Laguz + Branded Only Run Kind-of-Playlog

Vapo

SANAKI  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to use Sanaki because of her being Micaiah's sister?

• Yeh, sure, go ahead.
    • Nope, her brand isn't visible.

So I've finished this game probably around 15 times and I'm looking for quirky ways to beat it to make each experience different. I recently finished a magic users + Ike only run which was a nice challenge, so now I've moved on to Laguz and Branded. Some rules I've set:

• Royals are not to be used for Endgame. Royals count as Nailah, Naesalah, Caineghis, Tibarn.
  • Easy Mode because lol @ Miccy soloing 1-P - 1-4 on Normal/Hard.
  • Ike is allowed as usual because 3-7 (I'm going for Lehran), 4-E-2 and 4-E-5 pretty much require him to be trained.
  • Branded = Micaiah, Stefan, Soren ((I would allow Sanaki because she's Miccy's sister and Miccy is branded so theoretically Sanaki should be to, but Sanaki is never mentioned as branded so meh))
  • Forced units who aren't laguz/branded will be unequipped (ignoring 3-1 because time limit with only having Ike and Soren). These units may visit villages, meatshield and loot chests.
  • For cases where no one applies to this rule (2-1, 2-3) I'll be using whoever.
  • I won't exactly be going for efficiency due to early-on Miccy grinding and laguz having little player phase action due to grass chugging.

Anyway, let's start! :D

1-P:

Generic prologue chapter, main lord + 1-3 other people with the enemies all being axe users. Leo immediately gives his Dracoshield to Miccy, Eddie is a weaponless meatshield and Miccy does a whooole lot of chipping.

Her first level up was amazing (+HP, Mag, Skl, Spd, Lck, Res I believe) but I missed the screenie by like a second. The speed actually allows her to - get this - double! Or at least double one of them.

aaserenes1_zpsmsuo4u75.jpg

Cherish this sight while it's there. Fun fact: Miccy actually got the 4% crit on this fighter, wasting some exp. I would complain but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ it's a 4% crit.

aaserenes3_zps1g1lfitf.jpg

Miccy I love you <333

aaserenes4_zpstowzxcyt.jpg

It's not speed but there's defense so I'll take it.

aaserenes5_zpsw2o8svsd.jpg

Begnion are butts.

Turn count: 12.

1-1:

aaserenes6_zpspcxsxv2t.jpg

omg miccy

aaserenes7_zpsu2ejogft.jpg

mICCY

aaserenes8_zps02fn7zoh.jpg

MICCY I LOVE YOU PLEASE BE LIKE THIS IN EVERY PLAYTHROUGH <333

aaserenes9_zpshep2job6.jpg

iLlUmINaTi ConfIRmeD???????

aaserenes10_zps6xlrv0sw.jpg

Micaiah

aaserenes12_zpsr9smf8pi.jpg

Miccy your speed is almost your magic what is this???????????

Turn count: 17

I promise it'll get more interesting when I have more than a grand total of one unit (who is being blessed tremendously by Anna). Let's at least hope this good luck lasts.

Edited by Vapo

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice thing about this run is that Micaiah is going to get all those yummy Part 1 stat boosters (because the competition really doesn't need them).

Good luck with Part 3's Dawn Brigade maps because those are going to be really hard (relatively speaking) with just Micaiah and Volug.

All my bexp will be going to Volug so I'll probably be able to tank with him in 3-6 (probably with either Beastfoe or Paragon) and heal with Micaiah using Physic in the corner. That or, with Micaiah's insanely blessed speed, put Resolve on her and let her dodge tank a side and just have Volug chug vulneraries.

3-12 has quite a lot of unpromoted enemies and some ally healers so I don't think that will be too hard.

My main dilemma is 3-13: I'm thinking I might have to give Celerity and possibly Boots to Volug and have him 1/2 turn Ike so I don't have to deal with the laguz.

that or 3-13 archer solo lel

Edited by Vapo

I assume that you're not going to use the NPCs in 3-13.

You can easily block all the beast laguz by blocking the ledges.

Put Volug and someone else on the central ledge. The halberdier will block the laguz from the right and Volug will eat all the laguz from the west.

The only real problem will be the hawks. Micky could purge them, but five uses won't be enough ,so you need the 3-13 archer probably.

