Doing a hacked playthrough..

It's been a while since I last touched this game, mainly because of my addiction to my 3DS. But since my 3DS's battery kinda exploded, I decided to go back on to my flashcart which only works on the old built Nintendo DS.

Using Action Replay might be dull for this game now, but since I'm doing another play through on this game, might as well spice things up a bit.

Let's start slow:

- Game Difficulty: Hard *

- Game Mode: Casual (No falls in battle allowed EXCEPT for certain requirements)

- My Unit Gender: Male

- Starting class: Starting from Fighter first then reclassing to Archer. (I just want the different uniform on his portrait. Plus I already have the 2nd class set unlocked when reclassing.)

- At least 1 healer in party

- At least 1 Ballistician in party

- How's Everyone Allowed

- Drill Ground Allowed

- Action Replay codes allowed. (For certain requirements)

- Attempt to complete the Shadow Dragon cast. (Recruit Jagan, Lorenz, Hardin (Not emperor), Boah, Gotoh, and have Jake and Beck as Ballisticians)

- Attempt to recruit all members of the Assassins.

- Just for the lols: Recruit DUMMY character into army.*

- Have at least 1-2 Enemy Ballisticians carry Thunderbolt (Only 1 is obtainable and that is when I recruit Beck)

- Videos? Sorry, that will probably be a No at the moment. I prefer playing on Flashcart but I will try to update frequently with images by sending data to the emulator. However, if I decide to do another playthrough on a higher difficulty, I just might consider it. Yes.

Rules:

Action Replay codes used:

• Change Faceless unit into Jagan (Don't know what enemy to use on at the moment)
  • Change Faceless unit into Jake (use on enemy ballistician)
  • Change Faceless unit into Beck (use on enemy ballistician, NoName the enemy ballistician first.)
  • Change Faceless unit into Hardin (use on either enemy in chapter 20)
  • Change Faceless unit into Gotoh (use on enemy sorcerer in chapter 22)
  • Enemy Recruit Code (For recruiting the following characters...)
  • Move boss unit off seize square (only use when recruiting Lorenz, and Kleine)
  • Buy any items during Preparations (Only usable to purchase Elysian Whips for Pegasus Knights. Until Chapter 20 is completed, will become an armory to purchase Ballistas. NO THUNDERBOLTS ALLOWED- even though enemy ballisticians no longer appear after this point.)

Recruiting rules:

• Kill off enemy recruits to prevent freeze issues after chapter completions (Bosses recruits cannot be killed or game will freeze. Must use a different procedure.) Fallen allies will return next chapter.
  • Marth must be moved next to Jake and Beck and then use Enemy Recruit code. (Basically the same concept as him talking them to join the army)
  • No suspend saves when recruiting enemies with code. Kill them off first to ensure safe suspend save and prevent chapter freeze.

Usage of AR codes won't start till Chapter 1 and onwards.

Videos:

Edited by Unit

This looks interesting.

Where did you get the code to make faceless units become characters if I can ask?

I was messing around with the AR codes addressed to the Units data like the Press Select to have Max Hp or to become level 30 on the emulator, by typing in random values and happened to come across it. I also came across the code to make enemies player-controlled while in the process. I (and still do) have the feeling someone might have already discovered it and posted it over the years. If it's not out there yet or if anyone's interested, I'd be happy to share it.

Edit: I'm also using an old translation of the game by the way. For the portrait codes, it seems to have better chances on changing the faceless portraits into a different character on translation v2.01. While on the latest translation, it only changes a faceless portrait into another faceless portrait. The code is still a little wacky.

Edited by Unit

I was messing around with the AR codes addressed to the Units data like the Press Select to have Max Hp or to become level 30 on the emulator, by typing in random values and happened to come across it. I also came across the code to make enemies player-controlled while in the process. I (and still do) have the feeling someone might have already discovered it and posted it over the years. If it's not out there yet or if anyone's interested, I'd be happy to share it.

Edit: I'm also using an old translation of the game by the way. For the portrait codes, it seems to have better chances on changing the faceless portraits into a different character on translation v2.01. While on the latest translation, it only changes a faceless portrait into another faceless portrait. The code is still a little wacky.

