Laguz + Branded Only Run Kind-of-Playlog

Vapo

SANAKI  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Should I be allowed to use Sanaki because of her being Micaiah's sister?

• Yeh, sure, go ahead.
    • Nope, her brand isn't visible.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll probably savestate-rig the same general stats, like Micaiah and Vika's speed. I'll do like a master post with all the 1-P to 2-3 level ups when I've done it all, should be within a couple of days.

Put the save file from the wii on an SD card and transfer it to Dolphin?

Tools>Import Wii save

Edited by AlexMH3

Put the save file from the wii on an SD card and transfer it to Dolphin?

Tools>Import Wii save

I would do that, except my physical copy is PAL and my .iso is NA. .-.

edit: how do you savestate rig on dolphin? i'm trying things that work for battle save rigging but im getting the exact same level up every time

edit2: oh, okay, i have to wait turns to burn rns. rip all turn bonus bexp

3dit: Micaiah actually lost exp from the original run because I'm rigging Speed every single level up and she doubles everything LOL

edit4: Alright, redone 1-P to 1-3, Micaiah somehow ended up even BETTER (I did rig this time, but only for Speed).

[spoiler=level ups]RFEE01-20_zpshhzesoii.pngRFEE01-21_zpsw08pvenk.pngRFEE01-22_zpsflvdj0tg.pngRFEE01-23_zpsfrtmqxls.pngRFEE01-24_zpspao9tg9l.pngRFEE01-25_zps8rsezxef.pngRFEE01-26_zpscop1xz5e.pngRFEE01-28_zpsbosxqjil.pngRFEE01-29_zpsgh5lvlbm.png

RFEE01-30_zpsjm8jdi6p.pngRFEE01-31_zps6edpjub8.pngRFEE01-32_zpsiucgl2ua.pngRFEE01-33_zpsbte9qa9t.pngRFEE01-34_zpsz8wg9jrw.pngRFEE01-35_zpsczdbbfth.pngRFEE01-36_zps03qlmjha.pngRFEE01-37_zps3zgriiyy.pngRFEE01-38_zps0is3aiv0.pngRFEE01-39_zps32hkjhjl.png

I'm predicting in this run 20/20/20 Micaiah will end up capping everything.

Edited by Vapo

This run is awesome, made me start playing through my copy of Radiant Dawn again (never did get around to beating it for some reason stopped a bit of the way into part 3.) So thanks!

Alright, I've done 2-E. Dunno when I'll be able to upload the pictures though, my internet is being painfully slow.

1-4 to 2-3 level up montage:

RFEE01-40_zpshojre71k.pngRFEE01-41_zpsewgqpljf.pngRFEE01-42_zpsvgamujyl.pngRFEE01-43_zps1x71ezct.pngRFEE01-44_zpskk7fpq8w.pngRFEE01-45_zps1pbf9ntz.png

RFEE01-47_zpsimxn5kyz.pngRFEE01-48_zpshqfpacxk.pngRFEE01-50_zpsjizxnvpq.pngRFEE01-53_zpsb6ytmdwb.pngRFEE01-54_zpsgp1gjluj.pngRFEE01-55_zpstuogtbxb.pngRFEE01-56_zpsv01n9omb.pngRFEE01-57_zpsf2ws6tw7.pngRFEE01-61_zpsvf65a0mh.pngRFEE01-64_zpstyktfmay.pngRFEE01-68_zpsnpv4wyaa.pngRFEE01-62_zpsbsa0apil.pngRFEE01-49_zpsmku8qect.pngRFEE01-51_zpst8licbwc.pngRFEE01-58_zpsw2qskq80.pngRFEE01-60_zpsa6odnyr9.pngRFEE01-69_zpszdfhway4.pngRFEE01-67_zpsxrov86z0.pngRFEE01-70_zpsq1wvlfrh.pngRFEE01-71_zpso7vbixwm.pngRFEE01-73_zpszsypej1i.pngRFEE01-74_zpsfqchiefr.png

Volug: A bit strength screwed (and by that I mean not a single proc) but bexp should fix that.

