On Project Naga...

Lantairu

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know (FE4) script is done,but what about the patcher?(I even made a post about it)

Speaking of which, perhaps you could tell us the progress of the patch, Holsety?

I haven't read much of the script but it seems pretty good, I honestly just want to know how to pronounce Taillte.

Preferably without spit.

In all seriousness I think it's just supposed to be "tail-tee." Now Cairpre I'm clueless on.

In all seriousness I think it's just supposed to be "tail-tee." Now Cairpre I'm clueless on.

It's OBVIOUSLY Care-Pray. Or is it CAYR-Pray. Or, Car-Pray? Hmmmmmm.

Is this not in playable form yet? Going to hold out on FE4 and FE5 until these are done, I suppose.

Don't know the progress on the patch. Translation is done for FE4, but not in patch form.

Don't know the progress on the patch. Translation is done for FE4, but not in patch form.

THe rough draft of the translation still needs to be edited. The text inserting tool is also incomplete.

I thought there are tools for inserting text already.

I remember reading somewhere that the tools for inserting text were lost, but I think that was about FE3. I do remember reading I think that he has someone making a custom text inserting tool for some reason.

I remember reading somewhere that the tools for inserting text were lost, but I think that was about FE3. I do remember reading I think that he has someone making a custom text inserting tool for some reason.

You're talking about MP2E, who was working on the tool called Resire. His progress is on github.

https://github.com/MP2E/codeofnaga

Though note the date of the last commit.

I thought there are tools for inserting text already.

There are, and i do not believe that fe4's have been lost, but i heard that they are generally a nightmare to use. Theoretically, you could use them, but no one wants to because of how annoying they are. That being said, i belive that lamia is using them for her fe4 hack, although don't quote me on that.

Twilkitri and J2E's stuff is still around. And SpyroDi made a simple ASCII patch for the Twilkitri translation, so anyone can edit the text without a table file.

• 2 weeks later...

Please tell me the FE4 title isn't based on the 3DS games' in this project.

The title logo resembles closely the style of the Japanese GBA games, plus Thracia 776 has an english fe logo (sort of)

Why not make it based on GBA or Thracia?

The title logo resembles closely the style of the Japanese GBA games, plus Thracia 776 has an english fe logo (sort of)

Personally, and this may sound weird, but the title screen is actually what I'm most excited for. It just looks so good! Though, I couldn't care less about font. That's even more nitpicky than the name stuff we were talking about earlier.

Oh, just looked at it myself.

Yeah, it's kinda ew lol I never liked Awakening's title font

Edited by L95

It's not even that I dislike Awakening's title font it's just the font of the Japanese text for Awakening/Fates is completely different from the font for FE4; FE4 closely resembles the font used for FE3, FE6, FE7, FE8, and the tiny little Japanese text title in FE9's logo (not the big english font). it should look like either Shadow Dragon's english title, the English title used for the two english GBA games, or just copy and paste the english logo font from Thracia and recolor it gold.

Oh, just looked at it myself.

Yeah, it's kinda ew lol I never liked Awakening's title font

I didn't care for Awakening's font either, but it actually looks quite good here in my opinion. It just looks more refined. The only complaint I would have is that the subtitle is a bit cramped, but what are you going to do when you have a title like "Genealogy of the Holy War".

I didn't care for Awakening's font either, but it actually looks quite good here in my opinion. It just looks more refined. The only complaint I would have is that the subtitle is a bit cramped, but what are you going to do when you have a title like "Genealogy of the Holy War".

Again it's that the japanese font matches the GBA or FE3 font more so it should be either fe7's english logo with a gold recolor, FE11's logo with a gold recolor, or just copy paste FE5's english logo here and color it gold =/ Based on the japanese font alone

Again it's that the japanese font matches the GBA or FE3 font more so it should be either fe7's english logo with a gold recolor, FE11's logo with a gold recolor, or just copy paste FE5's english logo here and color it gold =/ Based on the japanese font alone

Fair enough. Personally, and this kind of goes a bit back to the name thing. I don't care if it fits, I just care about what looks/sounds the best.