Angelcynn: The Myrcian Conflict - Act 1

Shin

Well, he won't last long. The swordfighter was badly wounded and outnumbered, and all of the other attackers had been killed. But still, it was probably a good idea not to rush into things. Those crossbows looked dangerous.

Claire moves to (14,13).

Edited by SB.

• Replies 990
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Well, well, well..." Sidney spoke quietly to herself as she spectated from her treeside position the battle taking place. "This is certainly an issue... didn't think these guys would be so quick to falter. What a joke... this sure is a predicament, isn't it? Hmm, how do I get out of this one?" The thief surveyed her area, glancing at the ruined houses nearby. "Well, they're not gonna check there after they've already been destroyed, surely. Just gotta make my way there, get out, and it's simple as that for me, right? Getting another job'll be a pain, but another life can't be easier! Later, losers..."

Sidney crept her way through the small patch of woods, kneeling behind a hedge, now the closest yet to the scene of the actual fighting. It was her first chance to get a good look at the person she thought she'd seen before. So I was right! He looks way too fancy for him to be some random soldier or something, and he's sort of a cutie, too... this could be it, a big break for real this time! Hmm, but what are the chances he'd really wanna hire me? I might be better off just running. Well, I guess I'll just have to see how things turn out.

Sidney moves to (9. 9) and waits (on her turn).

Edited by Reinfleche

It bites to trust the rest to handle the remaining foes, but there really is nothing to fear from these enemies. Not for us. Angus' fellow vassals alone could easily survive this fight; for now, it's time to fulfill a different part of his duties. The weak are to live in peace.

"Villagers! Take great care--a battle occurs nearby, and ruffian runs rampant! Bar your homes, prepare your arms, and take great care near any stranger not serving the Crown!"

Angus moves to (23,9), visits the village

With only one enemy left, the threat was nearly gone. The others were already attacking. The rider however was struggling with the weight of his latest acquisition.

"Damn, this thing is heavy," Doug thought as he attempted to wield the heavy spear. "Good thing I know just where to put it."

The rider ordered his steed to charge downward, aiming to place his new spear into the foe's chest.

Doug moves to 16,10. Switches to heavy spear. Attacks Urien.

"Ah! H-How dare you!" Cass shrieked a bit as the bandit cut deep, recoiling before swinging back at him. It hadn't been the first time she'd gotten hit; she'd been wounded in sparring, but letting a bandit hit her like this felt poor form. Owen was taking care of him, though, so she didn't need to retort further. He'd be dead, and that would be that. So instead, she turned her attention to one of their vassals, Claire. It looked like she wasn't doing the best, either. "Claire," Cass called over, making her way around her brother's fight, and brandishing her staff once again, "stand still." She put her magic to use and fixed up the wound, nodding. "We can't have you lot dying on us. Try not to get hit too much."

Cass moves to 15,13 and heals Claire ;u;

Edited by Snake Mom

"Tch, these curs are a little tougher then expected." Lionel spat at the condition of the company, not seriously injured, but slightly worrying.

Lionel swiftly moves to 14,11 after the Merc is felled, and challenges the nearby thief with a small gesture. Hoping to also draw in the attention of one or two of the others.

"Stay sharp" He briefly patted Owen on the shoulder.

Edited by Jedi

Chapter 1A

Owen makes Blade #1 dead!

Owen gains 36 XP!
Owen gains 2 Sword WEXP!

Cass probably heals Claire or something. Thanks, Trent.

Owen moves to 12,11!
Claire moves to 14,13!

Angus moves to 23,9!
Angus visits the village!

Met by a tired woman carrying a pair of babies, the response he got wasn't terribly lively.

"Not like we got much to nick anyway. That horse of yours is probably worth more than my entire house. Still, yer mean well. Might as well have this, fer yer troubles."

Angus acquires Glimmer!

Gerrard uses his Vulnerary to return to full HP!
Lionel moves to 14,11!

Chapter 1B

"Of course, Lady Adeletrudis. May I recommend putting some welly into your next strike?"

Jeeves heals Adele!
Adele moves to 15,9!

"Eh? Who are you buggers? Tin pot over there ain't the prince!"

Adele attacks Urien with her Bronze Axe!
1 Atk, 68% Hit, -% Crit
(20)
Adele deals 1 damage! (29 HP remaining)
Urien counters!
22 Atk, 69% Hit, 2% Crit
(97, 98)
Nope!

Adele gains 11 XP!
Adele gains 1 Axe WEXP!

Niko moves to 15,8!

Niko blasts Urien with Fire!
8 Atk, 93% Hit, 9% Crit
(15 55)
Urien takes 8 damage! (21/30 HP remaining)

Niko gains 10 XP!
Niko gains 1 Tome WEXP!

Doug moves to 16,10!
[code](56 61)
Doug defeats Urien!

Doug gains 76 XP!
Doug gains 2 Lance WEXP!

