Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Cass moves to 16,9!

Cass attacks Brigand #5 with Razor's Edge!
13 Atk, 99% Hit, 7% Crit
(18 54)
He dead.

Cass gains 33 XP!
Cass gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Doug moves to 10,6!

Doug somehow trades with Adele to make her equip Nacht!

Doug attacks Brigand #1 with his Javelin!
9 Atk, 70% Hit, 4% Crit
(46, 26)
Brigand #1 falls!

Doug gains 40 XP!
Doug gains 2 Lance WEXP!

"Lady Adeltrudis, I would prefer if you avoided axe wounds. However, heal it and your father will be none the wiser."

Jeeves moves to 11,7!

Jeeves heals Adele for 17 HP!

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENEMY PHASE - 1B

"Where are the other fellas? They're not taking a kip are they? Tell the buggers to hurry up!"

Brigand #2 moves to 8,8!

Brigand #2 attacks Graham with his Iron Axe!
4 Atk, 77% Hit, 0% Crit
(65 40)
Graham takes 4 damage! (22/30 HP remaining)

Graham gains 5XP!

Brigand #3 moves to 13,5!

Sellsword #4 moves to 5,8!

TURN 3 - CHAPTER 1B

95021132deb5c01fff250521584d3fde.png

Spreadsheet!

Chapter 1A

Lionel turned to the nearby hunter and gave him a careful look over "That bow could cause some distress for the Princess or Gerrard " He thought and began to sprint towards his foe.

He moves to 18, 9 assaulting the hunter with his Steel Lance.

Edited by Jedi

"Doug, standard strategy for this situation should be good enough. Be careful, but we should be able to take this no problem." With that, Niko headed to the right, spotting a bandit that had gotten stupidly close. Well, stupidly for him. As he moved into range, he noticed the lady of the group was... interestingly dressed right now but seemed to be using axes. He'd picked up the axe the bandit he'd blasted and so as he moved past her tossed it to her. "Take this, you'll get more use out of it than me." Turning towards the bandit, he tossed his tome back to his main hand and without a word sent two quick fireballs at the man.

Niko to 12-6, give Adele the Iron Axe, blast the bandit

Edited by scorri

Well, that hadn't gone anywhere near as planned. The brigand had managed to parry her swing, and got in a decent counterattack. Adele had been preparing to cut him down as he came in for a finishing blow, but it didn't come to that, as an odd pegasus rider tossed a javelin through the man's torso, and then examined Nacht, practically taking it from her hands, before handing it back.

Adele was rather dumbfounded, and snapped out of it just as Jeeves came along with a quip and a burst of healing magic.

"I hadn't intended on it, Jeeves. I didn't think he'd react in time to not die." Adele replied, before looking back towards the strange pegasus rider, just in time to see another new face, a mage by the looks of it, rush past and launch flames at another nearby man, as well as toss her one of their axes, which she promptly caught.

"Not that I don't appreciate the help, because I do, but... who are you people, exactly?"

"We're what's... we're the Reliants. One of the best known mercenary groups in Deira. I'm... I'm Commander Niko, that's Doug. We were on our way to try and find work when we heard the sounds of battle. Doug saw that you might be in a bit of trouble, so we came in to help out. Figured you wouldn't say no..."

"Deirians, huh? We don't usually see companies of men in these parts... take a boat over looking for work, did you?" Adele began, clipping the axe she was given somewhere secure, as she took a light breather.

"Well, I suppose that doesn't matter, right now. I suppose we'll know by the end of this if these Reliants of yours are as good as you claim to be." The noble concluded, with a smile.

Niko hesitated and then shrugged. "Something like that I suppose you could say. And we're as good as I say. The Reliants are who you hire if you want to be sure the job will get done. We never break a contract and we never leave one incomplete. Ever."

"That sounds wonderful, let's hope you make a good showing, then." Adele replied with a grin, before turning her axe towards a nearby brigand who had been brash enough to attack Graham.

"Jeeves, it looks like that one doesn't quite want to leave Brother alone. Let us get rid of him, shall we?"

Jeeves to 8,9, Iron Sword Brigand #2

Adele to 8,7, Nacht Brigand #2

Jean coughed up some blood, he was in bad shape, but was managing to retain consciousness barely, though he was dizzy and uneasy.

Who were these strange new people? One of them had a pegasus... Jean hadn't seen pegasi in some time, and so it was rather jarring to see one again. The other resonated words, and fire would appear to smite his enemies, which was even more unusual to Jean. He knew of magic, but he never had the apititude nor really seen too many with any before. Jean would let Lady Adele do the talking, and so he would focus his energy on the task at hand.

