On Project Naga...

Lantairu

I'd really like to get ahold of him to ask a few questions about ASM hacking FE2 =/

Don't we all have questions?

He's alive,yet he's not working on Resire.

Edited by Starman

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crap so is no one working on the actual patch? I know the translation is done

As i said before, the translation is not done. It is still very much a rough draft. That being said, we are pretty likely to end up with a complete translation and no patcher.

As i said before, the translation is not done. It is still very much a rough draft. That being said, we are pretty likely to end up with a complete translation and no patcher.

Well, that sure would suck and be terrible preparation on the project leader's side. Honestly, he probably has something figured out, just like you said, it isn't completely finished.

So what is the issue now? The script or hacking?

The hacking. The script is not quite done yet, but it is almost done and proceeding at a rapid clip. On the other hand, the hacking appears to have been stalled for months

The hacking. The script is not quite done yet, but it is almost done and proceeding at a rapid clip. On the other hand, the hacking appears to have been stalled for months

Anything specific in the way? All the required tools for inserting a script are available, as is documentation on any script control codes.

I hope it's not the compatible issue with the new Windows.

I really want to know what the issue is, and if I can help.

I really doubt that's it, considering that doesn't seem to be a common problem and people can just download a virtual PC with an older OS on it.

I want to point this out before it's too late

WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THE LEVIN SWORD TRANSLATED AS "BOLT SWORD"?

It's the official NoA name after all, and smash bros. has made it a sort of spotlight item, for better or worse.

Also, Jugdral is connected to Archanea, correct? Are you attempting to be most consistent name wise with the GBA games, the Tellius Games, or Shadow Dragon? Since Jugdral is connected to Archanea....

Edited by Hero of the Fire Emblems

I want to point this out before it's too late

WHY ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH IS THE LEVIN SWORD TRANSLATED AS "BOLT SWORD"?

It's the official NoA name after all, and smash bros. has made it a sort of spotlight item, for better or worse.

Also, Jugdral is connected to Archanea, correct? Are you attempting to be most consistent name wise with the GBA games, the Tellius Games, or Shadow Dragon? Since Jugdral is connected to Archanea....

Maybe it's just because Lewyn is also known by many as Levin and just to remove the slight risk of confusion, bolt sword would be a good option.

Maybe it's just because Lewyn is also known by many as Levin and just to remove the slight risk of confusion, bolt sword would be a good option.

That is an absolutely pitiful excuse, especially since you're calling him Lewyn in this translation. That's like keeping Sileph as Serlis to avoid confusion. You could at least acknowledge the NoA name is "Levin Sword" in the chart, but the fact an NoA name isn't even mentioned makes it seem like you just didn't do your homework.

Yes Jugdral and Archanea are in the same world but the only thing connecting them is Loptyr is an Earth Dragon from Archanea and he makes a blood pact with a sage(I think) from Jugdral.

My question was are they therefore going to be most consistent with Archanea or are they going to be consistent with the GBA games or Tellius in terms of their translation whenever there is conflict between translations for certain items.

That is an absolutely pitiful excuse, especially since you're calling him Lewyn in this translation. That's like keeping Sileph as Serlis to avoid confusion. You could at least acknowledge the NoA name is "Levin Sword" in the chart, but the fact an NoA name isn't even mentioned makes it seem like you just didn't do your homework.

Hence why I said a very slight chance. I never said that was why. And I'm not stupid, I know what I'm talking about. My very loose guess was that Lewyn/Levin is actually a prominent character in that game, leading to a chance to avoid slight risk. I don't think that's a good theory, I was making a guess, and nothing more.

Edited by Lantairu

Keep in mind that this was before there existed only one magical equivalent for each of the three weapon types of the weapon triangle.

Since there is a magical sword equivalent of all 4 magic types the player has access to (Fire, Wind, Thunder, Light), it's reasonable to intuitively name them after their tome counterparts. Levin is an archaic form of 'lightning', yes, but I can see how this would be somewhat out of place and another choice be taken.

Unless it's just an overlook on bookofholsety's part, I guess that's possible?

Edited by Topazd

Unless it's just an overlook on bookofholsety's part, I guess that's possible?

Probably why no NoA name was mentioned so I decided to point out the oversight before it was too late

I especially doubt there wuld be the disclaimer of "Im using official names all of them no matter how stupid so you can't change that" and then make this one exception unless it was an oversight; the lack of an NoA name being listed supports that. They do acknowledge the noa name for Light is Lightning, when they made that minor change to it.

welcome to modern FE fan translation

i really dislike some of the name changues ( dermutt ...ugh ) , but i'm mostly excited for the script. And finally having an actual playable Thracia776. bookofholsety has done an amazing job at this all.

i mourn the loss of sylvia's original talk with sigurd"Ever seen a little girl with THESE before?"

ehh not too bothered by that

nuns and warfare being replaced with cleric ill suited for battle pains me though

although if it's more accurate, i'm fine with it

i just liked the less formal way seliph talked in the older patches it seemed more fitting for a younger man

but ehh considering he's actually older than a lot of other lords it kinda makes sense

he just looks so cute it's hard to believe

fuck i said ehh twice

Edited by maybe

ehh not too bothered by that

nuns and warfare being replaced with cleric ill suited for battle pains me though

although if it's more accurate, i'm fine with it

i just liked the less formal way seliph talked in the older patches it seemed more fitting for a younger man

but ehh considering he's actually older than a lot of other lords it kinda makes sense

he just looks so cute it's hard to believe

That's the main thing that I'll miss with his translation, with the "Nuns and warfare DO NOT MIX" being a prime example. One thing I noticed on my second playthrough when I was using the Twilikitri patch was the humorous dialogue at the beginning of Chapter 9 acknowledging how they didn't finish that part. Little side note.

Edited by Lantairu

i really dislike some of the name changues ( dermutt ...ugh ) , but i'm mostly excited for the script. And finally having an actual playable Thracia776. bookofholsety has done an amazing job at this all.

Thankfully we don't have to use a patch we do not like; moreover, one can always change the content they dislike if they really want to.

The interesting part is a belligerence to chose one option over all others, instead of making alternative naming options for a community to choose from. oh well

I just wonder if any patch will translate Heirhein as Highland, because it is the proper translation.

Huh, didn't know that.

So is MP2E still working on Resire?

I'm pretty sure that has been dead for awhile.