Hello and welcome to Anna-blessed Miccy solos the first half of Part 1, part 2! ^-^

1-2:

Miccy's levels haven't stopped being good.

aaserenes13_zpshola2xmj.jpg

Speed is now Miccy's 3rd best stat tied with Magic what is this

aaserenes14_zpsx8vdrtez.jpg

o.o

aaserenes15_zpsbrsmsvyw.jpg

Sothe gives Miccy the Thani tome since her Light tome is almost broken. The hardcore Miccy solo is just too strong.

aaserenes16_zpsqfshqixm.jpg

Miccy uses the Dracoshield since she's having troubles surviving some of the enemies.

aaserenes17_zps7ra3mjvy.jpg

She still hasn't stopped impressing. I think I did something to please Anna by using her a bit in my FE13 Lunatic+ playthrough because these levels are insane.

aaserenes18_zpskwltx5ba.jpg

Like, seriously, this many 6 stat level ups is O-O.

aaserenes19_zps8btibyp2.jpg

This will probably be going to Volug due to Miccy's tomes being 1 weight.

aaserenes21_zpsv3ifrotr.jpg

Micaiah/Micaiah

Despite that level up she is still insanely op tho:

aaserenes20_zpss72iusbz.jpg

1-3:

aaserenes22_zps6ofuhiwh.jpg

Ohi Kurth.

aaserenes23_zps7pzr648k.jpg

LOL

aaserenes24_zpsknf5klzl.jpg

Out of these 8 units I can only use 1 for combat. It would be hard if the unequip command didn't exist and this wasn't EM.

aaserenes25_zps2k8ifqeg.jpg

Micaiah's speed growth in this run continues to amaze me.

aaserenes26_zpszeeggawu.jpg

And Micaiah caps Magic!

aaserenes27_zpszz2vfswy.jpg

And then Res. Guys, I think Micaiah might cap speed.

aaserenes29_zpsls10bjh3.jpg

omg

aaserenes30_zpsturd49oa.jpg

Hello, we'd like to interrupt you from the Micaiah Show to recruit a unit we can't use with another unit we can't use.

aaserenes28_zps8umixwpv.jpg

I used Sothe to get this then realised it was beorc only and thus only Ike (who doesn't need it) and Micaiah (who also doesn't need it, but yet can use it despite not being beorc technically) can use it. Woops, it's money I guess.

1-4:

aaserenes31_zpsqyzmnuvo.jpg

Pre-battle I sell all beorc weapons that Micaiah can't use for money, and also sell Meg's Fortune skill. Thus we get a number so close to L33T, yet so far away.

aaserenes32_zpsheioe5tu.jpg

Miccy solo of 1-4 commence!

aaserenes33_zpsvzqmyswr.jpg

Y'know Sothe, it's kinda hard to protect Micaiah when you've been stripped of your weapons.

aaserenes34_zpskm2lbuis.jpg

Micaiah capped Speed frgthrfdgryujhgrfvgrthyutgfcrghyt.

aaserenes35_zpssdbzxvlx.jpg

And her final level up of Part 1! Now all bexp will be going to Volug.

aaserenes36_zpswesx1s17.jpg

Will probably want this for 3-6.

aaserenes37_zpsok4ku0mj.jpg

Something Micaiah can't ORKO???????????????? Blasphemy!

aaserenes38_zps6ntonhuq.jpg

Not sure who this will go to. Probably Micaiah, but we'll see.

Next chapter we get Volug, thus making the run something more than a Micaiah solo! :D

EDIT: Just looked up Miccy's speed average and it's 13.65 for Level 20. Micaiah is speed-blessed by 6.35 points. I

Edited by Vapo

1-5:

aaserenes39_zpscyoesf6x.jpg

BROOOOOOLUUUUUUUG

aaserenes41_zpsslfer4gf.jpg

meh

aaserenes43_zpswayuscmu.jpg

Yes, please.

aaserenes40_zpscfr5qndw.jpg

R.I.P Micaiah x Sothe

aaserenes44_zpsbpdve5bb.jpg

Let's go!

aaserenes45_zpssxllgzij.jpg

Volug's exp growth is pretty pitiful, even in EM. This is after killing 3 enemies, whereas Micaiah could get twice that exp with just 1 enemy.

aaserenes46_zpsftvqveud.jpg

Jill please why can't you be branded I want to use you ;=;

aaserenes47_zpsevbala1o.jpg

Confirmed: Sothe is going to save Daein with nothing but his fists.

aaserenes49_zpsivr2mxfb.jpg

Brolug kills the boss for a pretty meh levelup. Cmon man, you're better than this ://

aaserenes50_zpstip92rtk.jpg

I spend some turns building up Godcaiah x Brolug support.

aaserenes51_zpsbirfi8nq.jpg

...then Volug OHKOs the last enemy on the map.

aaserenes52_zps6bxxuyo4.jpg

ew its my least favourite character in the whole series

aaserenes53_zps89p3y9fz.jpg

Nah...

*insert lame joke about the manakete nah here*

aaserenes54_zpsaxzxwzrc.jpg

"If I can help" Micaiah you literally solo'd 5 maps.

