Laguz + Branded Only Run Kind-of-Playlog

Vapo

SANAKI  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to use Sanaki because of her being Micaiah's sister?

• Yeh, sure, go ahead.
    • Nope, her brand isn't visible.

Not that I blame you, but you totally manipulated Micaiah's level-ups with battle saves to get her capped speed.

As for Volug, you are seriously underestimating him. At base level with the energy drop you gave him + SS strike, he has 45 atk. That's insanely high. Freaking Titania with a steel poleax has 40 atk. Even a 20/1 Titania has less (44 atk), while 20/1 steel poleax!Haar has roughly the same (46 atk). With that much attack, Volug is just a few hp short of ORKOing 4-4 warriors and halberdiers on HARD mode.

What you're also forgetting is that laguz growths in everything except hp and luck should be treated as double what they are, since a gain in str/skl/spd/def/res doubles upon transformation. That means Volug's seemingly pathetic 25% str growth actually magnifies to 50%, which is rather impressive. Not only that, since Volug starts at such a low level for a laguz (lv 15), he has a whopping 26 levels he can potentially gain, as opposed to 12-13 levels for well established non-royals like Janaff & Ulki. In fact, if you got Volug to match Janaff's level, which won't be difficult at all if he has paragon in 3-6 and 3-13, he'll have a hilarious 51 atk. Even Tibarn only has 56 atk, and he's basically a walking cheat code.

Now to really treat this argument with overkill, let's look at his BEXP ramming potential. At level 29 (same as base Janaff), he is 7 hp/4 str/3 mag/6 skl/0 spd/9 lck/4 def/4 res from capping each respective stat. Over 12 levels, he would be guaranteed 36 stat gains with BEXP, whereas he needs 37 stat gains to cap everything. So if you BEXPed him these 12 levels, he would be guaranteed to cap everything except luck, which he would fall 1 point short. I'm sure I don't really have to point out how godly it is to have 70 hp/59 atk/30 def/20 res/36 speed/121 avo (before supports and he has earth affinity!). At that point he's basically a lion without the overkill, as 59 atk can ORKO 4-E-1 generals on hard mode. Since easy mode gives +5 in all stats starting from 4-E-3 prep, his 36 spd isn't even a detriment against auras since it will be boosted up to 41 spd, meaning he can double them without Nasir's assistance.

So yeah, Volug is godly and the only reason you might think otherwise is if you're doing a strict LTC on hard mode where he doesn't have the opportunity to reach SS strike and build a support.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not dead! ^-^

1-8:

image.jpg1_zpslga4thgp.jpg

CONFLICT??? IN A FIRE EMBLEM GAME???? NO WAY

image.jpg3_zpswu3nlpmm.jpg

I'm pretty sure I won't be using this until, like, 4-3.

image.jpg2_zpserucvf6f.jpg

IF IT WEREN'T FOR THOSE MEDDLING KIDS

image.jpg4_zpsrttsep80.jpg

They'll need all the Avo they can get in Part 3.

image.jpg6_zpsoq7lzeud.jpg

Not sure if it's even worth bexping her, she naturally gets 4+ stat levels anyway.

image.jpg5_zpscav1uvat.jpg

Volug/10

image.jpg8_zps9fu4pgi3.jpg

Might as well.

image.jpg13_zpsolchqhz7.jpg

Let's go!

image.jpg11_zpsoa8eqt4r.jpg

NAILAH I LOVE YOU SIGN MY BABIES

image.jpg12_zpsph8kv2zw.jpg

I've always preferred Rafiel to Reyson and Leanne, probably due to the fact that I tend to forget herons exist outside of 4-E-5.

image.jpg14_zpsm2avuta4.jpg

First Olivi Grass use of the playthrough! With many more to come.

image.jpg15_zpstiptfepj.jpg

I thought having Nailah fight untransformed would nerf her, but she still manages to nearly OHKO. Heck, it probably even buffs her at this point in the game due to the increased exp.

image.jpg16_zpsjseommek.jpg

Despite being untransformed, Vika still does 9x2 damage to this guy.

image.jpg17_zpsqvserhov.jpg

I'm really gonna miss having Vika in Part 3.

image.jpg18_zpsobofth8z.jpg

:D

image.jpg19_zpsbgyizpw4.jpg

I think Vika is going to end up capping everything. :D She capped Skill, is one off cap for Magic and Speed, three off for Defense, and she can probably cap everything else through bexp.

image.jpg22_zpsovrntjyv.jpg

0 for hit and crit, and that's even with the Biorhythm difference. o.o

image.jpg23_zpsacmwtpno.jpg

*insert 10 page thread on "is Micaiah a Mary Sue" argument*

image.jpg24_zps1tnzapi6.jpg

7484 bexp that will be directly injected in to Volug, since he can't get decent level ups without it.