Doug grows to level 2!
(7 36 4 77 92 16 16 77)
HP up!
Strength up!
Magic up!
Luck up!
Defense up!

Doug acquires a Steel Blade!

"Ugh... I'll talk, just don't rough me up any more!"

Chapter 1B Complete! - 6 turns

Defeated Urien

With the bandits beaten and their leader unconscious in front of them, Adele and her companions were left in a rather unusual position. Why had they been attacked, was it a case of mistaken identity? Regardless, something was not quite right. Would Owen and Cassandra be safe? Jeeves politely moved a dead body aside with his foot, approaching his masters.

"May I recommend we bring this ruffian inside, milady? Perhaps he would prefer departing with information to departing with his head?"

Chapter 1B's players are free to post!

[spoiler=BEXP Bonuses]

Adele gains 30 BEXP!
Graham gains 15 BEXP!
Jean gains 25 BEXP!
Niko gains 25 BEXP!
Doug:gains 25 BEXP!

Edited by Shin

ENEMY PHASE - 1A

Hunter #1 moves to 10,11!

Hunter #1 shoots at Owen with his Crossbow!
10 Atk, 65% Hit, 6% Crit
(15 97)
Owen takes 10 damage! (12/22 HP remaining)

Owen gains 5 XP!

Hunter #2 moves to 11,12!

Hunter #2 shoots at Owen with his Crossbow!
10 Atk, 65% Hit, 6% Crit
(59 63)
Owen takes 10 damage! (2/22 HP remaining)

Owen gains 5XP!

Owen grows to level 2!
(15 52 74 94 58 54 14 20)
HP up!
Luck up!
Defense up!
Res up!

Thief #1 moves to 13,11!

"I'll be 'aving that, mate."

Thief #1 steals Owen's Vulnerary!

Sidney moves to 9,9!

Chapter 1A - Turn 6

8ba4b1d9bbaa24a177c02e3a6094b7e0.png

Shaken but in a stable state, Jean holstered his weapon and dusted himself down. Even though he had used firearms many times, his ears still couldn't get used to the heavy sound, and it took him some moments to recover. That Jeeves man sort of unnerved Jean, but at least he was kind enough to bring him catharsis.

"Well Lady Adele, it seems like you indeed received a demonstration. I had hoped that it wouldn't have to come to that," Jean continued gravely, "but we had better start looking into the meaning of this."

It didn't look like they were after him, as Jean initially thought, at least.

"Ahh, and what about... those other two?" he said, pointing none too subtly at Niko and Doug.

Map 1A

Lionel had gone cold, he saw the two heavy bolts pierce through Owen's armor, he was grievously wounded.

"EVERYONE RUSH TO HIS AID"

Lionel charged in blood boiling now, moving to 11,11 and attacking Hunter #1 with his Steel Lance

As he moved towards the destination "Lord Owen, can you move? You need to get out of this spot..."

He knew this move was irrational, but when he had seen his Prince get hit by both arrows, he just had lost it.

He looked scathingly at the Hunter he was about to strike "Allow me.. To end your worthless existence" He said coldly.

"It was quite a spectacle, indeed. Just as I remembered it." Adele replied, as she was cleaning the blood off of her axe, turning towards Jeeves at his suggestion, holstering the now clean weapon.

"Yes, that sounds good, Jeeves. Fetch some heavy rope and chain, and once he's thoroughly restrained, tend to his wounds. We'll see to it that he reveals his intentions. As for them..." Adele began, turning towards the two Reliants, Niko and Doug.

"I am quite grateful for your assistance. If you'd like, you may come inside the manor... if my suspicions are correct, I may wish to purchase further services than you've already provided." Adele noted, unable to hide a slight scowl clouding her face. If he hadn't just been putting on airs, Owen might be in danger...

"Thank you; we'll put this magic to good use." Angus lowers his head briefly in appreciation before riding off--there's still another village to ward. Hopefully, the Prince hasn't gotten into any trouble thus far...!

"People of the village! Bar your homes and beware strangers! Bandits and thieves run amok, and battle rages! The Crown's men are here, but we cannot tarry forever; beware the ruffians of the area."

Angus moves to (20,9), visits Village

Chapter 1A

Lionel moves to 11,11!

Lionel attacks Hunter #1 with his Steel Lance!
13 Atk, 100% Hit, 5% Crit
(63 62)
Hunter #1 takes 13 damage! (11/24 HP remaining)
(56)
Hunter #1 shoots back at Lionel!
11 Atk, 48% Hit, 3% Crit
(71 4)
He misses!
Lionel finishes!

Lionel gains 36 XP!
Lionel gains 3 Lance WEXP!

Angus moves to 20,9!

Angus visits the village!

A tiny little old man hobbled to the door, leaning on a rather tatty looking stick. "What's that, sonny boy? Can't say I can do much other than close the door! Taxes are pretty vicious, us common folk aren't very good at making ends meet. Still, if you can drive the buggers out, we'll be grateful at least."