Also, a moment of silence for the right analog stick on my controller ;-;

aaserenes55_zpsihgwrdpg.jpg

I think this would have been doable in hard.

Though this would have required extreme farming, meatshield, +Nolan use on chapter 1 and Sothe being allowed through the whole game.

I can't imagine farming S+ for each laguz, so... Yeah, your challenge is better for your sanity.

I like maximum sanity preservation for my runs. =P This playthrough is definitely undoable on Hard without rigging for Micaiah to dodge a ton, it might be possible on Normal but it would be very hard in that case, seeing as I already had to reset a bit in 1-2 due to her only being able to take 1 hit from soldiers.

EDIT: Also, Vika seems to be winning the poll so far. I'm liking this, I don't know her actual growths but I used her once and she was amazing.

EDIT2: Just checked Vika's growths, her Str and Def are kinda low but I can bexp them up to decent once she caps Magic, Skill and Speed. IDK why her Magic growth is so good for a laguz - possible Magic Card user?

Edited by Vapo

Yeah, considering EM Soren will probably reach 20/20/20 on like, 3-11 or something. Even if I needed to train up his wind magic, I can probably let him take a side in 4-1 or something. Vika is currently winning the poll and this poll will be going on until I hit 1-E, which at the rate I'm at will be in 2-4 days.

Yah, I plan on fighting untransformed when it won't endanger my units. I've heard untransformed Resolve+Beastfoe!Volug in 3-6 helps him gain a ton of exp and gets his strike rank up, which could be cool.

Edited by Vapo

o.o I might try that then, 4-5 is a great map for grinding seeing as Izuka has infinite supply of laguz I believe.

Anyway:

1-6-1:

aaserenes56_zpshfriobkn.jpg

It's the best character in the game woo! ^-^ *shot*

aaserenes59_zpsynvek5vw.jpg

Some base stuff: Volug takes Renewal as it actually helps with his 52 HP.

aaserenes57_zpswzwb1hfe.jpg

I establish Godcaiah x Brolug support C, netting them +1 Atk and, probably more importantly, +10 Avo.

aaserenes60_zpsppkotwcj.jpg

Volug will be the only one getting kills since he's the only one who can get exp.

aaserenes61_zpsts68qe5j.jpg

Tauroneo won't be needing that.

aaserenes58_zps9bzvhcbs.jpg

Yay for blurry levelup pics!

aaserenes62_zpsfzyw1kgx.jpg

I give Micaiah an Ellight for enemies who ignore her Shade. I feel like a better version of that skill would be the character getting shades and being too cool to be attacked, but that's just me.

aaserenes63_zps3jqloh4b.jpg

Anyway, time to start!

aaserenes64_zpsziqugw7a.jpg

First turn setup: Micaiah is still able to give her support bonuses to Volug, but is out of enemy range.

aaserenes65_zps5mlkbh5e.jpg

I understand completely, Volug.

aaserenes66_zpswrrjkcw9.jpg

Woo! :newyears:

aaserenes67_zpseismrbbf.jpg

Nah, he's not pushing himself, just soloing the whole map, no biggie.

aaserenes68_zpsora1uglt.jpg

For some reason, you can shove enemies. Can't think of how that would be useful.

aaserenes69_zpsspuuh47a.jpg

And Volug gets his best level yet on the final enemy! Strength and Speed are very nice.

1-6-2:

aaserenes70_zpskotngzms.jpg

On to 1-6-2, aka "if the RNG screws you over with Fiona's AI screw you".

aaserenes71_zpsepewvbpm.jpg

Oh, I wish she could. I wish she could.

aaserenes73_zpsxurdfovx.jpg

I was going to take Micaiah over to that side to help Fiona's group but they ended up killing the Soldier just fine.

aaserenes74_zpspvzreym2.jpg

Meanwhile, Volug rushes the boss.

aaserenes76_zpsw2aoxuhy.jpg

Volug is not amused.

aaserenes77_zpstdk2onq6.jpg

*reset*

aaserenes78_zpsvbnemmr6.jpg

I was basically crapping myself at this point after Volug got hit by 3 50%s in a row. This is actually the boss by the way, not sure why he attacked 1 range the second time round. Luckily he missed.

aaserenes79_zpsosugpucb.jpg

And we get a Paragon! Volug got a level from this that I was too slow to take a pic of btw, it was HP/Str/Lck/Res I believe.

aaserenes80_zpsnqrzholl.jpg

Bench, meet Fiona. Fiona, meet bench.

aaserenes81_zpseok3qgix.jpg

We get some decent bexp as a reward for putting up with Fiona.

Next chapter: The LEA (aka Vika)!

This is rather interesting I'll folow this thread!

May Anna bless your run.