Yeah, I have that one(Control enemy) along with the reclass into anything code.

Maybe you can tell me the code number later on.

Interesting information on the translation patches!

Yeah, I have that one(Control enemy) along with the reclass into anything code.

Maybe you can tell me the code number later on.

Interesting information on the translation patches!

If no one minds, I'll just post the code on here:

Since this requires the previous translation v2.01 for the code to be easier to work with, renaming your save file to the same name as the old translation's rom would do (if you still have it on you), you can rename it back later when you're done with everything.

Not too experienced with AR codes but I'll try my best to explain:

Press Y+B on a unit change a Unit's portrait

94000130 FFFD0000

927FFFA8 F7FF0000

621BED30 00000000

B21BED30 00000000

20000041 000000xx

D2000000 00000000

For the code to work, use on a unit of your choice in the chapter, and then drag your cursor away from the unit and suspend save. Continue your suspend save data and move to the unit you used your code on, you will now have your new result of the character and their entire data replacing the unit. You can also use it on characters with unique portraits which works the same, but a faceless enemy seems more suitable and easier to work with.

41 is the address that contains the list of data to a unit's portrait.

xx is the value of the unit. Also, just for a heads up, each value contains a list of 3 units (don't know if it contains more but 3 seems agreeable at the moment) within the value. I don't have a complete list of values that contains the list of units yet but the xx value for the unit list from My Unit / Marth starts at 41. Each following value would have the next set of 3 units in order from the following chapter they appear or are recruited in.

Depending on how different the Class of the enemy you use on appears, the portrait's outcome turns out differently when using the code.

For Example:

Press Y+B on a ballistician to change portrait, name and everything into Jake

94000130 FFFD0000

927FFFA8 F7FF0000

621BED30 00000000

B21BED30 00000000

20000041 00000051

D2000000 00000000

Also contains Horace and Maris.

If you use it on a Cavalier, it becomes Maris. (Should also apply to all Cavaliers in the map/chapter)

If you use it on a Knight, it becomes Horace. (Should also apply to all Knights in the map/chapter)

Use on a Ballistician, it comes Jake. (Should also apply to all Ballisticians and thank god it becomes Jake)

Some different classes also gives you the same results of the same character. For instants, if there's a ballistician and a dracoknight on the map and you use the code above, the dracoknight also becomes Jake. But don't mind that. The main reason for this code is to place characters into unique classes. I can't guarantee that this applies to all chapters, though I'm most certain that it does.

Some notes to take on though, if changing a faceless enemy into a female such as Maris, Athena, or Caeda- for the character's outcome, they'll be using the male build sprite which will apply to all of their classes and vise versa to the Male units. This also makes them lose the ability to become pegasus knights and the knights + second class sets for the Male units. This only applies however, because of the fact that most enemies in the game are faceless males while only a few chapters includes enemies using the female build.

Just a little more I like to add here:

Change Portrait into Beck

94000130 FFFD0000

927FFFA8 F7FF0000

621BED30 00000000

B21BED30 00000000

20000041 00000053 - I'm most positive that the unit list here goes from Robert, Beck, and then Athena.

D2000000 00000000

Also contains Robert and Athena

Using this code on a Ballistician code turns it into Athena instead (or maybe Robert. I don't remember) That's when the NoName code below comes to play.

Change Portrait into NoName

94000130 FFFD0000

927FFFA8 F7FF0000

621BED30 00000000

B21BED30 00000000

20000041 00000060 - value should be correct.

D2000000 00000000

They're basically units found in the debug chapter. Nothing bad will happen if you have them in your army so you can add them if you wish.

This code should somewhat move a result for a character the code is supposed to become, into the character in the list that comes before.

For example: Using the Beck portrait code alone on a ballistician gives you Athena instead, and since the value containing the units go from Robert, Beck, and Athena, using the NoName code to make the enemy ballistician to become a NoName unit first should move the results of your unit's outcome, backwards so you won't get Athena on the ballistician, but Beck instead. Now using the Beck Portrait code on the ballistician will give you the final results of getting Beck into a ballistician. It may sound a little complicated but, it's worth it in the end.