Angus acquires a Vulnerary!

Niko grinned and gave a thumbs up to Doug. "Nice strike!" His celebration was cut short by Adele. "Indeed, we would be willing to listen to any such offer. I assume we've proven our abilities?"

Angus frowns, beginning to put two and two together. An armed, bloody stranger met by a ragged woman and an old man? Both speaking of poverty, as well... something isn't right.

"Your gift is generous, old-timer, and I am as loath to ask any more of you as I am to tarry, but I need information." Angus pauses, considering the hobbled man. "Your men, those that could fight, are absent. Where are they? Further... who has levied taxes upon you, and how recently?" Going into action against bandits was one thing, but if another traitorous lord is raising troops... the real challenge would be very near, and not just for Prince Owen's team.

The old man rubbed his chin, rather hesitant in his words. "The work's not good here, sonny. It's impossible to pay the basic taxes, some of our youngsters had turned to troublemaking to make ends meet. Our good Count Alleun even spent money out of his own pocket to pay taxes back to the capital... but his own wealth's dwindled. He's a funny youngster, but he's got a good heart in him. He was sayin' he might sell his land and renounce his title to get our gold flowing again."

Jeeves left and shortly returned with rope, binding the fallen fighter and dragging him back to the manor. "Shall I prepare some tea for our guests, Lady Adeltrudis?" Jeeves asked, avoiding a particularly nasty looking puddle. "This one will be in the study when you wish to speak to him, milady. Shall I send a messenger to your father?"

Urien wasn't fatally wounded, although the chances were Jeeves would have to patch him up before any interrogation began.

Chapter 1A

Gerrard moves to 14,11!

Gerrard attacks Thief #1 with his Iron Blade!
15 Atk, 75% Hit, 9% Crit, 10% Luna
(51 87 37)
Thief #1 takes 15 damage! (3/18 HP remaining)
Thief #1 counters!
5 Atk, 71% Hit, 0% Crit
(36 63)
Gerrard takes 5 damage! (20/25 HP remaining)
(5 83)
Gerrard takes 5 damage! (15/25 HP remaining)

Gerrard gains 10 XP!
Gerrard gains 1 Sword WEXP!
Edited by Shin

Niko grinned and gave a thumbs up to Doug. "Nice strike!" His celebration was cut short by Adele. "Indeed, we would be willing to listen to any such offer. I assume we've proven our abilities?"

Doug responded with a thumbs up as he landed back with the group. The rider overheard the beginnings of a potential contract. He liked that Niko wasn't quickly accepting whatever was offered. It was good to play hard to get in this business. With their battle prowess proven, they had plenty to negotiate with.

"Any idea why you're so popular today?" Doug asked Adele in regards to the fallen bandits around them. He took a quick glance at the steel blade he acquired, the latest spoil of war. He had no skill with a sword, but he could tell it was in decent shape. If nothing else, it could be useful for bartering.

"Don't bother, Jeeves. He'll simply tell us to stand by while he sends reinforcements... if I'm right, then we don't have time to sit and wait. As for tea... I suppose you may as well. It'll be good to get something warm in us. Get him in there and awake." Adele replied to Jeeves, before turning back to the Reliants.

"Proved them well enough, yes. As for the purpose behind all of this, I think it's a case of mistaken identity. I'll find out more from that one, but if I'm right, then a friend of mine is in danger. You'll be paid for your assistance here regardless of whether I have further need of your services, of course."

"I have no plans on dying here, princess." Claire replied. "Although your healing is appreciated." Getting pegged full of arrows was probably not a fun experience, after all. Now then... She turned to the pickpocket who had just stolen from Owen. "You really are a fool if you thought you could get away with that."

Claire moves to (13,13) and decides to fry a Thief.

Claire's words were lost as the low thunks of bolts entered Cass' ears, looking over to the source. Owen? That was a lot of blood. His blood. Near pouring out of him. A squeak got stuck in her throat and she took her focus off of everything else, rushing over to him and fumbling to get her staff working. "O-Owen, you're fine, ok-okay?" She stuttered as she spoke, finally getting her magic channeling out of the implement and into him. The wounds weren't closing entirely, but he was still looking a bit entirely awful. She swallowed hard, took a deep breath, and shook her head. "You're, going to be fine." She'd managed to remove her stutter, and she wasn't shaking, but that was terrifying. She'd almost lost her brother, just like that. Maybe this fighting isn't all it's cracked up to be...

Cass to 13,11 after the thief pops, Heal Owen; 12,12 if the thief does not pop

Niko placed his tome back into the side bag he was wearing, before nodding to Adele. "Very well. Any work that you are willing to purchase will be completed to the best of our abilities. We will of course need to discuss payment, but from the looks of you, I suspect you will be able to afford our rates."