@DuckFace:

I only actually reset once, and that was an early game Luck-only levelup which I kinda rage-reset automatically because of her missing both her 80% (Magic) and 90% (Res) procs.

As for Volug, I think you're probably right for him capping a lot: I counted, and he has 56 gains needed and 17 levels to get those. 4 of those gains are Magic, so that's only 1 important stat off if I stick to bexp.

"70 hp/59 atk/30 def/20 res/36 speed/121 avo" When you put it like that it really puts it in to perspective how amazing some (I say some because *cough* Lyre *cough*) laguz are for endgame. He gets +20 avo right now from his B support with Micaiah, but that will probably go to 30 once they hit A.

I feel like Volug is going to be soloing most of the Part 3 DB chapters, and providing he doesn't get horribly levelup screwed he could end up amazing for endgame. Maybe even close to, if not equal to or possibly better than Nailah.

Well he can't possibly be better than Nailah since laguz royals have stronger fangs at SS strike, more skill capacity and of course no need to use laguz gems.

And holy crap Vika. Those hitrates against her are hilarious.

I really like this kind of challenge playthrough. (I also like your commentaries below your pictures).

I really like this kind of challenge playthrough. (I also like your commentaries below your pictures).

I"m enjoying watching this!

Thank you! :D

Y'know, if I gave Resolve to Miccy she could probably solo 1-9, except for maybe Jarod. But Burger King is canonically branded so I'll just use him since Miccy doesn't need exp.

2-P: Nealuchi, Leanne

2-1: N/A

2-2: Nealuchi, Leanne, Mordecai, Lethe

2-3: N/A

2-E: Nealuchi, Leanne, Mordecai, Lethe

Then again Leanne can't exactly attack. ._.

Anyway though, update hopefully coming later today!

And here it is!

1-9:

image.jpg1_zpsyniqrj6b.jpg

"Everyone" you mean Micaiah and the laguz?

image.jpg2_zpsjfozxvwu.jpg

Excuse you Jill, let Micaiah stare at trees in peace.

image.jpg3_zpsrtocxhui.jpg

HAARDY HAAR HAAR

image.jpg4_zpsx2sgchwm.jpg

Micaiah will be taking this for maximum dodge-tank ability.

image.jpg5_zpsj2ogchcz.jpg

Might as well.

image.jpg6_zpseisu86ys.jpg

Y'know, Resolve!Micaiah could probably kill Jarod. Burger King isn't really needed here.

image.jpg7_zps2njqakbi.jpg

...and yet he comes anyway. Well, if Micaiah gets hungry mid-battle, she knows who to go to.

image.jpg8_zpsyz3bezto.jpg

Not like he could anyway.

image.jpg9_zpsms2v3n2d.jpg

Micaiah and BK go seperate ways for maximum efficiency.

image.jpg10_zps8oxlfinc.jpg

Turn 2 positioning.

image.jpg11_zps1ljmmnfa.jpg

Extremely blurry turn 3 positioning.

image.jpg12_zpsllgtkwbe.jpg

...and Micaiah kills the last non-Jarod enemy on turn 4.

image.jpg13_zpsuwsek7mt.jpg

Of course I am, I 4 turned this. :D

image.jpg14_zps1cwemtm2.jpg

BK doesn't OHKO Jarod? Straight to bottom tier!

image.jpg15_zps8ia7zuul.jpg

I love how it assumes you killed Jarod with BK. I did a girls-only playthrough the other day and I managed to kill Jarod with Micaiah through Resolve + luck.

image.jpg16_zpsrurislfi.jpg

Blasphemy! He can't die! This is Fire Emblem, and he has blue hair!

image.jpg16_zpsrurislfi.jpg

I certainly haven't.

image.jpg18_zpszlcgunkq.jpg

How to solve conflicts 101 with Micaiah!

image.jpg19_zpsdojda8c2.jpg

She could have done it on her own.

image.jpg20_zpspbmbkrid.jpg

Through the power of burgers!