Vika: Still god tier. Less Speed than last time but she seems better overall.

Muarim: HOLY FRICK 61 ATK IN PART 1

Nealuchi: Hit S Strike, thanks Vicious Sal.

2-1: The Venin Edge took 35 tries to get with an 8.5% chance. I wish I was kidding.

2-3: No Astrid solo this time, but wayyyy more bexp.

2-E:

RFEE01-75_zps33kdo8rr.png

IT'S BACK

RFEE01-76_zps1t9pbecm.pngRFEE01-78_zpsg4gutbod.png

Part 2 is short.

RFEE01-80_zpsbpwefsg8.png

How do you know it isn't Geoffrey's?

RFEE01-79_zpslwkgiqz5.png

I will for this strat.

RFEE01-81_zps4esk4lnz.png

Oh, the ponytail, that's how.

RFEE01-1_zps0zxuqemp.png

Look, it's a free Meteor tome!

RFEE01-2_zpswtnqm6ox.png

Y'know, I forgot how good the story of Part 2 was after my first playthrough. Anyway, I put all my bexp in to Mordy for Part 3. Since I'm not using Lethe in the longterm.

RFEE01-3_zpsy8shpbkb.png

RFEE01-4_zpskmwbyzhu.pngRFEE01-5_zpsu7b0j7py.pngRFEE01-6_zpsnngylufj.pngRFEE01-7_zpszg8igqrq.pngRFEE01-8_zps1bhqhm2r.pngRFEE01-9_zpssnvjbt8o.pngRFEE01-10_zpswjh85uvx.pngRFEE01-11_zpsahcrvgip.pngRFEE01-12_zpswljouwzo.pngRFEE01-13_zpsuise7tfi.pngRFEE01-14_zpsc50k3vuq.png

I'm not actually using Mordy in combat in this chapter, but I figured he could use the bexp seeing as otherwise he won't get it until Part 4.

RFEE01-15_zpslsjpmf5x.png

Sorry random servant, Elincia isn't a laguz, she doesn't have a tail. I wish she did, though.

RFEE01-16_zpsaapgvxgt.png

DAMN

RFEE01-22_zps5ozz8fnd.png

Anyway, deployment slots. Shamelessfully stolen from Soul's LTC strat. I don't really need to deploy Brom and Calill here, but they're useful for battle save rigging.

RFEE01-19_zpsoyoysnrn.png

Marcia's role here is giving items to Lethe so she can give them to Heather.

RFEE01-18_zpsocildd1x.png

lol

RFEE01-20_zpsgl281npv.png

Marcia rescues an allied Halbedier and Canto's one tile to her left.

RFEE01-21_zpsz6eumop7.png

Same goes for Elincia.

RFEE01-17_zpsolgzvv8v.png

Nephenee then shoves Leanne to an important spot.

RFEE01-23_zps5yaazidm.png

And our newly trained tank with a very family-friendly HP count smites Nealuchi to his left.

RFEE01-24_zpsafir2yoh.png

This allows Nealuchi to transform next to this Crossbow enemy. That enemy is important to the strat.

RFEE01-25_zpsozeqoabq.png

Haar also heads down, not for combat, but for rescuing Leanne to safety. Technically this isn't needed as Leanne revives in 3-11 whatever happens here, but I'd rather not see her die.

RFEE01-26_zpsikryshmv.png

Leanne then spreads her wings and flies away to 3-11 does her thing.

RFEE01-27_zpsxwsymhcu.png

Haar rescues her and Cantos up north.

RFEE01-29_zps6bub07pc.png

Anyway, Soul's strat revolves around this guy hitting Nealuchi, to get him in to Wrath range. It also needs Nealuchi to get S Strike earlier on in Part 2, which I did in 2-P using the strat Vicious Sal showed.

RFEE01-32_zpsfdwmptit.png

Only took around 5 resets, not too bad. Unlike the Venin Edge in the redo which took 35. .-.

