such a long time, perhaps almost 2 years and when i came back it was like just weed, i remember i removed every single weed one by one and i soon got everyone's respect again by just doing that, and it soon stopped looking caotic at the same time

about new leaf i been not playing it too, but if i do again i'll probably go back in time before starting it, exiting,going foward, and again and again until today so i don't live in a chaos

I would probably never reset something it's too painful.

Edited by Icarusu

It's your preference, but I would just go with the flow and carry on where you left off.

Trading villagers is too much effort, since you can need to cycle around a dozen villagers to get your originals back, then you need to wait until they decide to move out in the village you traded them to.

Also, you can ask for help for removing weeds. Some people (*cough* me) would love to help, if only because of the annoying weeding badge...

Maybe wait till the next game for a proper restart? : P

Edited by VincentASM

It's your preference, but I would just go with the flow and carry on where you left off.

Trading villagers is too much effort, since you can need to cycle around a dozen villagers to get your originals back, then you need to wait until they decide to move out in the village you traded them to.

Also, you can ask for help for removing weeds. Some people (*cough* me) would love to help, if only because of the annoying weeding badge...

Maybe wait till the next game for a proper restart? : P

So it's really complicated to trade villagers? Interesting, I knew you could trade them, but wasn't aware that it was that much of a hassle,

And also, isn't Leif able to remove all weeds, when he merges his store with Tommy and Timmy's store?

Trading for villagers you've never had isn't too hard.

You just need space in your village and find another player where the villager has packed their boxes and is ready to move out (or make arrangements prior when the villager declares they're moving).

But getting your original villagers back isn't as simple, due to the "cycling" restriction I mentioned.

I assume the restriction is there so you don't get the exact same villager multiple times in a row after they've just left. It would suck if your least favourite villager left and then moved back in 2 days afterwards, for example : P

That could actually work but um the thing is the only person I know who has animal crossing is my little sister and she isn't even much of a gamer, she never plays it, I think like 5 of her villagers moved out and she's only had it for 6 months. I sure would like some help though ( I don't want to lose Rosie, she's too cute to let go)

Do you have the T&T Emporium yet?

Also, when you get your town back on its feet, there is a way to make it not be ass if you end up leaving the game again for hella days. Beautiful Town Ordinance is the best thing ever. In the Mayor's Office, you go to ordinances and select "a beautiful town". You wont get cockroaches, weeds do not appear in huge quantities (and hardly at all), flowers dont wilt, etc. However, villagers will still move away if you leave your game unplayed for too long. (or time travel too far) But i dont think there would be a mass exodus?

Trading for villagers you've never had isn't too hard.

You just need space in your village and find another player where the villager has packed their boxes and is ready to move out (or make arrangements prior when the villager declares they're moving).

But getting your original villagers back isn't as simple, due to the "cycling" restriction I mentioned.

I assume the restriction is there so you don't get the exact same villager multiple times in a row after they've just left. It would suck if your least favourite villager left and then moved back in 2 days afterwards, for example : P

you can do that? Whoa. I long for Lyman to return to me. He was the Hand of the King!

This is why I couldn't handle AC:NL. I played for about two months, then I deleted my town. It was insane. I don't understand why the game punishes you so hard if you become to busy to play it all the time.

I mean it's a great game, but it's sad how you are literally forced to play it daily should you not want your town to fall into chaos.

This is why I couldn't handle AC:NL. I played for about two months, then I deleted my town. It was insane. I don't understand why the game punishes you so hard if you become to busy to play it all the time.

I mean it's a great game, but it's sad how you are literally forced to play it daily should you not want your town to fall into chaos.

I know it's very stressful I just wish I could find the time

This is why theres the Beautiful Town Ordinance though. The game will not destroy you for leaving it for a bit if that is enacted.

This is why theres the Beautiful Town Ordinance though. The game will not destroy you for leaving it for a bit if that is enacted.

The beautiful town ordinance could work but what am I going to do about the town rep, and my villagers, they're very upset and rude :/

You'll get them to be nicer once the town is clean, and I think making new PWP's and sending them letters will improve their mood as well.

And if you'd like, you can add me as a friend and I can hop over to your town to clean up all the weeds and maybe drop off some saplings, flowers, and money~

I've been meaning to hop back on AC anyhow so this is a perfect opportunity for me~

You'll get them to be nicer once the town is clean, and I think making new PWP's and sending them letters will improve their mood as well.

And if you'd like, you can add me as a friend and I can hop over to your town to clean up all the weeds and maybe drop off some saplings, flowers, and money~

I've been meaning to hop back on AC anyhow so this is a perfect opportunity for me~

Um ok I'll add you, my FC is on my profile.