1-7: ((this one has bigger pictures because I uploaded straight from my iPad to Photobucket instead of doing iPad > Twitter > Computer > Photobucket. Will probably stay like this due to it being wayyyy faster.

image.jpg1_zpskcjaqrmb.jpg

I highly doubt that.

image.jpg2_zps8dturs9d.jpg

Oh god.

image.jpg3_zpsie6rcmhr.jpg

Yeh, Pelleas, imagine that. :ooooo

image.jpg4_zps8myarqcq.jpg

This will be going to Ike through Ilyana.

image.jpg6_zps7dj5j6fv.jpg

I give Volug Paragon for this chapter to boost exp gain.

image.jpg5_zps9tgxurs4.jpg

Volug gets a meh bexp level, as usual.

image.jpg7_zps7kl8ffhv.jpg

I decide to give Micaiah the Seraph Robe since she was getting 2HKO'd last chapter.

image.jpg8_zpsdy75v3qm.jpg

I buy this because Wynaut. .-. I had like 27000 gold anyway.

image.jpg9_zpswawcpnrq.jpg

And off we go!

image.jpg10_zpswfljizrs.jpg

Sothe needs to be shoved twice by Volug to reach Tormod on Turn 2.

image.jpg11_zps5mo3myju.jpg

ITS VIKA

image.jpg12_zpsakyutn1c.jpg

AYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

image.jpg13_zpswr3qlqys.jpg

Vika's bases are... eh, but her growths are good by laguz standards, at least by my experience (I know PEMN but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯)

image.jpg14_zps53oe3ic7.jpg

Muarim has very nice Str and Def bases and caps up to 50 for both of them I believe. His Speed is rather low however.

image.jpg15_zpsdvqw2pc4.jpg

Vika gets her first level up through the Magical Power of Favouritism™. As far as laguz level ups go for me, 4 stats or more is very good.

image.jpg19_zpsdemifurm.jpg

Vika gets another level up through beating up a Myrm untransformed. Again, very nice.

image.jpg20_zpsctrhstfu.jpg

Vika then heads over here to kill the Knight while Muarim (a bit to the south) takes care of the enemies there.

image.jpg17_zpsj7for7sw.jpg

Also, Volug hit SS Strike. :D

image.jpg25_zpstqbtwzxj.jpg

Volug's SS Strike lets him hit very hard, as shown here. Overkill? ._.

image.jpg22_zpsow17acgd.jpg

image.jpg23_zpsoolddpk2.jpg

image.jpg27_zps4xgqv6it.jpg

image.jpg24_zpseoofjo7k.jpg

I free all the prisoners for the bexp: 400 each, 2000 overall.

image.jpg28_zpsfjshnbra.jpg

Sothe got a Master Seal I didn't even know was there. o.o

image.jpg26_zpsr7ntxt0f.jpg

Muarim goes untransformed in front of these archers to gain his laguz meter quickly. I would do this with Vika except they'd probably kill her due to her being a flying unit.

image.jpg30_zpsomnn5zi9.jpg

Anyway, my plan here is to boss abuse due to Muarim and Vika having horrible availability (1-7, 1-8, 1-E, 4-4, 4-E. That's it.) Nothing too major, just a couple of levels.

image.jpg32_zps8sruizru.jpg

image.jpg31_zpszgi9wmuc.jpg

The boss has 20 Defense, meaning untransformed Muarim can hurt him, but Vika can't.

image.jpg33_zpsqdqx4d2s.jpg

I let Muarim fight him a bit untransformed for this levelup.

image.jpg34_zpsgn1by1ww.jpg

Vika does some transformed combat, then upgrades a strike level, allowing her to hurt the boss untransformed. I missed levels 17 and 18 due to my iPad taking the picture late, but those were HP/Spd/Luck/Res and HP/Str/Spd/Luck/Def/Res.

image.jpg37_zpstkwzc53a.jpg

Vika now has 40 Speed when transformed, which is awesome even by Endgame standards. Plus, she hasn't even capped yet.

image.jpg39_zpsetwurn9n.jpg

This is the final level up, gained from killing the boss.

image.jpg38_zps6fvlohjj.jpg

Volug also got this horrible levelup somewhere.

image.jpg40_zpswdblykoq.jpg

Turn 52. Pro LTC strats amirite.

image.jpg41_zpsvyfvnjyb.jpg

And there's the bexp.

Volug has bad growths like most of the Laguz, so don't expect much more than HP and luck because these are his only good growths. The rest is <50%.

Giving him bexp. won't help him much unlike he has maxed HP and luck.

Edited by Mister IceTeaPeach

I was planning on taking Volug to Endgame due to him being the only non-royal Wolf laguz but seeing his growths I might not be able to make him usable. D=