Introduction

S3RAPH

Wow, you're pretty brave with your personal information.

Anyways, welcome to the forest! I'm sure you'll fit in.

Haha like I said, I am not very used to interacting with people online, don't quite know what should or shouldn't be shared... any tips would be appreciated :)

Welcome to SF, this place is great. Most of the time the people are fairly nice towards each other, just dont mess with the Awakening players waifus lol.

Good to see a Genealogy fan its a really good game. Ahem Lachesis and Fin for life!

Welcome to Airport 1001! Beware the Death Rogumer in the vicinity.

Anyways... My opinion on Genealogy is one that might shock most people here.

just dont mess with the Awakening players waifus lol.

More like, don't make people feel bad for having Awakening as their favorite game.

Welcome to the forums, BigSun. I hear a lot how well loved Holy War is, I don't think I'd be far off in saying that Holy War and Blazing Sword might just be the two favorites of the Fire Emblem fanbase... well maybe Sacred Stones as well?

And there's no real "rule" to how much information you give about yourself, it's really whatever you feel comfortable with. I always end my introductions with a question of some kind, so:

Who's your favorite FE Lord? Specifically in terms of character.

Edited by Deviddo

Deviddo - That's a tough one! Maybe Erika? Or Ephraim. What's yours? And I thought Awakening was pretty great gameplay wise, I enjoy the support system and pairing system a lot. Just felt like the story was a bit simpler than I like - the reason I love Holy War so much is the heart-wrenching story :D

Deviddo - That's a tough one! Maybe Erika? Or Ephraim. What's yours? And I thought Awakening was pretty great gameplay wise, I enjoy the support system and pairing system a lot. Just felt like the story was a bit simpler than I like - the reason I love Holy War so much is the heart-wrenching story :D

Oh I don't mind if people don't like aspects or just dislike Awakening in general, but I've just seen some very individuals act hatefully towards those that started with Awakening, or really like it. The issue isn't really that apparent here as much as it is everywhere else. (I mean I've seen some people say the series should've died with Awakening, or that the fanbase that Awakening brought the series? Worthless, and FE would be better off without them)

However, my favorite Lord and character overall, is Chrom. Not the most popular choice, but, I really enjoy the bond he shares with the Avatar, how much he believes in him/her, and how he's willing to do anything to protect them. On a lesser note, he starts off as this incredibly aggressive sort of guy, but by the battle with Walhart he's doing his best to do what his sister would've wanted.

So yeah... Personally, I hate FE4, and think it's overrated to hell and back. As to why...

-The maps. They're much too big to the point where I'd need serious time investment just to clear one chapter, to say nothing of generally poor design. I also can't stand the thought of needing to slow down constantly so part of my army could catch up.

-The mechanics. IMO, a good deal of FE4's mechanics make the game unplayable on account of just being plain stupid (The individual money system, the trading system, and fixed weapon ranks especially).

-The characters. I personally can't bring myself to care for, or even outright dislike pretty much everyone in FE4... That is, except for Lana (I especially despise Sigurd most of all!).

(Admittedly, I haven't played it, and I don't ever intend to play it, because it ain't like I'll convert from playing it)

Huh. A good story doesn't mean much of anything to me if I have to slog though crappy gameplay to experience it..

Edited by Levant Colthearts

So yeah... Personally, I hate FE4, and think it's overrated to hell and back. As to why...

can we please not use the word "overrated"

it basically means "everyone is wrong and/or biased except for me"

instead can we just accept that people have different tastes

I mean I get that you're not forcing people to think differently but it's just so overly generalizing

if i had a dollar for every time someone called a game i love for understandable reasons overrated

i'd have enough money to buy all of those games again

But hey, welcome! Nice to meet you. I don't post that much nor am I in the chat very often, but you seem nice enough.

can we please not use the word "overrated"

it basically means "everyone is wrong and/or biased except for me"

instead can we just accept that people have different tastes

I mean I get that you're not forcing people to think differently but it's just so overly generalizing

if i had a dollar for every time someone called a game i love for understandable reasons overrated

i'd have enough money to buy all of those games again

But hey, welcome! Nice to meet you. I don't post that much nor am I in the chat very often, but you seem nice enough.

Okay then. I guess "overhyped" would be more appropriate?