Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Jean brought a gun to a knife fight!

Jean moves to 11,6!
Jean shoots at Bandit #5!
18 Atk, 81% Hit, 10% Crit
(56 56)
Bandit #5 takes 18 damage! (7/25 HP remaining)
(14)
Jean activates Adept!
(16, 96)
Jean finishes Bandit #5!

Jean gains 33 XP!
Jean gains 2 Firearms WEXP!
"What's all this, then? Is he a wizard? Be careful, fellas, he might be able to kill us with that wand of his!"
Edited by Shin

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a rather uneventful trip to the lakeside manor, Adele had been rather bored... quite bored, in fact. Entertaining guests was a chore at best, and at worst... best not to speak of it. Regardless of any of that, Jeeves soon burst into the room, and it appeared a raid was in progress.

Not what she had been hoping for to pass the time, but there was no out to it now, she supposed. Taking a hold of Nacht from the hiding space in the carriage they had taken, Adele reached the doors just in time to catch Jean's warcry and his gun going off. She was in awe for a moment, at the display. She couldn't let him steal all the glory, however. Charging towards one of the nearby axemen, tearing her dress off and down to a smaller skirt as she ran, for less drag and catching, she swung Nacht down upon him...

Adele moves to 8,7 and uses Nacht on Bandit #4

Adele really puts a hamper on Bandit #4's day.

Adele moves to 8,7!
Adele attacks Bandit #4 with Nacht!
11 Atk, 89% Hit 24% Crit
(16,46)
Bandit #4 takes 11 damage! (14/25 HP remaining)
10 Atk, 71% Hit 4% Crit
(87 53)
Bandit #4 misses!
(50, 52)
Bandit #4 takes 11 damage! (3/25 HP remaining)

Adele gains 10 XP!
Adele gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Departure had been clean, it was easy to sneak Cass past the morning shift guards --it was better to not let too many know of their departure altogether, anyways. Yet, the rest of Owen's plan came to a halt after crossing that one village.

"Tch." Owen squinted his eyes as a frown formed, distaste as he watched the village's predicament. "Nothing worse to damper the spirits." Sighing, Owen unsheathed his sword, "Let us put these cowards out of their petty lives."

Owen onwards to (16,6).

Gerrard frowned at what he saw, bandits attacking the people of Wyke. It is good we came this way, otherwise these villains would be free to run rampant over our people. Now all that we must do is dispose of the trash ourselves.

Gerrard to 17,8, finish Bandit #3 with Iron Blade.

Edited by Oersquirrel

Miscreants. Living by the sword, preying on the innocent... not even the might to back that up. There is no strength in this. If only he could have had the point guard... he could have slain that bandit through the woods. Ah, well. Mayhaps he could bring up the matter later. For now--it's time to charge. Soon, the wolf will hunt the fox.

"Come, snakes! Fight like men, and perhaps I won't leave you for the crows in a pile of dog shit!"

Angus moves to (18,8); equips Hand Axe

If Gerrard miraculously fails to kill Bandit #3: Attack him with Hand Axe

Edited by Terrador

"Woo!" Cass was feeling pretty good so far. It was pretty much like sparring-- that was, until she spilled the bandit's blood. He screamed, in both anger and pain, and swung back at her. She'd managed to dodge it, probably by being on so high alert, startled by his reaction. But that seriously got her blood pumping more than she'd ever expected. This is real fighting, huh? If I get hit here, it'll hurt, and I might... She swallowed, hard, regaining her balance and taking a deep breath. Just stay calm; don't let your adrenaline take over. "Angus!" she shouted over, figuring something lighthearted would help her stay in it, "language! Just because we fight with them doesn't mean we act like them!" That made her smile, just a bit.

Owen casually strolls to 16,6!

Gerrard also breaks some faces.

Gerrard moves to 17,8!
Gerrard attacks Bandit #3 with his Iron Blade!
Gerrard is affected by Owen and his Charisma!
15 Atk, 100% Hit 5% Crit
(61 25 55)
Bandit #3 falls!