RFEE01-33_zps0qnvtu6p.png

Nealuchi then moves to this spot here, which will get Ludveck to attack at 1 range.

RFEE01-30_zpsjqwxbaas.png

Meanwhile, Marcia trades the good stuff from 2-3 to Lethe. I wasn't able to get the Speedwing this time, but it'll probably go to better use in 3-11 anyway.

RFEE01-31_zpsekedgzdc.png

Lethe also trades the Arms Scroll to Heather (who, as seen, has the 2-1 Venin Edge, Lucia's Silver Sword, and her Elixir). Anyway, time for enemy phase. I move around Brom for battle-save rigging since getting 2 crits in a row with Nealuchi was pretty hard.

RFEE01-34_zpszsjhynmu.png

Ludveck, I don't think you understand. I throw laguz in to the ranks every map. That's what this playthrough is.

RFEE01-35_zps3lhrowix.png

Finally! (for those wondering, I think the blank crit/skill thing at the side is an emulator or NTSC glitch. Never seen it happen on console. .-.)

RFEE01-36_zps45nsnhuq.png

Ludveck not actually disappearing from the map has always looked weird to me.

RFEE01-37_zpsipybgsro.png

I'm so glad I'm not using Nealuchi in the long run.

RFEE01-39_zpsazguiem7.png

Murder's generally not a nice thing to do.

RFEE01-40_zpsuprzx6hj.png

Elincia has the exact same look on her face as every other piece of dialogue she's in.

RFEE01-42_zpsou4oqe6z.png

And that's the moral of the story, kids! *closes storybook*

RFEE01-43_zpszotkgyed.png

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUwjrIU9AsE

RFEE01-45_zpspy5e56hc.png

Not shown in the screenie, but the voice acting in this scene is so cringeworthy. A Jill gets screwed in Strength every time I hear Mia's line in this.

RFEE01-41_zpsgwxi4kpy.png

You could have said that from the start and saved a whooole lot of trouble.

RFEE01-47_zps42tsgutu.png

As well as decent voice actors.

RFEE01-46_zpslkhyekdo.png

RFEE01-48_zpsggkftaan.png

So have Nintendo, based on the FE13 voice acting.

RFEE01-49_zpsvauqzvuk.png

Weren't you like, just talking about peace a chapter or two ago Elincia?

RFEE01-50_zpsy7tjh6or.png

Yes, both countries are only deploying laguz.

RFEE01-51_zpsxuul7dt1.png

Did Elincia ever even see BK in FE9? And if so, how did she remember the colour of his cape of all things?

RFEE01-52_zpsmoinz7qr.png

And when you do, I'll have to go through the trouble of having you take a hit from him for Lehran deployment purposes.

...wait, this isn't a clear 1 save, never mind.

RFEE01-53_zpsb3gfy0qx.png

Anyway, Part 2 is done! There was a bit of a hiccup around 2-3 but with the new style of screenie taking updates should come a lot quicker now.

MVP of Part 2: Nealuchi for being the sole combat unit in both 2-P and 2-E. No one else really did enough to earn the title of MVP.

Best Moments: Stealing the Venin Edge, getting Astrid to Tier 3.

Worst Moments: Resetting 35 times to get the Venin Edge, rigging Nealuchi's double crit on Ludveck.

Next time: Ike and Soren vs Skrimir's AI! And our second Branded character, Soren!

Edited by Vapo

Since this is a thread about stupid crazy playthroughs, did anyone ever use Heather in the tower? It's just the other two knife users are near infinitely better and one is mandatory and one has lethality. I remember doing an all knife+bow user run with her and even then she was a waste of time.

I used her once in a girls-only playthrough. If anything, she was useful in 4-E-5 as dedicated spirit killer. She got the Matrona in 4-E-1 which helped, I guess.

PART 3: INTERSECTING VOWS

subtitled: SWITCHEROO

3-P:

RFEE01-1_zps1faybnsp.png

AND THE LONGEST PART OF THE GAME BEGINS!

RFEE01-2_zpseyhbcrno.png

RFEE01-3_zpsc5y991fu.png

Welcome Soren, our lord and saviour!