[spoiler=If Brigand #2 is dead, otherwise delay action]

Graham should move to 7, 8 and attack the Sellsword #4 using an Iron Bow.

Jean moves to 6, 8 and attacks the Swellsword #4 using his Iron Lance.

Edited by Tryhard

Angus grits his teeth into a grin, stripping the fletching off that hunter's arrow and pulling the shaft out of the wound. Child's play. Try a quiver of these, then we'll talk running to the healer. For now--Owen probably won't be able to take down that brigand alone.

With the bandits taking the bait (or uninterested in the villages with Prince Owen here), no need to continue the discourtesy to Cassandra. Best to not spill the beans, though--he can go through the proper motions after the battle.

Angus calls out as he charges through: "Aye, Priestess! If they'll fight like men, they can die like them." Sure enough, the enemy's aggression merits him some hint of respect in Angus' battle cry.

"Ruffian! En garde!"

Angus moves to (16,10), attacks Brigand #4 with Iron Axe

Map 1A

Lionel moves to 18,9!

Lionel attacks Hunter #3 with his Steel Lance!
12 Atk, 68% Hit, 5% Crit
(66 10)
Lionel deals 12 damage! (9/21 HP remaining)
(24)

Lionel gains 10 XP!
Lionel gains 1 Lance WEXP!

Angus moves to 16,10!

Angus attacks Brigand #4 with his Iron Axe!
14 Atk, 83% Hit, 0% Crit
(13, 4)
Brigand #4 takes 14 damage! (10/24 HP remaining)
Brigand #4 counters!
6 Atk, 85% Hit, 2% Crit
(95, 86)
Angus dodges!
Angus charges!
14 Atk, 83% Hit, 0% Crit
(66, 66)
Brigand #4 falls!

Angus gains 33 XP!
Angus gains 3 Axe WEXP!

Map 1B

Niko moves to 12,6!
Niko gives Adele the Iron Axe!

Niko attacks Brigand #3 with Fire!
13 Atk 100% Hit 4% Crit
(1 92)
Brigand #3 takes 13 damage! (12/25 HP remaining)
(42 12)
Brigand #3 falls!

Niko gains 10 XP!
Niko gains 3 Tome WEXP!

"As you wish, Lady Adeltrudis. I shall see if he can be convinced otherwise."

Jeeves moves to 8,9!

Jeeves attacks Brigand #2 with his Iron Sword
8 Atk 100% Hit 5% Crit
(53 6)
Brigand #2 takes 8 damage! (17/25 HP remaining)
Brigand #2 counters!
10 Atk 53% Hit 2% Crit 
(90 61)
Jeeves dodges and attacks again!
8 Atk 100% Hit 5% Crit
(35 27)
Brigand #2 takes 8 damage! (9/25 HP remaining)

Adele moves to 8,7!

Adele attacks Brigand #2 with Nacht!
(31 84)
Yeah, he be dead!

Adele gains 33 XP!
Adele gains 2 Axe WEXP!

Graham moves to 7,8!

Graham attacks Sellsword #4 with his Iron Bow!
14 Atk 100% Hit 0% Crit
(43 68)
Sellsword #4 takes 14 damage! (9/23 HP remaining)

Graham gains 10 XP!
Graham gains 1 Bow WEXP!

Jean moves to 6,8!

Jean attacks Sellsword #4 with his Iron Lance
(54 6)
Yeah, that be splat.

Jean gains 33 XP!
Jean gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Jean grows to level 2!
(8 61 4 82 74 2 91 67)
HP up!
Magic up!
Luck up!
Edited by Shin

"That sounds wonderful, let's hope you make a good showing, then." Adele replied with a grin, before turning her axe towards a nearby brigand who had been brash enough to attack Graham.

"Consider this our resume!" Doug replied as he bolted back into the air. Only a few bandits remained, so the rider had to get into position. He flew over the lake in order to attack from the left. That was when he spotted a house near the battlefield.

"I should check to see if anyone inside is OK if these guys aren't too much trouble."

Doug moves to 11,12

Well, somebody's quite eager... Claire thought, watching Angus rush back into the fray, but it seemed like he'd actually accomplished something this time. She was actually kind of impressed at how well he'd handled it, truth be told. Since they seemed to be taking the bandits out rather quickly, so all she had to do was pick off the stragglers.

Claire moves to (18,8) and cooks Hunter's chicken.

Owen merely shook his head, for the most part uninterested in the bouts of his sister and the squire. "Mind the battle, but that is correct. We're not here to to treat bandits like they do villagers... but we do show them why you don't turn against the crown." Owen rose his sword in an appreciative manner, minding its sharpness. "If people lose respect, they think they can turn at anyone with force --a fine example of what is going on. If they are taken down by my hand, others will think twice."