Gerrard gains 33 XP!
Gerrard gains 2 Sword WEXP! 
Angus moves to 18,8 and equips his Hand Axe!
Jeeves heeds his orders.
"I will attempt my best not to drop dead, sir. It's not exactly an order I oppose."

Lionel was shocked to already see bandits out this far.

"Blackhearts!" He roared drawing his lance.

He carefully surveyed the area, the bandit force was somewhat large, but compared to the trained warriors he had gathered for Prince Owen he wasn't too worried about this fight.

After Cass, Gerrard and Clarie had dispatched the 2 bandits nearest, Lionel had some small bit of praise, "Well done, but this fight is far from over. Stay alert, especially you Prince Owen. I don't like the looks of this.." Lionel thought for a moment. "If I may suggest interrogating the enemy commander?" He grimaced "That could be dangerous, but if we can manage it without much harm I'd highly suggest it so we may be able to gather information from the cur leading these ruffians"

Lionel moves to 16, 8

And upon noticing Princess Cassandras brief pained look, thought to say something, but decided against it. Twas probably best for Owen or Angus to help her with this first real bout. He had other concerns..

"Did Sir William manage to get to Kylander territory through these bandits!?" It was racing in his mind, as he thought of a battle plan.

Edited by Jedi

Lionel moves. NEAT.

Graham does his own thing too.

Graham moves to 8,6
Graham attacks Brigand #4 with his Iron Bow!
Not even worth calculating, he dead!

Graham gains 33 XP!
Graham gains 2 Bow WEXP!

ENEMY PHASE - MAP 1A

Brigand #4 moves to 15,10!

Brigand #5 moves to 16,10!

Brigand #7 moves to 16,12!

Hunter #3 moves to 18,10 to attack Angus!

Hunter #3 attacks Angus with his Iron Bow!
6 Atk, 88% Hit 4% Crit
(10, 90)
Angus takes 6 damage! (25/31 HP remaining)
Angus counters with his Hand Axe!
12 Atk, 43% Hit, 0% Crit
(59 14)
Angus fails to respond!

Angus gains 5XP!
Angus gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Sidney moves to 3,13!

Thief #1 moves to 3,12!

CHAPTER 1A TURN 2

75011ab445b2058fd667a9ebb71701a3.png

Spreadsheet

Edited by Shin

ENEMY PHASE - MAP 1B

"They're be having a wizard, they are! Watch yourselves fellas!

Brigand #1 moves to 12,6!

Brigand #1 attacks Jean with his Iron Axe!
11 Atk 66% Hit 0% Crit
(29, 76)
Jean takes 11 damage!
Jean counters with his Handcannon!
19 Atk 81% Hit 10% Crit
(69 94)
Brigand #4 takes 19 damage! (6/25 HP remaining)
(41)
Jean gains 10 XP!
Jean gains 1 Firearms WEXP!

Brigand #2 moves to 4,8!
Brigand #6 moves to 9,6!

"They didn't say the prince was wearing this much armour, I've have brought a bigger axe if I knew!"

Brigand #6 attacks Graham with his Iron Axe!
4 Damage 67% Hit 0% Crit
(55 49)
Graham takes 4 damage! (26/30 HP remaining)
(67 14)
Graham somehow dodges!

Graham gains 5XP!

Sellsword #1 moves to 7,7!

Sellsword #1 attacks Adele with his Iron Sword!
7 Atk, 100% Hit 9% Crit
(93 96)
Adele takes 7 damage! (15/22 HP remanining)
Adele counters with Nacht!
12 Atk, 63% Hit, 26% Crit
(38, 14)
Sellsword #1 is hacked to pieces!

Adele gains 33 XP!
Adele gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Sellsword #2 moves to 11,7!

Sellsword #2 attacks Jean with his Iron Blade!
10 Atk 71% Hit 2% Crit
(4 83)
Jean takes 10 damage! (1/22 HP remanining)
Jean shoots in response!
20 Atk 79% Hit 10% Crit
(23 37)
Sellsword #2 takes 20 damage! (3HP remaining)
(36)

Jean gains 10 XP!
Jean gains 1 Firearms WEXP!