RFEE01-4_zpsvnijkoi7.png

It's the most reliable cat in the game! (sorry lyre)

RFEE01-5_zpsp4m5shbs.png

That was proved by Vika (our other lord and saviour) in Part 1.

RFEE01-6_zps40cguyin.pngRFEE01-7_zpsj57jpu6j.png

We're 7 screenshots in to the part and we're getting in to war already?

RFEE01-8_zpsldyuky7w.png

My favourite heron!

RFEE01-9_zpszavdvmjb.png

omg nailah

RFEE01-10_zpsx1zolptj.png

Hey look, it's that place!

RFEE01-11_zps8iiu0ydc.png

But only the ones you fight in 4-E-1.

RFEE01-12_zps8wlhm9us.png

Three of the best units in the game. None of which I'll be using though.

RFEE01-13_zps9bsedutz.png

Especially due to, you know, the Kilvas blood pact.

RFEE01-14_zpsstfbgu0a.png

*flashbacks to that scene in fe9 where they think sanaki is just some random girl on a ship*

RFEE01-15_zpsvznex8pg.png

I will be using Ike in the longterm, if not just for 4-E-2 and 4-E-5.

RFEE01-16_zps9vip1efo.png

Because Nintendo want to force Fog of War on us.

RFEE01-17_zpsf5fb68kw.png

I've never noticed ballistae being effective against laguz. .-.

RFEE01-18_zpsit5pqii8.png

Skrimir needs some anger management classes. Like, seriously.

RFEE01-19_zpsivopbrct.png

YOU'VE GOT A FRIEND IN ME

RFEE01-20_zpsnwxigkgy.png

Minor implied Shinon character development for the win?

RFEE01-21_zpsk1t5dd6k.png

RFEE01-22_zpscap0lxwj.png

:(

RFEE01-23_zpsm9vhypmg.png

Don't know how swordfighting is going to really help Skrimir.

RFEE01-24_zpsqs5ns3pa.png

And later on you'll be trained to fight by my bexp. Not sure how that works in-universe, but whatever.

RFEE01-25_zps6kptqzzd.png

Lethe's also gotten over her FE9 racism which is cool.

RFEE01-26_zpsfmwxewtp.pngRFEE01-27_zpswsd1n3ss.pngRFEE01-28_zpszqwz6ejo.pngRFEE01-29_zpsxayr87b4.png

I remove the skills off of the units who won't be needing them. Provoke in particular will be important for this Ike/Soren duo.

RFEE01-30_zpszdkcucgd.png

I probably should have given Miracle to Soren seeing as Ike is pretty much invincible in this chapter, but it doesn't really matter since Ike has Provoke.

RFEE01-31_zpshhkodxcm.png

Soren takes Vantage, which is kind of useless in this game but would have been awesome for him in FE9.

RFEE01-32_zpsppwlryp4.png

I would've screenied the rest of this cutscene if the laguz all transforming at once didn't crash my game. ._.

RFEE01-33_zps8yx2ul2f.png

Anyway, 3-P deployment.

RFEE01-34_zpsrmkdkofh.png

Everyone but Ike and Soren hide in the corner.

RFEE01-35_zpsbc9wm3pt.png

Ike heads forward because, unlike Soren, he is able to take more than 1 hit.

RFEE01-36_zpse38ex2zm.png

But then Soren heads forward as well because I realise Mist could get kills by that Warrior. I decide to attack the Warrior for chipping purposes, and...

RFEE01-37_zpsrqzr9tno.png

SOREN I LOVE YOU

RFEE01-38_zpsnsc8hmsh.png

This is how Provoke will be important here.

RFEE01-39_zpsf1svmt6w.png

Soren gets attacked anyway but due to being amazing procs both Vantage and Adept. <33

RFEE01-40_zpslkwfsbmt.png

And he also gets an amazing level up. I was originally having doubts about Soren, but it's looking like he'll be able to carry his weight.