Heeding Lionel's words, Owen moved closer to the frontline. "That sounds fine. If we are able to capture their leader, then I won't miss the chance."

Owen to (15,10).

Edited by Xinnidy

Doug moves to 11,12!

Claire moves to 18,8!

Claire attacks Hunter #3 with Fire!
11 Atk, 69% Hit, 12% Crit
(99 1)
Claire's fire misses, cooking a poor chicken!
Hunter #3 counters with his Iron Bow!
10 Atk, 82% Hit, 2% Crit
(68, 17)
Claire takes 10 damage! (12/22 HP remaining)

Claire gains 5 XP!
Claire gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Owen moves to 15,10

ENEMY PHASE - 1A

Brigand #6 moves to 12,13!

Brigand #7 moves to 15,11!

Brigand #7 attacks Owen with his Iron Axe!
7 Atk, 64% Hit, -% Crit
(28)
Owen takes 7 damage! (15/22 HP remaining)
11 Atk, 100% Hit, 1% Crit
(2, 86, 73)
Brigand #7 takes 11 damage! (13/24 HP remaining)
(35, 75, 19)
Brigand #7 takes 11 damage! (2/24 HP remaining)

Owen gains 10 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Blade #1 moves to 10,13!

Blade #2 moves to 13,12!

Hunter #3 attacks Angus with his Iron Bow!
6 Atk, 78% Hit, 4% Crit
(23 63)
Angus takes 6 damage! (19/31 HP remaining)

Angus gains 5XP!

Hunter #4 moves to 15,16!

Sidney moves to 4, 8!

Thief #1 moves to 3, 7!

ENEMY PHASE - 1B

"There you fellas are! Bust these jokers! We need to nab the prince!"

Reinforcements arrive!

Turn 3 - Map 1A

be505348af822103c6cd6f12299f43d6.png

Turn 4 - Map 1B

bf2061863e2c1bbde0fcbd9fe709af1a.png
Edited by Shin

"Brother!" Whatever thoughts Cassandra was having about fighting, killing, or the ramifications attached left her head as Owen was struck by one of the brigands. She tossed them aside and rushed over to him, staff out and channeling what little magic she had in her through it. "Watch yourself! This isn't training, you know? They really will kill us, if they get the chance, so make sure you kill them first." Cass was quickly understanding the situation more than she wanted to, as the wound started to close up on Owen. The group was lucky it was Owen that had been hit, honestly. She probably would've charged past anyone else to remove the source of the problem, otherwise. But she cared about him more than fighting, and knew he'd be able to finish the job.

Cass to 15,9, heal Owen.

Edited by Snake Mom

Carnage continued in the background as Sidney stayed in her marvelous hiding spot. Out of the corner of her eye she seemed to spot someone regal-looking, briefly puzzling her. "Who could be here like that?" she narrated, but her attention quickly turned to a far more important matter- treasure! She scurried up to the chest, procuring her lockpick and fiddling with it until it was open. "Ha, too easy." With that, she pushed the lid open, looking into its contents with interest...

Sidney opens the treasure chest on (4,5) right away she's impatient on her turn.

"Jeeves, do you think you could give me a quick once over? I think I can take these new guys, watch my back!" Adele noted to her butler, giving the man a moment to give her a quick check with his healing staff, before she advanced forward towards the brigands, brandishing her Nacht.

Jeeves to 9,7, Heal Adele.

Adele to 12,8 keep Nacht equipped.

Jean wasn't in the best shape. He followed behind the others, hoping he had deterred his assassins enough for no more fighting.

Jean moves to 10, 8.

[spoiler=poly pls]

If Poly isn't back yet, Graham moves to 11, 7 and equips Over Flag.

Edited by Tryhard

Doug looked at the battlefield to see more bandits on the scene. It looked like he'd have to delay his house visit for a bit. With everyone to the north, the rider approached from the south to divide attention. The old hit-and-run technique had frustrated brigands before. Doug saw no reason why it wouldn't now.

Doug moves to 15,12. Attacks Brigand at 17,12. Doug hightails it to 12,12.

Angus growls, beginning to grow impatient with these arrows. Sure, he was fine, but... his signature charge is much more difficult to pull off injured. Thankfully, this enemy couldn't be Charged anyway. No matter if he'll have the chance to fire on him--better him than the rest. He could take the punishment as long as the foe could deal it out. Prince Owen normally shouldn't be fighting, but... not his decision to make. The prince is safe there in the formation; the others can attend to him while Angus punches through.

"This cur is no match for me! I'll keep him off your backs!"

Angus moves to (16,16), attacks Hunter #4 with his Iron Axe

Edited by Terrador