EDIT: Thanks SF for eating half the phase. tldr: Jeeves critblicked the merc who attacked him, gg. Niko and Doug also appear.

209a7a0e31f374ea27b3126ec4e2b96a.png

Edited by Shin

Jean cursed under his breath. Perhaps he'd been too gung-ho about charging out. He vowed to pay the wounds he suffered back in turn. After engaging in close quarters, the lance on his back may be better. Grabbing it, he charged the nearest enemy.

Jean moves to 10, 7 and attempts to impale Sellsword #2 with an Iron Lance.

Adele had managed to trade favourably with the first brigand, her axe biting twice into his flesh, whilst evading the man's own counterattack. He was soon finished off by her brother, and the opposing forces began to move in. It was at that point that a swordsman engaged her, and while his blade left a stinging pain where she had been lightly stricken, her opponent came out far worse for wear, as she brought Nacht down on his exposed head, the man crumpling to the floor in a heap of blood and grey matter.

What a rush it was. Seeing Jean back away from another brigand in favour of a swordman, and using his lance this time, rather unfortunately, Adele stepped in to take his place, swinging down at the injured brigand to finish him off.

Adele moves to 11,6 and attempts to brain Brigand #1 with her Bronze Axe

Jean moves to 10,7!

Jean attacks Sellsword #2 with his Iron Lance!
(11, 1)
Yeah, no need for numbers

Jean gains 33 XP!
Jean gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Adele moves to 11,6!

Adele attacks Brigand #1 with her Bronze Axe!
9 Atk 87% Hit -% Crit
(98)
Adele misses!
Brigand #1 attacks back with his Iron Axe!
10 Atk, 71% Hit, 4% Crit
(34 13)
Adele takes 10 damage! (8/25 HP remaining)

Adele gains 5XP!
Adele gains 1 Axe WEXP!

A confident smile found it's way onto Gerrard's face as he felled the bandit. "Allow me the first strike." He nodded towards the royal siblings and dashed off to make another bandit's day all that much worse.

Gerrard to 17,10, Iron Blade Bandit #5.

Graham moves to 9,8!

Graham attacks Brigand #6 with his Iron Bow!
12 Atk, 95% Hit, 0% Crit
(38, 3)
Brigand #6 takes 12 damage! (13/25 HP remaining)

Graham gains 10 XP!
Graham gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Meanwhile, somewhere else, Gerrard moves to 17,10!

Gerrard attacks Brigand #5 with his Iron Blade!
14 Atk 98% Hit, 5% Crit
(69, 79, 42)
Brigand #5 takes 14 damage! (10/24 HP remaining)
Brigand #5 tries to fight back with his Bronze Axe!
7 Atk 47% Hit --%Crit
(29)
Gerrard takes 7 damage! (18/25 HP remaining)

Gerrard gains 10 XP!
Gerrard gains 1 Sword WEXP!
Edited by Shin

The Reliants had been attempting to find their way to a town to see if anyone would hire them but had gotten slightly lost along the way. As they were trying to find their way, they heard the unmistakeable sounds of battle. Niko frowned and called out to Doug. "What's the battle look like? Who's fighting who?"

[spoiler=Chapter 0: Last of the Reliants]

(joint post by Scorri and myself)

The Reliants of Deira once numbered a couple dozen mercenaries trying to make their home a better place. They were not the best, nor the largest or the richest. They were the most loyal though. Whatever contract they took was completed to their clients’ satisfaction. They did not use boastful words to prove themselves but let their hard work show their worth to the world.

That noble group was reduced to two members, on the run from whoever massacred the rest of their group. It had been two days since they hid away in the wilderness of Wyke, taking temporary residence in an unoccupied cave. The last of the Reliants consisted of former second in command (now commander) Niko Eurus, a pegasus that seemed older than the country they were residing in, and the rider Doug Magee.