RFEE01-41_zpsyiver2aj.png

RFEE01-42_zps5pavmsmc.png

Soren is taking most of the kills because he doesn't have a fixed promotion like Ike. I'm hoping to have him be Tier 3 by the time the laguz come along.

RFEE01-43_zpscororhbj.png

One of my goals this chapter is to build up IkexSoren support, because Soren reeeally needs the extra Avo.

RFEE01-44_zpshrxsut0y.png

I've never understood why Fire beats Wind in the magic triangle. Shouldn't Wind like, put out Fire?

RFEE01-45_zpsyln9uah9.png

This surprise Swordmaster won't be a hinderance as Soren isn't doubled by him and Ike has Provoke.

RFEE01-46_zpsl9flq0pt.png

Meanwhile with the laguz, they actually decide to show that they have at least one shared brain between them and fight with Ranulf.

RFEE01-47_zpsjstmgquo.png

Ike gets his first level from the Swordmaster and it's pretty awesome.

RFEE01-48_zpshkvklqbt.png

...unlike Biorhythm.

RFEE01-49_zpsqyqfiexa.png

Oh yeh, I'm also trying to build up Mist x Boyd support to potentially get that 3-E Spirit Dust.

RFEE01-50_zpsxq0mru7z.png

Soren gets his second level, and doesn't cease to impress. :D

RFEE01-51_zpsz1bjvyj4.png

His hit rate does cease to impress, however. Luckily no rigging was involved here.

RFEE01-52_zpsmcux6mqx.png

Soren heals because otherwise he'll die.

RFEE01-53_zpsrzxwsyus.png

Anyway, from this point onwards there isn't really anything to do as the laguz have caught up to us.

RFEE01-54_zpsz8ivfiru.png

I was planning on feeding that Sniper to Soren. ;-;

RFEE01-55_zpsbtkcouyy.png

Luckily there's still this one, though.

RFEE01-56_zpso1ejarza.png

Good, good.

RFEE01-57_zpszqhx56gq.png

RFEE01-58_zps1vq5i9bf.png

Some random laguz stole the Concoction Ranulf starts with. :(

RFEE01-59_zps9jhhfopz.png

On this episode of "the 3-P AI is braindead", we have Skrimir preventing that Tiger from counter-attacking the boss by moving in said bosses range.

RFEE01-60_zpshhhwjoxr.png

This was Turn 11. I've never really gotten lucky with the 3-P AI.

RFEE01-62_zpskxrcki8i.png

Pretty sure that's racist, but ok.

RFEE01-63_zpsmjqj89qm.png

Nah, leave it to the laguz.

RFEE01-64_zpsejxp0cmf.png

Leanne looks drunk in this picture.

(sorry, no bexp at end of chapter thing anymore, this is a first playthrough D=)

Next time: probably one of the best lines in the game, and the first of two cases where I might have to break the rules.

Ballistae are effective against bird Laguz, they have the properties of Bows.

Also, realistically Wind only makes Fire stronger. At least Thunder can create Fire, so that portion of the Trinity makes sense.

True, true. Then again you don't exactly have any allied bird laguz in 3-P.

So will you do a second playthrough to get Lehran as well as the rest of the plot ?

If I do it'll probably be a bonus episode after the playthrough is done just showcasing it.

3-1 will come later today.

Edited by Vapo

I took Ranulf saying that ballistae were bad news for laguz because they can't counter attack and the ballistae would be too far away to reach without getting shot at.

I'm having some pretty major troubles trying to do 3-1 while both keeping everyone out of the way and doing it in 12 turns, so sorry for the delay. Should I allow other people just for this chapter?

I'm having some pretty major troubles trying to do 3-1 while both keeping everyone out of the way and doing it in 12 turns, so sorry for the delay. Should I allow other people just for this chapter?

Allow you Shinon, Oscar, Gatorie, and Titania in addition to your units. Or maybe just Titania.

Please don't. Ike should be OP enough on Easy Mode.

Why do you need to beat it in 12 turns anyway? If you really can't do it, then I'd allow Shinon, but that's it.