Lastly, since you already have the enemy recruit code, I'll just leave this here in case anyone who doesn't have it yet, would be interested in it.

(Y+R) to make any Enemies Player-Controlled

94000130 FEFF0000

927FFFA8 F7FF0000

621BED30 00000000

B21BED30 00000000

2000004E 00000011

D2000000 00000000

Highlight a red unit and then use the code to make them blue

* Notes

- If playing Casual Mode, enemies recruits will return in the next chapter regardless if killed or not.

- If playing Classic Mode, enemies recruits will NOT join the party in the next chapter. Killing them off in classic mode and then reviving them with the aum staff will have them join your army.

- Killing boss units if they are blue units causes the game to freeze. Using a warp staff should easily move them off the seize square.

- Using a healing staff makes the recruited enemy turn dark (and possibly back into a red unit). It's happened to me a few times, causing the game to freeze upon completing the chapter.

- (For keeping them alive) Leave at least 2 or 3 enemies a live when recruiting an enemy unit and completing the chapter. Also suspend save before recruiting the enemy to ensure the game doesn't freeze upon completing the chapter. This is the recommended procedure for recruiting bosses.

-(For killing them and have them return in the next chapter) Killing them off allows you to safe suspend save. They will return in the next chapter if playing casual mode.

- Suspend saving after making a red unit blue causes the chapter to freeze when attempting to continue it. This is due the game being confused that the unit is in your party but not in your Unit List.

- Boss recruits and ballisticians will not have any movement in the next chapter. Have them selected in party in the chapter, save your game, and then reload the same chapter with the Chapter Warping code to allow them to move their spaces.

And that should be it. if there are any other issues with these codes, let me know. I only used it to recruit all possible units in the game.

Sorry I got a little carry away there, didn't mean to turn this into a AR code discussion.

But as for my play through, I've decided I'll be benching the 2 Ballisticians until the chapters they are recruited in. Seems more fair- and because Ballisticians don't return after chapter 5 until chapter 13x/15, I have to bench them. I've also decided I'll be posting videos, I'll get to it a soon as possible.

Also, if I may ask, does the reclass code you mentioned allows you to also reclass into thieves, manaketes, etc.?

Edited by Unit

Thank you very much for the Codes, and explanation!

Yes, the reclass code does indeed allow me to reclass units to Ballisticians, and Thieves to Manaketes!

That's neat! If not much to ask, would it be alright if you send me the code?

I sent it.

Sorry about the lateness, things were keeping me busy, especially when it came to emulation.

5223540C E59F2044
0223640C E3A00001
0223C47C E3A00622
0223C484 E2800912
0223C6FC EA00000D
E223C738 00000018
E3580001 1358000B
13580036 13580038
0A000019 EA00000D
0223D310 05D41058
0223D668 E5D40058
0223DA28 E3A00001
D0000000 00000000
521D3CE4 E59F02A8
021D4CEC EA000022
D0000000 00000000

This works for boss classes, and can be used to unpromote.
Edited by Emperor Hardin

I sent it.

Sorry about the lateness, things were keeping me busy, especially when it came to emulation.

5223540C E59F2044
0223640C E3A00001
0223C47C E3A00622
0223C484 E2800912
0223C6FC EA00000D
E223C738 00000018
E3580001 1358000B
13580036 13580038
0A000019 EA00000D
0223D310 05D41058
0223D668 E5D40058
0223DA28 E3A00001
D0000000 00000000
521D3CE4 E59F02A8
021D4CEC EA000022
D0000000 00000000

This works for boss classes, and can be used to unpromote.

Sorry for being late as well. Now that I've gotten some free time, I've been able to make some progress. And awesome! I appreciate you providing me reclassing code. This saves me more time instead of replacing the enemy Ballisticians in Chapters 3 and 5, but rather just reclassing them into it after recruiting them.

Also got some videos up just to keep this updated on my Hard* playthrough.

Prologue 2

Prologue 4

Edited by Unit