They had to leave Deira in a hurry, with nothing but the clothes on their back and whatever supplies left over from their previous mission. This was unfortunate for Doug: all the clothes he had to his name was his peg knight uniform. Most would think they only made those for women and they would be correct. Doug was in full combat gear, dress included. It was the only way he could get the pegasus to accept him as a rider. He generally only wore the uniform when he had to fly, but with the rest of his clothes turned to ash, he didn’t have the luxury. It certainly made foraging interesting.

It was only days ago when Doug’s main concern was if his stockings made him look more or less of a man. He had lost friends in the massacre too. He hadn’t shared any of it with Niko however. Doug had only joined the Reliants a month ago. Niko was born into it. This was his family that was killed. How could his feelings compare? Saying anything would be disingenuous. Doug did what he usually did and kept everything calm on the outside.

Doug hadn’t spoken to Niko about that night. What could Doug say? Well, other than…

“So…we’re running low on rations. We should start thinking about heading into town.” Indeed, they couldn’t live off of nearby berries forever. They would eventually have to find work.

Niko had been largely in shock since his commander had shoved him into Doug's grip and he'd been flown away from the slaughter that had resulted from their taking of what seemed like a simple job. Doug had flown them to safety and they'd been living in a cave since. He had largely been staring at walls since, still unable to comprehend that the people he considered his family were dead. He didn't know the fate of his parents, since they had left the group a year or two ago, but from the slaughter of the innocents that lived at their former base, he wasn't holding out hope for the former members of the group either.

A voice interrupted his dark thoughts, and he looked up at the pegasus rider in front of him. He still wasn't entirely sure what to make of the outfit Doug was forced to wear to ride the pegasus, but he couldn't exactly question it right now. Not when the strange young man was responsible for him being alive. He sighed, and nodded. "Ri--" He coughed, his voice a bit rusty from not having been used much the past few days. "Right. I... Yes, we should. I have a small amount of money left over from... from before. It's in my bag over there. Take what you need."

"I still have a bit of my last pay, thanks," Doug replied. He patted his pegasus behind the head, signaling him to get up. The rider started adjusting the saddle in preparation for departure.

"I guess it's Commander now, huh?" Doug figured there was no point in hiding the obvious, yet it felt weird bringing it up casually. He hoped continuing would dull the awkwardness. "Should we go back to port, maybe to the capital, maybe further south? The port might have more jobs, even if we're just moving stuff off a boat."

Niko laughed bitterly at hearing himself called Commander and shrugged. "I suppose technically yes, but don't worry about calling me that. I don't deserve that title. Our last commander died in battle trying to protect his people. I let myself be carried away by a cross dressing boy." As soon as the words were out of his mouth, he regretted them slightly, but the truth was he had meant them too. He'd let himself get taken away by someone 12 years his junior, so clearly he hadn't truly been trying hard enough to stay. It wasn't Doug's fault, but he was an easy target for his anger.

Doug paused in front of his pegasus. If Niko was any other man, he'd have already been out the door, er, cave. He did not take comments about his attire very well. To hear it from his new commander made it feel like he was never really part of the Reliants. He turned around and gave him a piece of his mind.

"No, no, no. You didn't let yourself escape. You followed the last order of the commander. You did that because, as second-in-command, you were responsible for what was left of the Reliants. At least, that was the story I was telling. But hey! If you don't think I'm good enough for the Reliants, by all means fire me and I'll be on my way!"

"I never asked to be saved! You think I want to be here, knowing that our companions gave their lives so we could escape? Knowing that whoever killed them could easily kill my parents if they wanted? I don't want any of this! I just... I want my family back!" He slammed his fist into the wall, barely holding back tears as he refused to make eye contact with the Pegasus rider. Eventually he let out a small sigh and some of the anger fell from his body as his shoulders slumped. "I shouldn't have said that about you. You... you're a member of the Reliants. If you want out, I won't blame you but don't ever question if you belong, alright? You've proven yourself plenty."

