The Radiant Hero and The Hero King

Ziose0

Doing some research across fire emblem titles in general I found myself wrapping my mind around the concept of Priam. He's clearly a descendant of Ike, from a distant land. However, due to the natural of the taguel being definitely related (or just interchangeable) to laguz and Chrom and the Avatar clearly knowing about Ike, I'm sure we all come to the same conclusion they exist in the same universe without considering the outrealm gate and Chrom mentioning that Ike came from another world? (though that may have been a translation error idk.) But that then poses this question:

Do the events of Radiant Dawn predate the events of Shadow Dragon?

Both have different....great otherworldly beings (Naga vs. Ashera) however they share many similarities as well. I'm curious if anyone knows for sure based on anything I could have definitely overlooked or just have theories of their own. I'm just very curious and kind of wanting to work with a concept using this idea in some way.

Edited by Ziose0

Hmm, not sure about "universe", but Ike and Chrom's worlds are definitely in the same multiverse.

Chrom's remark about Ike/the Radiant Hero being from another world isn't a translation error and I'm sure it's meant to be read literally. (Plus at the end of Radiant Dawn, Ike was "never seen again" and the easiest way to disappear is to travel to another land... or in this case a whole new world.)

Anyway, in the grand multiverse, I do think it's likely Radiant Dawn predates Shadow Dragon.

For one, Radiant Dawn is the only game that directly talks about the origin story--making it clear that Ashunera created the world.

Secondly, Radiant Dawn seems to explain the origins of the Manakete and to an extent, the Taguel in Awakening, by inventing the Laguz. The Laguz have the ability to shape-shift at will, which the Manaketes of Shadow Dragon once had, before a grand catastrophe occurred.

As for Naga, well she is simply a really powerful dragon; she even says that she and Grima are not gods.

Yeah its hard to say. The generally accepted thing is that Ike either went through the outrealms or traveled extensively before eventually settling down somewhere in the world of Awakening having a kid and so on so forth you get Priam generations later. Another speculation is that Priam is actually directly related to Mist and Boyd but still descended from Ike just in a different way.

Edited by LordTaco42

Hmm, not sure about "universe", but Ike and Chrom's worlds are definitely in the same multiverse.

Chrom's remark about Ike/the Radiant Hero being from another world isn't a translation error and I'm sure it's meant to be read literally. (Plus at the end of Radiant Dawn, Ike was "never seen again" and the easiest way to disappear is to travel to another land... or in this case a whole new world.)

Anyway, in the grand multiverse, I do think it's likely Radiant Dawn predates Shadow Dragon.

For one, Radiant Dawn is the only game that directly talks about the origin story--making it clear that Ashunera created the world.

Secondly, Radiant Dawn seems to explain the origins of the Manakete and to an extent, the Taguel in Awakening, by inventing the Laguz. The Laguz have the ability to shape-shift at will, which the Manaketes of Shadow Dragon once had, before a grand catastrophe occurred.

As for Naga, well she is simply a really powerful dragon; she even says that she and Grima are not gods.

Makes plenty of sense honestly, thank you! Like I've had these thoughts but you almost perfectly explained it.

Yeah its hard to say. The generally accepted thing is that Ike either went through the outrealms or traveled extensively before eventually settling down somewhere in the world of Awakening having a kid and so on so forth you get Priam generations later. Another speculation is that Priam is actually directly related to Mist and Boyd but still descended from Ike just in a different way.

I've never heard of that theory O__O that's odd...so like Mist and Boyd being canon too? Odder...

I've always thought the interpretation is purposely vague. Vincent's thinking is probably the norm, but iirc Donnel and Olivia's support is about Naesala and Leanne, in the form of a song. Which would make the events of PoR/RD ... mutually fictional.

That would be interesting and would make the outrealm gate interesting relating it to a fictional world (within a fictional world) but seeing how events in Awakening directly prove that Ike is definitely the ancestor of Priam, it's hard to call it a myth within the universe.

I've always thought the interpretation is purposely vague. Vincent's thinking is probably the norm, but iirc Donnel and Olivia's support is about Naesala and Leanne, in the form of a song. Which would make the events of PoR/RD ... mutually fictional.

I'm a bit confused by what you mean about mutually fictional. Can you explain a bit?