image.jpg21_zpsh9ndy94o.jpg

You really don't. =P Nailah is arguably better than him anyway.

image.jpg22_zps15tgfze1.jpg

1-E:

image.jpg23_zps88bu3yp2.jpg

That's kind of the whole point of the playthrough, Izuka.

image.jpg24_zps6u5y88aa.jpg

Sorry Sothe, but your knife was kind of confiscated due to you not having laguz blood. Leave Izuka-killing to whoever I put in the Hawk Army in Part 4.

image.jpg25_zpsp39zllyo.jpg

BS, you're a Level 12 Dark Sage.

image.jpg26_zpst7nxvum3.jpg

lol fiona

image.jpg27_zpsuw3vmyfe.jpg

Fiona did something useful whaaaaaaat?

image.jpg28_zpstjslg29o.jpg

Anyway, time for some bexp:

image.jpg29_zps5ftwc5w1.jpg

I decide to start giving Muarium levels due to Both, as of right now, officially winning the poll. Did not expect this but I'm cool with it, one less Part 3 unit to train.

image.jpg33_zpsfwzzgxsk.jpg

Muarim now has 40 Strength when transformed. This is Part 1. frgthyukijygtfrdsadfgthyj

image.jpg30_zpslt6abocb.jpg

Vika/10

image.jpg31_zpsawjxzw81.jpg

She capped Speed though!

image.jpg32_zpser3fou1o.jpg

I'm liking this Speed.

image.jpg35_zpsuvl05swa.jpg

I take Celerity off of Vika so that I can have it before 4-4.

image.jpg36_zpslciyh6ej.jpg

Ilyana's inventory.

image.jpg37_zpse8ssxoee.jpg

If only we actually had that many soldiers.

image.jpg38_zps8hrmmco0.jpg

It's time! BK is here for Lehran purposes, and Rafiel is here so that Vika and Muarim can transform turn 2.

image.jpg39_zpsccy0wjqv.jpg

Burger King is just a tad OP.

image.jpg40_zpshoqkr0oa.jpg

Sothe is dedicated shovebot for Rafiel.

image.jpg41_zpslihdfwm6.jpg

This is why I like Rafiel the best out of the herons, untransformed 4-person Vigor is awesome.

image.jpg42_zpsj5a4q7ky.jpg

I've never liked biorhythm as a mechanic.

image.jpg43_zps1g1fhfv9.jpg

This is how good Muarim is. He OHKO's knights, and he still only even has A Strike. I'm hoping he'll be able to hit SS by 4-E-5, he'll be very valuable against the Auras.

image.jpg44_zpsp41md9ap.jpg

Nailah is carrying Sothe and BK is carrying Rafiel. My plan is to drop Sothe by the chests so he can get the loot for Micaiah and Brolug in Part 3.

image.jpg45_zpsitbdhcdv.jpg

I wonder if Volug still speaks like this in "support conversations" for people who can't understand that language. If he does, that shows how badly made the FE10 support convos are to be honest.

image.jpg46_zpsdgtqordn.jpg

I've only ever used magic cards for fighting BK in 3-7 and getting herons kills for lulz. I almost always sell them.

image.jpg47_zpsq1feqymb.jpg

Woah, Volug, that's a bit overkill, calm down.

image.jpg48_zpsytjzuexg.jpg

With the coast cleared, Sothe can start getting the chests.

image.jpg49_zpsqmozjpgo.jpg

Eh.

image.jpg50_zpsboxtowcb.jpg

That's a bit extreme.

image.jpg51_zps3kccf3u5.jpg

VOLUG GOT MORE THAN 3 STATS STOP THE PRESSES

image.jpg52_zpselgnpqvv.jpg

meh

image.jpg53_zpsx1y30mxt.jpg

I missed the picture but this was an Unlock staff.

image.jpg55_zpsmoj7lfqz.jpg

I'll be saving this for 4-E-5.

image.jpg57_zps129olwd2.jpg

Both Volug and Micaiah have good enough Speed, so this probably won't be used until Part 4.

image.jpg65_zpstqrpllcw.jpg

Woo! ^-^

image.jpg66_zpsapthcgr3.jpg

image.jpg67_zpsgkieaa70.jpg

image.jpg69_zpsd8fw8zu5.jpg

image.jpg68_zpsbuoidaed.jpg

((im totes not in the reflection of the final pic))

And Part 1 is over! Part 2 won't be much of a laguz playthrough due to 2-1 and 2-3 having no laguz, but meh. I can have some fun in those due to this being EM, like soloing 2-3 with Astrid (even though it's probably smarter to go pacifist).