Doug followed up with his own sigh, turning back to his steed and scratching his head in frustration. Both were pretty high strung after the other night. He thought it better to just move onto business. The rider reached into one of the saddlebags and pulled out a rolled up map.

"Grabbed this while we were at the port," Doug said as he knelt down and unfurled the map upon the floor cave. "The southeast pretty much borders Magonsaete. If anyone has gigs, they'll be there."

Doug waited for Niko's commands, hoping his casual tone would have calmed them down.

"Yeah, sure. Lots of people looking..." He cut himself off, shook his head and then continue. "It's a good idea and as good of a place as any to start. Very well. Let's do that."

With that, Doug rolled up the map and handed it over to Niko.

"For future travel decisions," Doug said. The rider then went to his pegasus and mounted, preparing for flight.

"I'll scout ahead of you, in case we run into anything."

And so, the last of the Reliants set off for parts unknown…

The journey of the Reliants across Wyke was relatively quiet. Doug was currently scouting ahead of his commander Niko, keeping an eye out for settlements. They were in need of supplies after their sudden departure from Deira. Hopefully, this town would have some well off folks that needed a pair of mercs to do something in exchange for gold.

What Doug saw instead was a group of nobles being surrounded by bandits trying to raid their manor. Niko had seen something similar and returned over to his commander to provide the details.

“Well, looks like four rather well off people are being surrounded by eight or so bandits trying to ransack the manor up ahead. Ah, the classic ‘nobles about to be murdered and pillaged’ mission.”

Such an opportunity could lead to a contact or even a job, if they didn’t get a gold reward from this act of heroism. On top of that, people would be saved. Doug waited for the order to engage.

“Shall we?” Doug was ready for a victory.

A ghost of a smile floated on Niko's face before disappearing. "Well then. There's only one choice for people like us, no? Lets go get this done." Moving forward, he planted himself solidly in front of the mansion and pointed at the bandit. "The Reliants are here to help save the day. We're few but we're strong!" Pulling one of his tomes out of his bag, he sent a giant fireball straight towards the bandit's face.

Niko to 9-5, blast Bandit 6 with Fire

Perhaps Angus was too busy licking his wounds from that archer to respond, Cass pouting slightly. Unfortunately for them all, the battle was still going on, and she figured this would come up sooner or later. Gerrard had charged forward to cut into one of the approaching bandits, leaving him far worse for wear. How he swung that giant blade around was beyond her, but it didn't quite matter now. Alright, so, you're... You're going to try and kill someone. Cass shook her head a bit, picked her axe up, and charged at him, swinging for the shoulder.

Cass to 16,9, axing questions to Bandit #5

Edited by Snake Mom

“Come on, Oldtimer. Time to rescue the privileged people of Wyke.”

The pegasus swooped into the air and back down into the fray; the sudden appearance of the flying steed likely took several bandits by surprise. Doug landed right behind Adele. She seemed a little too well groomed to be a professional fighter, yet she did have two axes. One of them Doug had never seen before.

“Ooh that’s neat,” the rider said as he grabbed Adele’s unequipped Nacht. After a quick examination, he handed it back to Adele and grabbed his javelin.

“Name’s Doug. I shall be your cavalry for the day!”

Doug immediately launched his javelin into Adele’s previous opponent. This would be really awkward if he missed…

Doug moves to 10,6. Trade –equips with Adele. Attacks bandit at 12,6 with javelin.

((May edit with more IC stuff.))

Edited by Toogee

Sidney casually allowed the other thief to walk past her in case of any trouble up ahead. What a sucker... doesn't look to be any danger here, though. Hmm. She slowly turned her gaze to the fighting up ahead. She was too far off to spot any significant details, but what she did see didn't give her confidence. "A poor showing so far, then. That won't do if it keeps up."

The other thief gave her another odd look, which she promptly ignored. She walked past a ruined home, frowning at the sight. Even I don't take pleasure in stuff like that... Still, she ducked down near a ledge by it. The treasure chest wasn't far off, and there was no way she'd miss out on it! "Waiting time..."

Sidney moves to (4, 8) during Enemy Phase.