Sue or Shin?

Shin's definitely better. Nothing off the top of my head that I can think of as to why to not use both, though.

If you don't want to go to Sacae, should probably only use one of them because of the Exp requirement. It's worth noting that Sue's ability to accurately counter(and double) at 2 range is significantly more useful in Sacae anyway. Shin is worth using on both routes.

If you don't want to go to Sacae, should probably only use one of them because of the Exp requirement. It's worth noting that Sue's ability to accurately counter(and double) at 2 range is significantly more useful in Sacae anyway. Shin is worth using on both routes.

Oh, yeah. That's true.

Shin, on HM his bonuses put him at a clear advantage. Even on NM, his growths are better spread, the strength is nice.

There's also his amazing name, no bias at all of course.

Sue and Shin are both good. Shin is superior though. No reason to not use both though seeing as your foot archers aren't really anything special until you get Klein and Igrene

because sue sucks?

shin all the way he has a strength growth

the thing is that Wyverns are very weak to bows (and she has high spd) and you don't need THAT much strength to do a ton of damage to manaketes

Sue doesn't outright suck but Shin is wholly superior

• 1 month later...

I honestly don't know how good Shin is, I always use Sue she's usually one of my strongest characters. I never have Shin die but thats only because I never use him.

Basically he's a stronger and better con Sue with slightly (maybe) less speed.

Sue is decent overall though despite this.

I'd say that Sue is better on NM despite Shin having a better stat spread because of the level/weapon rank lead. It's kind of a wash, though.

Shin is so much better on HM that you'd need to have a ridiculously blessed/rigged Sue (I speak from personal experience here) to compete.

Edited by Refa

Well, this depends on a couple things. Although my reaction is just use both because they are both amazing.

First, Sacae or Ilia? Using both would very easily make it so you get sent to Sacae.

Anyways, I use Shin more, since Sue tends to have low strength (except one run where my sue beat my shin in everything except... resistance o.0). Shin is a bit slower, but it really doesn't matter. I find that Shin doubles a lot too. So honestly, go Shin. Especially on HM.