Unit summaries and stats:

image.jpg67_zpsgkieaa70.jpg

Micaiah was a lot more solid than I expected. She carried her weight during the chapters I had to solo with her, and was still a solid unit when the laguz came along. With Resolve she should definitely help in Part 3.

image.jpg59_zpsigto6dqw.jpg

Volug's potential wasn't able to be fully reached in this part due to Wildheart being forced on him, but he still ended up developing rather well and should carry the Part 3 DB chapters with his high offense, and passable defence.

image.jpg61_zpsyobfpwqe.jpg

Vika is awesome. Her defenses may not be too great but she more than makes up for that with her impeccable dodging ability. She should cap everything once we meet her again in 4-4, and is looking to be a solid Endgame unit with her SS Strike.

...providing she gets some Strength.

image.jpg60_zps27e3zmx7.jpg

I didn't expect to end up using Muarim, but I'm not complaining. He has by far the best Strength and Defense on my team, and once he starts capping he will be invaluable in Endgame due to his offense against Auras, Spirits and Deghinsea.

image.jpg63_zpsmaecs0v5.jpg

I won't be taking Nailah to Endgame due to my no-royals rule, but she helped quite a bit while I had her in this part.

she's absolutely horrible though due to not being able to ORKO Jarod untransformed

image.jpg64_zpsdupkexxn.jpg

Purely deployed for Lehran, but helped against the reinforcements. In hindsight, I probably should have traded his Concoction away. ._.

Next time: Nealuchi solos 2-P while everyone else sits in the corner!

Edited by Vapo

Hey man i made an account just to spread the word about how GOOD a unit Lyre is and how you need to use her in this run!!1!! She is so good when she reaches level 40 she can activate MegaLaguz form in which she can attack every unit on the map. When you make it to the dragon king's level, if she is deployed dheginsea moves the entire of goldoa 10,000 miles west to let her through. There is also a super secret ending (shh though) where if you kill Ashura with Lyre it turns out Lyre is the reincarnation of Ashunera and becomes the new god and exterminates the filthy beorcs. Anyway in short Lyre OP.

everyone underestimates her and says stuff like "she has the same speed transformed and ranulf does untransformed" but im just here to say its all a lie created by the senators to hide away their new goddess so only they can gaze upon her. and lyre full game solo amirite? she carries the entire story

oh and i swear i dont have 10 warning points from trolling on a two day old account :Kappa:

Edited by LyreOP

everyone underestimates her and says stuff like "she has the same speed transformed and ranulf does untransformed" but im just here to say its all a lie created by the senators to hide away their new goddess so only they can gaze upon her. and lyre full game solo amirite? she carries the entire story

I've watched a stream recently, where she was trained from base level to maximum level with paragon untransformed in 4-5 on NM.

She's trainable, even if her growths are mediocre (which applies to most of the laguz).

I've watched a stream recently, where she was trained from base level to maximum level with paragon untransformed in 4-5 on NM.

She's trainable, even if her growths are mediocre (which applies to most of the laguz).

Yeah I've heard about that. If the opportunity comes I might try doing that for lulz, 36 capped Strength could be pretty decent (then again that also applies to Lethe and Ranulf), if not for bosses then for the role of spirit-killing.

Fun fact though: out of the 3 Cats in the game, Lyre has the best summed up growths: 330%. She sacrifices HP for having the best Speed and Skill growths out of the Cats, and - get this - has best Strength growth tied with Lethe. She also has the best Res.

I should probably stop complimenting Lyre though, I'm figuratively feeding the troll the equivalent of a 3 course meal. =P

And it is delicious. but seriously would love to see lyre make it into the final 11, if just to prove how OP she is. On that note what do you think your short list for the tower will be? I'm sure all the branded will make it just to make it bearable so thats stefan/soren for sure, ranulf is too good not to, mordecai is a beast (pun intended) and vika and maurim are both coming if their growths are good. Dumping in the wolf boy wonder you nearly have a full list if you bring lyre for the ride with the OP hawk duo.

Sure i may be a little trolly with lyre but she is OP, and i am actually interested to see how you do.

Edited by LyreOP